Whenever we have a contest, it will be here! =D Good luck! Users may also hold their own 'Evelon-related' contests here as well in the sub forum, but remember that you can only give away things that you rightfully own!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Contest Central

.:Contest #4:.

Postby BaalsBaby » 09/04/2007 12:30 PM

~**~

Objective:

Design a pet! Woot! Another one of these!

Rules:

Well first of all, we're looking for.. let's say, battle-ready monsters (and please, not alot of armor X__X). Or, if you wish, something horribly, adorably cute... maybe. Stuff. I dunno, show us what ya got!

You may write a written entry, but art is preferred (it doesn't have to be colored art), and we have to have at least 4 entries for this contest to be valid. :)

**** Only two (max) entries per person (on the same post)!

***** There will be two winners!

Judgment Day:

Saturday, September 8th

Now have at it! =OOO

((All who had an entry in the old forums, will you please repost your entries here? Thanks!))

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
BaalsBaby
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pets | Items
Keystones: 987
Donate

Postby Kelica » 09/04/2007 12:30 PM

(Unamed)
Here
(Ignore the writing.I drew it on paper that had been printed on.)
Underneath the coat of sand they wear,are peach colored scales covered in an incredibly sticky substance.The sand sticks to it and hardens to create armor.They are capable of breathing fire,but not flying as they are too heavy for their wings.However,their wings are capable of creating sandstorms.When fully grown,they find heavy objects to stick their tails in for use in close-up combat.They are omnivores,they normally eat cactuses but never deny meat.

Orelum
Here
(Each body part would be coloured one metal-like colour)
The Orelum is a humoungous golem that feeds on metal,nobody knows what is under the hard coat of metal that the Orelum develops.Their armor represents what metals they have eaten,if one only eats a specific metal they wil develop a single-colour coat.They are very territorial,and will prevent people from mining where they live.If they manage to digest some gems,their coats will harden.They could knock down a building without much effort.If you ever find an oversized cave,I suggest you run.
Just returned and getting back in the swing of things! 8D; Expect this space to be filled by something interesting soon. o3o;
Though I kinda picked a bad time to come back, 'cause I'm still really busy, but oh well. x3;
ImageImageImageImageImage
In the meantime, would you mind clicking them? x3;
Kelica
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 97
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 09/04/2007 12:33 PM

Little is known about these little creatures. Maybe Baal could coax them out to find out a bit more?

(giving Baal liberty to do as she wants with them. I am but the concept artist.)
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Postby Mojave » 09/04/2007 1:00 PM

^^ Battle ready huh? *squees* Sounds like I can make my entry tons more ferocious then! *reserves spot* Now all I gotta do is get home and scan the preliminary image.

Okay! So here is the.. well I've been calling it a werebeta. ^^; But it can be re-named to whatever.

Preliminary sketch:
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h128/ ... rebeta.jpg
Side View:
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h128/ ... ebeta2.jpg
(other images might be done)

Info:
It's quite a warmonger, if I do say so myself. Like regular Betas, it loathes others of it's kind. Specially the males. Females are never seen, except in the breeding facilites. They're extremely hard to breed as the male will often times attack the female too. With both saber fangs and tusks to rival that of a wild boar, these incidents are always fatal. Also, the 'fins' upon it's back and belly are razor sharp. Not metallic, but they have the effect of leaving hundreds of cuts similar to paper cuts all over the victim's body. Yeowch. Also, the fins directly under and behind the jaw line can be used to strangle and tear in close combat. They're especially useful with weaving between the gills of an enemy and thus destroying it's target- taking away the lungs. Not much else is known as nobody has tried to put them in shared holding pens since that first fatal attempt. But we're quite sure that the more that's learned, the more bloodthirsty and battle hungry these beasts will be.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 584
Donate

Postby SirMax » 09/04/2007 1:15 PM

EDIT: Moofius's awesome fan art
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s24/moofius313/patrint3.png
The Patrint

Size: Small(3 to 4 feet tall from the feet to the top of the crown blade)
The Patrint is a highly specialized pet that was first seen in the depths of the Tengel Rainforest. Its crown feather, winglike top arms and prehensile bottom arms are all sharp, serrated, and highly blade-like. All are used as weapons, although the plume is used only in mating ritual tussles. Leading Evelon scientists suppose that the blades evolved to deal with not predators, but the heavy under brush and constricting vines when searching for prey. When repelling predators, a much more efficient method is attack with the long claws on the feet, which work much faster than the powerful scything blades. However, against stronger foes than the normal cheetahs and other rainforest  creatures, such as Lucains and Stargoyles, the honed blades are deadly and destructive. While the top two are merely able to swing on the joint that connects them to the body, the bottom two sword arms are moveable and prehensile, as well as flexible to a moderate degree. The serpentine body allows for speed and extreme flexibility, as well the ability to compress down to a head on a stack of blades, leaving the body protected by the biometal. The strange lines one its head, omnipresent in subspecies, are still a mystery, and seem to have no purpose.

The Patrint are reliant on sight in the same way as humans are, but their sense of taste is much worse. However, this can be difficult to determine, since the Patrint's superior sense of smell off-sets this. They also posses extremely sensitive thermoception, able to tell to within ten degrees Fahrenheit the temperature on any part of their body. However, the biometal in their top blades, crown blade, and prehensile blades leaves them with a weak sense of touch and nociception.

Hunting for the Patrint is a simple matter- using their claws, they grasp at prey, and deliver a coup de grace with their crown blades. When harvesting berries and other plants(they are omnivorous), including those that they have grown themselves, they usually use their top blades to slice  branches and their prehensile blades to catch and peel the plants.  

Patrint kits are born in litters of three- rarely more or less. However, the current mysterious leader was born as an only child. They are born as snake like infants, and during the first few weeks of life the prehensile blades grow. During the age of childhood, defined for Patrints as ages three to ten, the top blades grow. Once maturity is reached, normally at age fifteen, the crown blade grows and the child is accepted as an adult when it reaches its full length at age sixteen.

The Patrint speak most human languages, and write them as well. However, all government and other important documents are written in a strange language using letters that looking very similar to the three jagged lines on their heads.

Society wise, the Patrint rely on an honour bound system of structured fights using the blades on top of their heads. With this method, they select leaders and sub-leaders, who then rule until weeks that take place every three years where they can be unseated. Patrints are so honourable that the system does work, oddly.

The ruling society is ruled as such- a leader, who is challenged every three years, a top tier, who have authority over all but the leader, a second tier that is rather like low level or state government, a third tier which has slight authority over the fifth tier, the fourth tier made up normal citizens, and the fifth tier of people who have joined the society from other tribes or races. Promotion to the first tier and leader are based on ceremony battles with crown blades, and second and third tier promotions are based on normal combat.

From first glance, it seems to be a male dominant species, since the overall ruler and top tier of class is normal male. However, this is due to the male's stronger crown blade- the females tend to dominate the second and third tiers due to their faster prehensile blades. A radical feminist movement had suggested that the top tier competition should be changed to general fighting rather than ceremonial.

Patrints are friendly to human, but have only agreed to be pets recently, and even then only select few (Although far more than could be adopted). It is thought to be associated with a new leader, a mysterious figure born with two crown blades.
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 09/04/2007 1:16 PM

*posts a sign saying, "A contest entry will appear here sometime within the next 3 days."
Runs off*
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby Adelie » 09/04/2007 3:32 PM

(Descriptions coming later.)

The Taotie
(See this page for more information on what it it based on.  You may change the whole idea of it, but if so, please change the name with it.  Thankies!)

Sirocco
(Name can be changed (it means "warm, humid wind").)

The Sirocco isn't really a battle pet, as it is about as large as the palm of your hand.  However, they make excellent spies, and when attacked, can defend themselves.  The stinger at the end of their tail injects a deadly poison, and their wings have rather sharp edges.
Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2255
Donate

Postby Fallen Faith » 09/04/2007 3:40 PM

The Rulei
The Rulei lives in the Vast Plains. They live in groups and are pretty hard to find. They tend to stick together when they can. When they were first found they lived in different groups, like the Blood with the Blood and the Chaos with the Chaos. Though now certain groups have banded together to try to keep the humans away. Those groups are the Chaos, battlefield, Void, Blood, Sky and Venom

Certain groups however are friendly towards the humans. Those were the Plush, Jewel, Organic, Candy, Glacial and Bleached. All others are neutral and don't really care about the humans.

When frightened or threatened they will send out their strongest, normally the leader unless the leader is injured. The Rulei will then use the blades on it's arms or its large feet to kick the enemy. It is possible for them to balence on their tails for a short time. If ever the blade on it's arm gets cut/bitten/scratched off the Rulei will try to retreat and heal it's wound to the best of it's ability. Though the blade will never grow back.

He’s like a curse, he’s like a drug
You get addicted to his love
You wanna get out
But he’s holding you down
‘Cause you can’t live
Without one more touch
He’s a good time Cowboy Casanova

## Adalfieri ##

Cabin/Breeders/Trading/Wishes
Fallen Faith
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 321
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 09/04/2007 6:35 PM

Species Name: Lucidiadon
Size: Large, like maybe a little bigger than a Gyrophant. (Sorry, I'm not very good with exact measurements.)
Weapons: The Lucidiadon has three serrated blades on the tip of its long tail. It can use these with deadly precision, though it has to be careful not to cut itself. Its large size means that it is also very strong, though it is remarkably dexterous for such a big creature. It can use its enormous paws to bat away any opposition.
Other Notes: Its ears are small so as to prevent having too much damage done to them. Unfortunately, this means that its hearing is not the best, though its eyesight and sense of smell are superb. It is an herbivore, though, so lacks some of the killing instincts of the carnivorous pets. Still, it is well prepared for battle, and is large enough to ride, though they are usually used as pack animals instead.
Personality: Very friendly and willing to obey human commands. This makes them ideal for battle. If you're fighting with them, they will fight to the death to protect you. Their bond with their trainer is usually very strong, and unbreakable by anything less than death.

[center]Image

Species Name: Sergona
Size: About the size of a Siberian Tiger.
Weapons: The spikes along its side are barbed with poison and can be folded tight to its side, or stretched out in a fan to stab opponents. . They also have many sharp teeth, and their claws are extra long and sharp. Surprisingly, their tail is also a weapon. It is extremely muscular, and can be used to send enemies flying, or even on occasion, squeeze them to death like a constrictor. The spikes on its back also serve a purpose. If in danger, the Sergona will curl up, and roll, goring its enemy with the long thorny spines.
Notes: The Sergonas are usually fairly easygoing but once aroused they will attack without hesitation. Do not approach a mother with young under any circumstances!! Often times the mothers will attack before you even see them. They are extremely protective of their offspring, partly because the males do not help with guarding them. Also, if prey is scarce, the Sergona will work together in packs to bring down larger meals, though they are normally solitary.
Personality: Because of their normal solitary lives, they do not bond as well with trainers. But if you can get one to bond with you, it is most likely that you will not regret it. They are fierce in battle, and nothing fazes them. However, note that they will be your friend, but not your slave. If you try to order them around too much, they will ignore you and go their own way.

[/center]

Kitty's Breedables------The Menagerie
"Control yourself; take only what you need from it." ~Kids by MGMT
Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 986
Donate

Postby Flame » 09/04/2007 6:53 PM

Okies, so here is Flamey's first entry^^

The Resurrectaire:

Okay, so I know this first piccy's kinda horrid, and personally, I like the second better^^

At the moment, I don't really have much on this creature, thought I was thinking something along the lines of them either being a Purity, or perhaps the counterpart to the Hollowheart (You know, the whole dragon and pheonix thing ;3). Anyway, like I mentioned, the Resurrectaire (and yes, I know I am crappy at coming up with names xD You can twiddle with that if you'd like ^^) is somewhat akin to the pheonix, as you can most likely (hopefully), tell from the pictures. It's feathers are alike to the flames on an Ancient Kuhna's fur: They have the uncanny ability to burn whatever they touch, but will not harm those who are kind to them or they deem worthy of touching them. They are proud, dignified creatures, and the only thing that can harm them or bring them down is despair. When it comes to combat, these elegant avians can be just as fierce as the angriest of Hunters, and in the air, the are swift and agile, and while battling, manage to maintain a look of grace and pride. They have the ability to project balls of flame from their beaks of varying sizes when roused, and their wings are powerful enough to break bone if used in close combat. Of course, there are always the lethally sharp beak and claws to look out for too, rendering the Resurrectaire a much more worthy opponent than they may seem on first sight.

Okies, here's Flamey's second entry...I personally think that this one looks a tad more battle-ready than the Resurrectaire, but that's a matter of opinion^^
The Chimaerantula

This here, as you can see, is a Chimaerantula, a large, buglike creature that can be found mostly in the jungles, but some have learned to adapt to other conditions and environments. They are extremely hardy creatures, despite their rather frigile look. They are surprisingly swift, elegant, and graceful in their movements for ones that have so many legs. By now, you've probably noticed that the Chimaerantula is indeed a mixture of the three most revered insects known to mankind: The praying mantis, the black widow, and the emperor scorpion. It is imbued with the abilities of all three creatures, making it a formidable foe. Like the praying mantis, it is known for its amazing speed, balance, agility, and accuracy. From the black widow, its elegant deadliness and calm, and from the scorpion, its uncanny swiftness and ferocity. Its vice-like front claws are a lot more powerful than they may seem at first for their slenderness, yet they can crush bone in their knife-like grip. The Chimaerantula also has very good eyesight, and can see over 180 degrees around without turning its head. Its second most obvious weapon is its daggerlike tail, adorned with its own sack of venom near the needle-sharp tip. When attacking, it can strike faster than a snake, and one full blow from the poison-filled tip is enough to knock out, or even kill a Gyrophant. Less noticeable from the outside, it still has the venom of the black widow in its body, and though its jaws are rather small for attacking, the venom in them can easily take down smaller creatures such as Kuhnas if they can get their jaws around them. The front claws are handy for this kind of attack if they are aiming to knock their opponent out. If they can though, they will bluff their way out of danger by rearing onto the back two or three pairs of legs, spreading their front pincers in a full display of aggression. Also, a bright, vivid pattern on their underbellies helps with their show of size and formidability. When pressed to defend themselves though, they refuse to back down to a fight, and will battle to the death. If you happen to irk a Chimaerantula, I'd advise you to have a flying companion on hand that can haul you out of the vincinity of its wrath, or if you have an amazing ability to hold your breath underwater and find a handy dandy lake nearby that you can dive into. Otherwise, you're pretty much bugfood. If you happen to befriend one a Chimaerantula though, you have a loyal, though perhaps at times fickle, companion. For the most part, Chimaerantulas are solitary creatures and will not associate themselves with other pets. If you can get one to trust you enough, it may allow an owner to ride astride its back, though a saddle or some kind of cushioning may be advised if the said trainer is not accustomed to the hard back of their mount.
Flame
Well-Traveled Specialist
Well-Traveled Specialist
Pets | Items
Keystones: 6132
Donate

Postby Jabberwock » 09/04/2007 7:39 PM

The FRETAMOLE

A strange, bat-like creature that lives it's life in Lambastia's Grand Cathedral. Fretamoles are naturally attracted to darkness, and it is where they live most of their lives, leaving only to flit from one shadow to the the next. Their eyes are very large, taking up half of it's head, to take in as much light as possible. They are also a bright blood red, and can sometimes be seen through the dark shadows.

It also has large wings with three long finger-like bone, and a paper-thin, but surpisingly strong, film stretched between them. These are at least as long as the creature itself. On the tip of each wing ends in a curl of bone that is very sharp, but hard to use as a weapon. It is used as a hook to grab onto things, because unlike it's earth or Batti cousins, it hooks from the side with one wing-hook and one talon, and hangs, almost monkey-like, against walls.

The feet are strong with four long, curled toes, capable of slicing a pelt, but mostly used for hanging. A Fretamole will use these in combat by flying just above the attacker, and scratching at it's eyes.

The mouth is small, but packed with short, skinny, pointy teeth, with two very long ones that hang just outside the lip in two groves in the lower jaw. The inner teeth resemble the deadly jumble of fangs that is present in some deep sea fish, to make sure prey doesn't escape. It's the same reason why Fretamoles have these. As it'd diet is made up of small birds, it needs to be able to stop them from escaping it's grasp. These can be used to a lesser extent in battle.

As this implies, they do not like human interaction, and are known to be extremely hard to bond with. But once tamed, they become powerful guard-dogs that will kill any force they think could possibly hurt you. This instinct comes from the bond that Fretamole mates share.
A male and female are bonded, the male will devote his life protecting to the female. Any other males or threats will be eliminated. This bond lasts untill they both die, usually within hours of each other.

Picture coming soon.
<center>
ImageImage

</center>
Jabberwock
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 142
Donate

Postby Shaetani » 09/04/2007 7:58 PM

The Froglien (Can be changed)

First I was thinking, there aren't a lot of amphibian type creatures on this site, so I tried to make a cute little frog. I figured it could fall into the cute and cuddly section. Its a rather basic drawing, and the toes and legs didn't come out quite the way I wanted, nor the chin, but here it is.

Overview : No one knows where these creatures originated from, but the first one was found in Idalani Falls. Their purpose was at first questioned until they proved themselves as not only capable spies thanks to their large eyes, but also brilliant at organizing. Everyone knows that wars require supplies, food and shelter for the army, that sort of thing, and these creatures do a wonderful job at getting and distributing those supplies. They are also a bit of a linguist, picking up on others speach with a speed thats almost uncanny. Some speculate that they were frogs who were abducted by aliens and genetically altered... but no one really believes in aliens, right?

Strengths : Superb sight both day and night, able to learn languages with an ease that borders on being genius, very organized mindset.

Weaknesss : Wondering about that little coat were you? One of their weaknesses are that the Frogliens must remain moist and relatively warm. This limits where they can go to a point, but the jacket helps. The Jacket has fur / fluff lining the collar and wrists, and the inner layer is designed with a liquidproof material that helps the froglien retain moisture while the outer layer is designed to help maintain a comfortable warmth. Asides from this, their other weakness is their lack of armor and defense, although most use speed to try and avoid any encounters.
Shaetani
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 27
Donate

Postby Shaetani » 09/04/2007 8:16 PM

[center]The Hedgelle
NAME CAN BE CHANGED IF WISHED
Summary : Okay, this started off as a weird mixture of a Hedge-hog like spikes and a gazelle like horns, but since the face ended up having more of a feline look to it. I love drawing faces, stink at drawing bodies and paws, so if you did decide to have this be the winner you can feel free to edit it and whatnot to make it spiffier / more proportioned.

The Potential for War :
The Hedgelle's head appears slightly large due to the creature having a decently large brain for intelligence. Its large ears, eyes and nose help the creature detect enemies. The porkipine like spikes cover his neck and the back of his head up to his forehead, much like a lions mane would, and for much of the same reasons... protecting the jugular. The horns are used mostly for attracting members of the opposite gender, creating a ratcheting noise when rubbed against wood; although they can be used offensively and defensively. Each paw has four toes with long sharp claws, and the serraded ridges upon the legs and spine are sharp enough to cause cuts if dragged against skin. The tail is slightly fox-like, and contains both fur and spikes.

HEAD

FULL CREATURE

hope you enjoy. ^_^
Shaetani
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 27
Donate

Postby Moofius » 09/04/2007 9:21 PM

You May Change Anything And Everything!
You can have not a thing from the creature that it had originally if I win. X3;; HA! XD

Alrighty then! Lets get my winners up! x3 heh heh.

SPECIES: ???

INFO. Alrighty then! Lets get started on this bad boy! -cracks knuckles-

As you SHOULD beable to see, this beasty is very viciously. A specially engineered pet if you will. From the splicing and cross breeding of many pets of Evelon (incloded, from outward apperance is the lucain and albie and perhaps hollowheart?) this creature was created for one task.
Killing.

This guys a tough little bugger, not to mention fast. It's bone structure is very light, yet it manages to have very strong, blow resistant bones. The muscles are strong and only seem to get stronger as time passes.

Mis matched, roughly assembled feet seem to be a good weakness. Though the claws they've got are pretty heavy duty so watch out!

Not I'm sure you're all wondering, "Why's it blind folded?! That can't be right!"
Well it can and IS right! Now quit intterupting! XD

The people who'd built them (We're not sure, but we think these people may have something to do with the more sucessful Khimera) wanted something with exceptional eyesight, even fantastic!

And they did a very good job. Maybe a bit to well, seeing as these guys can go crazy if you remove the blind fold.

Why the crazy reaction? Well they're eyes recieve much more information than could ever be described. Some say that they even see SOUND! With such an ammount of information their minds (which weren't the largest to begin with) get over whelemed. Death is fairly quick but painful.
So, when they're just pups the blind fold is put on.

But don't worry. besides having great eye sight they're other senses are fantastic and they manage very well.

As for personality. They were bred to fight and will do so. They're not "loyal" perse, but they will do as they're told. So if you don't want a pet who'll do as you say with no emotional attachment this is the pet for you! X3

SPECIES: ???

INFO. I bet you're wondering what kind of evil I've got over here, huh?

Nothing evil, very peaceful really.

These creatures are native to the Wilt'no. Evelon's camel if you will. They can hold a fairly large amnmount of water with them (not as much as a camel can though) and are capable of crossing the dessert faster than any other land animal.

It's back feet are designed to spread out the wait of it's body on the sand, making it so the sand is much more easily passed, which most other animals can't due. They usually sink a little into the sand.
The front legs are more bird like. Slim and fast.

The claws and horn are usually used during mating season by the males to win a female. Of course with a bit of patience they can be trained for combat too.

Though they are naturally very peaceful they'll defend you if you make a solid bond with them.

If you're planning on travelling the Wilt'No I suggest you take one of these beauties.
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1098
Donate

Next