Whenever we have a contest, it will be here! =D Good luck! Users may also hold their own 'Evelon-related' contests here as well in the sub forum, but remember that you can only give away things that you rightfully own!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Contest Central

.:The Evelonian Scavenger Hunt!:.

Postby BaalsBaby » 02/10/2012 5:52 PM

~**~

~*The Scavenger Hunt*~

Hey guys! LOOK! I was so excited that I fell in this red jam stuff on my way here, Iswearit’sthetruthbelieveme. But anyway! I'm here with another something cool to do, for I have been compiling a list of wonderful things for you to do! FOR SCIENCE. And why? So you guys can have fun and make a little bit of KS, of course. And I can.. study you. C: This month's flavour of fun is a Scavenger Hunt, devised when I was. You know. Not paying attention in classes and stuff. SO GO FORTH and make my efforts worth it. C’:

How Does This Work?

The Scavenger Hunt, as indicated before, lists a set of tasks for you to accomplish. For each task done, you get paid a set amount of KS that will be indicated in the task's details. Easy as that. The harder the task, the more KS you will be rewarded. You be allowed ONE thread (located in this area) in which you can edit in your tasks as you go during the entire month, up until the end of the Hunt. At the end of the month, your earnings will be calculated and sent out to you! This is not a contest. This Hunt is to be done mostly solo, but some tasks will require you to partner up (all parties will receive the set amount of KS indicated for the task, so there’s no KS splitting that you have to worry about).

For this Hunt, you will need your typing skills, a pencil and paper, paint, ink, a camera, maybe even a webcam!

The Rules!

* Label each task with the number of the task on the list. Your tasks must be labeled appropriately and in numerical order for them to be considered.

* For the tasks you do, please post the task number and INSTRUCTIONS as well. Post your answers after the instruction prompt.

* For all entries that require images, please use the url tags. Do not post images unless indicated by the task.

* You may only do each task ONCE unless indicated otherwise. You will not be rewarded for anything not indicated in the prompt.

* All edits to your Scavenger Hunt entry must be made before the deadline date. Entries stamped with edits made after said date will be disqualified.

* Please note that you DO NOT have to complete every single task. You may only do the ones you believe you can do. The more you complete, the more KS you will get!

* There are some tasks marked with symbols (ex. ‘*’, ‘@’). These will give you an extra reward! If there is more than one of the same mark, those tasks are in a ‘set’ and all must be completed to receive the reward. See ‘Special Rewards’ after the Task List.

* Create a thread for yourself in this area.

* Do NOT look at other people's links. No cheating will be tolerated.

* Before the deadline, edit out ALL UNCOMPLETED TASKS for your list, if you have any.

* READ EACH TASK CAREFULLY! Srsly.

End Date

March 18th, 11:59 PM EST (Sunday)

The Task List:

1.        Who are you? Create an avatar of yourself. You may draw it, use a doll creator, model it, or paint it. Image must be within 150 x 150 to 200 x 200. Use image tags. (10 KS)

2.        Reminisce. Look through your RP posts and think back to your favorite post, the post you’re most proud of. Post it here using url tags. (10 KS)

3.        What are you playin’? Play a computer game or a console game, then take a snapshot or a photo. The quality of the photo doesn't matter, as long as I can discern that it's a game. Use url tags. (10 KS) @

4.        Baal is a video game major. She wants to know what games you enjoy. Create a list of games you play on what consoles. (ex. Mass Effect 2 for PS3) List at least five games. (10 KS) @

5.        But wait, there’s more! Create a list of games (on what console) that you wish for but do not have. List at least five games. You must own the console. (10 KS) @

6.        Draw or sketch a character of one of you Evelon pets (in pet form) as a game character! Essentially, have your character cosplay a character from a pre-existing game. Indicate your character’s pet image, the picture, and the game name here. Use url tags. (10 KS) @

7.        Jump in the IRC! Make sure to use your username. Say hello, make some new friends, and don’t forget to take a screenshot! Use url tags. (10 KS)

8.        Look alikes. Find an Evelon pet then find an image of a realistic animal that looks alike. Post the two images in url tags. (10 KS)

9.        Kuhna-Nip! Create a fake Evelon product! Give it a name, a one line slogan, and a small advertisement description. Written only. (10 KS)

10.        Pick your favorite Evelon character of your’s. Indicate their name here. Then, write a haiku about this character. (25 KS)

11.        Which of Baal’s characters has hair obscuring both eyes when in human form? (25 KS)

12.        Name five Evelon pet species that owns horns of any kind. (25 KS)

13.        Fyoooshun! Find images of real animals online. Photo manipulate and splice the images together to create an existing Evelon pet. Use url tags. (25KS)

14.        What colors are you? Make a color swatch of yourself! Choose three or four colors that you think describe you and explain why you think they apply to you. Color swatch must be an image within 200 x 200. Use img tags. (25 KS)
Ex) Image

15.        Like #14, create a color swatch of your favorite color scheme. Use three or four colors. Image must be within 200 x 200. Use img tags. (25 KS)

16.        Mwahahahah! Your character now rules the entire world. What will your character do next? What would he/she do with this new seat of power? Write about it or roleplay it. Post the image of your pet. Must be at least 5 sentences. Use img tags. (30 KS)

17.        Create a colored image of one of your pets in MS Paint (or the Mac version of it). It doesn’t have to look good, lawl. Use url tags. (30 KS)

18.        What are you eating? Take a photo of some food that you’ve munched on. Use url tags. (30 KS)

19.        Guess the Evelon pet in this image. (30 KS)

20.        Are you an adventurer? Find a photo of one of your exploits in real life to a new or exciting place. Perhaps a vacation or a road trip. You do not have to be in the picture. Use url tags. (30 KS)

21.        Design a colored image (traditional or digital) your dream custom of any of the Metamorphosis Clinic species. No add-ons. Use URL tags. (30 KS) *

22.        From #21, name this character and write an in-depth personality for him/her/it. Must be at least 10 sentences long. (30 KS) *

23.        Write a brief segment of a story that your creature from #21 might be involved in. Write as if in a roleplay. Must be at least 10 sentences. (30 KS) *

24.        Fancy feet. Draw 5 sketches of your Evelon Pets’ feet/paws/talons/whatever (in pet form.) Be creative! You may only draw legs/feet. Include all 5 sketches in one image. Stay within 600 x 400 pixels. Use img tags. You may include your pets names. (30 KS)

25.        Rock a Bye Baal. Write the lyrics for an original Evelon lullaby. (30 KS)

26.        Einsor’s sidekick. Draw a sketch fusing two or more of Evelon’s pets. Use url tags. (30 KS)

27.        Your head’s in the clouds! Take a photo of a cloud(s) that is shaped like or resembles an Evelon pet. Provide the species name. Use url tags. (30 KS)

28.        Unusual medium! Sketch an Evelon pet on something in real life, other than on paper. Be creative! No digital art, no paper. Take a photo of it. Use url tags. (30 KS)

29.        Choose a character. Now you get to kill them! Write a short, dramatic death scene for that character (you choose the scenario). At least five sentences long. (30 KS)

30.        Connect the dots in order in this image and guess the pet. Post the image using url tags. (30 KS)

31.        It’s almost Valentine’s Day. In the words of your character, write a love letter to another one of your’s or someone else’s character. (30 KS)

32.        Promote Evelon! Bring in a new member. Have them create a ‘Hello’ post in the Hellos and Goodbyes thread and mention you as having referred them to Evelon. You may do this for up to five new members max. Post a link(s), using url tags. (30 KS per)

33.        Take a photo of one of your real life pets. If you don’t have one, adopt an inanimate object and make it look like a pet! Use url tags. (30 KS)

34.        Talk to the hand! Find a partner and devise a sentence about Evelon or draw an image. Now divide that sentence/image and draw one part on the back of your hand. Be creative! Scan the back of your hand on a scanner or take a photo. Your scanned or photo'd hands should complete the message together. Indicate your partner here and post both you and your partner’s images. Use url tags. (50 KS)

35.        Don’t be camera shy! Draw, paint, or draw a mustache on tape and take a picture of yourself with the mustache on. (50 KS)

36.        Lovely Lucain. Design five new markings for the Lucain species, using this template. Markings may be minimarks. Briefly describe each marking in 1 to 2 sentences. Use url tags. (50 KS) %

37.        Oho. I get fanart. <___>; Create a colored drawing (traditional or digital) of any of Baal’s characters. Use url tags. (50 KS)

38.        Make me laugh, make me cry! Write a short story that has a plot twist by the end (or several!). Must be Evelon related. Limit to two-three paragraphs. Post it here. (50 KS)

39.        Ttee time! Adopt a new Ttee and take a screenshot of it initially (must have 0 clicks and time stamp must be during this Hunt). Grow the Ttee, then post its image here. Use img tags. (50 KS)

40.        Cosplay fashion shot! Dress exactly like one of your characters (in human form) would dress, and indicate the name of your pet here. Include any add-ons and accessories they might wear on themselves. (You may also use a friend as your model instead of yourself, for your photo). BE CREATIVE! Don’t use wear a shirt and pants, srsly. Reward varies w/ cosplay complexity. Use url tags. (50 – 200 KS)

41.        Rorschach time! Take a sheet of blank white piece of paper, fold it in half. Reopen it. Take some black paint and pour some into the crease of the paper, then close the paper. Press it together with a book. Take a photo of this, or scan it in once dry. Use url tags. (75 KS)

42.        Finger paint. Create an image of something Evelon related, but paint only with your fingers. Take a photo or scan when dry. Use url tags. (75 KS)

43.        Character interactions~ Find a buddy, download this template and draw your character in one square. Have your buddy draw in the other square. Include your partner’s username. Make your characters face each other, doing something awesome and just interacting. Use url tags. (75 KS)

44.        Find those reptiles! Complete this crossword puzzle by finding all of the species from the Scales ‘N Tails pages. Use url tags. (75 KS)

45.        Be friends~ Write a nice, friendly PM to one of your fellow Evelonians (do not PM Baalsbaby. That’s too easy. X’D). Tell them why you appreciate their work, their personality, or even just them as a whole! Screenshot the resultant message from either your Outbox or the Sent Messages tab. Post it here, using url tags. (75 KS)

46.        Digitally design a book cover, a magazine cover, or a newspaper page that is Evelon related. Must be colored and have valid text (even if made up. Just no ‘lorem ipsum’ filler text.) (100 KS)

47.        Bring them to life! Digitally animate a sketch of an Evelon pet. Must be 4 – 5 frames at least. Use url tags. (100 KS)

48.        Draw and color of chibi of one of your characters (pet or human form). Print it out if done digitally. Now cut that character out of the paper and use them in a photo. The photo must depict your character interacting with the real world around him/her. Use url tags. (ex. I claim this bunny in the name of SCIENCE.) (100 KS)

49.        Oh gods, math. Color in this image correctly, using the table provided. Solve the math problems to find which color to use. Here is a clean version of the image, if you wish to color on this instead. All colors must be correct (does not require shading). Submit your image here, use url tags. (100 KS)

50.        Sequential buddies. Work with a partner and create a comic strip (with at least 6 panels)! Must be colored in some form or fashion (ex. Me and Moofius) Must be Evelon related. Include your partner’s name here. Use url tags. (150 KS)

51.        Cross the dimensions. Take a photo or use an old one. Digitally draw an Evelon pet into it. Make it look as real as possible, as if the pet were actually there! Image must be colored, photo must be your own (or may include you in it). Use url tags. (200 KS)

52.        Sculpt a Lubshi or a Shinzo in clay. Take one to two photos of your sculpture. Bonus keystones if it is colored. (200KS, + 50 KS)

53.        Evelon food fun! Create an edible depiction of an Evelon pet in real life. Cook it, bake it, make an arrangement of cheese cubes. Use your imagination! Take photos, use url tags. (200 KS)

54.        Put on a puppet show! Create a small story, design puppets out of some kind of medium, and record a your puppet’s story. Must be Evelon related and at least 3 minutes in length. You can accept outside help! Video should be uploaded preferably to watch online rather than download (i.e. Youtube). (1000 KS)

55.        Impress me. Record a video of you reciting all of the current Snickles (Lord Baal’s children, found here), in order. You must cover your eyes or be blindfolded the entire time. No reading from the list, NO CHEATING. Get ‘em memorized? There are 62 Snickles in all. Good luck! (1500 KS) ***

Special Rewards

@ = (#3-6) Entry into a raffle to win a FREE GAME from yours truly. One winner. Winner will be asked for shipping details and location or product download details depending on product picked.

* =  (#21-23) Entry into a raffle for a custom Clinic pet. One winner.

% = (#36) Chosen few Lucain markings may become official Evelon markings. No set amount of winners.

*** = (#55) Entry into a raffle to win a Chaos Elixir (apply to a breedable pet permanently. Allows breedable pet to produce random colors and markings during breedings) and a Mysterious Egg.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
BaalsBaby
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pets | Items
Keystones: 987
Donate

Re: .:The Evelonian Scavenger Hunt!:.

Postby HunnyBun » 02/10/2012 7:07 PM

Aw Yeah!

---

1.        Who are you? Create an avatar of yourself. You may draw it, use a doll creator, model it, or paint it. Image must be within 150 x 150 to 200 x 200. Use image tags. (10 KS)

I draw myself all the time xD

2.        Reminisce. Look through your RP posts and think back to your favorite post, the post you’re most proud of. Post it here using url tags. (10 KS)

I love This one, I did quite well in detailing what I wanted the reader to see. And it is decently long, I don't type to many long post. Plus I just love the caring nature of Stotch and when he wraps March into his trenchcoat with him. The image in my head is so cute x3

3.        What are you playin’? Play a computer game or a computer game, then take a snapshot or a photo. The quality of the photo doesn't matter, as long as I can discern that it's a game. Use url tags. (10 KS) @

4.        Baal is a video game major. She wants to know what games you enjoy. Create a list of games you play on what consoles. (ex. Mass Effect 2 for PS3) List at least five games. (10 KS) @

Fallout 3 - Xbox 360
Fallout New Vegas - Xbox 360
Elder Scrolls: Skyrim - Xbox 360
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion - Xbox 360
Left 4 Dead (1 and 2) - Xbox 360
All Pokemon Games - Every console they are on
All Legend of Zelda Games - Every console they are on
Harvest Moon - Gamecube
Perfect Dark - Nintendo 64

5.        But wait, there’s more! Create a list of games (on what console) that you wish for but do not have. List at least five games. You must own the console. (10 KS) @

Fallout: New Vegas - Ultimate Edition - Xbox 360 (what's different? comes with all DLC's and other downloads)
Portal 2 - Xbox 360
Mass Effect 3 - Xbox 360
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City - Xbox 360
Silent Hill: Downpour - Xbox 360
Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Xbox 360

6.        Draw or sketch a character of one of you Evelon pets (in pet form) as a game character! Essentially, have your character cosplay a character from a pre-existing game. Indicate your character’s pet image, the picture, and the game name here. Use url tags. (10 KS) @

7.        Jump in the IRC! Make sure to use your username. Say hello, make some new friends, and don’t forget to take a screenshot! Use url tags. (10 KS)

8.        Look alikes. Find an Evelon pet then find an image of a realistic animal that looks alike. Post the two images in url tags. (10 KS)

9.        Kuhna-Nip! Create a fake Evelon product! Give it a name, a one line slogan, and a small advertisement description. Written only. (10 KS)

10.        Pick your favorite Evelon character of your’s. Indicate their name here. Then, write a haiku about this character. (25 KS)

11.        Which of Baal’s characters has hair obscuring both eyes when in human form? (25 KS)

12.        Name five Evelon pet species that owns horns of any kind. (25 KS)

13.        Fyoooshun! Find images of real animals online. Photo manipulate and splice the images together to create an existing Evelon pet. Use url tags. (25KS)

14.        What colors are you? Make a color swatch of yourself! Choose three or four colors that you think describe you and explain why you think they apply to you. Color swatch must be an image within 200 x 200. Use img tags. (25 KS)
Ex) Image

15.        Like #8, create a color swatch of your favorite color scheme. Use three or four colors. Image must be within 200 x 200. Use img tags. (25 KS)

16.        Mwahahahah! Your character now rules the entire world. What will your character do next? What would he/she do with this new seat of power? Write about it or roleplay it. Post the image of your pet. Must be at least 5 sentences. Use img tags. (30 KS)

17.        Create a colored image of one of your pets in MS Paint (or the Mac version of it). It doesn’t have to look good, lawl. Use url tags. (30 KS)

18.        What are you eating? Take a photo of some food that you’ve munched on. Use url tags. (30 KS)

19.        Guess the Evelon pet in this image. (30 KS)

20.        Are you an adventurer? Find a photo of one of your exploits in real life to a new or exciting place. Perhaps a vacation or a road trip. You do not have to be in the picture. Use url tags. (30 KS)

21.        Design a colored image (traditional or digital) your dream custom of any of the Metamorphosis Clinic species. No add-ons. Use URL tags. (30 KS) *

22.        From #14, name this character and write an in-depth personality for him/her/it. Must be at least 10 sentences long. (30 KS) *

23.        Write a brief segment of a story that your creature from #14 might be involved in. Write as if in a roleplay. Must be at least 10 sentences. (30 KS) *

24.        Fancy feet. Draw 5 sketches of your Evelon Pets’ feet/paws/talons/whatever (in pet form.) Be creative! You may only draw legs/feet. Include all 5 sketches in one image. Stay within 600 x 400 pixels. Use img tags. You may include your pets names. (30 KS)

25.        Rock a Bye Baal. Write the lyrics for an original Evelon lullaby. (30 KS)

26.        Einsor’s sidekick. Draw a sketch fusing two or more of Evelon’s pets. Use url tags. (30 KS)

27.        Your head’s in the clouds! Take a photo of a cloud(s) that is shaped like or resembles an Evelon pet. Provide the species name. Use url tags. (30 KS)

28.        Unusual medium! Sketch an Evelon pet on something in real life, other than on paper. Be creative! No digital art, no paper. Take a photo of it. Use url tags. (30 KS)

29.        Choose a character. Now you get to kill them! Write a short, dramatic death scene for that character (you choose the scenario). At least five sentences long. (30 KS)

30.        Connect the dots in order in this image and guess the pet. Post the image using url tags. (30 KS)

31.        It’s almost Valentine’s Day. In the words of your character, write a love letter to another one of your’s or someone else’s character. (30 KS)

32.        Promote Evelon! Bring in a new member. Have them create a ‘Hello’ post in the Hellos and Goodbyes thread and mention you as having referred them to Evelon. You may do this for up to five new members max. Post a link(s), using url tags. (30 KS per)

33.        Take a photo of one of your real life pets. If you don’t have one, adopt an inanimate object and make it look like a pet! Use url tags. (30 KS)

34.        Talk to the hand! Find a partner and devise a sentence about Evelon or draw an image. Now divide that sentence/image and draw one part on the back of your hand. Be creative! Scan the back of your hand on a scanner. Your scanned hands should complete the message together. Indicate your partner here and post both you and your partner’s images. Use url tags. (50 KS)

35.        Don’t be camera shy! Draw, paint, or draw a mustache on tape and take a picture of yourself with the mustache on. (50 KS)

36.        Lovely Lucain. Design five new markings for the Lucain species, using this template. Markings may be minimarks. Briefly describe each marking in 1 to 2 sentences. (50 KS) %

37.        Oho. I get fanart. <___>; Create a colored drawing (traditional or digital) of any of Baal’s characters. Use url tags. (50 KS)

38.        Make me laugh, make me cry! Write a short story that has a plot twist by the end (or several!). Must be Evelon related. Limit to two-three paragraphs. Post it here. (50 KS)

39.        Ttee time! Adopt a new Ttee and take a screenshot of it initially (must have 0 clicks and time stamp must be during this Hunt). Grow the Ttee, then post its image here. Use img tags. (50 KS)

40.        Cosplay fashion shot! Dress exactly like one of your characters (in human form) would dress, and indicate the name of your pet here. Include any add-ons and accessories they might wear on themselves. (You may also use a friend as your model instead of yourself, for your photo). BE CREATIVE! Don’t use wear a shirt and pants, srsly. Reward varies w/ cosplay complexity. Use url tags. (50 – 200 KS)

41.        Rorschach time! Take a sheet of blank white piece of paper, fold it in half. Reopen it. Take some black paint and pour some into the crease of the paper, then close the paper. Press it together with a book. Take a photo of this, or scan it in once dry. Use url tags. (75 KS)

42.        Finger paint. Create an image of something Evelon related, but paint only with your fingers. Take a photo or scan when dry. Use url tags. (75 KS)

43.        Character interactions~ Find a buddy, download this template and draw your character in one square. Have your buddy draw in the other square. Include your partner’s username. Make your characters face each other, doing something awesome and just interacting. Use url tags. (75 KS)

44.        Find those reptiles! Complete this crossword puzzle by finding all of the species from the Scales ‘N Tails pages. Use url tags. (75 KS)

45.        Be friends~ Write a nice, friendly PM to one of your fellow Evelonians (do not PM Baalsbaby. That’s too easy. X’D). Tell them why you appreciate their work, their personality, or even just them as a whole! Screenshot the resultant message from either your Outbox or the Sent Messages tab. Post it here, using url tags. (75 KS)

46.        Digitally design a book cover, a magazine cover, or a newspaper page that is Evelon related. Must be colored and have valid text (even if made up. Just no ‘lorem ipsum’ filler text.) (100 KS)

47.        Bring them to life! Digitally animate a sketch of an Evelon pet. Must be 4 – 5 frames at least. Use url tags. (100 KS)

48.        Draw and color of chibi of one of your characters (pet or human form). Print it out if done digitally. Now cut that character out of the paper and use them in a photo. The photo must depict your character interacting with the real world around him/her. Use url tags. (ex. url=http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3/Baals_Baby/Other%20Stuffs/Fohtohs/100_2169.jpg]I claim this bunny in the name of SCIENCE.[/url]) (100 KS)

49.        Oh gods, math. Color in this image correctly, using the table provided. Solve the math problems to find which color to use. Here is a clean version of the image, if you wish to color on this instead. All colors must be correct (does not require shading). Submit your image here, use url tags. (100 KS)

50.        Sequential buddies. Work with a partner and create a comic strip (with at least 6 panels)! Must be colored in some form or fashion (ex. Me and Moofius) Include your partner’s name here. Use url tags. (150 KS)

51.        Cross the dimensions. Take a photo or use an old one. Digitally draw an Evelon pet into it. Make it look as real as possible, as if the pet were actually there! Image must be colored, photo must be your own (or may include you in it). Use url tags. (200 KS)

52.        Sculpt a Lubshi or a Shinzo in clay. Take one to two photos of your sculpture. Bonus keystones if it is colored. (200KS, + 50 KS)

53.        Evelon food fun! Create an edible depiction of an Evelon pet in real life. Cook it, bake it, make an arrangement of cheese cubes. Use your imagination! Take photos, use url tags. (200 KS)

54.        Put on a puppet show! Create a small story, design puppets out of some kind of medium, and record a your puppet’s story. Must be Evelon related and at least 3 minutes in length. You can accept outside help! Video should be uploaded preferably to watch online rather than download (i.e. Youtube). (1000 KS)

55.        Impress me. Record a video of you reciting all of the current Snickles (Lord Baal’s children, found here), in order. You must cover your eyes or be blindfolded the entire time. No reading from the list, NO CHEATING. Get ‘em memorized? There are 62 Snickles in all. Good luck! (1500 KS) ***

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite
Newcomers to play with us
For many years we've been all alone

.: ~Pen~ :.
.: ~Sales~ :.
.: ~Breeder~ :.
.: ~Imp. Doc~ :.
HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items