Whenever we have a contest, it will be here! =D Good luck! Users may also hold their own 'Evelon-related' contests here as well in the sub forum, but remember that you can only give away things that you rightfully own!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Contest Central

.:Summer of Freedom:.

Postby Kyrit » 05/18/2014 2:25 AM

With summer approaching us (and already being around for a few), many people have a lot more free time. One might say they have the independence to do whatever they want during the summer. What better time than summer to have a contest?

Well, I lied. This isn't actually a contest so much as it is a raffle. What is being raffled off though?

Some of you may remember the joke during April Fools where everyone was breeding Independence Kuhnas, but they were turning out like this instead. Well, this fellow (or gal) is now a custom that I used the raffle slot I won back in December to create. I'm not going to let you just pop in, tell me you want to enter, and pop out though. You're going to have to give me a bit more than that. No, not money or pets. This was a custom slot that was for people to use to gift a friend after all. What then do I want from you?

In order to enter the raffle for this custom Kuhna, please tell me about your summer plans! Do you plan on taking your extra summer free time to roleplay more? Perhaps you have a convention you're going to, or maybe you're even lucky enough to be traveling overseas for the summer. Tell me all about it! This raffle will be running through the end of the month and I'll draw the winner on June 1st. The amount you write does not influence your chances to win.
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1585
Donate

Re: .:Summer of Freedom:.

Postby GrayGriffin » 05/18/2014 6:57 AM

This summer, I have returned to Taiwan to spend time with my family. However, I also plan to take the time to hopefully roleplay a bunch more. I'm in a bunch of PBP tabletop games as well, some of which actually are better suited to my current time zone, so yay for that!

I also hope to work on my drawing skills.
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 05/18/2014 9:28 AM

Well, considering I have my new daughter now, I will be taking care of her for the majority of my time. I can't wait to dress her up in a swimming suit and take her into the water with me! My boyfriends family has a house by one of the lakes in Michigan that we go to, and once it warms up we plan to take her up there for a weekend.
Then on a more serious note I will be searching for employment. Due to me being pregnant, I couldn't get a job the last past 9 months, so now that I'm not I will be looking to join the work force again. My sights are for Campbell soups, it's a wonderful factory and pays great.
So hopefully this summer will be just as great as last summer. Though I am sad I can't go to Pennsic this year. It's a huge Renaissance fair in Pennsylvania and is amazing! But with the baby I can't go, plus it is a bit pricey. So I'll have to sit this year out and wait for next year.

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite
Newcomers to play with us
For many years we've been all alone

.: ~Pen~ :.
.: ~Sales~ :.
.: ~Breeder~ :.
.: ~Imp. Doc~ :.
HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 263
Donate

Postby Remedy » 05/18/2014 10:38 AM

I've got a mess of stuff to do this summer.

First and foremost, summer school.  I dropped out of my English class this year, so I'll have to make up for a semester of that as well as a semester of Algebra II, which I failed.  I'll be taking summer school classes at a different school than the one I go to, so it should be an interesting new experience.

During my free time, I'll be making pillows.  Sounds weird, doesn't it?  I'm actually really pumped about it; I learned how to during art class this year.  First you make three stamps out of foam, then stamp white cotton fabric with the design, dye the fabric, iron it, sew it together, and stuff it.  I plan on making them for the kids I babysit for, so they'll all have unique little pillows.  I've already made two; one for my Biotech teacher's daughter, and one for my boyfriend.  I think it will be a great way for me to use up my free time productively.

I'll probably also be visiting a lot of family, as most of my relatives live in Oklahoma and I don't get to see them often.  At home, I'll spend a lot of time with my brothers before they go off to their respective colleges and boarding schools.  

And that's pretty much it.  All in all, it's a summer I'm really looking forward to. :3

I think back to the time when my search first began,
I left behind those shores of sand
For the endless everlasting world out there.

I know that with this burning passion driving me
Someday, somewhere I'll finally see
The light I have searched for everywhere!

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

HomeLogWishTradeImp. Docs
Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1982
Donate

Postby TrizzyTreke » 05/18/2014 4:44 PM

Having made it through my second year of high school, I plan to enjoy every minute of this summer. My sister and I recently booked summer jobs at a local theater company. We'll be rehearsing the show for most of June, then we'll spend July touring the show all over the city. It sounds like a lot of work, but I love theater. I also plan to spend a lot of time in the sun, so I'll be visiting the beach and water parks whenever I can. In addition to that, I'm going with 3 other guys from my church to a preaching camp, and we'll end the summer with a week-long retreat. This summer will be a blast!

What's a name?
Just window dressin'
Everybody knows it's clothes that make a man
Play the game
Just keep 'em guessin'
Mix and match me
Try to catch me if you can

TrizzyTreke
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Thunder » 05/18/2014 7:51 PM

I'm definitely planning to RP a lot this summer :U I hope to finish up the majority of my War plot and get stuff done with my Court plot. Aaand I might also revamp my circus plot. Aside from that, I'm going to Alaska in June (so excite >3<), possibly going to stay at a college friend's house for a few days, and then going to another friend's lake house in July. After that, I'm taking an art class on painting. Oh, and I'm finishing up a few video games (Tales of the Abyss, Devil Survivor Overclocked) and definitely getting Smash Bros. 4 when it comes out : | Hopefully I'll get Bravely Default too so I can gush with my waifu.

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Postby crow » 05/18/2014 8:02 PM

I haaaaaave summer classes! YAY :U Though thankfully there's only two of them, so I am getting a break, sorta. Introductory accounting doesn't seem too bad, but I'm worried about the essay responses we're going to have to write in World Lit. I'm not sure if anyone who knows me IRL, teachers or friends, have ever taken me seriously when I say I hate essays, but I do. I really do. @_@

When I'm not doing school stuff, I'll probably be goofing off and catching up on my k-drama watch list. I'll also be trying to finish all my replays of Dragon Age (Origins and 2) in preparation for Inquisition coming out. And I'll be RPing and plotting here and there, which is a given, though I don't really know how much or which plots. P:

OH YES and I'll be going to the tidal beach that I go to every summer. It just has to happen. I love that beach, and I love the gelato they sell there (even if it is expensive as hell) and hopefully we'll get to see some cool stuff going down with the eagles that like to nest around those parts.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 3874
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 06/03/2014 3:29 PM

Via random number generator, the winner of this little raffle is crow! I'll be sending your new Kuhna your way now. I hope you enjoy him/her.
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1585
Donate