Whenever we have a contest, it will be here! =D Good luck! Users may also hold their own 'Evelon-related' contests here as well in the sub forum, but remember that you can only give away things that you rightfully own!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Contest Central

Re: .:Contest #13:.

Postby Krystalolive » 02/28/2009 2:07 AM

Gasp, Krystal's entering a contest?  :D Yep, I've just spent the last hour or two writing a loverly campfire story. The 'people' are me, Draco, and Sasuke in anthro form. Kuhna is Tobi, Lucain is Garnet.
--------------------

It was a silent Friday night. Five figures were all sitting around a peaceful campfire. Three of the figures were human looking, while the other two were a kuhna and lucain. One of the humans was just finshing a horror story.
"And with the kiss of the knife, her eyes shut forever."Sasuke smiled as he leaned back, looking at the others' shocked and terrified faces. Krystal was the first to shake it off. "Wow Sasuke, that was horrible..." She paused, then lit up. "My turn!" Everyone turned to her as she started her story. She was a few minutes in before she had to stop.
"And try as they might, the click tower just won't move at that rate..." She paused and looked at Tobi, who was looking at the sky. "Tobi, are you ok?" He looked down at her, then smiled. "Well, I don't think I understand it but, are those whales in the sky?"
Everyone paused, then looked up at the sky. After a few seconds Krystal looked at Tobi and laughed and petted him on the head. "Tobi, I love ya, but not so much that I believe you saw a flying whale." Tobi looked at her and smiled. "I never said it was flying, just in the air." The two looked at each other, then busted out laughing, when Draco broke the laughter.
"Don't even try, your colors will fall right off."
Everyone turned at looked at him, then followed his gaze to Garnet, who was trying to steal a marshmallow from the fire. Garnet paused and stared at him, her paw two inches away from the fire. "You fur will burn off, so you might want to pull your fur back." Garnet nodded, then sat back down. Draco smiled, then looked to the sky. "By the why, there's a freeze warming- I mean, a freeze warning in effect. Bundle up." Everyone nodded, then smiled and started to tell stories again. Just the end of a normal Friday night.
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 549
Donate

Postby Draco » 02/28/2009 4:44 AM

Creature-X broke out of the green testube holding him. The massive hydrolisk attacked the scientists around him in a flurry of rage, the various devices detatching from him. His claws rakes across the chest of a scientist and his powerful tail slammed into another. The alarms started to sound as the Venom hydrolisk's eyes glowed red.

He bolted for the nearest door as guards swarmed in, passing various other testubes that held mutated figures and blobs inside. He entered a smaller room, his eyes scanning it as he took out the two armed guards and stole a knife. This was the room of the person behind it all, the megalomaniac. She was going to pay for what she had done to him. The women spun around in her chair, eyes widened as she fired off random shots at the approaching beast.

The shots hit, leaving massive bullet holes in his shoulder and arms. He didn't slow down at all, speeding at the women. "Get away from me, you vile beast!" She shouted as he reached her. And With the kiss of a knife, her eyes shut forever...

--------------
5 days later
--------------

NEWS BROADCAST

"A creature has been caught on tape, and seems to be a hydrolisk, though much larger. It has killed hundreds, mostly scientists working in a bizarre Chimera factory of sorts.

On a lighter note, There's a freeze warming- I mean, freeze warning in effect."
Said the news anchorman, chuckling.

Draco turned the T.V. off, laughing a little. The Venom hydrolisk was right behind him, having been staying in his house ever since he had found him at deaths doorstep, with about 18 bullet holes in him.

There was a knock on the door, and shouting of "Police, open up!" Venom, his chosen name, said "Uh, you won't tell them I'm here, right? You'll protect me, right?!"

"I love you... but not that much.", Draco said, then instructing him to run as far away and as fast as he could. He was out of the building just before the police barge in, much to Draco's well acted anger.

----------------------
2 days later
----------------------

Venom ran through the forest, alongside his newfound Glaciel serraptor friend, Veloc. Veloc was smart, but completely insane.

"I don't pretend to understand it but... are those whales in the sky?" Venom asked, looking up in awe at the flying whale-machines.

"Indeed they are my good sir." Veloc said, sounding a lot like a certain famous investigator.

"They were once used to move a clock tower out of the way of a tornado, though Try as they might, the clock tower just wouldn't move at that rate." Veloc continued, going off on another story he had heard.

Venom then continued forward, looking for the fabled fountain of color, that could change his colors so he wouldn't be hunted. Sure, he still had the size, but he could chalk that off to a hulking brute ability.

"So, how far till this fountain thing?" Venom asked, to which Veloc replied "We will get there soon. Anyways, Don't even try. Your colors will fall right off."

"Thats kind of the whole point..." Venom mumbled, then it came in sight.

And so did about a hundred guards with really big guns.

"Crap." Venom mumbled. "Such foul language!" The raptor replied, looking offended. But then his mood completely shifted, and he turned serious.

"What do you want, anyways?" Asked Venom, wondering why they couldn't just leave him alone.

"Your color of course. Which is why we are going to force you into the fountain."

"Oh, Well That is what I came here to do, so..." Venom replied, astonished this was all a waste of time and energy...

THE END
ImageIf you wish to live, I have a few life rules for you:
1. Don't anger a dragon.
2. listen to rule 1.
3. Don't anger me. Trust me, there are less gruesome ways to die.
Draco
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 219
Donate

Postby Juniperstar45 » 02/28/2009 1:04 PM

I claim this spot for me!  :yay:
I watch you...fast asleep,

~*~*~

~*~*~Image~*~*~
~*~*~

All I fear...means nothing...

Avi made by Krypto~Lyrics by Utada Hikaru
Juniperstar45
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 880
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 02/28/2009 3:56 PM

Isn't done yet...I just need to take a break from it. XD

I walked out into the sunlight after working in my lab many long hours. The sun burnt my eyes, and struggling to keep walking, I kept my head down to the ground. The forest was silent today, not any Matches flying above, chirping, nor any Kamee crawling through the leaves, up the trees. Now, when I finally got to come out, it was lonely. I was hoping that I'd have someone, anyone, to be with today. It had been so depressing lately. I kicked up some dirt with my front paw and kept on walking.

It was then that I was aware of a sudden rustling of leaves right behind me. I quickly turned my head in the direction of the sound, my ears perked up. I saw the purple female Lucain standing there, feet away from me. "Hello, Jack. I-I've been looking for you. I came to check what you were doing in your lab, but you weren't there. I figured you'd probably feel lonely...as well," She stopped for a second, the 'as well' part was too much for her to take in right now. "And I came to...to report some stuff to you. As well as to just be with you Jack. You know I can't stand it when I'm alone" She said. A smile spread across my face, and I started to get butterflies in my stomach. She came to see me? What kind of odd world was this all of the sudden? "Well, what is it you've got then for me, Ai?" I asked. "There's a freeze warming- I mean, freeze warning in effect. I think you might wanna come back to the lab soon. It will start at 12:00 AM today." She replied. "I-yes. Okay. Do you wanna go back now, out of the forest then?" I asked. It was getting quite chilly. I checked my watch. Right now it was 6:00. "Okay. Let's go then." She said, signaling to me to follow her.

We were nearly out of the forest when a small chill crept down my spine. It was getting really chilly out. I stopped when we were out of the forest, and looked up at the sky, standing there in shock. "I won't pretend to understand it but... are those whales in the sky?" I asked, still shocked. "Oh, yes. It's some sort of scientific thing I hear. My guess is that they're like robots or something." She said oh-so-casually. "Uh, sure. Whatever you say, Ai. You know I trust you with all my heart, right?" I replied. "I, oh, yeah, thanks." She said with a small smile on her face. If there hadn't been fur there, I'd guess that she was actually blushing a little. This made me smile a bit too. There was something that never changed when I was around Aieena - when she was happy, I was as well.

A beautiful moon shines above again tonight,
And it sheds light happily over the world.
As for me, I'm just worthless, good for nothing,
Dreaming at daybreak, creeping at dawn.

Still I'll scream into the sky, hoping that somebody will find me.
I want to run, but there's no way out--
No bright future in sight.
But I still fly up like a butterfly, hoping that you'll find me.
A crescent moon, ugly children of the stars, flying with broken wings...!

Home | Imp. Docs. | Sales | Listing
Journal | Wishes | Roleplays
Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1035
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 02/28/2009 3:56 PM

...And this spot for my own personal use.

A beautiful moon shines above again tonight,
And it sheds light happily over the world.
As for me, I'm just worthless, good for nothing,
Dreaming at daybreak, creeping at dawn.

Still I'll scream into the sky, hoping that somebody will find me.
I want to run, but there's no way out--
No bright future in sight.
But I still fly up like a butterfly, hoping that you'll find me.
A crescent moon, ugly children of the stars, flying with broken wings...!

Home | Imp. Docs. | Sales | Listing
Journal | Wishes | Roleplays
Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1035
Donate

Postby potterchic » 02/28/2009 5:15 PM

A young girl opened the door to her home, tripping and spilling her groceries everywhere. A common kuhna behind her set down her bag of groceries and scrambled to pick the ones the girl was carrying quickly.

“Thanks, Kiana,” the girl said as she placed a tomato back in the bag. The common kuhna shrugged.

“It’s just picking up some stuff, no big deal, really.”

Arianna shook her head. Sometimes she’s just way too modest. “Let’s go see where the others are.” She was, of course, referring to the other kuhnas. All of the pets except for them were on vacation or at a friend’s house for the summer. They set the groceries on the kitchen table, then went upstairs. They opened one door to see Splatin, the arkuhna, attempting to teach he and Corianiaa’s, the cake kuhna, foster daughter how to play a video game he designed. The graphics were very complicated, for a children’s game. There were a lot of random things in it. Currently, foster father and daughter each had a controller made for paws. They were touch-pads, with buttons for every action button indicated in the manual. The game was mostly creativity themed, but there were minor quests involving other skills.

“Now, Kaila, push forward on the red paw to leap,” Splatin explained. His daughter’s avatar jumped from one trampoline to the next. Corianiaa then walked in, covered in flour.

“I don't pretend to understand it but... are those whales in the sky?” she asked. Her life mate nodded. Corianiaa rolled her eyes.

“Well, I just finished my cake,” she said. “Who wants to help me decorate it?” she directed the question at Kaila.

“I do, I do, I do!” Splatin and Kaila yelled at the same time. Arianna laughed, Splatin was so immature at times. And to think he was a father… Sort of. They all began walking down the stairs.

“By the way, Alice came over a little while after you left. She and Hindun were taking the kits out for the afternoon.” Corianiaa said, answering Arianna’s question before she asked it.

“That’s nice to know. When will they be back?” she replied.

“Hindun will drop of Alice and her two kits shortly before dinner, and he, Jake, and Rose Alice will be back just in time for dinner, or at least, that’s the plan.” Corianiaa said to her. Arianna nodded. They pushed open the kitchen door for Kaila to get in, then the rest of them were able to go quickly enough; or were strong enough to hold it open; for them to enter. Almost as soon as that, Arianna heard the door open. She used her powers of scrying that she had learned over the years, and saw Hindun and his children walk in. The two younger kuhnas seemed to be in were Cain form at the moment. She didn’t understand why the two shape shifters chose that shape soon after birth, but that was the way it went. She channeled some magic towards the large converted “closet”, where the kuhnas; well, two of them were werecain; were putting up the things they had brought out.

”Well, you’re back early,” she thought to them.

“Yeah,” Jake said aloud. “Mom got a call from Carlie saying that she needed them at home.”

“That stunk big time, I like spending time with Kate and Rayanne.” Rose Alice added.

”Corianiaa made a cake. Come down to the kitchen if you’d like to help decorate it.” Jake immediately bolted out the door, Rose following at a breakneck pace. In canine form they were extremely fast, along with having exceptional strength. They burst into the kitchen, changing back to their kit selves as they did. Hindun followed more slowly. Corianiaa immediately handed them each a small vat of frosting, pointing towards the huge layer cake on the table. Jake walked over, ducked under the table, and swiped his paw through the frosting, then licking his paw clean. His sister and Kaila followed suit. Splatin, becoming immature when around his daughter, copied. Rose shoved a pawful of sprinkles into Hindun’s maw, then all of them began throwing the toppings and eating them more then putting the atop the cake.

THE NEXT DAY…
Splatin had woken them all to get them to play his video game. He was obsessed, it was as simple as that. They all created avatars, and began to fumble with the controls. But then, there was an electric surge. Everything was black, and Arianna was sure the power had gone out. She tried to use magic to reach the emergency generator, but to no success. Then she realized, there were blinking lights behind her, spelling: LOADING… They were trapped inside Splatin’s video game.

“Daddy…?!” Either Rose or Kaila wailed through the darkness. Arianna assumed it was Kaila, seeing as the werecain form of Rose gave her a strange sense of security, even when she was in the shape of a spectrakuhna. She felt something freezing cold brush against her, and, as the “screen” they were on brightened, identified the tensed glacial werecain pacing by her. When the “screen” changed to a landscape of Terrace Park, he relaxed and changed back into a borealis kuhna. They wandered along, wondering what they were supposed to do.

“Wow. I get to actually be in my game! I wonder how many lives I have…” Splatin thought aloud. Corianiaa was holding on to a trembling Kaila. Splatin knelt beside his daughter. “Now, Sweetie, I thought you liked the game.”

“I-I did. But I only liked playing it, I don’t want to be INSIDE it!” she cried. Her held her up, and an unconscious tendril of magic from Arianna drifted over, pulling the kit into her arms.

“Splatin, what are we supposed to do first?” Arianna inquired.

“We-we need to raid the Cathedral, taking control of it, making it the place of our choice, and becoming heroes of Evelon.” he stuttered, awestruck.

“How do we get there?” Corianiaa asked him.

“Through there. That’s a transporter, next to that neon Mr. Wilson.” he replied, leading them over, through a gap in the pixel based space and time, into the Grand Cathedral.” he tripped over a bit of fallen stone. “Now, this is very simple, we team up with Lord Baal and your dream lucain to defeat the current evil that subsides here.” Kiana wandered off towards it.

“Wait, CURRENT evil?! And you used my dream lucain?!” Arianna screamed. Splatin ducked as something swung a marble column at him.

“No time to talk. Come on, Kaila, sit over there, where it’s safe. Watch Daddy fight.” he pointed towards the only tree in sight. Then he mentally recalled the only way that he made to defeat the monster approaching. Lord Baal appeared, and, mentally; this was his video game, he could do what he wanted; to feint several times, then, called forth the dream lucain of Arianna, telling the first male, who wore a collar with a strange sign on it, turned into another pet; because of the way Arianna designed him, the watch like symbol attached to his collar allowed him to turn into other pets; and flew circles around the beast. The other male somehow absorbed some of the marble from a fallen column, and leapt towards it, also. A female with the feyline marking; a master of magic that used energy; sent discs flying at the things head, and the final lucain, a female with both celstial and star speckled markings, jumped at it with a final blow. The monster lay slain in the ruins, and its remains dissolved within seconds.

“N-now what?” Corianiaa asked, shaken thoroughly with fear.

“Well, we should appear at our “home” right about… Now.” he said as the scene melted away into the setting of a living room. They were suddenly all on a sectional, and the news was on. There was a picture of the eight of them all fighting the monster alongside of the five lucain, even though they did no such thing.

“Today’s heroes keep getting better and better at this. And now, let’s here Bob, with the weather report.” the anchor man said.

“Thanks, Larry. Tomorrow, there’ll be a slight breeze, and there's a freeze warming- I mean, freeze warning in effect.” said Bob. Arianna reached for the remote, switching the TV off.

“Now comes a funny little scene where our youngest player; which would be you, Kaila; chooses what we do next from a list that only she can see. If you would now choose the one that pleases you…” he said. Then, they were behind a clock tower. “Ah, so you chose the case where we move the clock tower. That’s just proof that you could’ve been my biological daughter.” he said. She blushed. They shrugged, and shoved with all their might on the giant clock. But, try as they might, the clock tower just wouldn't move at this rate. Splatin sighed, knowing that an exciting part wouldn’t come soon enough. But, he was wrong. Someone else had tampered with his game. A group of assassins jumped from the top of the clock. Rose Alice and Jake changed, but then, the apparent leader spoke as Rose was about to lunge.

Don’t even try. Your colors will fall right off.” she said. She sent one of her men out for Corianiaa, their randomly chosen captive. Splatin growled, and tried to rescue his beloved life mate, being grabbed during the process. They pressed a knife to his furry neck.

“Run. Save them.” he mouthed to Hindun and Arianna, about the kits. Arianna reached with her magic half a second late. Kaila had leapt at the leader of the assassin group. The woman pulled out a dagger, and threw it. With the kiss of a knife, her eyes shut forever…

Then Kaila woke up, gasping and thrashing. Her adoptive parents burst into the room. “The assassins! And the clock! And the monster! And Arianna! And you, captured! I DIED!” she gasped.

“It’s okay. It’s okay.” Corianiaa held Kaila close, as she explained her elaborate and lifelike dream.

“Can, can you two make a video game like THAT? It was strangely interesting.” she said.

Splatin frowned. He didn’t like the possible ending at all. “I love you... but not that much.

“Good night.” the two older kuhnas said together.

“Us, life mates. Who other then that over imaginative child would think of that idea.” Splatin laughed. Slowly, Kaila fell asleep as they left, hoping that that part of her dream DID come true.

BUT what if this wasn't just Kaila's dream? What if THIS happened? Keep reading for an alternate ending.

Kaila's remains faded out of existence, and then, only then, did she realize, I'm not dead! She wsa out of the game, sitting in front of the remote. The other remotes were layin on the ground, but the characters where still moving. Her avatar had been destroyed. She saved the game, she didn't know why, and went back to Create Character. She remade herself as a fully grown lucain with a lot of extra traits and super stats. She knew she'd need them. Then, she reentered the game. Her character was on top of the clock tower. She umped on top of the assassin leader, then to the one holding her mother. She realized she was good at the game, but soon forgot it was a game at all. She ripped all of the assassins apart, and slowly, the parts evaporated into the pixelized air. She stopped, her paws sweating. She had defeated the game, and a message had appeared on screen. YOU WIN! And, in smaller writing, which she barely made out, "for now..." She shivered, but then became excited. The other characters, her family, were in a circle with the lucain. Then, all of them came into view next to the remotes, slowly leaving the pixel world, including the lucain. She pushed Kaila out of her spot on accident as she came.

"Amazing." Arianna said, not noticing that this was really her home. Corianiaa screamed, and ran towards her daughter, pulling Splatin behind her. They embraced their supposedly lost daughter, and the lucain gave them a look. Arianna walked over. "Well, what a day. Lost in a video game, saved by someone who died, and gaining a new family member."

"R-really?" the lucain asked. Arianna nodded, and the 'cain jumped around.

"Come on, we've still got that cake to eat." Arianna said, and they happily left, glad to leave the game.

OR maybe you'd prefer the truth. None of this has happened. The kits are still very young and can only make noises. But, we can all attempt to be seers, can't we?
Oh, what a guy, that Gaston!

Avatar from here. Signature picture from here.
potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 150
Donate

Postby potterchic » 02/28/2009 5:15 PM

potterchic wrote:*brings out doggies* These guys say this is my territory.

again
Oh, what a guy, that Gaston!

Avatar from here. Signature picture from here.
potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 150
Donate

Entry #1: Toxin/Fall Story

Postby Jaykobell » 02/28/2009 5:59 PM

First Entry.

To be quite honest, she had never expected something like that to happen. It was bad enough to see all those new and utterly confused pets back at the Zoo Pen... but why, o Holy Triumvirate, did she have to guide him? This was going to be the worst day of her entire lifetime. Not to mention she had to do the whole, "Friendly Guide" thing during daytime. If it were raining, at least...

And she had to mention that he was late, too. She had bothered to wake up early just so that everything would get done quickly; but of course, that id... she meant, that living being with a slightly challenged capability of accessing information (everyone had to be so "Evelonly Correct" nowadays), was most likely still sound asleep. She grumbled and sat by the wooden fence of the Zoo Pen.

After a while, the one pet she had been waiting for finally showed up. He ran towards her clumsily, obviously not used to this new quadruped form. He did manage to get to her, though, after falling once or twice... or maybe four or five times. He had determination, she had to give him that much (for that was probably the only thing that dude had). "I'm sooo sorry, Toxin~!" he exclaimed as he reached the female, a Venom Ferrikoon who went by the name of Toxin.

She was the oldest pet of the Zoo Pen, and many pets respected her for her knowledge about Evelon and about their residence. Despite her title and rank of "oldest pet," Toxin wasn't as old as it may sound. She was actually fairly young, for she had reached adulthood just recently. She was, perhaps, only eighteen or nineteen in human age. Not only that, she was also recognized and loved for her unique style. Unlike some of the other pets, who had the (maybe not so) mysterious ability to shape-shift into humans, Toxin had adapted her likings to her current form, instead of expressing it through the shape of a human. She wore this black leather collar with shiny white spikes, and she had this strange, mysterious tattoo on her left thigh, which she said was from the land that she had originated from.

Toxin approached the male and craned her neck, making her nose almost touch the other's. "I gave you that 'lil note, didn't I?" she reminded him, narrowing her eyes slightly. She hadn't slept much, so her patience was at its worst peak. "So why, pray tell, are you late? ... Are you even listening, Fall?!"

Fall, the other pet, was a new Lucain at the Zoo Pen. He had apparently stumbled upon the Lands of Evelon by mistake, and now he was unable to get around, much less understand the world of Evelon. He would always ask weird things or just say weird things, and a lot of pets from the Pen thought he was slightly... different, for lack of a better word. He had migrated fairly well, however; his orange pelt bear the StarSpeckled and Mudbelly markings, dark orange and red respectively. He also had the tiny Tearstain marking, which was slightly darker than his Mudbelly. His wingblades had a very strange color, for green doesn't really match orange or red (although red and green did remind Toxin of Christmas). He also had a few weird design quirks, such as his robotic forepaws, that green bandana, and those three little spikes of hair. But overall, intelligence-wise, he was just du... she meant, a being facing difficulties processing basic principles of common logic. And it was because of that that Toxin was trapped with him.

The Lucain was staring at the sky. He had that mouth of his wide open. He pointed a grey-and-black metallic paw towards the sky and said, "I don't pretend to understand it, but... are those whales in the sky, Toxin?!" with a tone that depicted utter disbelief.

Toxin looked up to see... well, nothing, obviously. "Just what are you talking about? I think Evelon doesn't even have whale pets." Oh, the things she would have to go through. And the owner of the Zoo Pen wasn't even going to pay her, either. She would have to complain to the owner about this. Those little keystones were shiny and very pretty. But mostly shiny.

"Okay, Fall. Let's just get going." She grabbed the Lucain by the neck and dragged him along until he caught up and walked on his own. The whale thing had really given Toxin this, "I'm getting a very bad feeling about this," sort of feeling. Just... what kind of stupidities would this guy throw at her next? She quite honestly didn't want to find out.

Since the Zoo Pen wasn't located in any specific region of Evelon, Toxin figured that the first place she should show Fall was the Marketplace. A lot of events would happen there throughout the year; it was important for every Evelonian to know where it was and what could happen there; and most importantly, what you could buy there.

The Toy Shop attracted him a lot. He thought the toys were so, "cute" and totally, "adorable." He stayed there for a while, just staring at them and imagining who-knows-what.

The Metamorphose Clinic frightened him out. Just seeing the sign on the door was enough to scare him. "I'm not going in there!" he'd told Toxin while quite literally hiding behind her back. The Ferrikoon had simply sighted and moved along.

The Seasonal Shop was closed by this time of the year, but she bothered to show the store to Fall anyway. He seemed interested enough in it, but he didn't ask anything about it. Which was what Toxin wanted: for him to stay quiet.

The last shop Toxin showed Fall was the Potion Shop. There was one item in particular that attracted Fall's attention: the Beaker of the Ballama potion. While there were none in stock when they visited the store, there was this little image that displayed the item, onto which one could read the little description of the potion. "I totally want one!" Fall exclaimed with a big grin, wondering when they'd have any in stock.

"I doubt it. Don't even try: your colors will fall right off," Toxin told Fall, using this spooky Halloween tone just to try and scare him. He seemed so easy to scare.

And he was. "I-is that what they mean by... c-curse?" Well, he wasn't so interested in that Beaker of the Ballama potion anymore. "I... I think we should move on," he proposed, skipping towards the exit door like a frightened child running from a rabid Kirund. Toxin had to admit she was proud of that joke.

As they walked along the road, Fall eventually noticed something. At first, Toxin wasn't even interested in listening to what he was going to point this time around, but it happened that Fall had actually seen something that was worth mentioning. He pointed towards the big clock tower from one of the big cities (Toxin ignored which one the tower was located in at the moment). "How did they build such a big and pretty clock, Toxin?" Fall asked, just like a curious child who wanted to know where babies come from. Although his question wasn't as delicate as, "Where do babies come from?".

Toxin thought for a moment. This was yet another opportunity to mislead Fall. Grinning to herself, she got closer to the Lucain and looked up to look at the tower. "That tower dates back to the very first ages of the world itself, even long before Evelon was created or discovered," she started with. "The people loved the clock tower very much. The architecture was so different, so new, so refreshing, compared to the techniques they knew at the time. However, there was one problem that the population did not know how to fix: the tower was located at a very strategical point, where a city would fit perfectly. But how could they build a city without damaging the wonderful clock tower? 'We should try to move it!' one of the builders proposed.

"And so, with the help of the whole population, the inhabitants of Evelon all tried to push the clock tower, hoping that, by pushing it like that it would move, so they could be able to relocate it to a proper spot. But, try as they might, the clock tower just wouldn't move at this rate. This failure caused the population much sorrow and suffering.

"After the failure of pushing the clock tower, another citizen proposed, 'We should simply relocate it with magical powers.' However, no one believed him, because magical powers didn't exist in those times, which is why many people tend to refer to these years as, 'The Dark Ages,' because everything had to be done by hands without the use of magical powers mysteriously obtained through one's will power.

"So in the end, they just decided to build the city around the clock tower and to keep it as a historical monument to love and cherish."

There a small period of silence. Then Fall looked at Toxin and asked, "Did that really happen?" Oh, it's not that he didn't believe it... but there was something about the story.  Something he couldn't quite pinpoint.

Actually, none of those things had actually happened. From what she knew, the population had just built around the clock tower, like she said at the end of her made-up story. But it was so much fun to get Fall to believe all of these lies. "Of course it happened," she told him, crossing her arms with indignation. "Do you honestly believe that I'd lie to you? I'm trying to guide you here," she reminded him.

Fall felt guilty right at that moment. "Oh, I'm sorry, Toxin! I guess I'm just not used to such stories." He wagged his tails and skipped a few inches away. "Well, let's keep moving! I can't wait to hear the other stories about the rest of this world!" he exclaimed as he ran off in a general direction.

The next building was, more than likely, the most interesting building of Evelon; at least for the pet breeders of the Lands. For, indeed, the next building was the Breeding Center, this one place in which Kuhnas, Lucain and Paragons alike were to meet and create more Kuhnas, Lucain and Paragons, either from the actual desire to raise a family, or for the keystones that could be acquired from selling the resulting offspring. But no one did the latter really.

"This building is called the Breeding Center. In it, you have the Breeding Area, from which you can obtain your breeding licenses and breed certain--"

"Whoa, wait just a minute." Fall was staring at Toxin with this weird stare of disbelief. He was so taken aback (by who-knows-what) that he had cut the Ferrikoon's explanation short. "See, Toxin, you're a great friend and all..." Hah! He considered her a friend! He really was dense. "But, you know... I love you... but not that much. I mean, we really wouldn't work as a couple. Oh, it's not about you, really it's not, but you know..."

He kept on rambling on and on, talking about how things just wouldn't work. But Toxin didn't really listen to him, for what he was saying didn't even make sense in any way to begin with. "Just... Oh, for the love of the Holy Triumvirate, let's just move on," she snapped as she grabbed his neck again, dragging away to go to the next destination. Fall, confused about Toxin's strange reaction, blinked and simply followed his appointed guide.

Considering Fall could come up with the stupidest things in the world, Toxin pretty much winged the rest of the whole continent, just explaining to Fall the very basics of everything rather than showing him the actual place. She did not want to test his density more. Oh, the things he could say... And she made the mistake of passing by the Basantha frontier, which caused Fall to say yet another comment.

Since the shrine of Basantha is located in peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains, the temperature drops from moderate to extremely cold. A lot of visitors went to visit the shrine back in the days, only to realize that the temperature of the Fe'gan Mountains is... quite spectacular. A lot of hikers had failed to come back alive. Or so the rumors said.

And thus, to prevent the careless travelers from killing themselves by going to icy mountains without the proper equipment, the people of Evelon had put various warning signs to warn the travelers that, yes, if you go there, you'll most likely become a tiny iceberg.

In Fall's case, that's what would probably happen. He'd probably turn into a tiny iceberg. " 'There's a freeze warming... freeze warning in effect.' " Not only was he dense beyond human capability, but he couldn't read, either. "So... does it mean the snow gradually melts and then freeze again?" he asked Toxin, his head tilted to one side to indicate that he had a (very) hard time understanding the meaning of this poster.

"Yes, that's exactly what it means, Fall," Toxin replied impatiently, grabbing his bandana and dragging him away to keep him from saying another stupid comment. Just how dense could a person be? Thankfully, the tour was almost over. And once it'd be over, Toxin would get to go back home and do nothing. Yes, do nothing. Now how fantastic did that sound.

"Ooh, ooh! Toxin, wait!" Oh, what was he going to say this time around? Toxin turned to see what the male had seen, and realized that he was talking about the movie theater, which was right between the Basantha and Dead Coast frontier.

Fall proceeded to read one of the movies' titles. " 'With the kiss of a knife, her eyes shut forever...' " A short pause, and then he blinked and turned to face Toxin. "Don't you think that's an unusually long name for a movie title?"

Had he actually said something intelligent? "I don't really care," she admitted, shrugging. She didn't even like watching movies, since most movies were boring nowadays, so predictable. It was hard to do original things nowadays, it really was.

"Ooh, Toxin! Can we go watch that movie? Pleeeease?" Fall begged with wagging tails, his tongue lolling. No one would know, at first sight, that this was the most dense male alive in Evelon. "It sounds like such a good movie~!"

The Ferrikoon was about to disagree and drag Fall away again, but stopped. When she thought about it, Toxin figured that, if she paid for their tickets, that they'd get to be trapped in a dark room with comfy chairs. And comfy chairs plus a very dark room equals a good night's sleep. Since the movie was most likely boring like nothing else, Toxin wouldn't be missing out on anything. So it was actually a win-win situation. Apart from the sickening fact that she'd have to give up some of her keystones. Oh, her babies... "Okay, fine... But you better stay quiet and actually watch the movie," she warned him, pointing him with a paw. Well, at least she'd get to sleep. But she really would need to poke the Zoo Pen owner about this whole salary thing...

But one thing at a time.

Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Entry #2: Of Bottles and Convos

Postby Jaykobell » 02/28/2009 6:00 PM

Second Entry

"I don't pretend to understand it, but... are those whales in the sky?"

"In the painting? Yeah, they're whales. That's pretty abstract, wouldn't you say?"

Everything was in order in the Potion Shop. The bottles were all aligned perfectly on their respective shelves, and the stupid clients were all gathered in the shop to talk about things that didn't even make sense.

"Okay then, it's time for the roll-call," one of the bottles called, twisting its long neck to look at the other bottles; because, yes, bottles that give Evelonian pets magical things are simply that flexible despite the materials they're made of. This particular bottle, in this case, was the Beaker of the Ballama bottle. "First on the list, Lovey?"

"Present, present," the Lovey Love Potion answered, rocking back and forth a few times to confirm its presence. "Always present to gender confuse random Evelonian pets," it added with a loud bubbling noise. Because a bottle that chuckles or snickers makes this bubbling noise.

"Yes, I know. Eternal Lovey?" the Beaker continued, its silver ears tweaking as it waited for an answer. "Eternal Lovey?" the Beaker of the Ballama repeated after a while.

Eventually the third bottle replied. "Oh, Beaker of the Ballama Spirit," Eternal Lovey replied, "why must I always remind you? My brand is not, 'Eternal Lovey'; it is, 'Eternal Love Elixir'."

If a bottle could roll its eyes, Beaker sure would have done just that. "Eternal Lovey, this is a nickname so we can all identify each other without too much difficulty. It's also shorter than, 'Eternal Love Elixir', just like how Beaker is a short name for, 'Beaker of the Ballama Spirit'." Yes, everything was in order. Eternal Lovey was, once again, complaining about her nickname; because yes, magical bottles can have genders.

"Like I've previously mentioned..." Eternal Lovey said, "would it not be time for us to choose a new leader? I am quite certain that I would be the best for this role." After all, was she not the most beautiful and the most expensive bottle? She deserved the title of, "Leader of the Potion Bottles," did she not?

"Oh please, Eternal Lovey," Lovey snapped, rolling her eyes, which equalled, in bottle signs, for the liquid to wiggle from one side to the other. "You, our leader? Don't even try. Your colors will fall right off." How annoying could this snobbish bottle be?

"Oh, Lovey Love Potion, you and your lack of manners," Eternal Lovey complained, rocking back and forth to express anger. "Who else would be suitable for such a title? You, perhaps?" Oh, how silly of Lovey! She who lasted not as long as Eternal Lovey did, and who was not as colorful as Eternal Lovey, and who was not as expensive as Eternal Lovey, and who was not... You get the point.

"Please, madams," Beaker interrupted, looking from Lovey to Eternal Lovey and back again. "It was agreed that I would be the leader," he reminded both of them, but he made sure to stare at Eternal Lovey to emphasize that he was talking about her more than about Lovey.

"Oh, Beaker of the Ballama Spirit!" the gradient bottle exclaimed. "That is a very sexist thing to say--"

"Shh!" Lovey interrupted. "Humans are walking by!"

Quickly all three bottles put their corks back in place and remained still as the humans walked by the shelves of the potions. "But try as they might, the clock tower just wouldn't move at this rate," one of them said. And as usual, what the human said made no sense whatsoever.

"Couldn't they just reprogram it so the player could move it more easily?" Another human added, a reply that made even less sense than the previous sentence. "After all..." The rest of the conversation was lost when the two humans had gotten a few feet away from the shelves. As soon as the humans had left the general area of the shelves, the corks popped out of their holes, Lovey's cork first. "Why are humans always talking about stuff that makes no sense?"

"Oh, Lovey Love Potion." It was now the gradient bottle that was talking; or bubbling. "You simply don't understand the world, you poor dear."

The Lovey Love potion rocked back and forth violently, clearly upset at Eternal Lovey's comment. Just how egocentric could one bottle be? Even though it was technically impossible for a bottle to be egocentric. "Well, if you're so much more bubblier than I am, why don't you explain to me what they were talking about?" Being bubblier than another bottle, in bottle tongue, meant to be more intelligent than that bottle. Because yes, even bottles can have their own language.

Eternal Lovey's discomfort could be observed with the naked eye. She obviously had no idea what the humans had meant. "Oh, but, my dear Lovey Love Potion..." she started with, pronouncing each word slowly and carefully so that she'd have enough time to think of a proper answer -- and before you ask yes, bottles can think, too. Yes, despite what the laws of nature tell you. "But, dear, I doubt someone with your bubbliness could withstand the information. I love you... but not that much. My time is too precious to waste it on..." And from there both Lovey and Beaker stopped paying attention, for the Eternal Love Elixir had once again drifted away into the world of self-babbling.

Meanwhile, Lovey and Beaker started their own conversation. "So, Beaker. Have you heard anything about today's weather?" She figured it wasn't needed to ask, but eh. She asked anyhow. Anything to distract herself from Eternal Lovey's constant and annoying bubbling.

"Same as always, Lovey," Beaker replied, "and I quote, 'There's a freeze warming- I mean, freeze warning in effect.' "

"Ah, that good ol' freezer. He's never gonna change, is he?"

Silence. You had to admit it was hard to keep up with a conversation between bottles. And the bottles themselves found it very difficult to talk about something that was ever so slightly relevant. After all, what was there to talk about when all you can do is sit on a shelf all day long? Yeah, that's how boring the life of a bottle is.

"Ooh, Beaker of the Ballama Spirit, Lovey Love Potion!" Eternal Lovey suddenly called, rocking about violently. "Another human is coming! Quickly!" Once again all three bottles regaining their initial position and stuck their corks back into place.

" 'With the kiss of a knife, her eyes shut forever...' That's what the last line of the book was. Let me tell you it felt really scary when I read that," the human said to another human as he walked by the shelves.

"I hear you. I'd be scared by a line like that too," replied the other human, and once again, the rest of the conversation was lost the moment the bottles lost sight of the humans.

But shortly after, one of the shop's employees grabbed the remaining bottles and shoved them into a box. The three bottles figured it was probably time to close the shop for the night. They'd be put in the freezer for the night, and then they would be taken out again tomorrow morning...

And again, everything would be in order for a new day.

Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby Draco » 02/28/2009 6:47 PM

*Compares entries* Gah, mine is really short!
ImageIf you wish to live, I have a few life rules for you:
1. Don't anger a dragon.
2. listen to rule 1.
3. Don't anger me. Trust me, there are less gruesome ways to die.
Draco
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 219
Donate

Postby Treece » 02/28/2009 8:17 PM

Trina-Saffron Yonyuu
Helena-Candy Fenling.

Sweet Pets Aren't Made For The Darkness...

Trina walked through the bright of the day heading in a direction unknown to her or her Candy Fenling friend, Helena. They decided to leave the pen, unaware of the time in search of adventure. Trina lied and told Helena she knew her away around Lambastia like the back of her wing and being an arrogant Saffron Yonyuu she felt as she did, so maybe...it was not much of a lie. Trina led the way under the sunlight. In front of them were a bunch of pets and their owners playing games such as chase, and frisbee, running through the lush grass. When Trina set paw on the ground her toes immediately fanned out. It was almost like the ground was a pillow.

"Oh! Look Trina, this is so cool! Look at all the pets, the Shielupes catching frisbees, Honeydews...eh, sleeping. We should stay here it will be so much fun!" The Candy Fenling's tails moved with excitement as she contemplated the hours of fun she would have here with the other pets.

"Eh...no Helena, this isn't my idea of adventure, if you want to romp in the grass then we could have stayed at the pen. We have to find something even greater!" Hesitantly Trina picked her paws up and walked through the park with grace. One Shielupe gave a wolf whistle her way and that's all she needed to keep moving. They continued on southwest passing the Preservation Zoo and suddenly stepping into Whisper Forest.

Helena coughed as she entered into the fog. She started to get a bad feeling and began to wish she had stayed at the park, or even the zoo...at least Treece would find her there. She was almost engulfed by the fog on the forest floor. The marbles she forever holds in her tails began to send signals to Helena. "Trina, watch your s--"

Trina was mesmerized by the emptiness of the forest around her. The air was thick and filled with smells she had never scented before. Now this was something Trina called adventure. She was so taken by the world around her she didn't hear Helena, and she found herself sprawled on her back. Her beautiful yellow coat now covered in dirt. She shook her head. "Wha-What happened?"

Helena trotted quickly to catch up to her fallen comrade. "You fell over that dead log. I tried to warn you..."

The Yonyuu blinked twice then looked in between the trees towards the sky. Her mind was buzzing and the earth was spinning. "I don't pretend to understand it but... are those whales in the sky?"

Helena's eyes widened. "Oh dear, you've gone mad. There's nothing to understand, whales don't live in the sky." But considering the position they were in Helena looked up just to check and found nothing but the normal fluffy clouds in the sky, except not as white as they were when they left the park. Helena rolled Trina over and grabbed her by the scruff of her neck pulling her up onto her feet. "I think we should get going Miss Adventure. Maybe back the way we came? Back home. It's getting dark."

Trina shook her head, returning to her senses. "Wait, are you chickening out on me? Look at all the other pets in our pen who go out on adventures and come back with mounds of stories to tell, tons of pets they've seen! I want to experience that, but if you don't want to come then you can turn around and go home Helena. All on your own." Truth was though, Trina didn't want her to leave, she would have been just as scared as the next pet to continue on alone.

Helena sighed. "Fine, let's go, but I'll lead the way this time. We don't need you tripping over anything anymore." Helena started the way again heading more west.

As they exited the forest, the moon was high in the sky, full as a Carpetfang's belly, and shining down upon a building left in ruins. The roads were not suitable for even the toughest of vehicles, and the grass was dead & brown. Litter filled the area, but for the pets this area was much more breathable than the forest before. The night echoed with the whispers of hungry creatures deep in the ground, getting ready to surface, and ones already on the prowl. For the pets, the safest place to hide in such an area was in the ruin of the Cathedral, out of the open.

Helena hurriedly ducked into the opening of the crushed building with Trina right behind her. The space was tight, and out of fear Trina pushed her body into Helena's to get hers out of the open. Helena turned around and looked at Trina with snarled teeth, "I love you...but not that much" Helena crawled in further to get Trina off her back. When she reached an open area she found cracked tile. She couldn't see everything in detail but this room was slightly lit by the moon from a crack in the ceiling. There was glass scattered across the floor, and broken light bulbs probably from a magnificent chandelier that had fallen. "Watch your step Trina."

Trina suddenly wanted to turn back but with the lurking of creatures outside, they would have to wait until the morning. Plus Trina now had stories to tell when she got back home. She followed Helena's advice and carefully stepped over the broken glass. She got a bright idea and climbed on top of a pile of broken concrete. It was almost seven feet high when she reached the top. On the other side was a slanted slab of concrete that went back down to the floor. "Hey Helena, watch, this will be so fun!"

Helena turned around to her Yonyuu friend and saw what she planned to. She shook her head. "Don't even try. Your colors will fall right off. Heh, or rather...scrape off." She chuckled at the thought of Trina missing a patch of fur. She would die if anything more than a little dirt ruined her fur. She continued on in the Cathedral looking for something to find. For a while they would be stuck here so she decided to go souvenir shopping.

Trina grumbled and decided to walk down the slab of concrete instead of slide. She followed behind Helena. "See I told you. There's nothing wrong with a little adventure. We're still in one piece."

"For now anyway" Helena mumbled. She was frustrated she let Trina drag her out here. Who was leading the way now? She turned down a narrow hallway and when she reached the end she found a large grand-father clock in their way. The glass was missing and it wasn't ticking. "What an odd spot for a clock."

"I agree..." She said sighing. Trina turned around and stood quietly staring at what stood before her.

Touching the back wooden area she felt the wood was cool to the touch. "Well we might as well turn around."

"No, I don't think so." Trina stuttered.

"Why not Trina?" Helena was still inspecting the clock when she heard heavy breathing. "Ew, and don't breath like that, that's so unnatural."

"That's not me...Aren't you the psychic here!?"

"What are you talking about??" Helena turned around and froze instantly. There before the two of them was a snarling Mekkayena. "Um, Trina, I think we better move this thing!" Helena whipped around and got to the side of the clock. Just enough space on each side to get next to it. She pushed a paw as far as she could and tried to move the clock. "Trina! A Little help!"

The Mekkayena began laughing uncontrollably. It almost made the two travelers want to laugh themselves but they were too scared to do so.

Trina hurried to the other side of the clock and attempted to push but try as they might, the clock tower just wouldn't move at this rate.

The Mekkayena approached slowly, "I haven't eaten today, and two snacks is always better than...always better than...always better than...always better than...than...than...

The creature's body began to emit sparks. Its eyes darkened, and it slumped to the ground.

The two pets  came from next to the clock and looked at each other oddly.

"I'm not walking past it, are you walking past it?" Helena asked warily.

"Oh no, I'm going through that clock." Trina backed up to it and began kicking the back out with her hind legs. The wood was thin, a cheap Grand-Father clock, it gave in easily releasing the cold  air onto Trina's back. She began shivering. "There's a freeze warming- I mean, freeze warning in effect." Trina stuttered out. She turned around and looked into the room she had just opened up. It was freezing cold alright but it made no sense for it to be. She stepped inside and looked around until she heard the faint sound of a machine running. She went over to it and cold air blew into her face. "The A/C has been running all this time?"

Helena looked at the Air Conditioning. "Someone must have been keeping this place together somehow."

"Or something..."

"Don't be silly Trina, something can't handle mechanics and electricity and such." Helena said matter-of-factly.

"Sure, whatever...well someone made that machine back there. They must live in here."

"Fantastic Trina! But I don't want to stick around and find out okay! I have had enough adventure for one day and..." Her marbles began to send her messages once again. "Run Trina, Run!"

Trina knew the look in Helena's eyes and she bolted her way out of the freezing room. Helena followed close behind.

"I can change the future! I can!" Helena thought to herself. But when she realized she wasn't moving fast enough tears escaped her eyes, followed by a sharp pain in her back. With the kiss of a knife her eyes shut forever...

...Or at least until she was reawakened by the same evil genius who created Mekkayena's. Helena now spends her time foraging for food through the night and hiding in the dark during the day. Trina, ran all the way home that frightful night where she spends her time replaying Helena's bloodcurdling scream in her head, unable to eat like she used to, and hallucinating... What a story she had to relay to pen-mates.

ImageImage
~Treece~
*Pristine*
Treece
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 255
Donate

Postby Treece » 02/28/2009 8:18 PM

And this onneee. :)

ImageImage
~Treece~
*Pristine*
Treece
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 255
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 02/28/2009 10:47 PM

Here's my entry! I think it's finished.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A sky slynx walked down the dirt path with a chaos slynx on her left and a glacial fellox on her right. On either side of the dirt path prairie grass grew tall. Their feet padded the ground softly with barely a noise. Suddenly the sky slynx stopped. Her eyes were looking upward. She cocked her head. “I don’t pretend to understand it but… are those whales in the sky? "Her companions looked at her as if she were crazy.

“Um, no, those are clouds, dear,” the chaos slynx said.

“But they do look like whales, don’t they Cynthera?”

“Yeah, I guess so, Mimi,” the fellox answered distractedly. She wasn’t watching the clouds. She was thinking of what she was doing with the two slynx anyway. They were way too happy for her. She sighed.

Mimi caught the mood of the fellox. “What’s the matter, Cynthera?” She tore her gaze from the cloud whale filled sky and watched the fellox.

“I’m fine,” she said. “I was just thinking of the argument I had with the master earlier. He doesn’t like my mood swings.”

“Oh,” was all Mimi said. She began walking again. She wasn’t sure why she was following this dirt path, but it somehow felt right. Her companions resumed the walk without a word. Some where a bird chirped. It sounded so pretty. They rounded a corner and came to a fork in the road. Mimi said, “Um, which way should we go, Thomas?” The road that forked to the right was very wide and looked rough. The other path was narrow with few turns.

The chaos slynx looked down each path. “This way,” he said and turned onto the narrow road. Thomas took the lead down the path with Mimi on his right and Cynthera on his left. Soon they can across what looked like a shallow puddle that stretched across the width of the path.

Cynthera took a step closer to the puddle. What did she have to lose? The other two were watching her with interest. Why weren’t they coming? She had her paw just above the water when she heard a shout behind her. “Don’t even try. Your colors will fall right off!” She turned and saw a white lion before her. “Believe me. My colors fell right off,” the lion said. Then it bound away before anyone could say anything.

Thomas coughed. “Um, that was weird. I think we should listen to him and avoid the puddle,” Thomas said.
Mimi nodded her head. “Okay, sweet,” she said and led them around the puddle. The sky darkened and spooky trees began to appear every couple yards. A mist crowded around their feet as they neared the spooky forest ahead. Mimi shivered. “There’s a freeze warming- I mean freeze warning in effect. I heard about it this morning on the news,” she said. She moved closer to Thomas.

“It’s not that cold,” the glacial fellox said. Mimi rolled her eyes. Cynthera was a glacial fellox. Of course it wasn’t that cold.

Mimi felt Thomas shiver against her. “Mimi’s right. I heard about it too. Let’s go sit this out in that cave over there,” Thomas said. He led them over to a small cave. They all crowded in the cave. “Come closer, Cynthera, “Thomas said.

Cynthera shook her head. “I love you… but not that much,” she said under her breath. She shivered and curled into a ball in the corner of the cave.

Thomas and Mimi snuggled close together. Mimi sighed. “I wish she would talk to us,” she said.
“Give her time, honey,” Thomas’ muffled voice said. He had his face in Mimi’s fur and his voice didn’t project. He breathed in and smelt her flowery scent.

Mimi nodded and closed her eyes against Thomas’ fur. “Ok,” she said. She let her mind drift onto warmer days at the beach, just the two of them. She snuggled closer and fell into a light sleep. Mimi awoke to someone poking her side.  She opened her eyes and yawned. She looked toward the cave entrance and saw a gigantic clock tower blocking their way. She gasped and jumped up from her lying position. She looked closer at the clock tower and saw Cynthera and Thomas pushing it. Mimi ran to help.

Try as they might, the clock tower just wouldn’t move at this rate. Mimi sat with her back to the wall. “This is hopeless,” she said. Then she heard a melody come from the clock tower.

A maiden fair once tried to see,
Just what changing time might be like?
She went to a clock  tower and hit the pendulum with a wooden mallet.
A sickening noise came from within, and a knife
Appeared where it had been not.
Something compelled her to what was wrong, to end this noise.
She lifted the knife and it came to her throat.
With the kiss of a knife, her eyes shut forever.
So, you see, if you try to change time,
Yours will cease.

The melody stopped. It had been a very lovely melody until the end when a horrible clanging filled the cave. Mimi’s mouth hung open. With the ending of the song the clock tower disappeared and before them was a field of flowers. Mimi tilted her head. This had to be an illusion. She looked toward Cynthera who was gaping like herself.  Thomas was just staring at what was before them. Then he stood and walked from the cave. The females followed. Thomas walked onward and they came to a lake. Today’s adventure had been different than most. It had been filled with strange happenings and odd sayings.

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 03/01/2009 12:05 AM

.:Character list:.

Oimohe: Animal Form and Human form
Eivr: Animal Form and Human form
Taxikoth: Animal Form (No pic for the human form even though that's what he uses.)
Lkot: Animal
Lkailk: Animal
Vnae: Animal
Lisei: Animal form (There is no pic for her human form even though that is what she uses.)

.:The Story:.

A normal day, a day like many others. Well, actually... there were no 'normal' days in this place. When you see a pack of rotting canines with scales and dragon like horns running around and a Grim Paragon that's blindingly bright you can quite easily know that this isn't exactly a 'normal' place. A place where the sky is one great big ocean and not a single beast is harmless.

"Hey~ The new recruit is supposed to be in today." The oddly colored Symona had found herself in her favored spot, sitting in the lap of their lovely leader with her arms draped around his neck. "Is it another guy? We need more guys around this place. A woman's touch is nice and all... but there's too many around here. It's bad enough to have to deal with Kairon." It was amazing how she was still alive after so long. Amazing how Oimohe hadn't put an end to her affection toward him. Maybe it was just the fact she was his oldest comrade that had yet to betray him.

His shadow, a Pot O' Darkness, did mind though and coiled up around the throne that he sat in through, head colliding with Eivr's back to shove her out of his lap. "I don't choose the gender of those that join our ranks. If you wish to make sure that we have more men in our folds, go scouting on your own. This one is another woman. I believe she said her name was Lisei, or something to that design." As he moved from his chair the Kirund, a mere pup judging by the size, slowly rose to its feet, quick to make sure it was right at his side. The younger ones usually stuck around him instead of their own kinda, as it gave them a bit more percentage of likelihood to live to a full grown Kirund.

Master, mutt, and psychotic woman all left the room together, heading toward where they were to make the portal and greet the newcomer. From their world it was just a cave made in to the side of a cliff, but from where she was she was supposed to be meeting them at a clock tower. The plan was to make the portal there where it wouldn't be noticed, and then they would destroy it once she was inside to prevent anyone else from getting in as well as keeping her from leaving if anything went wrong.

Once again she shadow took its own form, pulling away from the owner as it darted toward the cave. Its body, apparently taking on the shape of a flame like dragon, slid up the canyon wall, creating a frame for it. Now all they would have to do is walk in to the cave and they would find themselves walking out of the clock tower door instead.

"I don't see anyone..." The symona grumbled out, leaning back against the clock tower with arms crossed over her chest. "The least a newbie can do is be on time. Show they actually mean that they wanna be with us." Of course even if the other woman had been there she would have found something to comment about. She would have found the smallest little detail to tear in to the other woman about.

Instead of bothering with listening to Eivr's qualms about who they were supposed to be meeting, Oimohe's eyes fell down upon the canine at his feet, which apparently knew what the man wanted. The very second eyes had fallen upon it, it got back to its feet and scampered off, nose inches from the ground. No, it didn't know an exact scent to find. Just that there was some woman that it was supposed to find. This was a rather abandoned area, so with any hope if it found someone they would be the right woman. If it brought back the wrong person.. well that just meant a nice little snack for later.

"Oi...." While the Kirund was away it gave her the perfect chance to bother him about what was bothering her. "Why do we need new members? Aren't things a bit crowded already? You've got a whole world of creatures that listen to you, Taxikoth, myself... and even that nut case of a woman half listens to you from time to time." The other woman was of course Kairon. She hated calling her by name, for she hated her. She hated that she was still newer to the group and yet was free to do as she wanted.

There came no reply for a while as the amethyst eyes of the withdrawn being looked out at the dark night that his beast had trotted out in to. "Don't forget your place Eivr." He clearly wasn't pleased. Usually he let her say whatever she wanted, and here he was reprimanding her. "We'll do as I please. I won't shape my thoughts around what makes you happy." Of course, would it be Oimohe if he did what made people happy? Certainly not.

Tension and silence were the only things that followed his words for some time, as Eivr knew better than to keep that conversation going. It was one that there was no winning, and the loss wouldn't be a small one at that. If she was stupid enough to keep bickering with him... well she wouldn't have lasted as long as she had if she were that stupid. That was for certain.

In the distance, after a while, there could be heard a scream and then some sort of yelling. Things weren't clear until the Kirund pup came in to view once again. He was... dragging some girl by her arm toward them. Couldn't he have been a bit more careful? If that was the right person they wanted her in one piece. The poor woman appeared to have given up the fight to get away from the beast, but that didn't mean she wasn't still reacting. It was impossible to tell exactly what she was saying, but there was probably some rather colorful language within it all.

"That her...?" Eivr certainly wasn't impressed. If this woman was to be part of their ranks, what in the world was she doing freaking out over a Kirund? It wasn't even a full grown one. What did she expect to see when they got back home? Geeze... At this rate this woman would have a heart attack or something.

Oimohe gave a small nod, watching the Kirund sit down with the woman next to him, quivering. The canine's tail was wagging behind him, as if expecting praise for bringing back a horrified being. "If it weren't her, I'm rather sure that he would have brought back just an arm. She's a dragon. That tough hide is the only reason we see her here in one piece." She wasn't quite what he was expecting, but at least there was proof already that her body was sturdy. Still.... she was quivering before them. This was where she had been told to meet and it was beyond the time they were supposed to see her here. "Explain yourself, Lisei. Let us know why you shouldn't be dog chow."

Pulling her arm free from the Kirund's mouth, Lisei's lime green eyes looked up at the two looming above her. "T-There's a f-freeze warming- I-I-I mean, freeze warning in effect!" she stammered out, rubbing her arm that she had been dragged here by. It had not a single scratch on it, seeing as how scales had covered it like armor. Now that they weren't needed they merged back with her body, looking like only a rough patch of skin for the time being. "S-Since I'm cold blooded.. I was taking the time to put on lots of clothes. I'm sorry.. I didn't realize that I was late. It's not too late though..."

She soon found herself being lifted by the collar of her shirt by the other female, coming face to face, eye to eye. Eivr's eyes were red and orange, as if there was some fire burning deep inside, which led Lisei to believe that she was honestly going to die right that moment. "When you're told to be somewhere at a certain time, you get there." her words came out in a rumbling growl, the fires of her eyes dancing around. "Don't think things are always going to be easy on you. If you want to go run around and play you shouldn't be joining us."

"That's enough..." She hadn't been expecting Oi to come out and stop her from going further on about what happened to those who were late. It had been her thoughts that he'd allow her to punish the Black Baal Dragony for holding them up. Instead he continued on, "Go ahead and take her on through the tower. If I'm not back soon, send the Paragon out here. It might turn out to be a bit hard to pull it down on my own."

Muttering something under her breath, the Symona turned back to the tower and began to drag Lisei as the Kirund had, only she had her by the collar of her shirt still instead of the arm. The moment they had stepped out of the cave that they had used as a link, Lisei found her body being slammed against the canyon wall with Eivr's hand laced around her neck, the grip certainly not friendly.

"W-What did I do wrong now? I-I would've w-walked if you wanted me to, m-ma'am." First she had been attacked by that hound and taken back to its master like a stick that had been thrown to play fetch, and now here she was getting beat up for not doing anything that she could think of. Had she been told to get up and follow she would have. No force needed.

Once again their were those eyes... Those eyes that wished to take away all life like the fires that they resembled. She could feel the pressure as the woman's claws tried to dig in. Thank the deities that her rough hide didn't give way so easily. "I'll be watching your every step. One mistake and you'll find that your skin won't always keep you safe." Lisei could feel her neck warming up, as if the woman's hand was on fire... but it wasn't? Sure felt like it. "Your best bet to life is to stay as far from Oimohe as you can. Stay out of the shadows."

Eivr finally released the other's neck, watching her fall to the ground and place a hand gently on her neck. "Stay here while I go get the Paragon. More away from there and don't expect to live much longer." With that Lisei was now left by herself for some time.

Back on the other side, Oimohe and the Kirund were trying to tackle the problem of the clock tower. It was old and slowly starting to fall apart, but try as they might, the clock tower just wouldn't move at this rate. If it had been a full grown Kirund with him, it would have been possible that he could had strapped a harness of some type to them to have them pull it down. As it was though, he'd just have to wait for Eivr to bring the Paragon. Not Lkailk, but the other one, the nameless one. It was much better for these things that required brute force.

It had taken a bit longer than he would have liked, but after a while the Paragon had made it in to the same realm as him. "Leave the rest to me... I'll make it back through the normal connection when I know no one will see me and try to follow me through." Already he had moved to the side of the tower, claws grating against it as he looked down at the one who had demanded he be brought here.

"Good. I'll leave this to you than." The words were barely muttered before he had slipped away in to the clock tower, the pup at his heels like a little child clinging to its parent. Not more than a few seconds after they had moved to the safety of their own realm had the Paragon sent the tower crashing down beneath his weight, tearing it to mere rubble within seconds.

Both women looked at the two as they arrived back, Oimohe's shadow slinking back down to spiral around him before slipping back down to the earth. Eivr certainly wasn't pleased when she heard the words, "Give her a tour around the place. Or at least take her to Taxikoth so he can." come from the tanned guy. Joy... She was stuck with the other woman for a while longer. Did he just want her to kill the newcomer? Before he left them he added in a quick, "And don't think about disposing of her. I didn't go out there to see her dead within one night."

Once he had slipped out of sight the poor Black Baal Dragony could feel the eyes of the other woman gleaming down at her. "Ah.. I-I'll be fine on my own, ma'am.. I'm sure I could manage to find my way around after a little while." It was clear that she didn't want any trouble and was.. possibly even afraid of Eivr? Well, the woman had attacked her once already while their leader of sorts hadn't been around."

"No... I've at least got to get you over to Taxikoth..." The quicker she drug the sniveling excuse of a dragon to the scientist the sooner she could get away back to her favorite spot. Well, if she wouldn't get kicked out for being so snotty to Lisei. "Just get up and follow me. And I do mean follow closely. I don't want you getting killed off on my watch. That's just trouble I definitely do not need right now." Moments later her feet were swiftly carrying her away from the other woman and closer to their destination.

It took Lisei a moment to scramble to her feet, but she did finally follow after Eivr. Already she was having doubts about having joined up with these people. She didn't really even know too much about them. In fact, she was beginning to wonder if she was even told the truth about them. She certainly wouldn't be sleeping for a few days... not until she felt safer about being here. Trying to run away was even becoming a hot topic in her mind.

As if almost on que, Eivr's head turned slightly so her eyes could glance back at the other. "Thinking about running? Don't even try. Your colors will fall right off once you run in to some of the beast that roam around these lands. After that I'm pretty sure they'll make you a snack too. That thing that brought you to us? It's called a Kirund. That was just a pup in fact. Fully grown you're lucky if your head would even come to their shoulders. It's not like you're very tall after all. They travel in packs too, so just your precious tough skin wouldn't be able to protect you when they're all working on mauling you. If they didn't get you some of the other beasts would." She let out a small chuckle and shook her head. "There's just no way you'd get out of here alive, you know."

"I kinda figured that was the case..." Lisei let out a small sigh, rubbing her arm as she remembered the fangs of the pup grating against her flesh. "Don't worry... I'm not going to run off. Even though I know you don't exactly want me to be here... I'll stick around since my greatest chance of living seems to be if I go meet this Taxikoth person and let him take me under his wing."

Another chuckle. Apparently there was something wrong with being around Taxikoth as well. "You'll be lucky if he doesn't decide you'll be the next experiment. Maybe that's why Oi wanted you in the first place. It'd certainly explain why he would tell me to take him to you." Joy... So that meant there wasn't a single sane person around here. If she wasn't putting up with the woman that would rather have her dead she would have to put up with some sort of crazy scientist. Oh well... She'd take her chances with the scientist. Sad as it was... that still seemed the safest place to be currently.

The silence that followed Lisei's words wasn't left to stand for long. They had come upon a building with some type of Fellox infront of it that she had never seen before in her life. Was this creature made by Taxikoth...? Wait.. Maybe it was one of those pets that she had heard about being created by some crazy scientist named Einsor? Either way, this wasn't a normal Fellox and for some reason its eyes were locked on her. "Chill. Oi said to bring her here." Oh good... Seemed like Eivr was going to keep up to her orders and make sure she made it to her destination. Thank the gods that the beast seemed to relax once again at the words of the other.

Pushing the door open, Eivr looked at Lisei and continued, "This is as far as I'm going. Just head on in and Taxikoth should be in there somewhere... Might be asleep. Most of the creatures in there are pretty harmless too, so I guess it'll be okay if I head on back now."  Oh great... Now she was running off and leaving her to find a guy that she didn't even know. Maybe he was the only human, or humanoid, being in the building. She let out a sigh, noticing Eivr was already out of sight. Oh well... Might as well do her best to figure things out.

As she entered the building her eyes began to roam around. Seemed like... a normal house? For the most part at least. The furniture and such seemed a bit odd, but it had the same set-up as a house. Walking beyond the living room of sorts her hand pressed against a door, forcing it to slowly slide open. It was a dark room... Seemed like maybe a bedroom, but no lights were on so it was rather hard to tell. Dark... Holy Xai're! What was that that had just gone across her foo- A shrill scream rang through the air as Lisei felt something wrap around her leg. Her eyes told her it was a Duo-Nagi... One which could apparently quickly end her life if it so pleased even though it was so tiny.

Time seemed to stand still for a while before the feeling of the serpent around her leg seemed to vanish. The hand of another had slipped down to take hold of it and pull it away, pretty much just throwing it back out in to the livingroom. "If you're going to intrude in to my dwelling the least you could do is be quiet about it..." Apparently she had woken him up. The human form Shimin had gotten up out of his bed and gone over to her with covers clinging to him. It had either been that or show the boxers to some girl that randomly appeared in his house in the middle of the night.

"S-sorry... Eivr, um.. I believe that's her name..., let me in. Oi..mohe? He told her to bring me to someone named... Taxikoth I believe? She said he should be here." Her words were full of stutters and pauses, not quite sure what to say. What if this guy tried to kill her for waking him up? She didn't doubt it could happen. No one around here seemed to have any sanity.

He moved to the light switch and flipped it on with a sigh. Even with the lights coming on the room seemed rather dim. The light bulbs must have been low powered. "Well... You've found him." He had already moved from the light switch over to a closet, fumbling through it to find something to put on. The blanket had been dropped as well, giving her quite the view of his boxers which were white and covered with pictures of whole watermelons and watermelon slices. It was... kinda cute. Someone that lived in this insane place had comical boxers.

Once he was fully dressed Taxikoth turned back to Lisei, giving her the quick up and down look. "Lisei the Black Baal Dragony. It would have been quite nice if they had brought you in a lot sooner..." It was easy to tell he hadn't been asleep for very long. Seemed as though he was about ready to fall back asleep. She also noticed that for some reason he hadn't been using his right arm at all. It was wrapped up in cloth and just limply hanging at his side.

"Ah. Yes, I'm Lisei." She forced a smile, even though it was a tad frightening to think that he already knew her name. "I'm sorry for waking you up. She was told to either give me a tour herself or take me to you for that and she brought me here." With any luck maybe she'd be able to nicely talk her way out of any trouble that was brewing.

"And naturally she brought you to me... She's too hot headed to deal with other women..." Walking past her, Taxikoth turned back for a moment with a wave of his hand. "Come on. Follow me and I'll give you a basic tour of the safer regions." He wasn't about to take her all over the realm. That would take days... For now he'd just take her around where the rest of the dwellings were. It'd still be a good walk since he wasn't exactly close to the others.

Oddly enough, conversations were carried on while the two of them walked around. It was nice to find that there was someone here after all that she could get along with. Taxikoth was a relatively silent person, but he didn't seem 'evil' so to say. There was something... Sad about him really. Constantly her mind was wondering what had happened in his past to bring him here or what had happened to cause him the grief which he seemed to harbor. The big question though... What was under the cloth wrapped around his arm? It didn't seem like a normal shape. Had more of a dome shape where the hand should have been and was thicker than his other arm. Well, he did seem to be the scientist of their group, so maybe he had tried an experiment on himself and things hadn't exactly gone so well.

Her thoughts were pulled away as her eyes traveled to the sky. Something was moving...? Something.... Large. And why did the sky look lik an ocean? "Hey.... Taxikoth...?" Her words had a good bit of time between them and were quite drawn out. Something just didn't seem right about this. Why were they under the water yet it didn't seem like they were...? This certainly gave a new meaning to 'under the sea'.

Finally, after a long pause while she just stood there looking up at the sky with Taxikoth staring at her, Lisei finished was she was going to say. "I can't pretend to understand it but... are those whales in the sky?" They didn't really have the shape of whales, but what else could it have been? They were huge!

The humanoid Shimin actually hand to laugh at her question, but shook his head in due time. "No. Those are actually some of the worst creatures around here. I'd worry about them more than the Kirunds." He had heard the story of the pup dragging her to Oimohe and Eivr, so he knew that by now she knew what those were at least. "From what I've seen they get to be roughly about the same size as the grown Kirunds or possibly a bit larger. They haven't really been given a species name, as I haven't had the chance to full study them. They aren't as trust worthy as the Kirunds. The slightest bite from one of those or prick from the barbs on their body will flush poison in to your body and you'll be dead within hours. I'm not sure if your scales would be able to hold up to the jaws of a full grown one. While they don't travel in packs like the Kirund, I'd say they likely pack more power." He said he hadn't studied them and yet he already seemed to know a lot about them.

"But... They're in the water. Wouldn't they die on land before they could do any damage?" It was a very logical question. She had never seen a creature that could live on both land and water. Well, she had seen animals that could stay under for a long amount of time, but no animals that could easily live on both land and water. With her luck these creatures could just stay under for a long time since he was talking about barbs.. Made her think of a certain type of fish.

Taxikoth shook his head and started walking once again. "They're mammals, but they really do live in the water. It's odd because they seem to have lungs. I've seen them roam around land for hours at a time. I suppose maybe they have gills as well that are hidden beneath their fur." Oh yes. He hadn't studied them at all.

The tour had gone well, and Lisei had found out about her true purpose here. She was in fact meant to be an experiment subject of sorts. Nothing major, but Oimohe wanted to figure out how her powers worked. He wanted to know what in her body could cause her scales to surface whenever she was in danger. His hopes were that if it could be figured out they would be able to use whatever gene caused it to their advantage, creating creatures that would bend to his will easily and do whatever they were told.

Despite the experiments that came in the times to follow, Lisei found she actually got along with Taxikoth quite well. She would allow him to run any test he wanted while asking him to tell her about the different creatures and places of this realm. She did see Eivr and Oimohe sometimes, but it seemed like they didn't come around here often. Lkailk the Paragon had been a rather interesting creature. He was so sweet, and yet the others seemed to hate his guts. Lkot seemed to always be under feet along with the little Duo-Nagi who she could never remember which was the male and which was the female. That trio seemed to be the cause of many a broken beaker. She had been told Vnae was a Cyber Fellox and that she should keep away from it at all times unless she wanted to be dismembered.

"Taxikoth... What will they do with me once you're done with all the experiments...?" The question had been in her mind for many days and she now asked it as she sat outside, leaning back against Lkailk's neck that was curved on the ground around her. They had gone out so the Shimin could gather some herbs, but after a while it had just turned in to a chance to relax.

The answer hadn't exactly been what she was hoping for. "I'm not fully sure. He could have me strip the power from you and kill you, or he could want you to stay here to do work for him like Eivr and myself." He left out Kairon's name because the woman had not yet gotten the chance to meet her. "Chances are that you won't be kept around though..." She felt as though she almost caught a tinge of sadness drift out through his final words.

Lkailk, who she thought had been asleep, now voiced his opinion on the matter. "Why would Mashter want Shay killed, Tako? Shay ish nishe(nice)..." He slightly lifted his head to look at Taxikoth, but didn't move too much since he knew it would only disturb her.

"You know that Oimohe doesn't care how 'nice' someone is, Lkailk. You shouldn't allow yourself to get attached to a test subject." Was he really talking to Lkailk, or was he actually meaning for himself not to get attached? It wasn't like he deeply cared about the Paragon's feelings anyways, so it shouldn't bother him that the Moonling might cause the huge beast's emotions to become upset. In fact, he would only see that as a reason to do it. It would mean that he would become cold hearted finally.

That day was possibly the first day that the Shimin had started to show that he himself was starting to grow attached to the woman that was just another test subject in the eyes of Oimohe. Eivr must have cause on to this, for he found himself being called upon by Oi one day and now he stood their infront of his throne, awaiting his words. "I think it's about we ended the experiment. You're obviously having a difficult time secluding the right gene. I want her gone by tomorrow morning." When he said gone Taxikoth knew he didn't mean just out of the realm. No experiment just freely left.. They were all finished off.

There was a pause for some time now before the Shimin's head hung down, eyes closing. "I understand. By this time tomorrow she will no longer be around." He gave what was almost a bow before finally leaving with a heavy heart. It was his fault that she was going to have to be killed and it was a lot sooner than he expected. Had he not allowed himself to get attached to her it would have been possible for her to live as he and the others did. Her life could have possibly been granted... but now things had to be put to an end.

Back in the room he had left, Eivr wrapped her arms around Oimohe's neck from where she had been standing next to him. "We'll find someone else like her some day. I'm sure it's not a trait that just one single person in that world has. If you want I'll start the search tomorrow." She wasn't sorry in the least. She had been looking for some way to get rid of that woman and she had finally found it. Oimohe allowed his subjects to get attached to no one. Well, Eivr was sort of an exemption. She knew Oimohe didn't love her and didn't care. She did everything she could because she loved him, and he was willing to put up with that so long as she didn't actually tell him of it all the time. For others to fall in love meant their life or the other person's.

"Don't bother. It wasn't an important project anyways..." A short and simple reply for a short and simple end to it all.

Lisei was there to open the door for him when he got back to the lab. "So what did he want?" She knew there had to be a reason behind him being called out there, and whatever it was must not have been a good reason judging by the detached look on the other's face.

At first he was not inclined to reply. He slipped in to the house and found his way over to one of the couches to sit down. "There has been a snag in the plans. Things have to end now Lisei..."

The sound of that didn't sound good. She slowly let the door shut before finding herself on the other couch. "What do you mean by end? You said the other day that you felt like you were getting close to finally finding the right gene. Don't you want to find it?"

Sighing, Taxikoth let his good hand slid up to rest over his eyes. "I mean things have to end. It's over. He doesn't care about the gene anymore, and he wants you gone. Before you ask, no. He doesn't want you to just leave because you know too much about us by now and he does have a few enemies in the outside world that did manage to get away. He won't let that happen again." Judging by the silence from the draconic woman, he knew she wasn't taking this well. "Lisei... This is my fault. I love you... but not that much. Eivr took my affection toward you and used it as a weapon. She knew that she could cause this. My love for you isn't true love, but instead closer to friendship. The one I loved was taken from me before I even came to this place, and there is no one that would ever be able to replace her... I'm sorry Eivr has used me as a tool to get to you."

"It's okay... I understand..." Lisei muttered, eyes downcast. "I knew since the day that I asked you what the end would be that I didn't have long to live... I came to terms with that by deciding to just be happy and give you when I could. I'm almost... glad that I'll die at your hands though. I've thought for so long that Eivr would be my death and it's frightened me. I know that you would make it as painless as possible."

After some time it had been decided how things would go down. A knife would be laced with a poison that he had made some time ago. It numbed the nerves, so there would only be an initial sting. Once her body was fully numbed he would deliver the final blow. That night, resting in what would be her coffin, the plan was taken in to action. She gave him a smile and thanked him for his time. Within moments, with the kiss of a knife, her eyes shut forever...

That night Lkailk helped find a good final resting place for her body and made sure the grave was deep enough that a hungry Kirund wouldn't want to dig it up for an easy meal. Flowers were put in the coffin as well as on top of the grave once it was covered back up.

A good lesson was learned within that.. In this world, one couldn't even make friends.
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1590
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 03/01/2009 12:06 AM

-Second reserved post-
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan