Often called the 'Lover's Triangle' for the trio of waterfalls feeding in to a triangular gorge, the Idalani area is a picture-perfect place to spend time with that special someone, with a beautiful exotic backdrop and countless rainbows dancing across the sky. (+2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Idalani Waterfalls

Let's Stretch our Legs! [Limited]

Postby Jaykobell » 09/12/2007 6:46 PM

[center]ImageImage
Cortez Blackheart, Sandford del Irveh

"Oooh, this is such a pretty place!" the strange female Kuhna said, giggling. "Come on, Sandford! Let's explore this mysterious area!" She ran off around the place, leaving the Khimera behind.

"Hmph..." the metallic feline groaned under her breath. His dark yellow tails flicking about irritably. Sure, that Kuhna was somewhat interesting, but she could so noisy and energetic... something he wasn't a big fan of. He preferred calm, easy to slash at pets.

The Kuhna came back to him. "Heeeey, Ford! C'mon! I'm sure you could make friends around here, too!" she giggled with a teasing smirk on her face.

The other feline snarled. "Keep your trap shut, little thief," she growled, baring her teeth. "I know how to make you quiet..." She unsheathed her claws and showed them to the Kuhna, but the smaller feline didn't seem all that impressed.

"Suuuuure, you can, Ford." She purred mockingly and ran off again happily.

The Khimera growled some more, watching the Kuhna run around.

[Cortez: 1, Sandford: 14]

[[Two people maximum, not including myself.]]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby Abacado » 09/12/2007 8:53 PM

[center]Image

Ephraim opened his eyes. The half-bred Sour Kuhna lifted his black nose to the sky, and sniffed the warm air. There were some wanderers in the falls; the air around him said so.

The feline had been perched utop a great boulder for hours, napping. He had come here to escape from the hustle of others, however now he was no longer alone.
"Time to go," he yawned, terribly beat from his travels. The thought of more walking and hitching rides on the back of buggies made him wince. Maybe I should grab some grub before I go he thought for a moment, deciding it would be worth it to stay a few minutes longer and collect food for the road.

There were berries everywhere, some berries, some berries, some pinecones and then some more berries. "Nice assortment of food," Ephraim smirked, picking off some blackberries from a small sticky shrub.
As he devoured the small stack, his bright green eyes traveled up, where he caught site of the newcomers for the first time.
His sense of smell hadn't bee too off, there were about two...and they were both female he was sure. It was hard to tell.
His mind told him to turn back to his food, but his eyes dared not wander. They were so peculiar looking up this close. One of them was a Khimera, which he had seen many of on his trip through the country, but the kuhna was most peculiar a sight. He noted the pink bandana on her head similar to that of the descrpiton of a pirates. Was she a pirate?
Ephraim had been lost so deep in thought he hadn't realized he had  stepped from the the safety of the bush, and was now in plain view of the pair, if they were to look his was that way. Now it would be quite akward if he darted back to the bushes if they had seen him, so he quietly regained his composer and cleared his throat. "Hey there, nice time for a walk I see?"

(Ephraim Post: 12)
Abacado
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 63
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 09/12/2007 9:20 PM

The small pirate Kuhna's ears perked up, and tweaked as the female scented the air around. "Oooh! Ford, I can smell someone! And I heard something too!" She had obviously missed Ephraim, who wasn't very far and right in the open.

The Khimera sat down. "I don't care," he snarled. "Why am I here, anyway? It's bo-- Cortez!"

He had no time to finish his rant as the black, white and dark blue Kuhna rushed away, running around to try and find where the scent and voice had come from. "Heeeeey, anybody here!?" she shouted, running still.

"Cortez!" Sandford called after the running around Kuhna. "You're going to cause more and more problems for me if you keep running around like a chicken without its head!" he yowled at the small feline that was darting around as if she was heading for the gold on a marathon.

"No worries Ford!" Cortez called back, obviously not looking at where she was going. "Nothing's going to hap--" But she had no chance to finish her sentence for she bumped right into Ephraim, considering she was not focused on the path in front of her.

She blinked and looked around, finally seeing the Sour Kuhna male. "... Oh! You've got to be the guy!" She moved away from him to let Ephraim some space. "Yo, fellow Kuhna! The name's Cortez Blackheart, and I'm a pirate!" She poked her bandana proudly while grinning. "And the ranting Khimera is Sandford," she added, flicking her tails towards the snarling feline, who seemed rather angry...

Ignoring poor Sandford, Cortez turned back to Ephraim. "What's your name, eh?"

[Cortez: 2, Sandford: 15 -- Level Up]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Abacado » 09/13/2007 6:24 PM

[center]---
Ephraim stood there, akwardly, waiting for his pair to see where the voice had come from. He took it they hadn't seen him. Great, I could have just walked off...they never would have seen me. he thought with slight embarasment. The idea of walking away now occured to him, but he hadn't been fast enough.

At the sudden and surprising greeting, Ephraim took a careful step backward, and blinked as a reflex.
"Hm, Pirate. You don't say..." Ephraim muttered curiously, eyeing the bandana. "Oh,  and I'm Ephraim, but I regret to inform you I'm no pirate. Just a traveler. But perhaps I'll take up the term philosopher one of these days."
The Sour Kuhna lifted his front paw and motioned it toward the Khimera. "Ah, so you weren't a girl. I guess me scent was off," he shrugged to himself.
He turned back to the Kuhna and have her an unsure grin.
"So Cortez was it? You wouldn't by any chance be one of those dangerous pirates you hear about on the radio, eh?

(Ephraim: 13)
Abacado
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 09/13/2007 6:54 PM

"A Philosopher? Wow! Don't worry, that's cool too!" The self-called Pirate Kuhna stepped beside Ephraim and nudged him playfully. "Dude, that's real cool! So you like all that deep poesy and sweet books with those quotes and thoughts most people never understand?" she asked, tilting her head to the side.

Sandford bared his teeth -- although that was already done, to a certain extent -- and walked over to the Sour Kuhna, pushing his nose against Ephraim's. "A girl? You mistook me for a girl?" the Khimera snapped with anger.

Cortez rolled her eyes and pushed Sandford away from Ephraim. "Sheesh, this poor fellow is surprised and confused enough as it is, Ford!" She turned to Ephraim, ignoring Sandford once again. "Awwh, don't mind Ford, Phraim," she told the Sour Kuhna, giving him a nickname already, "he's just got the character of a serial killer," she informed him, giggling. She apparently wasn't minding the frustrated feline behind her.

Now fully focused on Ephraim's question, she added, "Nope! I'm not one to make trouble 'round! Uh-uh!"

"Pah!" the bigger cat groaned. "Bring problems to everyone, that's all you can do," Sandford snapped, flicking his tails.

Blackheart rolled her eyes. "No telling this to my new buddy," she 'subtly' whispered to Sandford. And to Ephraim, she asked, "So, ya wanna do something with us?"

[Cortez: 3, Sandford: 16]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Abacado » 09/13/2007 7:53 PM

[center]

Ephraim nodded with a laugh "Yeah, I guess you can say I enjoy that stuff." For a second he thought, and then tilted his head at Cortez "Well then, good to hear you're not that type of pirate. Though I've never actually met any other pirate, so how would I know what they are like anyway..."

The young Sour Kuhna lifted his head and flicked his ears questioningly, considering her offer. "Well I was going to set off for home...but I dunno, I guess I could stay a bit longer...if you don't mind." Ephraim swerved his head toward  the Khimera, mindful of the earlier gender offense.
However before giving the Khimera time to reply, Ephraim batted his black paws at Cortez, playfully. It was somewhat strange to Ephraim now; he hadn't exactly been playful in awhile. Ever since he set off on this journey he had been so uptight, and now a sudden energy flowed through him.
And then suddenly it hit him: "Phraim?"
Abacado
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 09/14/2007 11:07 AM

Cortez settled down and licked her paw. "Oh, not all pirates are ruffians who like to kill and steal," she told Ephraim. "Some of us have more honor than that!" She replied, batting her paw back at the Sour male. It was fun, she would think, that someone wouldn't judge her for her interests. She liked this little guy.

Sadnford, meanwhile, was swishing his tails angrily while the two were socializing. What a burden, to be trapped here in this happy and cheerful place with two tiny felines who were barely doing anything interesting, like killing a random pet that was passing by, for example. If it hadn't been for Cortez spotting Ephraim before him, Ford would have taken this opportunity to have a snack. Apparently not...

Cortez rubbed her licked paw over her ear, her tails shifting. "We have a kit at home, who likes poesy and all that deep thinking stuff," she told her new friend. "I'm not much of a thinker, so I'm really bad that stuff. But I like reading and listening to others who have talent to it. It's pretty."

She chuckled, then nudged him playfully. "Yeah! Phraim! Can I call you that?" she asked, hoping she hadn't insulted him in anyway. Some people don't like getting nicknames, or she believes. "I sure hope I haven't insulted you in any way," she said kind of apolagetically.

[Cortez: 4, Sandford: 17]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 09/15/2007 10:12 AM

After a little while, Cortez nudged Ephraim again. "Hey, you wanna go for a swim?" she asked, pointing to the small river that was nearby. "I can teach ya, if you don't know how to swim," she proposed with a grin.

Sandford rolled his eyes. Right now, he just wanted to go out on a hunt and kills something. He could feel his blood rushing through his veins, his instincts waking up again. Strangely enough, even to him, the only living being on these Lands that he wouldn't dare hurt is that black and white Kuhna, Cortez. He didn't feel like sinking his claws into her thin skin. He shook his head and hurled the thought through the window, before standing straight.

He looked around with caution. What was this strange smell...? He had smelled it before... what was it? He carefully walked over to a bush, where, he was sure, would be something interesting. He crouched low to the ground, his black fur rubbing against the soft grass beneath him.

Once he was close enough, he bounce into the bush, and a scream was heard.

Cortez spun around to look in Sandford's direction upon hearing the shout. "Ford! Ford, tell me you're not trying to kill again! You said you'd try to stop...!" She ran over to the bush, hoping nothing had happened. As she approached the bush, she braked, seeing as the Khimera was coming back.

[center]Image
Aniketos "Ketos"

The big feline was holding a smaller one in his jaws, of a pitch-black color with cotton-ish gradients of color. Sandford settled the Kuhna -- that appeared to be a Kanua -- down. "That one was spying on us."

The small Kuhna shook his head. "Of course not. I wasn't spying. I wanted to come with you guys, so I... Hmm..." He rubbed his chin for a moment. "So... what did I do? I don't remember..." he said finally.

Cortez grinned. "Ah, that Aniketos. Still as forgetful, ain't he?"

Sandford simply sighted.

[Cortez: 5 -- Level Up, Sandford: 18, Aniketos: 10]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Abacado » 09/17/2007 9:34 AM

ooc:// Sorry for the absence Shrewd ^^; I've been gone unexpectedly all weekend. I'll reply later today =]
<center>ImageImage
When the going get's tough...well, you know.

Maxwell/Lvl.1/Vast Plains
Ephraim/ Lvl. 2/ Idalani Falls
</center>
Abacado
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 09/17/2007 1:52 PM

[[This alright. :3 I posted because I needed a fifth post to move. ^^; Take your time. :3]]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Abacado » 09/19/2007 5:03 PM

The surprise visit from the one called Aniketos humored Ephraim, the sour kuhna just sitting, tails wrapped around his paws, watching with glee the scene. A closer glance he realized the ball of fur that had been in Fords mouth was a Kanua, Ephraims heritage to be sure. He suddenly set his shoulders back and his fur on his backside lied down flat.
He smiled reasuringly at the creature. Obviously such a docile breed of Kuhna was no harm. "Oh hello there. I'm Ephraim...though I guess you can now call me 'Phraim," he meowed with a welcoming tone.

Turning from the other two felines back to Cortez, Ephraim shrugged, unsure
"I'm not the best swimmer. I'm probably a lost cause...but if you think you can train the untrainable then sure, I'm in."
He flashed her a smile and then guestured to the falls with his fluffy twin tails. He eyed the water curiously, an icey green stare.

He never really did like water, but after bathing in the sun all afternoon he was looking for a drink, and hey, why not be really bold and learn how to swim? Besides, the gentle breeze lifted the mist from the falls over to where they all sootd, and there was nothing more welcoming then a light spray of fresh water.
Ephraim turned his head over to the lovely, odd Pirate girl and laughed. "C'mon me matey"
Abacado
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 09/19/2007 5:30 PM

ImageImage

Daisuke---------------------Anastasia

(I hope you don't mind if I join. I was just dying to take my new Blackberry Slikey out and roleplay her xD)

"Oh, this is a very beautiful place," Daisuke said, looking around appreciatively. "I should paint a picture of it.. Oh look, some other pets!" He caught sight of three Kuhnas and a Khimera. "Come on, let's go see if they would let me paint their picture!" Hoisting his art satchel up onto his shoulders, he began walking toward them.

"But.." Anastasia said, feeling that it wouldn't be a good idea to disturb a Khimera. Still, despite her protest, she had to admit that she was pretty curious about that one Kuhna that was dressed rogueishly. Like a pirate. She loped after the Arkuhna, hoping that they would be friendly.

"Hello, my name is Daisuke," he said, taking a sweeping bow. "Would you allow me to paint your pictures? I'm an artist," he said, smiling as he swung the backpack off of his back. The Blackberry Slikey smiled shyly, admiring the Khimera's pelt, and powerful aura.

[Daisuke: 1, Anastasia: 1]

Kitty's Breedables------The Menagerie
"Control yourself; take only what you need from it." ~Kids by MGMT
Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 986
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 09/20/2007 7:58 PM

[[Not at all. :3 Whee, new player!]]

Sandford let out an impatient hiss but said nothing. Just how long was he going to be stuck here? He just settled down and put a paw over the other, his tails swishing irritably, as a sign to say, "Back off unless you want to get chomped".

Aniketos turned to Ephraim and tilted his head. "Oh... Hello to you, brethren," he greeted. "My name is Aniketos, but you can call me... Hm..." He rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "I don't remember what else you can call me," he replied, his ears tweaking.

Cortez grinned. "Heheh, you can call him Ketos. He's really forgetful. It's awful sometimes. The poor guy." Turning back to the river, she shouted, "Okay, Phraim! I'll teach ya how to swim! And you're gonna learn, trust me!" She ran off after him as he darted off towards the stream.

She jumped right into the water, splashing a little by Ephraim's location. "Okay! First, you gotta get into the water. C'mon, settle your paws on the small shore-like spot." She poked the floor with her paw, showing how the shore was gradually getting down into the water, leaving a few stairs that were only covered slightly by the bright blue liquid.

Aniketos turned to Daisuke and Anastasia. "Oh, hello to you, too," he greeted. "Did I introduce myself already?" His tails shifted about thoughtfully. "Hmm... Sandford, did I introduce myself?" he asked the Khimera, who was still rather irritated.

"Yes," Ford replied, sighing.

[Cortez: 19 due to breeding, Sandford: 19, Aniketos: 2 -- Don't mind that ten up there. o.O; It was supposed to be a 1. o-o;]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Abacado » 09/20/2007 11:23 PM

Water. Stop. Now.
Ephraim stopped running at the waters edge, a close call if there ever was any. His paws were caked with mud and he took a deep breath and chuckled, realizing how foolish he must have looked. His heart had almost stopped beating when he saw that water. If he didn't stop fast enought he would of fell in, and the thought of drowning wasn't a pleasant one.

Little did poor Ephraim know, the water he would of fell into was only two feet deep that close to the edge.

"I'm pathetic" Ephraim smirked.
Regaining his posture, the Sour Kuhna look back only to see Cortez had  followed after him so closely.
"So, you promised to teach me how to swim? I hope you're a great teacher Miss Cortez. I'm a willing student" Ephraim teased, silently studying the expression on Cortez's face. It was funny now, as Ephraim realized that Cortez was one of the few females he'd ever talked to...

Breaking out of his silent thought, his pale green gaze turned to the cool water and his ears swiveled up, alert.
A silver streak had rose to the surface of the water and dropped back to the darkness in an instant. Many trips out to the beach and lakes, Ephraim was now well aquainted with the silver skinned creatures known as fish. His stomach rumbled at the idea of the animal, and he licked his lips longingly. "Before we swim, you wouldn't by any chance like a snack would you?" he thoughtfully questioned the lady pirate. Ephraim prodded carefully closer to the waters edge, and eyed the depths intently.
"Not to boast but I'm an expert fisherman. You'll be in awe of my skills."
he purred cheerfully.

(Ephraim: 16)
<center>ImageImage
When the going get's tough...well, you know.

Maxwell/Lvl.1/Vast Plains
Ephraim/ Lvl. 2/ Idalani Falls
</center>
Abacado
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 09/21/2007 7:11 AM

"Nice to meet you," Daisuke proclaimed, taking another elegant bow. "Would you gents mind if I painted you? I'm especially interested in painting err, what's your name?" he asked the Khimera. "Not sure if I caught it yet or not." He grinned apologetically.

Silently, Anastasia slipped away. She really didn't want to hang around, especially not if the other two Kuhnas were playing in the water. Ah, water. She couldn't wait to swim in it. She came to the edge of the water, and then slipped in like a seal. She was as graceful underwater as she was awkward on land, her body sliding through the aqua blue waters like it was greased.  Surfacing further out, she watched with interest as the Sour Kuhna boasted about his fishing skills. This she had to see. Kuhnas fishing and swimming?

[A: 2, D: 2]

Kitty's Breedables------The Menagerie
"Control yourself; take only what you need from it." ~Kids by MGMT
Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 986
Donate

Next