Often called the 'Lover's Triangle' for the trio of waterfalls feeding in to a triangular gorge, the Idalani area is a picture-perfect place to spend time with that special someone, with a beautiful exotic backdrop and countless rainbows dancing across the sky. (+2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Idalani Waterfalls

Heartache and Heartbreak--A Family Reunion {Private}

Postby Ghostlily » 10/05/2007 5:53 PM

[center]{Private! ToxicShadow and I only!}

ImageImage

Morath, Roan, & Sahnua

"Would you please try to behave yourselves today?"

A large Kuhna, with red fur and black stripes, padded along, glancing back  behind at his offspring. The Blood Kuhna, Morath, for that was his name, was older now, more mature. He had his son and daughter to take care of now. And having proved himself competent as a father, Morath felt far more confident than before. If he could take care of these two, then certainly he could handle just about anything.

"It's not my fault, father! Roan just keeps being all grumpy!"

The female Sulkuhna padded close behind her father. Perhaps this was a bit of whining, but it was true. Sahnua did love her brother, but when he was in a mood, boy, was he in mood! It could take ages for him to resume his natural moodiness of not caring and letting his mind drift off.
Sahnua could be quite cheery, for a Sulkuhna. Morath had always recalled her mother when she had a 'hyper fit' as she had named them.

"Well, why do we have to go see her anyways? It doesn't make any difference."

Roan was a Sorrow Kuhna, and he easily lived up to his name. He was the opposite of his mother, but instead had all the qualities of his Sulkuhna grandfather. Who else could keep a grudge for so long? Who else could, and would, mope about how everything in his life was so horrible?

Morath had decided that having Roan meet his mother might help a bit, in ways more than one. He sighed. Would his sulky son ever feel the joy of laughter, the spark of happiness? Morath doubted it, but if anyone could make his son happy, it was Arabella.
ImageImageImage

Heaven's gates won't open up for me
With these broken wings I'm fallin'
And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 166
Donate
Location: Sittin' on my butt, at the computer...why where else would I be?

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/07/2007 5:15 AM

Arabella
Image Image
Torren and Wroquistex 'Wro'

Of course, one half of the large family had appeared far ealier for their own particular interests. As anyone began to make their way into Arabella's vicinity, it would be impossible to ignore the abnormal hue of the water in the various puddles leading up to the waterfall. All of them appeared to be thicker, all purple. The female kuhna herself was still just as much a trickster as ever. That would never change, even if she had kids. After all, she had children when she met Morath and she was still this very same way. Where exactly would you find the odd Pearl Kuhna? She was leaning over the edge down into the river area after the water had already fell down it's cliff. She was staring into the water, mumbling something to herself. In one outstretched paw, she was holding an empty glass vile. At her sides were two out of the three children that had originally came to live with her, Torren and Wroquistex.

"Mother, remind us why we are here once more." The Patriot male spoke up, stepping back from the edge. Honestly this area didn't interest him so much. There were way to many other living and breathing beings around, things he often didn't like. He wasn't one to complain, but hearing his mother speak would work to entertain him since he was pulled away from his current project. Oh yes, he'd taken after his mother's inventive side. He just applied it differently.

But Arabella didn't answer. Not really. "I've told you, we're here to meet your father." But she'd never really explained why. Not many Kuhnas went and met up with their random breeding partners and have the offspring come along. Their mother just couldn't say anything. She'd taken interest in Morath in that short time they spent together, but wasn't so sure. Time had passed. She was the same, but was he?

Finding no better explanation out of her, Torren went and sat beside his sister, who had taken just to sitting a little ways a way, but still close. She wasn't in a very talkative mood now. Nope, Wro was lost in her own little thoughts. She'd been contemplating over rather or not it was possible to combine gases into a bottle and make it produce rain. That was the field choice she'd taken up, another branch from her mother. She studied and worked with chemical gases to creating things. Which would explain the slightly minty hued fog that also rolled across the area they had chosen to wait.

Arabella, herself, wondered how Morath and her other children would react upon meeting them all. Especially the effect the two under her direct care would act. They probably wouldn't be like anything they'd expect, though she was extremely proud of her children. In other thoughts, she wondered how those she'd left were doing, how Morath managed as a single father. Would he be the same, or would it have changed him? A sudden shiver ran down her spin and she pulled her paw away from the river, setting the empty vile down and staring at it as she mulled over everything.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2859
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 10/07/2007 4:03 PM

Morath sighed. Why did his children had to fight so? They did get along, at times, but still, he rarely got a moment when it was quiet. His owner had to assist the new father, in ways more than one. Feeding mostly though, seeing as Morath was male, not female. But his little ones had turned out just fine, even without their mother. A little gloomy, maybe, but they adapted easily to being without Arabella. But what of the other kits, the two that lived with Arabella? Where they happy without their father? What would they be like? And Arabella...would she be the same. Morath figured that she would not change, just because she had their kits now. The Pearl Kuhna, he knew, wasn't a new mother, so she was likely to stay the way she was...fun, exciting, joyful. At least, Morath hoped she was still the same Kuhna that she was back all those weeks ago...

Sahnua sighed. So what were they? Brothers? Sisters? Or one of each? And what breed would they be? Sulkuhna or Sorrow, like herself and Roan, or even Blood, like her father? Sahnua glanced at Morath. He was the only parent she had ever known, and the small Sulkuhna didn't know if she was ready to let another one into her life so soon. Perhaps, if it were more gradual, not sudden like this, it would be easier. It wasn't that Sahnua didn't want to meet this 'Arabella' it was just...she didn't want things to change. She liked her life the way it was, and she didn't need some pretty little Pearl Kuhna messing up. Why did things have to be so complicated?

Roan glanced at his sister. Was she okay? He swirved over to her, feeling a slight affection. He only had time for his sister, no one else. Sahnua was important to him, she was his little sister. Well, not by much. Maybe a minute or two, but still...
The Sorrow Kuhna nuzzled his sister's side. "You okay?" he murmured softly, his voice taking on a gentleness that it rarely held before.
He wasn't really bothered about meeting his mother. Truthfully, he didn't care either way. What did it matter if he met his mother or not? But he'd just behave, like his father had asked of him. Roan was more interested in his siblings...were they strong, smart, male, female...? Yes, they were far more interesting than his simple mother...

Before Sahnua could reassure her worried brother, Morath called out, his voice higher-pitched from happiness.
"Arabella!" He shouted the name of his beloved mate, running toward her, his tails high. His son and daughter followed more slowly, but soon, they were all gathered together.

{62, 2, 2--Gotta keep post count, or I'm screwed. xD}
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/07/2007 7:45 PM

"Humm...?" Arabella could hear as the others came closer. She had quite good hearing. Most of her senses were actually well acute. From the two little words that she could pick up, it seemed that one of her children, for she knew that Morath wasn't speaking nor could he have been the one to be in question, was in a difficult place of mind. Right then she began to regret that she hadn't been able to conjoin in a family gathering before all the kids had grown. She didn't have two much of a time to worry, though, since she was called. Her ears perked and she jumped into turning around to see all of the others. The Blood Kuhna she believed herself to be falling for and the Sulkuhna and the Sorrow Kuhna. So these were her other children. She jumped over a purple puddle as she padded over to greet them, a soft smile on her face. "Ah, so wonderful to see you all." She said, bowing her head in a lady-like manner. But the grin on her maw was more mischievous. Odd to think that she was truly a mother of, technically, nine now full grown kits. Only two lived with her now.

Both Torren an Wro stood to take to either of their mother's sides. The male was more head held high, tails perked up and all. He was quite a proud type, but not the sort to be stuck up. Wro seemed decently confident, though more skittish and silent then her brother. "Torren and Wroquistex. The Pearl Kuhna introduced them with a nod in the direction of each when referring to them.

"Pleasure to meet you." The red and blue Kuhna greeted with some of the proper manners that his mother had.

"Wro." The Forgotten Kuhna corrected, not necessarily greeting them. Something about the way that she held herself, made it sort of hard to tell if she was male or female...

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 10/08/2007 5:21 PM

Morath's eyes were bright as he gazed upon his first and only love. Arabella...she was still so beautiful. Having children seemed to barely affect her, yet it had almost completely changed Morath himself. But his love was still there, and so was Arabella.
"Arabella," he mewed, nuzzling her with his head. "I've missed you. More than you can imagine." He looked up, hoping that the Pearl Kuhna still felt something for him.
The Blood Kuhna glanced at the odd-colored water. "Nice touch," he added.
Then the young father moved his gaze toward his other kits, the ones he didn't know.
There was little he could say, but Morath took a step towards his son and daughter.
"I'm sorry I could not be around earlier," he murmured, his eyes full of sorrow, for he truely meant his words. "But we are all together now, so it does not matter. But as you know, I am Morath. And this is your brother and sister, Roan, and Sahnua."

Sahnua grinned when her father acknowledged her. The Sulkuhna waved a small black paw, then shyly murmured, "Hi. It's nice to finally meet you." Both Kuhnas seemed nice and kind and all, but for some reason, Sahnua felt more comfortable around the Patriot. He seemed more friendly, more...normal...

Raon merely let out a bored, "Greetings" when Morath introduced him. He wasn't impressed by the bunch in front of him. And he didn't think much of his mother, yet. What idiot turned water purple just for the heck of it? It was stupid! And Wroquistex...she was odd. Something was definately different about the Forgotten Kuhna. And the Patriot...
'Snob,' thought Roan. For some reason this thought leaped into his head, the moment he had laid eyes on his newfound brother. Something just wasn't right about this whole family...
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/09/2007 12:11 AM

No, no, nothing was right with this family, not if they so were judged on being 'normal', whatever that really was.

A gentle, honestly warm smile transformed Arabella's expression from her usually mischievous one as the Blood Kuhna rubbed against her. "I have missed you too." She mumbled softly in reply. She couldn't play good for too long though. Stepping forward to bump heads with him, she grinned with a joking sinister-ness and ran a single one of her claws down the side of his face with a feather touch. Maybe she'd send shivers down his spine. "Sweet, surely you have not forgotten though, there is more to me then my title of Lady." She warned him, pulling back and running her tongue quickly from his nose to his forehead. "And thank you. Sadly I hadn't enough of the chemicals to change the entire waterfall." She sighed softly.

"It's alright...Father. I can see why Mother is fond of you." Again, it was Torren who spoke up more naturally. He did somewhat resemble his father, just as his mother had told him. She was always so proud of her children and often spoke of his similarities he held to his father, especially when he was younger. "Nice to finally have a chance to meet you two. It's been a little strange to know that we've had other siblings that we have yet to meet." He addressed his siblings that were strangers to him.

"What about you? Wro asked, eying Roan. She'd almost been watching him this whole time, sensing his...aloof nature....dislike toward them. While this Forgotten Kuhna was usually silent to strangers, she wouldn't dare to allow anyone to put down her family, even if it was other members of the family. "I wouldn't judge us so quickly as if you truly know us. You have no right to think badly of Mother or Brother. Think of myself all you want, but not them." She was calm as she spoke, but seemed to mean it with a hidden deadly threat. She could read him. She wasn't psychic or anything, far from it, but she was good at reading into one's self.  

"Wro..." Arabella looked quickly to her daughter and frowned and moved to place her paw on her shoulder. "It's alright..." She cooed, head soon shifting between the three others who had joined them. "My apologies. Not for this, but for being gone, as well. Perhaps if we hadn't stayed separated... I fear it is only expected to see tension in a situation such as this. Rather or not you wish to see me as your mother, either choice is fine by me if it is what you want, though I must ask that you do give us a chance, at least. You may be surprised." She hoped things would work out. Like when she and her father met up with her mother and twin sister. She was glad to have them in her life and strongly believed that families should at least have the chance to meet, whatever the outcome turned out to be.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 10/12/2007 4:42 PM

Roan rolled his eyes. This little female was going to freak on him, now was she? Well, she could go ahead and do that. Like he cared. But he stayed focused long enough to listen to Arabella speak, and he took the time to consider her words. Then, slowly, he spoke.
"Mother, I forgive you for not being with us. It is only to be expected when you live with someone different than Father. That is how the trainers operate, and that is how things wil always be."

Morath sighed. Why couldn't his son be understanding like this all of the time? Why was it only in situations such as these when he managed to say the right thing?
"Well, at least he kept his head on..." The Blood Kuhna mumbled under his breath. Perhaps this whole family reunion wasn't going as planned, but at least it was happening.
"Look," Morath mewed. "I wish I could have been there for you too, but, like Roan said, that's the way things are..."

Sahnua padded towards her brother, softly nuzzling his side with her head. Sometimes he could be so...nice! Well, at least, for him it was considered nice. But now Sahnua's emotions were fixed on Wro. Sahnua was beginning to think that the Forgotten Kuhna was a bit of a brat, spoiled all the time, getting what she wanted...Perhaps that wasn't an accurate description of her sister, but she couldn't help her feelings. But Sahnua felt very much comfortable around Arabella. She loved her mother. At least, so far...

{64--4--4}
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/12/2007 5:18 PM

Arabella's eyes shifted around momentarily after she listed to her second son speak. "That may have been how it was, but I know that never coming around anytime before isn't always the best...Thank you for understanding...I'll tell you something. There's this little habit that runs in my side of the family, starting with my father and mother, your grandparents. Though they lived in different houses, and I lived with only my father, they promised to meet again and we had a reunion with my mother and my twin sister. We've all learned to see family as something important. "She said with a soft smile. "Oh! Did you know, Roan, that you have a twin sister as well?"

As for the other two 'children', Torren licked his sister's cheek gently. He knew what Wro was doing and why. His unusual, protective and generally distant sister. The female just shook herself. "She couldn't come, since she's moved in with our neighbors. Conjoined property." The odd female added onto her mother's words. "Look. The reason I speak is because I can sense the fact that you don't seem to like us much. Anyone judging anyone right away is never a good thing, though even I forget at times."

"Perhaps, then, starting over would be a good thing?" The Patriot offered. "I'm sure that there is plenty of different things we could say to each other to understand better; try to push away the false pretenses."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 10/13/2007 1:23 PM

Roan narrowed his eyes. "You are welcome..." he murmured. Tradition? What did he care that she had some big family reunion with everyone else all the time...? But then, his ears tuned in to Arabella's words.
"A twin sister...?" Where is she now?" It seemed that he only had ears for this now, for it interested him greatly. Why hadn't anyone told him?

Sahnua laid a tail on Roan's shoulder, licking him gently on the cheek. She loved her brother, but he seemed so distant now, so far away. The Sulkuhna glanced at Wro.
"Look, we're sorry as well. It was wrong of us to judge you. Please, forgive us."

Morath sighed, staring at his children. They seemed so grown up, so different from when they were small kits. He moved closer to Arabella's side, glad that she hadn't changed so much. There was so much comfort in her voice, in her eyes, in her beauty...Perhaps they should go off and talk, together, alone...later...

{65---5---5}
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/13/2007 1:57 PM

Arabella welcomed Morath's presence, stepping closer to him to fill the gap so that they were less then an inch apart, though her eyes hardly left her son. "She's taken a liking to spending time with the neighbors.  Our house shares property with another, you see, so it's all been conjoined. She stays there most of the time now, learning mechanics from Areion, a Chaos Albie. She comes around from time to time, but she's usually with him in his workshop." She explained. "It's a shame that she couldn't come."

After a little bit of time to let their mother's words set in, Wro and Torren stepped forward beside each other. "I've taken interest in...weapons design, myself. I'm becoming a weapons technician." Well, bet that was a little unexpected from Torren, the most well mannered one was creating certain weapons of destruction. Good thing he didn't bring any grenades or something.
Then it was Wro's turn. "And I like chemistry. I work with combination of gas elements to create different effects and particular responses from other living beings, such as certain healing effects. Also, I've taken interest in the anatomy and ability to doctor others." They branched around from Arabella's line generally working with everything, though they narrowed down their likeness.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 10/13/2007 5:39 PM

Roan's eyes widened. He wished this twin sister of his could be here now, so that he could meet her...but she wasn't. It seemed that life was never fair anymore...
Roan stared up into his mother's eyes, barely blinking, and deep inside wishing things could be different. But he soon looked away, and changed he gaze to his other siblings.
"I prefer strategists to weapons or chemistry...it is a more civilized interest. I can't imagine being stuck with noxious chemical fumes in my nose or with bits of metal in my fur. No, my preference is with books and chess boards, those sorts of things. And chess not checkers, mind you. Checkers is such an uncivilized game..."

Sahnua sighed, rolling her eyes at Roan. Her brother was so boring! Didn't he ever like outside things, in nature?
"I like botany, myself. I love the trees and the flowers...and poisons have certainly caught my interest. There's so many different kinds of plant toxins, it's astounding..." Sahnua stopped, for she felt slightly embarrassed. What was she talking about? She was just going to make a fool out of herself if she didn't stop soon...

Morath sighed, his tails flicking from side to side. He wasn't surprised by all of his childrens' interests. Perhaps he and Arabella should just leave their kits to talk, and go themselves...somewhere more private.
The adult Kuhna leaned over, mewing softly in Arabella's ear. "How about we going somewhere private...you know, and talk things over..."

{66--6--6}
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/13/2007 7:29 PM

Arabella was silent, giving her gaze back to Roan, though her's was more of the mothering nature. It was a sad thing, but perhaps he'd meet his twin sometime. It was better to think that way then to believe yourself doomed. "Maybe you'll meet her someday anyway. If you only think about it badly, then it's less likely to happen. If you hope, well, it usually has a better chance."
And that was the last of her motherly advice before her ear's perked as the Blood Kuhna whispered to her. Her eyes moved to his and she nodded slowly. "So...erm...I suppose that your father and I will leave you to yourselves for awhile so you can all talk and we can as well..." She'd leave the male to lead the way.

"While weaponry isn't the best interest per say, someone has to do it. More then anything, it's the challenge of creating something no one else has. It's about strategy, each weapon serving for a different one." The other brother explained some of his views on it. "I can say that strategy is quite a good thing."

"Oooh!" Wro actually appeared to be somewhat interested. "Toxins, yes. Different vegetation is quite useful in chemistry and the medical field! Our human companion is actually an expert at creating elixirs. You should see the gardens we have back home." Okay, excited and yet calm.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 10/15/2007 5:50 PM

Morath gave Arabella a small nod, to show that he understood her wishes for him to go first, then slowly walked forward on padded paws. There was so much they had to talk about. But most importantly was whether they would be lifemates, and, if so, would they ever do any...outside breedings...? Morath stopped in a little grove of leafy green trees, breathing in the scents of nature. He turned to make sure that Arabella was still there, although he doubted she would be anywhere else.

Roan finally was beginning to enjoy himself. Perhaps a little talk about strategy might cheer him up...
"I see your point," Roan replied, referring to the fact that someone had to do the job. "But still, I don't find it that entertaining. I prefer combat strategy. You know, moving troops around, planning out battle movements, those sorts of things."
This could make Roan look like a chicken, not being in the battle, but he preferred being away from the fight and helping those in it.

Sahnua's eyes brightened. Yes! They had made a connection! "Oh, I'd just love to see all the different plants your human grows! I just love Venus Fly Traps and the pitcher plants. It's amazing how they are able to catch their own prey!"

{67--7--7}
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/15/2007 6:43 PM

Arabella followed right in the footsteps of the Blood Kuhna, just behind. Her eyes danced around the setting momentarily before flashing over to meet Morath's own eyes back. For once, she settled herself into sitting down. Her tails wrapped around her paws. Something had told her to be a little more serious now, even if she was always herself. This was another part of that. "It almost seemed like we'd never speak again, you know?" She started, clearly happy that they had this time to speak together now.

Torren didn't appear to be jumping to any conclusions. If anything, he'd already learned that everyone had their differences. "Strategy is almost everywhere. All the details of battle, no doubt about it. Troop movement, specific aim of a weapon, the calculation of one's destruction capability, the movements made in order to use a weapon. Domino effects are rather interesting strategies at times."

For a fleeting moment, Wro was almost bemused by how it seemed that most of the offspring of her mother and father, though their species was more to be depressed, that few seemed to act like they were. It appeared that even Roan had his different times.
"Yes yes. Plants that eat other living creatures is quite a unique one. Something that interests me, because of my specific fields of interest, is that all sorts of toxins can be altered to heal, to be a medicine instead of something that kills. This world is such a strange one..." And oh, did she know.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 10/18/2007 5:10 PM

Morath let his gaze travel over Arabella's beauty, wanting this memory to last forever. But there were things that had to be discussed, and little time could be spent on such trifles.
"I know. It felt like years, even if it was only months, at the most..." Morath glanced down at his paws, then looked up to meet Arabella's gaze. "Look...there's things we must discuss...such as...me...and you...being life mates." It was almost hard for the young, Blood Kuhna to say these words. His fear of rejection was high now, but perhaps Arabella's love would still be strong enough for them to stay together.

Roan stared intently at Torren. Perhaps they could be family, as idiotic as it sounded. A disfunctional family. They all shared commen interests, yes, and this break in fighting had proved that they could get along with eachother. "Perhaps..." Roan murmured, not quite paying as much attention. He glanced at Sahnua, who seemed to be enjoying herself very much. At least, for a Sulkuhna.

Sahnua's eyes brightened to a new intensity. They could be a family, with more than just blood relations...perhaps they could begin to love eachother, like brothers and sisters did.
"Perhaps stranger than any of us think," Sahnua mewed. "There's so little time to explore every inch of this world, yet we still search for answers."

{Sorry for not posting for so long. I've been busy. T-T Too much school. Ick.}
{68--8--8}
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next