Wanting to spend all that hard earned KS? Well here's the place to do it!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Evelon's Marketplace

Re: .:Toys and Trinkets:.

Postby Freezair » 10/30/2013 5:00 PM

The curly-haired young woman strode into the shop, clutching a canvas bag beneath her arm. Her wild, red curls were pinned back behind her head with an oil-stained checkered handkerchief, and brown and black smudges dotted her overalls. But rather than oil, grease, and machinery, there was a curious, peppermint-sceneted air around her. And it was not a perfume. It was too rich and sweet to be a perfume. Rather than that, it seemed as if wherever she fixed her machinery--for what else could she do, looking like she did--it was in the middle of some vast, candy-making operation.

"Well howdy there," she said, flashing a smile at the shopkeeper. "Ah got sum old toys here the kids jus' don' play with anymore, an' Ah'm a-fixin' ter exchange 'em for some puzzle pieces, like." She opened her canvas bag, and laid a battered old top hat--clearly been through many, many games of dress-up over the years--and an old pink watch, which, although it kept ticking, seemed to have a very smudged face.

ImageImage

{Puzzle piece(s) sent}

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 11/02/2013 12:51 AM

The oddly winged Meji skipped into the shop, a bright smile on her features. Her entire body was illuminated with a greenish glow that appeared to come directly from her, expressing her excitement. She bowed to the artist, Canvas, sweeping her top hat off her head in the process, was one may have expected from a gentleman. Although she was by no means a gentleman, Clone was nothing if not polite in these sorts of situations.

"Hello, there, Canvas, Sir. A little birdie told me that you wanted to jump into the fun festivities this year and are exchanging toys for puzzle pieces. If this is true, I have a candy top hat and a white ribbon top hat that I would like to exchange, pretty please. I do so very much adore them, but they are the only toys that I have of my own to trade in." As she explained her situation, Clone reached her paw-hand into her own top hat and seemed to be digging around, a frown on her face after a few moments. "Now where did I put them!?" With no luck finding what she wanted, the Meji began to toss several pieces of candy onto the floor, along with broken eggshells, paper notes, glow sticks, and a grand variety of other things. Eventually, pulled one top hat out and then the other, it being quite a sight to behold as she pulled top hats from a top hat. "Here we go!" she exclaimed. "These are them! They're precious, so I hope someone else can make good use of them!" After handing them over quickly, she proceeded to return everything else to her hat.

Image Image

{Puzzle piece(s) sent}

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/02/2013 1:24 PM

'This can't be happening' thought Gabriel, as he looked in disgust at the rows and rows of toys lined up in the shop window. He had complained bitterly about being sent out to get the candy, but compared to this that was easy. What on earth could she be thinking, sending a zombunny into a toy shop to purchase something? What would happen if the shop was full of children?

He sighed; she probably wouldn't care, given that it was halloween - more or less - and the kids would probably be thrilled at having a zombie around. It wasn't as if he was going to eat them, after all; he just didn't fancy a game of where-did-you-put-my-arm/leg/tail/skull. It wasn't easy being a rotting corpse.

He growled as he made his way to the counter, and faced the shopkeeper with slight contempt. "Good evening; I would like to purchase One Toy Mouse and One Generic Pink Watch please. The Keystones are here; thank you very much." And with that, Gabriel sat back to wait for his order to be filled.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2056
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/02/2013 1:31 PM

Gabriel stomped back into the shop, clutching his purchases; they were only a few hours old, and he had just had enough time to cart them home before he was being made to bring them back... only to exchange them. Why couldn't she just have told him the second part of it earlier? It would have made things so much more convenient! He wouldn't have had to run away from that shielupe, for one, and he certainly wouldn't have had to fish his tail out of the guttering. And it was going to be impossible to get the mouldy smell out of his fur; apparently rain didn't agree with it at all.

He groaned as he lifted the slightly soggy toys on the counter, and coughed to attract the shopkeeper's attention. "Pardon me; my apologies, but it seems my... erm... sender, forgot to mention part of her instructions to me last time I came. Apparently, she wishes to exchange this Toy Mouse and Generic Pink Watch for two puzzle pieces please. He glanced with dismay at the small puddle forming under the dripping toys, and opened his mouth again. "I apologise; they got a little damp in the rain."

{Puzzle piece(s) sent}
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2056
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 11/02/2013 3:37 PM

Fluttercruel stuck her head into the store, peering around curiously, before walking up to the counter. She had noticed some odd toys, and she wanted to confirm her suspicions. When she saw the display, she actually made a soft "squee" noise.

"Ooh, I'd like a Disfigured Doom Kitty Plush and a Broken Honeydew Plush!" she exclaimed, staring eagerly at the needles and torn threads of the two objects. Her mother wouldn't approve, probably, but she wasn't here anyways!
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 11/02/2013 3:42 PM

A few hours after Fluttercruel had gone skipping out the door with her new purchases, her mother entered the shop, a cloth bag held in her claws and a stern look on her face.

"My daughter did not have permission to purchase these toys," she said. "I told her that such things were to be reserved for when she was further along in her lessons, but she did not listen. I have done my best to repair them a little." She paused, looking at one of the posters on the desk. "If you wouldn't mind, though," she said, in a gentler tone, "I'd like to trade this Disfigured Doom Kitty Plush and Broken Honeydew Plush for two puzzle pieces, instead of a refund." That would probably make Fluttercruel a bit happier.

She opened the bag, taking out the two plush dolls. She had, indeed, done her best to fix some of their more misshapen parts, but they were nowhere near their "finished" counterparts.

{Puzzle piece(s) sent}
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 11/09/2013 11:48 PM

The toys and trinkets wasn't a shop that really interested him. The Breeding Area and the potions were more interesting to him, considering the results. Coming here, however, didn't really bring in any rewards or worth, in the long run. Whereas the items obtained as keys or potions could be kept until the right time, the same couldn't be said for the toys. They had no real purpose to him personally. That didn't stop others from enjoying the shop, but for his purposes, that was why he never bothered to come.

That was, until today. The truth was that his watch had broken. How could he be expected to snatch keys and potions if he couldn't get a good idea of the current time? He'd heard that this little shop sold watches, and it sounded like a fair reason to visit the toy shop.

He stopped at the counter and dropped the keystones on it right away. "Good evening. I'd like to buy a Generic Black Watch, please," he ordered, pushing the money forward. As soon as his order was processed and the watch was handed to him, he put it on his wrist and headed off the shop.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 11/10/2013 3:22 AM

It was relatively early in the morning, but still a few hours after the opening of the shop. It was a quiet day with barely any clouds, which allowed for the sun to shine brightly above. It was a nice feeling, considering the cool air of the morning. It was a lonely way to the little toy shop, but the quiet atmosphere was also welcome, considering how busy things could get around this area.

On that fine day, two good friends were on their way to the shop, for a good cause. A man and a woman, seemingly of the same social rank, with the man carrying a large box.
ImageImage
The man was dressed nicely and professionally, wearing a business suit with a small crosstie in place of a generic tie. His long, strand-like black hair was tied into a long, tight ponytail that waved along behind him as he carried the large brown box in his hands. A peculiar ring sat in his right hand, with a strange, yet beautiful stone shining under the light. It was definitely unique, with no other ring looking like this one in the entire world.

The woman was fancier than her partner. Her own medium, thick black hair went down to her shoulder blades, with a thick strand covering the left side of her face. A massive, fancy white feather boa curled around her neck, with a matching white dress that fit her form perfectly and stopped right below her knees. Her matching black and white heels were the only reason why she was almost as tall as her partner. Despite her monochrome design, the woman carried makeup on her face to highlight her features, and jewelry all over her body shone under the light. The necklace around her neck was the most particular of them all, having an intricate and unique design with a beautiful, lush blue stone that glittered with the faint outline of a dragonfly. Despite the two looking rich and professional, the woman was definitely the most elevated of the two.

She was also the grumpiest, but not because she'd had to wake up early. No, the woman was frowning and keeping her arms crossed in a pouting manner simply because of what they were doing. "Shaindel, my dear, I'm reconsidering this decision," she announced to her partner, turning to him in order to look at him. "Must we really do this?"

When the woman spoke, the man turned his head to face her, blinking. "Mairwen, you're the one who told me you needed to 'clean your house'. Getting rid of these dusty things that you haven't used is the first step in doing that," he reminded her calmly, although internally he was hoping the woman wouldn't argue about this issue too much.

Although Shaindel had been raised in a rich family — his father being one of the most powerful and famous attorneys in the land — he'd never truly been raised to be egotistical, materialistic, or narcissistic. He'd been raised with good manners, good values, and it was simply in him to be kind to others. While he appreciated money like the next person, he saw it simply as a convenience, and not as a means to happiness.

His good friend, Mairwen, had been raised in a completely different way. She was the eldest daughter of the Meriwether family, a ridiculously powerful and rich family whose wealth probably could not be rivalled by anyone. Because of their incredible wealth and resources, the firstborn child had been spoiled rotten and raised mostly by the family butlers and servants. Shaindel remembered their days of youth when Mairwen was absolutely despicable and shallow: back in the days when the woman wouldn't even want to look at him or talk to him due to the difference in status and wealth.

Despite her wealth, life had not been kind to Mairwen. The shallow, egotistical and materialistic woman had gone from an unbearable spoiled drama queen to a kind, fair woman who learned the value of honest hard work. After a fatal injury that caused her to lose her left eye and after the tragic death of one of her sisters, Mairwen learned that life had more to offer than money and material possessions. Although she was still a work in progress at times, Shaindel could confirm that the woman had made incredible progress in getting over her shallow habits.

Today was one of those hard days for Mairwen. Although she'd moved out of the familial home years ago, the woman found herself feeling claustrophobic from all the things that were in her house: and considering her standards, one could simply imagine the size of said house. Upon having mentioned this problem, she sought the help of her good friend. Shaindel, who wasn't particularly attached to things, was the best person to ask for this project.

Therein lied the problem: he was too perfect for the task. Admittedly, Mairwen hadn't expected him to be... so very diligent and fast about the whole thing. "Yes, well, that may be true..." she argued back, tapping a finger to her chin, "... but you barely left me any time to think this through."

"I thought you asking me to help you meant that you had thought about it," Shaindel pointed out, still keeping his temper and voice calm. He knew he would have to reason with her, and playing this game with Mairwen could sometimes turn out to be quite the ride. "It's already in the box, Mairwen. Think about it this way: if you keep emptying your house with one of these every few weeks, imagine how much space you'll gain over time," he added right away without giving her any time to reply to him. He had to encourage her, somehow, in order to keep her will strong.

There was a sign from the woman, but she didn't say anything. "Well, if anything, I can always buy them if I want them again..." she whispered to herself, so quietly that it simply sounded like some incomprehensible mumble to Shaindel.

"What?" he questioned in response to the mumbling, considering he hadn't heard whatever Mairwen had said.

"Oh, nothing, Shaindel, dear," Mairwen answered quickly before subtly biting her lip and turning her eye away. "Oh, here we are, already," she quickly added afterwards, changing the subject immediately to stop Shaindel from dwelling on whatever she'd whispered prior. "We can get this over with quickly, now." The sooner they would get this over with, the sooner her pain would go away.

Shaindel would've tried to question Mairwen on whatever she was hiding, but he had no time to do so as the two reached the entrance to the little toy shop. Mairwen was kind enough to keep the door open for him, even if every single book on good manners would tell you that the man should be the one opening the door. Fortunately for Shaindel, such things were no longer absolute rules for Mairwen, but rather simple guidelines. Had it been the former, he would've had to put down the box in order to open the door for her, while somehow dragging the box inside while keeping the door open.

As they stepped inside the rather desolate shop, the two headed straight for the counter, where Shaindel dropped the box. The things inside jingled with various sounds, and whatever they were, they all sounded like they were items from this shop that were no longer needed. "Good morning," Shaindel greeted, bowing quickly and shortly as a simple display of manner. "We were doing some cleaning when we came across this wares. They are no longer serving us any purpose, so we thought perhaps we could bring them back to you, to do as you see fit," he explained, pushing the box towards the clerk. "I hear you're having a small promotion if we bring back these items. We're happy to get whatever you're offering."

"Most certainly if you are offering rare, expensive items," Mairwen chipped in excitedly, but she fell silent when Shaindel shot her a stare.

"We'll accept anything you have, regardless of rarity or value," he corrected to the clerk before turning back to Mairwen calmly. "Won't we, Mairwen?"

There was only silence between the two for a few seconds, as the woman bit her lip slightly. Ah, the pain she was going through right now in order to pull through this ordeal, if only to please him! "Ah, but... of course," she eventually added, although her forced smile somewhat contradicted her words.

"As for what's left in this box... You can do whatever you want with them. They're still in good condition, so please feel free to give them to the poor or the sick children," Shaindel offered, knowing that, despite her still present shallowness, Mairwen would agree on that suggestion.

Indeed she did, although she followed Shaindel's suggestion with a short pause. "Yes. Please, do that," she agreed, her voice, this time, truly sounding genuine and honest. "If they can go to someone who needs it more than we do." And really, when you put it like that, there truly were a lot of people who needed these trinkets more than she did. It made the ordeal a lot more bearable, and not only that, but it also made it worth it to let go of those neglected items.

[ To make it clear, I'm exchanging one (1) Shi'Hana Doll and one (1) Generic Black Watch for two puzzle pieces for Halloween. I already owned the doll, and I bought the black watch in the post above. ]

{Puzzle piece(s) sent}
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 11/12/2013 11:31 AM

ImageImage
"Daddy said you would get me toys!" If Screwball was anything, she was persistent. The small pink and white dragon hovered a few inches off the ground, feathered tail flapping to move her forward. Though her eyes refused to focus on anything for more than a few seconds, she managed to take in most of the store with her flickering, chameleon-like manner. With a dopey grin on her face, she picked up any manner of toy and pushed it to her face before putting it back.

Thunderlane rolled his eyes, following her around slowly. "And I said I would! You haven't picked anything yet!" This was such an annoying job, and he didn't even know how he got roped into it. Oh, yeah. He was afraid of what Discord might do to him if refused to babysit this weirdo. He closed his eyes and shook his head, and the moment he looked back, she was gone. "Hey!"

Screwball popped her head up from behind one of the displays, a plain collar around one of her horns and a little toy mouse on her snout. "These!" she announced, highly pleased with herself.

"Fine, but you'll be bored of them in five minutes." While he hated shelling out money for some stupid trinkets he would have to come back and return so soon, he would have hated what her dad might do to him if he didn't.

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1007
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 11/12/2013 11:41 AM

Sure enough, not ten minutes after leaving the store, Screwball had realized that the toys she had asked for were, in fact, not as interesting as she had first thought. Part of that was due to the fact that she was just attracted to the keywords on the mouse, "fun" and "addictive" among them, while not realizing that it was entirely meant for cats and would probably be boring for a dragon-creature, and part of it was because, well, collars were more of a practical thing than a plaything. With no cat to play with and no proper way to make use of the collar, they quickly became things she had to carry around and things she no longer wanted.

Thunderlane found himself back in the toystore, thoroughly displeased that his prediction had come true. "Look, I'm sorry," he said to the paint-splattered guy behind the counter, "but that, uh, girl I came in with earlier picked up the wrong kind of toys, so I've brought them back- a toy mouse and a plain collar. She didn't tell me to get anything for her in return, so I guess I get to pick, yeah? Those puzzle pieces could be useful... Can I get some of those?"

{Puzzle piece(s) sent}

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1007
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 11/12/2013 11:59 AM

A female diosol fluttered into the shop, a bag of keystones in her paws. She knew she should have come in earlier, but she hadn't had the time. Her residents didn't like to go out on their own to buy things often, so she was stuck with the job. Too bad if they had to wait longer! She had other things to do. More important things.  "I'd like a um, tan fedora and a toy mouse please," she told the man at the counter once she'd shopped around a little while. She handed the keystones over to the man and then took her items home. She hoped that the order still stood for what her residents wanted.

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 11/12/2013 12:04 PM

It was not long before the very same diosol was back. She wore a very disgruntled, angry face this time. Those darn people! They'd changed their minds! They didn't want the hat and toy anymore. She could just wring their necks when they did these things to her. So she was back in the shop, the items clutched in her small paws. "I need to return these," she said with a grimace. She read the note about returning items for puzzle pieces and almost jumped with joy. She'd get something in return for them, forget getting the keystones back for those pesky people. "If I could, I'd like to exchange this tan fedora and toy mouse for puzzle pieces, please," she told the main.

{Puzzle piece(s) sent}

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Postby Shieba » 11/12/2013 9:57 PM

Lelouch entered the toy shop and looked around. He had been told to buy something here that wasn't a bunny plushie, which was really pretty mean. It was supposed to teach him how to deal with money better or something like that. Adults were odd! Of course, his gaze immediately went to the Cuniflare plushies. They were so cute! He really wanted them, but his Daddy sure would bring them back and scold him if he bought them, so he had to buy something else. Just what? Maybe something for his Daddy so that he would be happy (and Lelouch would maybe then get the bunny-plushies)? That was probably worth a shot. Making his way to the counter, Lelouch dropped off the KS he had gotten. "I'd like two (2) Black Fedoras, please." He wasn't even sure what that was - he had just read the description. They just looked like normal hats to him.

I know my dreams are made of you
Of you and only for you
Your ocean pulls me under
Your voice tears me asunder
Love me before the last petal falls

However cold the wind and rain
I'll be there to ease your pain
However cruel the mirrors of sin
Remember beauty is found within

*~*~*Pen*~*~*Wishlist*~*~*Imp. Docs*~*~*
Shieba
Well-Traveled Specialist
Well-Traveled Specialist
Pets | Items
Keystones: 213
Donate

Postby Shieba » 11/12/2013 10:00 PM

Only a few minutes after the little Fellox boy had left the shop, another Fellox entered. Zeo made his way to the counter and sighed. "Hey, could I maybe trade these two (2) Black Fedoras in for these puzzle pieces you offer?" He put the hats his son had brought him down. He never wore hats, so he had no idea why Lelouch had bought them and not some other toy. Of course Zeo knew that Lelouch wanted the bunny-plushies, but he had to stand his ground there. Still, he had felt bad for his son and had therefore allowed him to buy some other toys...only to get hats. Maybe Lelouch had wanted to bribe him? That was actually pretty likely. Well, at least they got some use out of the hats now.

{Puzzle piece(s) sent}

I know my dreams are made of you
Of you and only for you
Your ocean pulls me under
Your voice tears me asunder
Love me before the last petal falls

However cold the wind and rain
I'll be there to ease your pain
However cruel the mirrors of sin
Remember beauty is found within

*~*~*Pen*~*~*Wishlist*~*~*Imp. Docs*~*~*
Shieba
Well-Traveled Specialist
Well-Traveled Specialist
Pets | Items
Keystones: 213
Donate

Postby Sarah » 07/06/2016 12:11 AM

Kail had heard only a little about this shop. It wasn't one he'd thought about much lately as he was no longer a child. It seemed that Sarah had come into some need for toys. Oh well, he'd been out and about anyway so he decided to pop in and pick some things up. Kail looked at the laughably long list he'd been given. "I need one toy mouse, one tabby doll, one siamese doll, one russian blue doll, one calico doll, one chaos kitty doll, one Lord Baal Doll, and two Kree Dolls," he said. "Here are the key stones I owe," he added quickly.

[Paid; 165 KS]
[Recorded]
-
-
-
-
-

G̵u̴i̶d̶e̶ m̸̹̍e̶̫͝ ȋ̴͙̗͒͗ņ̸̈͂ţ̶̯̣̥̦̎͗͒ổ̴̭̙̻̄̉ D̸̡̛̦̗̋͗̊̃̌̕͜ä̴̡̳̬͔̩̳̫͔̯̙͔̬͉̱̯̊̄̒̏ŗ̷̟̱͚̻̠̠͔̥̺͔͔̰͙̝͉̃̆͊̉ͅk̸̡̡͔̫̼̱̬̭͓̮͙͔̀̑̇̊̐̊͆̍̏̃ͅn̴̢̫͔͕̤̖̳̠̘̩̙̍͋͌́̍̊̈̓̂́̈̕̕͘͝͝ȇ̶̢̢̡̛̦͓̟̾̈̐̐̈́͊̑͠͝s̵̢̧̛͉̼̮̫̝̰̟͙̭̦͇̮̥͈͖̅͋͑̾̈͋̐͘͝s̴̨̢̧̨͚̗̗̹̱̞͉͖̻̰̹͓̲̎̊̒̈́̿̏͑͝͝
-
-
-
-
-
-

Documents :: Rentals :: Wishlist :: Journal
Sarah
Well-Traveled Specialist
Well-Traveled Specialist
Pets | Items
Keystones: 6401