Wanting to spend all that hard earned KS? Well here's the place to do it!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Evelon's Marketplace

.:Salvis's Salvage Saloon:.

Postby .:The Marketplace:. » 07/10/2015 4:31 PM

~**~

Just outside of Jawan, word had it that a peculiar fellow had taken up residence in an old, wrecked train. More interestingly, you had heard that he paid those willing to hand an unwanted pet or two over to him. From the exterior, the train was covered in all matter of moss, vines, and various plant growth. At first, you weren't so certain that anyone actually lived there. Perhaps it was all a myth perpetuated by individuals catching sight of the occasional teenagers using the train for a secret get together or for various exchanges that went on between people. One of the doors, while rusted and covered with plants, was left slightly ajar though, as if enticing you to enter and see for yourself.

The first cart looked little different than the outside did, though as you moved further back various trinkets could be seen ranging from blankets to books, and even clothes scattered about, all of which were in much better condition than the train. As you arrived at the middle cart, you were greeted by the door sliding open, someone's fingers effortlessly shoving it to the side.

"Oh! A guest!" It was hard to tell if the tall, slender man that greeted you in the doorway had a lisp or if he purposely drew out the 'S' slightly. He appeared to be dressed nicely with a pinstripe button up shirt and slacks, far too nice to be living in this dump. "My name is Salvis, and I'd like to welcome you to the Saloon," he continued on, stepping backward and indicating for you to set in to the next cart with an outstretched hand. This cart, obviously once used as some sort of lounge or perhaps even restaurant when the train was fully functional, looked as though it had been diligently taken care of. It was almost as if it had never crashed.

He drifted away, moving behind the bar to sit down with a wide grin across his pale face. "So then," words came forth again as he rested the back of his head on his hand, fingers hidden under strands of black hair. "I take it you've got a few pets you're wanting to get rid of? I'm a bit ah.... picky, so there are only certain pets I am looking for, but if you have them you're certainly in the right place. I'm afraid I can't offer you much for them, but hey! Better than nothing, right?" As he indicated for you to sit down on the other side of the bar, Salvis began to talk about what pets he was seeking and what he was willing to give for them, along with plenty of other stipulations.

[Information]

° This thread follows all Marketplace Rules. Additional rules and information specific to this shop are listed below.

° Each month, Salvis will be be willing to purchase pets from you, for which he is willing to give you Keystones for. Sometimes he may offer something else on rare occasion.

° How much Salvis is willing to offer on a pet is based on a pricing chart, which is based on categories. He will give the least for pets that were once free, while seasonals are purchased based on their original price. Be aware that you may be able to get another user to buy your pet from you for more Salvis is willing to pay! If you just can't seem to get a pet to sell or just really need those Keystones though, this is the place for you.

° So we do not flood the system with Keystones, you may only offer Salvis up to 3 pets total per month.
       ° For example, you may sell him 3 Treasure Rollabies or 2 Treasure Rollabies and 1 Ara Tali,
        but not 3 Treasure Rollabies and 3 Ara Tali.

* Only one breedable pet (Kuhnas, Lucain, Paraon, Soveris, Diosols) may be turned in per month. (And, yes, it is counted toward your total 3 pets per month.)

* Images and lineages must be included when turning in any breedable pet; and species, too, for Kuhnas.

* Only breedables without breeding restrictions may be turned in.

° Seasonal/Event breedables, like the Merkuhna and Imperial/Purine Lucain will be purchased based on their original values.

[Price Chart]

Seasonals - KS obtained; Original price - 5 KS
       Example; Bobcat Slynx: 105 KS (original price) - 5 KS = 100 KS payout

Seasonals - GT obtained; Original GT price * 20 KS
       Example; Clown Seamare: 4 GT (original price) * 20 KS = 80 KS payout

Seasonals - CP obtained; Original CP price * 10 KS [Caps at 250 KS]
       Example; Misprint Corbine: 24 CP (original price) * 10 KS = 240 KS payout

Seasonals - Riddle/Puzzle obtained; 50 KS

War pets - BP obtained; Original BP price * 10 KS
       Example; Royal Baskerville: 20 BP (original price) * 10 KS = 200 KS payout

War pets - Wave/event obtained;         100 KS

Special Event Pets;  100 KS

Special Event Pets - obtained through participation;  50 KS

Wild pets; 100 KS

Retired/Other originally free pets; 25 KS

Lucain/Paragon/Soveris/Diosol; 100 KS

Kuhnas; 75 KS
.:The Marketplace:.
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 262049
Donate

Re: .:Salvis's Salvage Saloon:.

Postby Mousen » 07/12/2015 1:19 PM

Chester was surprised to be the only one here. He'd assumed word would have spread by now, and other people in need of the funds Salvis was offering would be lining up with their unwanted pets. Perhaps, he mused, he was just a little early. As it happened, he did have a habit of getting up rather early. Being what he was, Chester didn't ever sleep much.

He was on an errand again, much to his chagrin. It wasn't as if he didn't have better things to do back home. There was the silver to clean, breakfast to begin preparing, and if he was honest with himself, it was really about time to have another go at organizing the library. In comparison with his domestic duties, this seemed rather petty in comparison. Surely, Alice or Boris could have gone in his stead? Then again, it did involve money, perhaps he was the only member of the household Mousen trusted to bring back the keystones unspent.

Either way, there was no point in dragging it out any further. Chester, small in stature, and dressed entirely in black, approached the much taller man. "I do believe we're in possession of three Marbled Terratops. I take it you'd be interested in them?" he paused, unsure of how to continue. "If you're willing to take them off of my hands, I can send them along presently?"

((Not sure if I've done this right. So, sorry if I haven't! Just to confirm: I'm trading in three Marbled Terratops for KS))

{Pets accepted}

{Reclassified Retroactive Payout Sent}

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby Kyrit » 07/12/2015 2:46 PM

It was an odd place for sure, but Lizz wasn't going to turn around just because of the interesting setting. She'd seen Phil set up shop in some pretty odd places throughout the years after all. Not to mention, she was here for a reason. She needed some quick cash, and rounding up a few pets wasn't a hard task. It was a little odd that he was willing to take in all of these pets, but oh well. What he did with them wasn't any of her business, nor did she care to make it her business. "It's not exactly easy getting a Terratops to stay around while I came to talk to you, you know." She placed down a bag on the counter, which based on the movement within probably contained an Anera or two. "I tied it down to the train, though if you want to keep it around you might want to go secure it yourself."

Turning in;
Marbled Terratops 1
Anera 2

{Pets accepted}

// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1590
Donate

Postby Indigo » 07/12/2015 3:54 PM

Things had been rather crowded in the office lately. Cato was doing some sort of genetic research, or something; she'd been uncharacteristically quiet about the whole thing, which Zoe took to mean it hadn't been going terribly well. Nonetheless, she had kept at it, piles of notes appearing on her desk overnight, a drawer full of pond water sloshing all over the floor. She didn't appear to be sleeping much. And all the time new creatures coming in, sometimes too big to fit through the door. It was beginning to get very crowded in the little rented office.

So Zoe had made an executive decision. She hadn't taken everything, because she had limited patience for controlling unruly animals and because Cato would have bitten her ear off. But the project was clearly making Cato miserable, and Zoe thought getting rid of some of the more disruptive subjects would help to dissuade her, not to mention make it possible for Zoe herself to work again.

The Terratops had been surprisingly cooperative just as long as she kept them close together, which was necessary to fit them through the streets anyway. The Anera had been a bit too slippery to hold onto but eventually she'd gotten it to stay in a box. She left the Terratops outside and set the box down almost as soon as she was in, and said, "Right. Take these things away, please. I don't care what you do with them."

Turning in: Marbled Terratops x2 and Anera x1

{Pets accepted}

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 07/12/2015 3:58 PM

ImageImage
"You sure you've got 'em, Mabel?" Dipper winced as one of the large dinosaurs snorted a blast of hot air at his head, nearly knocking his hat off. Mabel seemed to be doing just fine leading the two huge beasts around with tiny leashes and collars attached to their nose horns. Mabel grinned and gave him a thumbs-up, looking absolutely giddy with her new temporary pets, and promptly went back to chatting with the two hulking creatures as Dipper darted up to the dilapidated old train and peered inside. Slightly intimidated by the tall man, Dipper drew himself up and put on a smile. "Hey there, sir! We heard you were looking for some oddities? Or... something? Yeah, we uh--found these two things in the woods, actually. They were making a huge mess of the place, so we figured we'd bring them here!"
Turning in:
2 Marbled Terratops

{Pets accepted}

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Thunder » 07/19/2015 9:53 PM

ImageImage

The doctor seemed like just the right kind of person to walk up to a seemingly abandoned train car. He was leading a Marbled Terratops on a leash, and the dinosaur followed him with an almost unsettling placidity. It still took a bit of time to fit it inside the train, but eventually both man and beast were standing in front of Salvis. Shuu cleared his throat and adjusted his glasses. "I'm here to give this creature to you. It has...served its purpose, and I no longer need it."

((Turning in 1 Marbled Terratops.))

{Pets accepted}

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 07/21/2015 1:55 PM

The strange location didn't seem to deter the fair skinned, dark haired man. The little operation his twin sister ran was probably just as questionable, when it boiled down to it. No one knew what happened to the creatures that were turned into them, which was the same in this situation. Of course, Ace didn't really care all too much. It wasn't any of his business once they were out of his hands.

"Hey, we've had some problems keeping large, fumbling dinosaurs airborne and I'm sick and tired of having to get things cleaned up after them. I've come to trade in three (3) Marbled Terratops for whatever you can give me. They're tied up outside," he began, gesturing with his thumb pointing behind him, "but they're known for chewing through ropes, so I'd go check 'em yourself pretty soon."

{Pets accepted}

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate

Postby Mojave » 07/22/2015 3:15 PM

Tobias entered the shop, a small container in hand. Inside the clear plastic box was some substrate and a lot of leaves, though the two little amphibians were clearly visible against the greenery. They gave soft almost musical croaks when they saw Salvis, hopping behind the leaves to hide. Ignoring this, Tobias strode up to Salvis. "I heard you're offering money for these?" He placed the box down on a counter and crossed his arms businesslike. "These two were just lounging about, I doubt Mojave will miss them. So how much dough are we talking about for these two little guys?"

ImageImage

{Pets accepted}
Pen . Docs . Sales . Wishes . About . RP Records . Journal . DA . FR
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 584
Donate

Postby Indigo » 08/01/2015 4:43 PM

Thistle had only really needed the creature temporarily, long enough for its form and behaviors to be absorbed into the artifact, so she could use them. She usually didn't keep such pets for very long, because it tended to get rather expensive to feed them. But then there had been Arthur's friend's little problem, and the relevant training had taken up quite a lot of her evenings, and she had sort of forgotten the little rabbity thing hadn't been there the whole time. Besides, what was she going to do about it? Arthur didn't like pets, and she didn't know anyone else who she'd trust to take care of it properly.

But she couldn't feed it forever, so when she'd heard someone was buying them she was more relieved than she'd ever been. The creature seemed to sense her intent and she'd spent hours looking under furniture for it but eventually she'd coaxed it into the box. She slid it across the bar, a touch faster than was probably advisable.

Turning in: Leplora x1

{Pets accepted}
Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 08/19/2015 2:27 PM

She had no idea why her roommate insisted on keeping the thing, but Micah let it slide for a year or two. That is, until said roomie decided she couldn't keep feeding it anymore, especially as a college student. Micah had let her know that there was someone who was able to take it in and more than likely give it a good home. Said person would take in her little... accident of a pet she took home and kept secret too. "Hey... I have a couple of pets here that I would like to... drop off," she blew a whistle and a riopath and leplora came in, "This Riopath and Leplora are being turned over. Thanks," she gave a quick smile and began to left. Good... she really wasn't fond of rabbits to begin with.

Turning in: Riopath x1
Leplora x1

{Pets accepted}
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Thunder » 09/01/2015 3:41 PM

The man who walked into the Saloon next had an unsettling air about him. There was the strange sense that he wasn't quite human, yet it wasn't obvious what he was, if not that. He had with him two bags that held suspiciously lumpy contents. These he dropped at the Saloon's entrance before clearing his throat and addressing Salvis.

"Greetings. I have brought a few creatures that I believe are...to your liking."

((Turning in 2 Dreamsnare Sygriff and 1 Present Bandol.))

{Pets accepted}

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 10/02/2015 1:35 PM

Crow glanced down at the burlap sack in his hands, peering into it with something like a wincing expression on his face. It was almost as if he half expected the toys inside to look up at him with sad puppy-eyes. He closed it again, sighing heavily, then opened it once more and addressed the toys inside directly. "Look, I know. It seems really unfair, but you'll be fixed up nice and pretty here," he said with a small smile, cradling the bottom of the sack in the corner of his arm, so the toys weren't so packed together by gravity. "It's no good for you guys to just waste away at the dump like that." Crow blinked as he entered the building in question, his mouth making a thin line of thought. He hoped this place did what it said it did; 'salvage' was, after all, a kind word. "Hey there," he said, walking up to the desk with a practiced smirk. He set the bag down, but didn't take his hand off quite yet; somehow, he felt a strange kinship in this moment to the broken toys in the bag. It felt strange, a clinging feeling somewhere in the circuits of his brain that didn't quite want to settle. "Um... take care of these, yeah? Be gentle with them."
ImageImageImage

{Pets accepted}

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Thunder » 10/02/2015 4:08 PM

Well, this place was certainly interesting. It wasn't every day you found abandoned, overrun-by-nature trains sitting around, and Ven wondered what could have happened to get it to this state. Perhaps the train had suffered a permanent mechanical malfunction. That would be a coincidence, considering he was here today for somewhat similar reasons.

He had following him a bunch of glitched up Clockwork creatures. They moved erratically, something in their programming flawed to the point where Ven's lab didn't want them anymore. He knocked before entering the train and presented the creatures to Salvis. "Um, hello," he said. "I was told to give these to you. Not sure what you want with them, but they're yours."

((Turning in 2 Clockwork Choopas and 1 Clockwork Hollowheart.))

{Pets accepted}

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Indigo » 10/15/2015 1:55 AM

Normally he would have preferred to make this kind of delivery at the beginning of the month, just to keep things simple, but fate had intervened. Apparently someone had heard of the lab and gotten entirely the wrong idea, because one morning Roman had opened the front door to find a snarling, thrashing Hollowheart chained up outside. It had torn up a good chunk of the poorly-maintained yard and everything. Cyrano, being Cyrano, had wanted to study it, but Roman had made the point that the thing wouldn't fit through the front door and also had a decent chance of killing them both, and had been rewarded with the task of hauling it out to Salvis's.

It wouldn't fit through the train doorway, either, so he rammed its stake into the ground as hard as he could and practically ran inside. "Hello! See that screeching terror beast outside? Well, it's yours now!"

Turning in: Clockwork Hollowheart x1

{Pets accepted}
Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 10/15/2015 5:57 PM

Here he was again. Although, Chester couldn't say he was exactly surprised at the arrangement. It seemed that every time there was an errand to be done, he was asked to be the one to do it. Besides, finances were a little tight at the minute, so it made sense in more than one way for him to be returning here. He'd actually been intending to return at the beginning of the month, and one thing had lead to another and he figured he might as well get it over with before he forgot entirely.

He entered the old train car, not paying too much attention to his surroundings. It'd been awhile since he'd been here, but he remembered the place well enough not to be wary. "I've got 1 clockwork Choopa and 1 Candy Corn Kitrell I'd like to turn in."

Well, that had been simple enough.

{Pets accepted}

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Next