Wanting to spend all that hard earned KS? Well here's the place to do it!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Evelon's Marketplace

Re: .:The Wishing Well:.

Postby zapdragon555 » 12/26/2020 12:59 AM

[Continued from...?]

That tears it. Jigen rolled up his sleeves with full intent to get that damn hat back, but upon staring into the bottomless well, he found all of the bravery and drive in his heart fizzling out with anxiety. There was... really no telling just how deep that thing was. But going without his hat was simply out of the question.

Jigen took a deep breath, and let it out, leaning on the rim of the well and weighing his options. Supposedly, he could get a new hat. Could get one that fit him just right, and would be perfectly suitable to assisting his aim. He wouldn't be a proper gunman without a hat that he could use to aim with. Unless he... learned to do without it.

...No, out of the question. Jigen was ruminating back and forth over it, when suddenly, a huge gust of wind barreled into his back. He cursed in surprise as it sent him tumbling forward, and before he knew it, the small circle of light overhead was shrinking faster and faster, as he began to fall deeper, deeper, down the dark wishing well's endless cavern...

[Raffle post]

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Adelie » 12/26/2020 7:37 AM

"A Reddit post?" Ven said, scrunching up her nose in concentration. "Hmm, I guess I haven't heard anything about that. You don't remember anything else about it, do you? It sounds like it would be useful reference material if I need to include citations."

"Nope," Wolf responded.

"Or... I don't know if this is asking too much, but could you ask your coworker about it later and see if they remember? I can give you my number and you can text me, or something like that." That seemed like a stretch - Wolf didn't really want to give out her phone number, much less ask her teammates about weird rumors they were gossiping about - but she settled for a noncommittal "I'll see what I can do." It wasn't polite to outright refuse, after all, but she could always take the phone number and never do anything with it.

"Hmm," Ven continued, going down her list of questions. "What are your personal thoughts on the story? Do you believe it, or are you a skeptic? And why?"

(raffle post!)
and if you ask how i regret that parting:
it is like the flowers falling at spring's end
confused, whirled in a tangle.

what is the use of talking, and there is no end of talking,
there is no end of things in the heart.

ezra pound, exile's letter
zoo pen | journal | wishlist
Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2255
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 12/26/2020 1:21 PM

The Ilos floated up to the well, looking around nervously. She'd never heard of this place before. But Camarin had encouraged her to go to more places on her own, and this seemed like a simple enough start. She'd even given Elidia her own bag of Keystones. She frowned as she sifted through them, unsure how much would make for a good offering. Finally, she just dumped the whole bag in.

"...I just want to understand this world better," she said at last. "Really, that's all I can ask for."

[Raffle post]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/26/2020 1:33 PM

He strode through the town, reading a book. The man seemed thoroughly engrossed by the story, taking a moment to stop walking just to laugh at a particular scene. There weren't too many people about at this time of the day, most were at work, so he didn't need to pay much attention to the world around him. As a result, he didn't and wound up nearby a well.

Looking up from his book he murmured something unintelligible before closing it shut with one hand and using the other to lightly touch the stone circle. "Ah, what the heck," the man said before digging around in his pockets to find a single little keystone and dropping it in. Smiling at the fruit of his efforts, he nodded to the well before opening his book and continuing on his walk.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/26/2020 2:23 PM

ImageImage
Lana. Xyshari.

Once more, the women came back to the well and extended their hands over the well. Once more, they opened their hands and let the keystones they had held in their hands fall into the well. When they heard the plunk of the keystones hitting the water, they turned to look at each other, offering bright smiles to each other.

"Another cycle is nearly completed," Lana said, and Xyshari nodded as she smiled.

"Very nearly so," she said. "Though I'd rather not think about how old that makes me."

"Well, my love, you barely look a day over twenty," Lana said, smiling. Xyshari offered a chortling purr as she placed a hand on Lana's cheek, stroking her cheek with her thumb lightly.

"You also barely look a day over twenty, ra svet," Xyshari said, smiling. "Shall we return tomorrow and see if this trend with the strange tickets continues?"

(Raffle post)
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/26/2020 2:27 PM

Gabriel sighed as he leaned over the edge of the well and peered into the murky darkness below. There was no light, and no sound save for the echoing drip of water into an unseen place. He frowned, wondering if this would really work, but then he reminded himself that it wasn't his wish anyway. Rheese had almost begged him to come here for her, and he hadn't had the heart to say no, especially as it was so late into the holiday season.

He held up the Keystone on his hand, and breathed onto it, watching as the smooth surface fogged over in the cold air. He frowned again and nodded, before carefully tipping his hand so the Keystone fell into the darkness, a very faint splashing sound his only indication of what lay deep below.

"Wishing Well, if you can hear me - I wish for a gift for my friend Rheese. I wish for her to be reunited with a friend - another Diosol, like us, but when she curled up she could be mistaken for a pumpkin. I know we were given a second chance, I hope she could be given one, too."

[Raffle Post]
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2201
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 12/26/2020 3:34 PM

Zareya had donned sunglasses and a mask in order to keep from being recognized, but she probably needn't have bothered. The band that she fronted was fairly new, and it was doubtful that they really had many diehard fans just yet. Still, it was fun to wear a disguise when out in public.

The woman waited until the well was abandoned before darting forward. She wanted to make this fast, so that she could make it back to the garage where Toxic Tears was scheduled to practice.

"Okay, so here's my wish," she whispered. "I wish that Toxic Tears would make it big, but remain humble, and stay away from controversy, and that we would all stay close friends and have a really good life and fun times together!" Satisfied that she had managed to fit all of it into one wish (kind of) she turned and hurried back in the direction she had come.

(raffle post)

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7194
Donate

Postby Jedi » 12/26/2020 4:00 PM

Marrow

The wind was low, the sun hidden behind the clouds. Marrow lay on the roof of a flat-top building, merely a few hundred feet from the well. His target, a man in his elderly years that donned a full-body suit of bulletproof armor, had wandered through the streets. As Marrow watched him, he kept the man in his scope as he studied him. There seemed to be a pistol strapped to his hip, and a rifle slung on his back. He was obviously ready for anything. But Marrow didn't like to confront his targets directly. That was foolishness at it's best. He simply watched and waited for a moment to strike.

His target never let any opening, walking to the well. He threw a few coins in it, but Marrow couldn't understand why. That was when he found his opening. There was a slight peak of flesh in his helmet, which Marrow let his scope rest on before he pulled the trigger. click. Nothing. click, click. What was going on? He checked the mag, which now seemed to be empty. He knew that he had filled it before he left on his mission.

Like a mighty wind that bends the trees
We are strong
United
Mates

Imp. Docs - Zoo Pen - Wishlist
Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 22
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 12/26/2020 8:42 PM

Ah, now that was the life. Not much to report when the day consisted of relaxing and doing whatever they wanted. Well, sure, they had woken up earlier than they would've liked, because of good old hunger meddling with their sleep. But frankly, that was but to have something happen. Otherwise, the day had been... a delight. Truly.

And it was good, really, to get up and out to come visit the well. It gave them a little thing to do. And if they could keep accumulating those strange tickets for a few more days? All the better.

The Keystone landed with a distant sploosh.

[Raffle Post]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 12/26/2020 9:52 PM

Piper was happy for the holiday season and excited to start the new year. She pranced up to the well with confidence, pulled a keystone to her lips and began whispering to it.

"It's almost the new year. I've changed so much from who I was at the beginning of the year. I'm happier now, healthier now, and have a wonderful job I adore. Help me to continue to change and get better. Please help me to change in positive ways that I never even knew I could."

Piper tossed the coin into the well and pranced back off towards the office. She had a hunt to finish.

((Raffle Post))
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1243
Donate

Postby Adelie » 12/27/2020 5:08 AM

"I wouldn't say I'm exactly either," Wolf said, biting her lip as she gathered her thoughts on the topic. Sure, she'd come here intending to get to the bottom of the conspiracy herself, but that excuse sounded a little tenuous now, even to herself. Normal people didn't exactly head across town - really, to the next town over - just to stand at a well, as if staring at it would prove anything. "I don't exactly believe in the rumors, but at the same time I'm intrigued by them, and well." She let out a breath she didn't even know she was holding. "It would be nice if they were true."

"So you're skeptical, but open to possibilities?" Ven asked, jotting things down on her notebook. The persistent scritch-scratch of her pen made Wolf a little curious - what was there to write about? It certainly couldn't be what she'd just said, since there was always the recording to go back to, but she hadn't felt like her answer had said anything beyond the mundane and obvious.

"I guess so," she said finally. "I'm not the superstitious type, and a well that grants wishes does sound a little unrealistic. But I'd rather not live in a perfectly ordinary world, either - so it's nice to be able to cling onto hope like that."

(raffle post!)
and if you ask how i regret that parting:
it is like the flowers falling at spring's end
confused, whirled in a tangle.

what is the use of talking, and there is no end of talking,
there is no end of things in the heart.

ezra pound, exile's letter
zoo pen | journal | wishlist
Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2255
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/27/2020 5:39 AM

Today, he had arrived at the well early, having been startled out of bed by Lloyd's antics so that Rheese had found him at the table with a cup of tea clenched in a trembling paw.

He took the Keystone out of his pocket and rubbed it, trying to polish away the stain that marred its surface - he hoped it wouldn't make a difference to whomever granted the wishes.

Sighing, he dropped it into the well and leaned forward until he heard the quiet splash at the bottom. "Hello" he whispered, turning his head to make sure nobody was around to hear him speaking to a well. "I wish for ten Goddess Tears, please - I need to help a friend with their future."

[Raffle Post]
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2201
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 12/27/2020 7:55 AM

Tayne sighed as she walked up to the well. Things had actually been going pretty well recently-Nikey had found some good friends who stuck by him, and she'd actually met a few other Lucain who were quite nice and hadn't lashed out about his nature. So for a while, she just leaned on the edge of the well, looking thoughtful before dropping in a Keystone.

"My life's pretty good, now," she said. "So just...give me a white Christmas, okay?"

[Raffle post]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 12/27/2020 5:56 PM

The last time he had come to the well to people watch, Cory had found himself incredibly inspired. He had written for hours upon finally returning home. He had finished the next few chapters of his book weeks before the deadline!

So he was back again, hoping that the well would do its magic once again. If things went as well with his writing as they did after the last time he had visited the well, he could very well finish his book! So he got out a notebook and a pen to take notes, and then found a nice comfortable place to sit while he watched the people coming and going.

(raffle post)

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7194
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/27/2020 7:09 PM

ImageImage
Lana. Xyshari.

The women returned to the well once again, looking into the well before dropping their keystones in as they had for the past several days. Xyshari and Lana looked at each other for a moment before looking back into the well, and then, at each other once again.

"What do you think this next cycle will bring?" Xyshari asked, her ear flicking beneath her hair.

"Hopefully, better things than this year brought," Lana said. "That festival was fun, but I wish we could have performed together... or, at least, gotten an appropriate chance to celebrate our anniversary," she said.

"That would've been nice, yes," Xyshari said, smiling fondly.

(Raffle post)
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

PreviousNext