Wanting to spend all that hard earned KS? Well here's the place to do it!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Evelon's Marketplace

.:The Wishing Well:.

Postby .:The Marketplace:. » 09/01/2016 12:43 PM

You heard from some local town gossip about a well just on the outskirts of Nabias, near the more impoverished part of town that seems more humble than the rest of the place. The ground here gives way to the dead leaves deposited there by the nearby jungle's edge, and the buildings here are more open to the humidity and heat, covered in thick carpets of moss.

There is a well , sheltered by a small stone 'housing' seemingly made by hand. It is dark, and you cannot see its interior from the outside, only a cold, inviting darkness. It seems to be only slightly taller than a person, clearly enough room for only a few to huddle inside, and you smell the cool, musty scent of water inside, as the jungle sounds all around envelope you...

Rumor has it that you may drop a coin onto this mysterious well, whose depth seems endless. First, you must speak to the well and wish, telling your hearts desire.  If you are lucky enough and looked highly upon by the Holy Triumvirate themselves and are here at the right time and place, supposedly, your will find you in your travels. Perhaps, you could even wish a blessing upon someone else dear to you.

So, do you believe in miracles? Why not try a coin or two...

[Information]

° This thread follows all Marketplace Rules where applicable. Additional rules and information specific to this shop are listed below.

° There is no fee for submitting a wish, but there is no guarantee that your wish will be granted.

° Users may make a maximum of 4 wishes per year, only 1 of which may be a custom or custom token.

° Users may wish for any item, existing pet, or service available on the forums with the exception of;
       Chaos Elixirs
       Creating a new species

° Examples of wishes include, but are not limited to;
       Existing pets; Kuhnas, retired pets, seasonals, ect.
       Existing items; potions, toys, grab bag items, ect.
       Evo-Lux/Scintilla requests
       Keystones/GT
       Room Keys
Please do not send me any PMs asking questions. If you have any questions about the Marketplace, post them in the help section or message a staff member. This is only an account used for sending out Marketplace orders and collecting your delicious currencies.
.:The Marketplace:.
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 262049
Donate

Re: .:The Wishing Well:.

Postby Night » 11/11/2016 6:37 AM

It seemed too easy.

His father had drilled into his head from a young age that nothing was free. Nothing could be achieved or gotten without a bit of hard work; without earning it. Yet here this stood, a monument to good fortune through sheer happenstance. A large part of him didn't believe that the well was legitimately capable of granting his wishes. After all, it was just a rickety old thing, a man made creation built to house the last dregs of human dreams as they were thrown down into the depths. Brendon leaned his elbows against the low stone wall that made up the edges, peering ever downward in an effort to see the glint of keystones at the bottom. Nothing. Just darkness all the way down, with the faintest sound of water lapping against the sides somewhere just beyond what his imagination was capable of filling in.

He pulled a lone keystone from his pocket, balancing it on the edge of his thumb. "Heads I do it, tails I keep my money." He told himself, flicking his thumb upwards and closing his eyes as he flipped and caught the coin in his hand. Heads. That answered that, he supposed.

He didn't know if he believed in magic, but he was willing to give it a shot. What harm was it really, to want something beyond your own means? "I wish... I had a companion. I've always wanted a Panda Shepherd Kuhna... That may be a bit much to ask for, though, so maybe just someone to keep me company?"

I wish for a custom kuhna, based off of A Panda Shepherd, Ref 2
(Or a random custom, if this is difficult?)
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 511
Donate
Location: Come to Crystal Palace on Forbidden Mountain in next 25 mins if you want to fight

Postby crow » 11/14/2016 12:40 AM

Faber wasn't one to believe in magic. He was only here because the other kids were here, and sometimes he liked a little company. He hardly even knew who they were, but that was the great thing about the people of the street; it didn't really matter where or when he was. They looked at you and knew you were one of them, and that was that.

"Hey, come down to the well with us," said a girl, and pressed a penny to his palm. Faber stared at it, dumbfounded.

"Are you sure it's okay?" His worry showed on his face. Money was scarce to begin with, and they were just going to give it to him, to throw it away like this?

The girl shrugged. "They're not worth anything. Not for us, anyway. I hear copper prices are going up but you can bet that's nothing we can work with." Faber didn't really get it, but she grinned at him, and he went along with it because that was what he did. When in Rome...

But now that he was standing at the edge of the well, he found his head was empty. Sure, there were plenty of things he wanted, but... He looked into its depths, sighing a little. It was a grey and drippy day, the cold and the damp of it seeping into him despite his jacket. The well went down and down and down, nothing but dark. He hadn't heard a splash when the others tossed their coins.

He threw his, and watched as the dark swallowed it up. "Well," he said. "They have a friend missing, I guess. Never met him, but I heard he was a nice guy. I hope they find him. Maybe before I have to go--- it'd be nice to meet him once. But no hard feelings if you can't make it happen. I know these things don't always work out the way we want."

Wishing for a Tristiwockee

[Wish Granted]
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 3874
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 11/30/2016 11:01 PM

"I wish to make a wish," the woman said, as she put both hands on the side of the well and leaned over, to look inside. "I meant to make this wish earlier, on the eve of the birthday of someone so very precious to me. I wrote everything out, what I wanted to say, before hand. But, then, I lost it. So I've been hesitating to come. His birthday passed, a few days ago."

"But, I decided that I don't want to give up. Before this month's end, I want to make that wish. So, please, will you here me out? What I am asking for, it's a reminder of that so very precious person. It would make a lovely gift, too. Gifts are great, even late."

As she spoke, she pulled out a coin from the pocket of her long coat. Holding it in the palm of her hand, she looked it over and smiled a little. It was a coin foreign to this world. It was one of the few coins she'd brought as a reminder of her home world. It was precious, in that aspect. But she was asking for something precious, so she had to give something precious in return. That was her logic.

"I don't know if the magic of the well is real. I used to not really believe in magic, because I never saw it with my own eyes. But this world is wonderful. It never ceases to surprise me, so I want to believe in the magic of an old well. Will you, please, grant my wish? I desire a Topaz Stargoyle. It's made of the same stone as the birthstone of someone important, so please"

She gave the coin a squeeze, before tossing it into the well. Down, down it went. She didn't hear it come to a stop, but, after a few minutes, she walked away.

[Wish Granted]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate

Postby Night » 12/03/2016 5:06 AM

The evening was pleasantly silent. Tallow was glad for the reprieve from the bustle of the daytime, soaking in the silence as he wandered aimlessly through the streets. He didn't have long - an hour, at the most, before Scipio missed him and sent someone out searching. He would be in trouble, of that he had little doubt. The self dubbed Thief King had little tolerance for those that didn't follow the rules. Tallow had almost nothing to show for his day out, no treasures to garner the mercy of their so called king, and so he was doing what he did best; stalling.

The boy found the well by accident. He had heard about it, of course. Who hadn't? But he had never been allowed to visit. "Chasing fantasies." Scipio would say, before telling him to go do some menial and demeaning task for even mentioning it. He was surprised that the dark haired boy wasn't here throwing his own money down the well, making all sorts of ungrantable wishes. That would imply that Scipio would ever spend money on anything, he supposed.

Tallow leaned his elbows against the rough stone of the wall, looking down into the well to see if he could see the bottom. In his worn coat pocket, he traced the raised edges of a single coin. It didn't hurt to wish, did it? It wasn't as though Scipio would even know. The other boy was already expecting that he would return empty handed. He would never even have to know that the coin existed.

With a decisive measure, Tallow flicked the coin over the edge, listening for it to hit the water. "I just wish that I had someone to talk to." He murmured. When nothing happened immediately, he sighed. So much for good luck. He really ought to just stand and face the fire, crawl back to his master and hope for the best...

Wishing for a blue ancient kuhna
(To go to user Mojave)

[Wish Granted]
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 511
Donate
Location: Come to Crystal Palace on Forbidden Mountain in next 25 mins if you want to fight

Postby Mojave » 12/03/2016 5:43 AM

Mojave descended upon The Marketplace, clouds swirling around her serpentine form as she spiraled down to the ground. A puff of warm air blew dust and leaves about the square as she swirled in place above the ground, a glow emanating from her crimson scales. In a moment, she landed lightly on the ground in her human form.

It took a moment to orient herself, but once she spotted her destination, she straightened her clothes and made her way to the Wishing Well. It was occupied, so she waited for the latest visitor to depart before strolling up to the Well. She leaned against it, rolling a coin between her fingers, thinking. "I'd like to surprise someone, Night specifically." She spoke to the well as if it was sentient, still rolling the coin between her fingers. "I'd like her to receive something rare, something she could spend years trying to obtain. If it's possible, I'd like her to receive a Wynd Kuhna. You know, in the spirit of the holidays and all." She tossed the coin into the well with a hopeful smile. "I guess we'll see, right?" And with that she left, leaving the decision to the fates.

[Wish Granted]
Pen . Docs . Sales . Wishes . About . RP Records . Journal . DA . FR
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 584
Donate

Postby Thunder » 12/12/2016 1:52 AM

Ah, the holiday season. It was a time of giving, a time of gifting, and already, Devoc had received a number of presents from both friends and family alike. He felt bad; he wanted to return their kindness, but his parents had struggled with their jobs recently, and they didn't have as many funds as they used to. Then he had a thought. What if he tried wishing for a bit of money at that wishing well he had heard rumors about? It was a long shot, but it was better than nothing.

The Dragonian made his way through Nabias, apologizing to every person he accidentally bumped into, and after a while reached the well. He leaned over its stone wall and peered into its depths. He could only see darkness, though the scent of water was certainly there. He drew a little coin out of his pocket, took a deep breath, and tossed it in.

"H-hello," he stammered, not entirely sure who he was even talking to. "I'm, erm, my name is Devoc. I'm here to ask for some Keystones, but only because it's that time of year, and I would really like to buy some nice presents for people... I hope that's not asking too much."

He smiled sheepishly, even though there was no one around to see it. Or so he thought.

[Wish Granted]

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 01/30/2017 7:31 PM

"Oh, oh, ohhh!"  A girl in obnoxiously bright colors made her way to the fabled wishing well.  "Oh man..  I wonder if it's true.."  She looked around before crouching inside of the stone shelter.  It was a bit chilly, but she was too excited to care.  She could barely see the well itself even as she was peering over the edge.  She shivered a little, imagining what would happen if someone fell into it.  Would they fall forever?  She shook her head.  Now was time to focus!  She dug out a shiny little coin, the shiniest she could find.  "Hey there wishing well!"  She talked to it as if it were alive.  "I would really appreciate a Random Kuhna Token!  I love random things..."  She held the coin close to her heart for a second, then dropped it into the well.  Though she strained her ears, she couldn't hear it splash.

[Wish Granted]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless
I will give... I will take

I will feel the stars crash, crash down
RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 700
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 03/05/2017 8:46 PM

A tall man walked down the path towards the wishing well, his hunched stature and frail frame making him appear much smaller than he actually was. His bright blue trench coat whipped around him as the wind blew through the streets, causing his already trembling form to shiver violently. A woman and child started coming down the path towards him, and he looked up, eye wide with something akin to fear. The boy is pulling his mother along, laughing, but the mother reels back in horror at the man's psychotic appearance. She draws her boy close and hurries around the man, the boy whimpering in discomfort in his mother's tight grip. The man turns and watches them escape, then laughs scathingly and continues on his way. He has no more run ins with the townsfolk, but he reaches the well rather quickly in his even further hunched position. He halts in front of the well and is eerily still, even his trembling ceasing as he stares wide-eyed at the deep hole in front of him. He takes a deep breath, then pulls his closed fist out of his pocket and raises it over the hole. "Give me my muse back," he whispered hoarsely, and released his grip on the coin in his hand, watching it drop quickly into the murky darkness. Along with the coin, a small picture of a Sun Leawolf is dropped into the hole as well, and the man nods before retreating back through the empty streets once more.

[Wish Granted]

And is there a God up there? 'So,
where does he hide?
'Cause the devil is raging inside my
mind
And is there a moment where it all
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 170
Donate

Postby Mojave » 04/08/2017 4:40 AM

After days of deliberating, Mojave had decided to visit the wishing well. After she landed in the marketplace square, she looked around. She was always nervous when visiting the wishing well, even though she knew it was probably silly to feel that way. She stepped up to the well, taking out a few photographs as she leaned against the stone structure. For some time, she perused them, gathering her memories. "So, I don't know if anyone is listening, but I'd like to make a request. A long time ago, I had a companion named Crowley. I didn't have a good camera back then, so I don't have any pictures of him, but I found these of his species." She ran her fingers over the pictures of the mojave patchnose snakes she'd finally found after years of searching for what kind of snake he'd been. "I really regret re-homing him and would like a slydra that looks like him." She picked up the pictures and tossed them into the well one by one.

Mojave Patchnose References:
underbelly, scale detail, back detail, side view, aerial view
Pen . Docs . Sales . Wishes . About . RP Records . Journal . DA . FR
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 584
Donate

Postby crow » 06/08/2017 2:23 AM

Streil was bored.

It happened a lot. Truthfully, he wasn't even sure if the feeling could be called boredom. None of them felt, after all, not really. That was what the Administrator said, anyway. It wasn't his business. Regardless of whether it was analogous to some human emotion, he had nothing to do, and wanted a diversion.

It just so happened that he caught wind of a rumor floating around: a well that would grant wishes. A lot of users thought it was bogus, but there was talk that the devs kept track of the requests, and every so often, one was granted. It sounded ridiculous to him too, but who knew? He was one of those 'urban legends' too, and he was very much real.

The well itself wasn't impressive. Just another setting, another idyllic overgrown bit of outside-town set piece. Nothing mystical about it. He would have thought it mundane if not for the rumor. Putting a foot up on the edge, he looked down the length of his nose into its depths, and huffed. "Wishes, huh? Yeah, right." Taking out a coin from his pocket, he tossed it in. "If you're such a big deal, why don't you find my friend? Last we heard, she's been stuck as a Psi Fenling." Alright, that wasn't true; last they'd heard, she might have died. And Streil wouldn't have minded that; he'd never liked Ren. But Fabien was still looking, and if things kept on going the way they were, they might lose Fabien too, and that wouldn't go down well at all.

[Wish Granted]
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 3874
Donate

Postby Middy » 06/08/2017 3:02 AM

She had felt like she lost a piece of herself, well maybe that was being too melodramatic. Honestly that kind of thought gave her an internalized chuckle, no, she was more along the lines of wishing upon a star. She had recalled seeing the most beautiful creature up in the stars, one that seemed so unobtainable, but yet... obtainable. Could this wishing well really grant her a wish? Well, maybe, there were no negative vibes coming off of it.

Skye ran around it, her tail moving gracefully with the rest of her body. "Ummm hey... I am here to make a wish. I saw this horse, a penticorn. I think it was called a Constellation Penticorn? Anyway, yeah, here goes nothing," she chuckled, dropping a shiny coin down the well. Just making a wish made her feel at peace, maybe the horse of her dreams would find her.

[Wish Granted]
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Kylo » 06/08/2017 2:25 PM

His body was...well wrong to say the least. Orion still was not sure as to how he had ended up like this, missing two limbs, an eye, and a mouth, but he needed it fixed now. He scurried towards a well, carrying a few coins in his mouth along with a four leaf clover. He had heard that this particular well granted wishes for a few coins. It was worth a shot, even if it failed at least he wasn't losing much in trying.

He scrambled up the well until he reached the top ad sat in its ledge, then dropped the coins and the clover in it. "Hello there, well god? I'm in a strange position right now where my body is just not right could you possibly help me, please?"

(Asking for a non breedable custom looking like the one image below)

You can't wake up, this is not a dream
You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen
Low on self-esteem, so you run on gasoline

I think there's a flaw in my code
(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)
These voices won't leave me alone
Well, my heart is gold and my hands are cold

Are you deranged like me?
Are you strange like me?
Lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me?
Do you call yourself a fucking hurricane like me?
Pointing fingers 'cause you'll never take the blame like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 269
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/08/2017 5:02 PM

In one hand, the woman carried a vibrant fruit smoothie. In the other, a coin was being twiddled and flipped betwixt her strong looking fingers. Despite looking both elegant and mechanical due to her movements, very little about her seemed dainty. And even though she wore long, flowing robes of deep crimson and pale violet, the matching plate armour and chains that adorned it killed its luxury. The sickles chained to her hips didn't help in the slightest.

With her coin and her smoothie, which she was sipping on through a bendy straw, she stepped up into the ramshackle excuse of a house. Staring blankly at it as she approached, the woman came to a halt before the wishing well. "Well, are you not adorable," she chimed, her voice endearing but her face cold and barely moving saving to speak. The coin was flicked into the well's water, and it rippled against the surface before sinking to the bottom. It left a trail of sizzles, and black sparks flew from where it landed in the water for a moment. "This will be interesting, I think. If you could be a dear, I am looking for someone, a custom lucain. I lost him and his pack somewhere in the Whispering Forest, but they seem to have vanished. I wish to be... reunited with him, among some other people. But let us do this one at a time, hmm?" She sipped on her smoothie, focusing her gaze on the well directly.

Wishing for this CUstom Lucain in my Wishlist here! Details about markings and colours are included, I'm wishing particularly for the version without the hair and glasses.
when that light goes out this eve,
some will run, and some will grieve.

if you have a reason, or if you believe,
in darkness we trust.

the whores and gentlemen, they lead,
trails of insecurities.

i am not a watchman, i do as i please.

in darkness i trust.

About/Journal | Zoo Pen | Documents | Wishlist
Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1122
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 06/08/2017 10:29 PM

A little girl with two long, pale braids tip toed near the well. Her dress was too short, both in length and in the sleeves. It was stained in places and her shoes were scuffed and torn. Despite her appearance, she had a mischievous smile and bright, excited eyes. A single coin was in her dirty hands, its brightness sparkly in the sunlight.

Fayette reached the edge of the well and stared down into its dark depths. It seemed to go on and on forever. She took a quick glance around to make sure she wasn't followed. She wasn't supposed to be here - she wasn't supposed to go anywhere alone. Good thing she was small for her age and light on her feet. She looked down at the coin and rubbed it with her thumb.

If wishes were pennies I'd have very heavy pockets. The thought ran through her head so many times - it was ingrained there by her caretaker to discourage fantasies.  Though she couldn't help herself - she liked to dream. Most things were impossible - like wishing to be a princess with beautiful gowns. But today... today she was finally going to make her wish. She'd heard that certain beings were magical, and this well was tied to them.

She held the coin over the well and closed her eyes and bowed her head, like she saw the adults do at church. "Hello, I'm Fayette. I've come here to ask you for something. I'd like to learn magic. Harriet says the Iridescent Kuhna is a magical monster who walks with the devil himself, but I don't think so. I think they're beautiful, and if I could make friends with one it would be ever so wonderful. I could learn magic," she whispered into the depths of the well.

Her small fingers released the coin, and she waited until she heard a small 'plunk' as it hit the water before she scampered off. She had to get back before they realized she was missing.

[Wish Granted]

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items