Wanting to spend all that hard earned KS? Well here's the place to do it!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Evelon's Marketplace

Re: .:The Wishing Well:.

Postby amanda784 » 12/24/2020 8:49 PM

Xavier was beginning to enjoy going out at night. The sun was unbearable to his eyes and it was wonderful to get some fresh air. Sure he missed the feeling of the warm sun on his fur, but he no longer had a lot of fur for the sun to shine on anyways. Instead, the moon shone on his patchy, injured body. There was no warmth. Before now, night had always seemed ominous to Xavier. He always assumed most bad things took place at night. Now, the moon was a small comfort to him. It was a small amount of light that his eyes could usually bare if not looking directly at it. Instead, he studied it from the water inside the well. Maybe it was okay he wasn't normal anymore.

(Raffle Post)
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1243
Donate

Postby Freezair » 12/24/2020 9:03 PM

Damien sat on a bench, his face feeling hot.

He definitely wasn't crying! Mighty demons of the underworld didn't cry! He was an ice demon, so it was only natural that sometimes he had condensation on his face. Coming out of his nose, too. He wiped his nose on the back of his hand.

He felt a shadow fall over his face and looked up. An anthropomorphic Blossoming Kasuga man hung over him, watching him with interest.

"What's wrong, friend?" he asked. "What's got you so upset on Christmas Eve?"

Damien whipped his head away. "N-n-none... none of your business, old man."

The Kasuga man chuckled. "I suppose you're right. It is none of my business. But, you know... I don't like seeing people down and out on a holiday. I was curious if I could help."

((Raffle Post))

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby crow » 12/24/2020 9:57 PM

A flamboyantly dressed figure approached the well, making their way past any other visitors in a cloud of floral perfume. "Oh, how quaint," they said, smiling as they observed others making their wishes. Some were spoken aloud, while others were made within the confines of the visitor's own heart. "Well, since I'm here, I may as well follow suit. When in Rome, as they say..."

The coin they extracted from the breast pocket of their very fine jacket was of a strange, foreign make. It sang with an almost musical note as they tossed it into the depths.

They did not speak their wish aloud either.

(Raffle post)
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 3874
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 12/25/2020 12:33 AM

There had already been all manner of creatures that have come through here to make their wishes, but it seemed there were still plenty more to come as the place remained pretty packed with no end in sight to the masses. A little black dragon just had to cross her fingers and pray that she'd be able to get through this without any major complications now that she dared to get closer to the crowd to get her own wish made.

There was a lot about the people that was growing more obviously concentrated as she got so close, and would be really feeling the pressure as she tried to hurry things up by chucking the keystone into the well once there was an opening. "This is probably not gonna work, but... If there's some way to get me through what's inevitably coming in a couple months, that'd be great. I like living, thanks." She'd mutter under her breath, before turning around to get herself out of that place as quick as her little legs could carry her.

(Raffle Post)

Oh Raven won't you sing me a happy song

You don't want me to stay alone
That's why you gotta sing your song
You keep tapping at my door
Nevermore, nevermore, nevermore
But can I ask you something
A favor from you my friend
This song you keep singin'

Zoo PenImp. DocsWishlistJournal
FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1692
Donate

Postby Adelie » 12/25/2020 4:12 AM

That left them at a bit of an impasse - since they'd effectively put their existing cards on the table and found them pitifully lacking, there wasn't much else to say. Wolf wanted to volunteer to fill the silence, somehow, but it didn't seem appropriate to do so as the person being interviewed. So she waited.

"Could you talk a bit about where you heard about these rumors?" Ven said, finally.

"Sure," Wolf said. She was not, in fact, sure - she didn't exactly know what kind of information she wanted to share. To say she heard them from her team would be a little odd, and might invite awkward questions, so she settled on something more neutral. "I actually heard about the rumors from my coworkers - it's been all they've been talking about the past few days. But I'm afraid I don't know where they heard the rumors from themselves." She scrunched up her forehead a little. "I remember them saying something about a Reddit post, but that's about all I remember."

(raffle post!)
and if you ask how i regret that parting:
it is like the flowers falling at spring's end
confused, whirled in a tangle.

what is the use of talking, and there is no end of talking,
there is no end of things in the heart.

ezra pound, exile's letter
zoo pen | journal | wishlist
Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2255
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 12/25/2020 5:51 AM

"Move." Irali stared down the person who stood between her and the well. Although she wasn't a particularly tall woman, she had an intimidating presence. The man took one look at her and bolted, swearing that he could see a dark aura emanating from her. The woman simply rolled her eyes, muttering something about the 'fool' who had been in her way.

When she finally stood in front of the well, she crossed her arms over her chest. "I have heard you grant wishes," she spoke as if to a living being and not an inanimate object. "Well then, give me power." After a moment, during which nothing significant happened, she repeated herself. "Magic well, I demand that you grant me power!" Of course, again, nothing happened.

Realizing that the well was not going to grant her wish, the woman scowled. Her eyes burned like flames, as she raised a single finger to point at the well. "I will find the power I crave myself, then," she said. "And then I will return and tear you apart, brick by brick!"

(raffle post)

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7224
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 12/25/2020 10:40 AM

The clockwork beast sighed as she approached the well, leaning her claws against it and gazing down thoughtfully.

"Hey, do you help with getting petty criminals under control?" she asked. "Because I've got a case that could really use some assistance from you." Sighing, she dropped a polished Keystone down the well. "If you can...just let us track him down again. He seemed to be doing so well for a while, and now he's gone rogue again..."

[Raffle post]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/25/2020 3:53 PM

ImageImage
Lana. Xyshari.

"Well, you'll be asking for his forgiveness rather than his permission," Xyshari said. "Remember, we were trained not to let Sith leave our confrontations alive, because the natural state of the Force is that of light. He knew me to be someone who adhered to this strictly, so that I married one - that I married at all - flies in the face of everything I was taught."

"Well, then, if I ever get the chance to talk to him properly, I'll ask his forgiveness - and give him my assurances that I mean nothing ill towards you, and have only ever wanted what was best for you - even if it meant I was not in the picture anymore," Lana said.

"Except that we both know that the best version of ourselves is with the other by their side, keeping them in check," Xyshari said, giving her wife's hand a squeeze. "From now till death."

"From now till death," Lana said, and the both dropped another pair of keystones into the well.

(Raffle post)
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 12/25/2020 7:29 PM

Today had gone much better. They had slept, for one, which was a welcome change. Nothing exciting had happened, but that was just fine. It was better to have a relaxing day then to be rushing and stressing out over things. They did that all year long, so a vacation was much appreciated.

It was a drag, though, to visit the well every day when you were home, cozy, relaxing. And then you had to actually get up and get dressed. But hey, they knew it would be worth it.

Down went a small Keystone.

[Raffle Post]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby Freezair » 12/25/2020 7:37 PM

Damien liked to think he was a mighty ice demon. He looked down upon mere mortals and they trembled at the sight of him.

But sometimes, he was just a lonely little boy.

He told the Kasuga man everything that happened. He told him about his magic. He talked about the little girl and her mittens. He rambled on about his search for the magician. He magicked up a lot of very sulfurous-smelling tissues in the process.

Dropping his keystones in the well, getting his wish... it made him feel... hopeless. Like he wasn't in control of his own abilities, he said.

The Kasuga man nodded sagely. "I can understand that, young man. I can understand that. But, you know..."

He let on a long, icy puff of breath. "Maybe the well didn't grant your wish. Maybe saying your fears out loud, putting them to words... Maybe that helped you find the strength within yourself."

Damien sniffled. "M-m-maybe... maybe you're right, Mr..."

Damien looked up.

But no one was there.

((Raffle post))

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/25/2020 8:06 PM

It's not that he didn't like Rez or wasn't grateful to him, not at all. It was more just... Concern for his mom. It'd been a long time since he'd been separated from her and it's just be nice to know she was okay. Rez was even the one who's suggested the wishing well, who knows, maybe it's help. Sometimes his mom had told him to wish on the shooting stars they'd see on clear nights, so it made a lot of sense. What's the harm anyways? Wishes were only good, at least to a little kid they were. And so, he dropped in the keystone, watched it fall out of sight before he wandered away, his heart more hopeful then it'd been a few moments before.

(Raffle)

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Postby crow » 12/25/2020 8:45 PM

ImageImage

"Do you remember," Callum said, "how we used to come here when we were little?"

Rory smiled. It made him look sleepy, soft around the edges. When he had still been alive, Callum had liked that best, but now it was just a little too on the nose, a little unsettling; when he smiled like that, he looked like the ghost that he was. "Mm," Rory replied.

Probably he had forgotten. They'd come before the cameras, mostly, and Rory's memory had never been very good. "We used to come here all the time in the summer. We didn't have money, so mostly we threw rocks, though sometimes I'd steal coins off my mother's nightstand." He picked up a pebble, polishing it a little on the front of his shirt.

"You used to wish to get rich and famous," Rory said. He'd drifted over to the edge of the well, bracing his hands and leaning too far forward. It still made Callum's stomach drop when he did it, though at least now Callum could check himself a moment later, remember it wasn't possible for Rory to get any deader than he already was.

"You do remember," said Callum. "Though to be honest, I was just saying that. I always figured I'd get rich and famous anyway."

Rory laughed. "You didn't need the gods to help you with that, huh? What did you wish for then?"

"To make you stay," Callum said.

A chill winter wind picked up, ruffling Callum's hair. Rory said nothing, still staring into the well. The sleepy smile was gone, his features slack, his eyes grown unfocused and far away. Callum waited, like he always did.

When Rory finally turned to look at Callum, his smile was sad.

"Don't say it," Callum whispered. Then, leaning close, he pressed his forehead to Rory's, and closed his eyes. "Merry Christmas, Rory."
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 3874
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 12/25/2020 9:22 PM

This was an odd place to be on Christmas day, but Nala had no family or friends to spend it with. She had stopped by a local party in town on her way over, but now she needed time alone. Luckily, the area was empty when she arrived. Next year everything would be different. Nala imagined a tree in her home with presents all around and her children by her side. Soon, Nala would have a family to spend her holidays with. It was all she could ever wish for.

"Thank you," Nala whispered to the wishing well. "It's going to be good next year."
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1243
Donate

Postby Jedi » 12/26/2020 12:12 AM

Autumn

The firbolg wandered into town from the nearby forest. She'd been wandering around for quite a while. Autumn was quite a ways away from her home woods. Standing six and a half feet tall, she towered over nearly everyone she passed. And although she was taller, she gave a beaming smile like the friendly giant she was.

When she approached the well, she sat down on the nearby patch of grass and took a second to rest. She had little to no money, and she hadn't ever heard of rumors about the well, she she'd only happened to come her circumstantially. After an hour's rest, she made her way away.

[Raffle Post]

Like a mighty wind that bends the trees
We are strong
United
Mates

Imp. Docs - Zoo Pen - Wishlist
Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 22
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 12/26/2020 12:18 AM

The habit of making wishes was not exactly a common thing for the woman that would arrive at the well today, as life always had funny way of doing things to make her think that it was her own responsibility to make things happen one way or another. Even if that meant it was difficult.

She had heard about the well a few times before, but was only now making the effort to actually pay it a visit, as now seemed like a good time as any to do so after having forgotten about it for a good while. Stepping up to get near the well, Eliza was struggling to hold back even more yawns that threatened to escape her. A common occurrence these days, and she was getting quite tired of it... "I wish I didn't sleep so much, as ridiculous as that sounds." She would say aloud, to whoever was probably listening right now, and dropping a keystone into the well.

Sleep was great, sure, but these days it seemed to have gotten out of control in her opinion. Though chances were slim that this would do anything to really help with such a problem.

(Raffle Post)

Oh Raven won't you sing me a happy song

You don't want me to stay alone
That's why you gotta sing your song
You keep tapping at my door
But can I ask you something
A favor from you my friend
This song you keep singin'

Zoo PenImp. DocsWishlistJournal
FrostWynd