Wanting to spend all that hard earned KS? Well here's the place to do it!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Evelon's Marketplace

Re: .:The Wishing Well:.

Postby amanda784 » 12/27/2020 9:24 PM

"I'm late! I'm late!" he shouted, taking little hops between people to get closer to the well.

It wasn't like him to make a stop when he was already running late. Then again, he was always running late. He lived a busy life, always running errands for other people. Today, he was here for only himself.

He hurriedly pulled a keystone out from a small bag and tossed it in the well.

"I need a break. I need a vacation," he said already turning to hurry away from the well.

He was late and he didn't even stay long enough to hear the stone splash into the water.

((Raffle Post))
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1243
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 12/27/2020 11:14 PM

Oh, what time was it? They had almost forgotten today. Yes, the thing was, their habit was to remind themselves, "don't forget to do X," and then for them to promptly forget to do it. It was always this assumption that yes, yes, of course they wouldn't forget. They had just reminded themself to do it!

Ah, no matter. At least, they hadn't forgotten! They were here, and they were ready to offer yet another small Keystone to the well. Those tickets kept accumulating! Until tomorrow, they would, or so they had heard.

[Raffle Post]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/27/2020 11:31 PM

Their outings had been few and far between lately but that wasn't bad. They'd needed the break with the holidays and everyone constantly reaching out. Today however, felt like the right time to take a stroll through town and maybe visit some old haunts. The diosol padded rather than hopped slowly down the road, taking in all that was around them. Familiar places were comforting, and this was a very familiar place for them. The well was visible before long and they moved right up to it, peeking over the edge. Perhaps it was time to finally make a wish. "May this year continue to be better. May I continue to get better." A simple enough request.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Postby Jedi » 12/28/2020 12:14 AM

Norr

The Arkanian approached the well, a coin in hand and wish in mind. He didn't know if this would work, as faith in superstitions wasn't exactly his strong suit. He was, after all, only part Jedi.

He tossed it in, his mind focused on the thought. He felt stupid, as if the magic would somehow contradict his reliance on his connection to the force, then turned and walked away. He didn't bother saying his wish out loud, as he was self conscious about others whom might be listening in.

[Raffle Post]

Like a mighty wind that bends the trees
We are strong
United
Mates

Imp. Docs - Zoo Pen - Wishlist
Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 22
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/28/2020 1:59 AM

Another morning, another wander down to the wishing well, and Gabriel had come prepared this time. His paw clutched the Keystone, warm and slightly damp from the journey, and he kept repeating his wish over and over in his head like a mantra.

"A very selfish wish" he murmured, letting the Keystone drop into the well, "but a wish I wish to make nonetheless. I have seen the premium giftboxes in Seasonal Specialties, and would love to receive one of my own".

He let the Keystone fall, and turned away; he hated feeling selfish, and he was so grateful for what he had already received, but if the gods saw fit to reward his selfishness then so be it.

[Raffle Post]
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2201
Donate

Postby Adelie » 12/28/2020 2:57 AM

Ven decides she likes this interviewee. Admittedly, it's not like she has anyone to compare the experience to - her only other victim in this unfortunate game has been the poor lost Wilson, and she can't exactly call the few sentences she exchanged with him a conversation, let alone an interview.

But this girl is nice. Ven has no particular delusions of grandeur; she knows she's doing a god-awful job at conducting an interview right now. Sure, it's decent given the circumstances - she's a newbie, none of this was planned, it's all just one homework assignment that's barely worth a quarter of her grade - but it's no professional job, and it certainly shows.

It makes her a little embarrassed, just knowing that all her flaws are being hung out on full display for this stranger. At the same time, though, the stranger hasn't said anything about it - instead, she's been very vocal with her answers and tried to direct the interview nicely when Ven rambles off-track. Maybe she's never been interviewed before, and that's why she has no expectations; maybe she has, and she's using her experience to take pity on this poor rookie.

Neither theory is especially nice, but it'll do.

(raffle post!)
and if you ask how i regret that parting:
it is like the flowers falling at spring's end
confused, whirled in a tangle.

what is the use of talking, and there is no end of talking,
there is no end of things in the heart.

ezra pound, exile's letter
zoo pen | journal | wishlist
Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2255
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/28/2020 11:34 AM

"Y'know I wish my mom wasn't such a b. Of all things she could have punished me with-- she took away the most important party of my life. I swear she just wants me to be unhappy!" Leora rested her head on the wishing well, groaning. She had no idea how to tell her friends she couldn't go. They were going to have so much fun without her, and she wouldn't get any of their jokes or references. The teenager ran her fingers through her lilac hair, her forehead still pressed to the well. She had to figure out how to get to the party. There had to be a way to sneak out, there just had to be.

(Raffle)

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Postby Jedi » 12/28/2020 3:48 PM

Guuntis

The Hunter walked into the town, ignoring the stares of commoners who hadn't seen a hunter here for a while. He carried with him a satchel of crystals which were carved into coins. Guuntis approached the well, something he wasn't use to. These constructions were new to him, as it had been thousands of years since he'd been in this world.

He drew a few crystal coins and dropped them into the well, then spoke to himself. "I am coming brothers. Just stay strong for me. I only wish for the gods to aid me in my journey to Basantha's northern shrine."

Like a mighty wind that bends the trees
We are strong
United
Mates

Imp. Docs - Zoo Pen - Wishlist
Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 22
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 12/28/2020 3:55 PM

He had come with the hunter, but now that he was here, Leopold felt as if he might as well make a wish for himself. It wasn't as if he thought that it would actually help, but it's not as if it could hurt, either. And at the moment, he could really use any help that he could get.

Although he didn't speak the wish aloud, he focused on it, hoping that it would be enough. Free me from the spirit that continues to haunt me, he thought. Vanquish him completely, so that no one else will suffer due to his anger.

(raffle post)

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7194
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/28/2020 5:16 PM

ImageImage
Lana. Xyshari.

Once more, the women came to the well, peering into the well before they dropped their keystones into the well. Once they had dropped the coins into the well, they turned to each other and offered each other a warm embrace before looking back at the well.

"Think it's going to happen again today?" Xyshari asked, leaning over the well a little bit before looking back at Lana, partially leaning on the other woman. Lana offered a faint smile as she hugged her wife, kissing her cheek lightly.

"It might. It might not," Lana said, looking into the well. "I guess we'll see, won't we?" she asked. "Now... shall we go do something dangerous?"

(Raffle post)
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby Kylo » 12/28/2020 5:20 PM

Things were still strange back home but since he mad his last wish things had only got stranger. The constant chill worse, whispering voices he couldn't make out, things moving around his apartment. It was all driving him mad but he somehow knew it all had to do with Xanatos and his death. He had to get to the bottom of this. Clearly the well had agitated whatever was causing the strange activity so maybe if he came again it would actually work this time around.

He tossed a credit in and stared down into the depths of the well.

"I wish I knew what happened to my husband."

(Raffle post)

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 314
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 12/28/2020 5:27 PM

The very last day! They had accumulated a nice little amount of magic raffle tickets over the last few weeks. They had no idea what would happen to those tickets and what they could earn from them, but apparently it would be nice, according to the rumors!

And it was a happy little thing, considering they had to get back to work the next day. Certainly not as fun and exciting as the prospect of winning something good...

Well, for now, they focused on dropping down their last Keystone.

[Raffle Post]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 12/28/2020 9:08 PM

Laura had been on quite the adventure with Piper and was happy to be home. It was odd that after getting her wish granted she wanted to come to this place. She hadn't made the wish here, but somehow felt as if she owed it a "thank you" anyway. Perhaps all wishes drifted to this place. There was a moment when Laura accompanied Piper on her hunt that Laura had wished from the bottom of her heart that she was home in her bed. It wasn't an immediate granting of her wish, but she had made it home all the same.

"I'm home," said Laura to the wishing well. "I don't suppose you had anything to do with it, but still it was a wish granted that I never paid for. I think I best pay it forward."

Laura tossed a keystone into the well saying, "for the next person who comes along with a wish and no money."

Laura doubted the wish process worked like that, but it made her feel good to do it.

((Raffle Post))
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1243
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 12/28/2020 9:50 PM

The human-form Lucain walked up to the well, leaning her elbows on it.

"So this year has been fairly okay for us," she noted, "but you know there's more to deal with out there, right?" She sighed, holding out a Keystone and preparing to drop it in. "Perhaps a bit of well-wishing is in order here: may next year be better."

[Raffle post]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 12/28/2020 11:49 PM

"And I, I wish I was a boat, I wish I was a boat, I'd sail across your sea, you'd guide me.
And I, I wish I was the rain, I wish I was the rain, you'd step outside, and always know me."

Someone had not sung in some time. Their voice scratched as they sang, like the chilled wind pressing through thickets of thin, bare branches. A clattering cacophony of white noise high above their head, as long fingers flashed across the strings of a banjo.

What a strange year it had been. What a painful year. A year of yearning and seeking things beyond reach. As Someone came to settle by the old wishing well, to stare at the worn path of fresh and old footsteps alike—more fresh than old, though—it became clear just how that yearning manifested. As wishes, for the pain to end, for the new to begin, the wish that somehow this pain could have a set time limit.

It simply wasn't realistic to think such a thing. But... Someone still couldn't stop from reaching into their pocket and pulling out a shiny golden coin. Superstitions held power. If they wished it... perhaps they would work harder to make it come true.

With a flick of their thumb, the coin was sent hurtling down into the black depths of the well, and Someone adjusted their seat into something more comfortable, the stones cold beneath their body as they sat and began to play.

"What could have been me, is somewhere hiding in a tree
I let it happen, and I know he won't come down 'til the air is clean..."

[Raffle Post]

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

PreviousNext