This board is for any questions you may need answered. Please make sure to read the rules first, just so you don't end up asking something that's plainly stated. =3

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Help!

Unmountable Creatures Question..

Postby Tsuki-Chan » 10/20/2007 5:38 AM

Well yeah I do have a question about those pets really.. For example I see the Fellox has the size M (man-sized (4'+ to 7')) and that it could be made as a mount, but lets say I want my Serraptor which has also the size M (man-sized (4'+ to 7')) be a mount though there stands it cant.. If it is that the size still isn't high enough, cant I make my Serraptor have the high of 7, and than put the trait Hulking Brute (Your pet is one size larger than normal.) in it to make the size 8, would it than be possible even if it is a slight chance to make it as a mount?

Thank you for reading this..

~Tsuki-Chan
*You suddenly see a trainer in pink clothes and fairy wings, followed by an peach colored Fellox that only looks at her trainer, stroll by...*

ImageImage
Tsuki-Chan
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 100
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 10/20/2007 9:18 AM

There is a list of mountable pets already made that you can read. Right here:

http://landsofevelon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=30

So basically, Serraptors cannot be ridden.
ImageImageImage

Heaven's gates won't open up for me
With these broken wings I'm fallin'
And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 166
Donate
Location: Sittin' on my butt, at the computer...why where else would I be?

Postby Tsuki-Chan » 10/20/2007 9:22 AM

I know thats where my question is all about really, I want my Serraptor to be a mount.. but there stands 'Unmountable' so I'm asking in my first post if there is a chance I can still make it a mount by doing that size idea.. ^^;
*You suddenly see a trainer in pink clothes and fairy wings, followed by an peach colored Fellox that only looks at her trainer, stroll by...*

ImageImage
Tsuki-Chan
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Stoffelees » 10/20/2007 12:04 PM

The size of a creature is only one factor in why it can or cannot be a mount. While the Serraptor is the proper size to be mounted...there are a few reasons as to why it cannot be.

First off, its body is made so that it is fast and agile, this means that their bone structure is fragile. Remember: dinosaurs are related to birds ;) and the bones of birds are fragile. So even though it's big enough to ride, I don't think it's strong enough to support a rider. But that's what the Gyrraptors are for ;)

Second, it is a rather intelligent creature...and intelligent creatures usually don't want to cart a human around on it. Now I'm talking about base stats here, creatures who have been leveling up with a human trainer are different, they're bonded to their trainer and the intelligence is not a factor in that case.

If you so desire, I can take question up with Baal when she has some free time. I will admit that there are a couple creatures on the Unmountable list that seem iffy. But I hope the list has been more of a help than a hinder :D Maybe when I get the chance I'll add some short explanations next to the Unmountable creatures that explains why they're unmountable ;)
Stoffelees
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 953
Donate
Status: Currently a full-time big sis and supervisor at work.

Postby Tsuki-Chan » 10/20/2007 12:41 PM

Stoffelees wrote:The size of a creature is only one factor in why it can or cannot be a mount. While the Serraptor is the proper size to be mounted...there are a few reasons as to why it cannot be.

First off, its body is made so that it is fast and agile, this means that their bone structure is fragile. Remember: dinosaurs are related to birds ;) and the bones of birds are fragile. So even though it's big enough to ride, I don't think it's strong enough to support a rider. But that's what the Gyrraptors are for ;)

I've seen the Gyrraptors, and I see in them why they are mountable.. but I find the Serraptors fitting me a lot more, also because they look like there built for speed. :3

Stoffelees wrote:Second, it is a rather intelligent creature...and intelligent creatures usually don't want to cart a human around on it. Now I'm talking about base stats here, creatures who have been leveling up with a human trainer are different, they're bonded to their trainer and the intelligence is not a factor in that case.

I wouldn't even dare to start training a Serraptor from my own immediatly in the first post as a mount, I think at a loyalty of 15/20 I would start with training it as a mount...

Stoffelees wrote:If you so desire, I can take question up with Baal when she has some free time. I will admit that there are a couple creatures on the Unmountable list that seem iffy. But I hope the list has been more of a help than a hinder :D Maybe when I get the chance I'll add some short explanations next to the Unmountable creatures that explains why they're unmountable ;)

Yes please take the question to Baal.. :o -clings-

I've seen on that list only very few where there stands just in a short sentence the reason why it shouldn't be mountable.. A spirit critter not mountable is a very good reason though. X3

ImageImage
Tsuki-Chan
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Stoffelees » 10/21/2007 2:23 PM

*claps hands together* M'kay! I took the question up with Baal laaaate last night and decided to sleep before posting the answer :D

But here it is: (and I shall be editing the Mountable Creatures post soon after this), Yes you can mount a Serraptor, BUT it is highly recommended that you build up its toughness before you attempt this or else you will have a very angry Serraptor with some broken bones.

Baal's first response to why a Serraptor couldn't be mounted was actually the exact same first answer I gave you, because it it built for speed and therefore more fragile. Just like the cheetah of today, they are fragile. So if you build up its toughness you might be able to make it strong enough to mount ;) Since the battle stats run from 0 to 100, I altered the 1-40 chart to reflect this. I would suggest waiting until your Serraptor is at a Low (21-30) or Average (31-40) level of Toughness before attempting to mount it.

This is the chart I created in case you're interested:
Battle Stats Rankings:
0: Nil
1 - 10: Base
11 - 20: Semi
21 - 30: Low
31 - 40: Average
41 - 50: Above Average
51 - 60: Highly
61 - 70: Strong
71 - 80: Exceptional
81 - 90: Tremendous
91 - 100: Extraordinary

Secondly I do agree that its Loyalty to you needs to be built before you ever attempt to mount it. A level of 'Steady' (13-16) Loyalty might be good, but I suggest waiting until it reaches a level of Trustworthy (17-20).

I hope all that helps :D and now I shall go and update the Mountable Creatures thread ;)
Stoffelees
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 953
Donate
Status: Currently a full-time big sis and supervisor at work.

Postby Tsuki-Chan » 10/21/2007 4:32 PM

:lol: *huggles and clings* This is very good news to me, thank you Baal and Stoffelees.. *huggles both*

Lets see if I do the toughness of avarage than its best I would roleplay at the Wilt'no Desert where they have 3+ on it.. Than that means I only need to level it to 10 there..

Question, the loyalty stat they have in there base.. That one already count to wards you, and it would at normal roleplays just go up 1+? If you don't count the special places to make it go up more that is.. Just checking.. ^^

Edit: Might it also be a idea to put under each discription of the mountable creatures the loyalty and toughness they at least need to have as a minimum and what would be the avarage?

ImageImage
Tsuki-Chan
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate