This board is for any questions you may need answered. Please make sure to read the rules first, just so you don't end up asking something that's plainly stated. =3

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Help!

[* Kuhna FAQ:.

Postby Jaykobell » 07/15/2010 10:17 PM

~*~

Welcome to the brand new Kuhna Frequently Asked Questions (or FAQ)! This will answer questions about Kuhnas, be it about breeding or just general Kuhna questions.

If you have any question that's worth a spot here, don't hesitate to share. :D

~*Kuhna Frequently Asked Questions*~

1. Can Custom Kuhnas breed?
Custom Kuhnas can breed only breed with Elder Kuhnas or Endangered RARE Kuhnas. To breed with any other Kuhnas, including other Custom Kuhnas, you must use an Elixir of Fertility or a Fortuity Potion. There may also be special breeding seasons where Custom Kuhnas can breed.

2. What kits may result from an Elder/RARE breeding?
       The Elder and RARE Kuhnas are very special! They have no genes, so any Kuhna breeding with them gets a completely random litter! Not to mention, Elder/RARE litters are usually very successful. ;3

3. My Kuhna is the same as a Common Kuhna! But it has a few add-ons; can it still breed, or is a 'Custom' Kuhna now?
       Yep! Taken your Kuhna is exactly like an existing species, it can still breed, with or without add-ons.

4. Are Generation Ancients and Carol Kuhnas able to breed?
       With the new system revamp, yes they can breed c: Go for it.

5. Why do the Originals have a different pose than the Generations?
       Originals were made back in the ancient Evelon days. Generations are also easier to customize and manipulate, therefore why they seem to be even more present now!

6. Can Wishing Well Kuhnas breed?
       Yes, they can, for they are considered Custom Kuhnas, However, this means they, too, can only breed with Elders/Endangered RAREs.

7. Hey, I heard miscarriages can occur. Is that true?
       Back in the ancient days of Evelon, yes, miscarriages had occurred, but they were removed, since it was rather sad. So, have no fear, you shall always get a litter of babies from your breeding. :)

8. Can Generation Kuhnas breed with those in the "Original" position?
       Yes, of course they can! :) Only the pose is different, the genes will still remain the same.

9. What is the plural form of "Kuhna"?
       Kuhna is singular, and Kuhnas is plural.

10. Where are the stats for my custom pet? Are there any?
       While we used to tell people to pick the Common Kuhna's stats, not any more! You now pick whichever set fits your Kuhna better. :) If your custom is a battler, you can pick a Kuhna with a high base Offense, and so on. So it's free-for-all!

11. Can my custom pet have a species of its own? It'd be cool! A one-of-a-kind, maybe?
       Nope. While your custom Kuhna can have its own breed, it cannot be official. :3

12. How do I determine the gender of my Kuhna?
Kuhnas have no set gender, so you may make your Kuhnas any gender you please!

13. Can the Cake Kuhna breed? Can the Arkuhnas breed, too? What kind of Kuhnas do they equal when it comes to their genes?
       Yes, both the Cake and Arkuhnas can breed. :3 The Cake Kuhna is the same as a Kanua, and the Arkuhna is equivalent to a Spectrakuhna.

14. Can Rejection Kuhnas breed? Can we obtain them through breeding?
       Yes, the Rejection Kuhnas can breed and have genetics of a Calamikuhna. =3 Unfortunately, you cannot obtain a Rejection Kuhna kit.

15. What is the "Merkuhna?" Where did it come from?
       The Merkuhna is the Kuhna that is colored like a lionfish. It evolved from the Odd Stone, a special Christmas pet from the Gift Shop of Evelon.

16. Can the Merkuhnas breed?
       Yes, they can! When breeding with a normal Kuhna, it acts as a Hydrokuhna, and when it is breeding with a Hydrokuhna, it acts as an Elder! :3

17. Awesome! So can they breed with customs, too?
       Unfortunately, no, they cannot. Their Elder wild card flares up only when sharing a room with a Hydrokuhna.

18. Can we obtain Merkuhnas through a breeding?
       Sadly, just like the Rejection, Cake and Arkuhna Kuhnas, the Merkuhna is not available as a kit outcome.

19. Hey! The URLs of the Generation Kuhnas have changed! Can we edit them ourselves now?
       No, you cannot, for the rule states not to touch the URL in general. =) However, you CAN edit your Kuhna but you MUST NOT put it as your pet's official image! It is possible, however, to put this image in a fan art part of its profile. :3

20. I want to adopt some Kuhna, where do I start?
        Well unfortunately, Kuhna aren't up on the website yet (along with the other breedables) so we've kept a page of the original website right here for you to adopt the Common and Hydro Kuhna. In addition to this, users can find the Arkuhna and Cake Kuhna here.

21. I prefer the old Kuhna images! Can I use those instead?
        You can for personal use, yes. This means you can use them in pens, signatures and in roleplays. However, you can't order anything for them through the Salon (excluding line revamps of course) and you can't order any new customs on the old lines.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Re: [* Kuhna FAQ:.

Postby GrayGriffin » 07/18/2010 12:08 AM

Can custom Ancients breed? Is there a restriction for them?
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 07/18/2010 12:13 AM

Custom Ancients can breed with Elders/RAREs. =3 Because they're customized to your taste and aren't bred from an Ancient Kuhna.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby Zoophilos » 11/23/2010 9:21 PM

Hey, um, is there a list of all the types of Kuhnas and what they look like?  I've looked, but I haven't found one.
An evildoer forgiven and saved by Jesus' sacrifice.

I know I'm not on as often as some of you; I spend most of my time at other websites. But if I get in a RP with you, I'll do my best to be sure respond quickly!Image
Zoo Pen My wishy-washy wishlist, for what it's worth
Zoophilos
You ARE persistent, aren't you?
Pets | Items
Keystones: 21
Donate

Postby Soriana » 11/23/2010 9:25 PM

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=8359

^ If that's what you mean.

The King beneath the mountains,
The King of carven stone,
The lord of silver fountains
Shall come into his own!

His crown shall be upholden,
His harp shall be restrung,
His halls shall echo golden
To songs of yore re-sung.

The streams shall run in gladness,
The lakes shall shine and burn,
All sorrow fail and sadness
At the Mountain-king's return!

one two three four five
Soriana
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 216
Donate

Postby Zoophilos » 11/23/2010 10:43 PM

Thanks, I've been looking for something like that.
An evildoer forgiven and saved by Jesus' sacrifice.

I know I'm not on as often as some of you; I spend most of my time at other websites. But if I get in a RP with you, I'll do my best to be sure respond quickly!Image
Zoo Pen My wishy-washy wishlist, for what it's worth
Zoophilos
Pets | Items
Keystones: 21
Donate

Postby Thunder » 12/19/2010 12:43 PM

In the thread regarding customizing your own pets, it's stated that we can change eye colors. If I wanted to change the eye color of my Silver Ancient Kuhna, would I be allowed?

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Postby wetwinz84 » 01/20/2011 4:53 PM

Can you please tell me where I can adopt Kuhnas? I cant find them any where.
So many Kuhna's around me! I might explode!
ImageImage
wetwinz84
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 71
Donate

Postby Freezair » 01/20/2011 5:05 PM

The Common Kuhna and Hydrokuhna are on the "Minis and Evolvers" page of the main site. (You can also get there from the "Adopt" button in the bar up top, and selecting "Minis and Evolvers.") The Cake Kuhna and Arkuhna can be found in the "Help" section, under "Cake Kuhna, Mossdogs, and Others" post. :D

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/20/2011 5:06 PM

You can adopt both the Common Kuhna and the Hydrokuhna in the "Minis and Evolvers" page of the "Adopt" section. Aka, this page here.

And you can also adopt the Cake Kuhna and the Arkuhna in a thread right here in the "Help" section. The thread is titled "[* Special Freebie Pets." It can be found here.

All the other Kuhnas have to be gained by some other means, either by breeding, participating in special events, or by getting them from other users, buying, trading or what-have-you. Occasionally, you may be able to purchase custom Kuhnas for cash.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate

Postby wetwinz84 » 01/20/2011 7:26 PM

Thanks. These were just what I was looking for.I love what they look like.
So many Kuhna's around me! I might explode!
ImageImage
wetwinz84
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 71
Donate

Postby Nurylon » 05/14/2020 1:16 AM

Jaykobell wrote:[center]~*~
5. Why do the Originals have a different pose than the Generations?
       Originals were made back in the ancient Evelon days. Generations are also easier to customize and manipulate, therefore why they seem to be even more present now!

21. I prefer the old Kuhna images! Can I use those instead?
        You can for personal use, yes. This means you can use them in pens, signatures and in roleplays. However, you can't order anything for them through the Salon (excluding line revamps of course) and you can't order any new customs on the old lines.

Hello I have a question about Kuhna poses!
So . . . assuming it hasn't changed, the hydrokuhna's 'old' art looks like the one on the left, and the 'new' one looks like the one on the right.  'Old' sitting and 'new' sitting.
Image Image

In 2014 I made my wishlist, and in it I have an (example) image of a 'new' sitting Rinkuhna . . . so my understanding was that the new art of Rinkuhna was sitting and that the old art was standing.
Image Image

But today when browsing the forums, I found a 'new' art Rinkuhna that was standing instead of sitting.

I thought it was kind of an either/or thing, which subspecies got which pose (I strongly prefer the sitting pose) . . . but finding new rinkuhna images with both of those new poses has confused me a bit.  

Do some kuhnas just *have both* new poses?  (How do you choose which pose you get in that case?)

Or are some 'new' sitting kuhnas getting converted to 'new' standing positions?  Would that mean that the standing pose would be what'd show up in the Inventory, and not the sitting pose?  And would the 'new' sitting pose for those kuhna then have the same Salon/other official restrictions as old kuhna?

. . . or did I just find a 'new' sitting Rinkuhna art by some wild awful mistake those 6 years ago and it was never meant to be converted into a sitting pose ;w;
Nurylon
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 107
Donate
Location: Somewhere between the trajectory of the moon and sun, probably at the bottom of the ocean

Postby Redd » 05/14/2020 1:38 AM

I'll preface this with, Kuhnas are completely customisable!

They can be submitted here to receive edits and this includes what we call a Style Swap.

But to answer your question, Original Kuhnas, by default (aka store-bought Kuhna, Giftbox Kuhna and Event Kuhna) come in the Sitting/Original Pose. Rinkuhnas/Rejects/etc originally came in the standing pose but this was changed in order to keep things consistent. Kuhnas obtained via Breeding come in the Standing/Generation Pose.
No matter how it originally came, they are not locked into this and can be swapped whenever you want!

I hope that makes sense ;o;

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

Postby Nurylon » 05/14/2020 1:55 AM

Redd wrote:I'll preface this with, Kuhnas are completely customisable!

They can be submitted here to receive edits and this includes what we call a Style Swap.

But to answer your question, Original Kuhnas, by default (aka store-bought Kuhna, Giftbox Kuhna and Event Kuhna) come in the Sitting/Original Pose. Rinkuhnas/Rejects/etc originally came in the standing pose but this was changed in order to keep things consistent. Kuhnas obtained via Breeding come in the Standing/Generation Pose.
No matter how it originally came, they are not locked into this and can be swapped whenever you want!

I hope that makes sense ;o;

Thank you so much, you answered everything I wanted to know! ^^
Also I found a link to the Kuhna Species Album by following your links, and I didn't realize there were even more sea-type kuhna, like Mandarinkuhna
I love all the sea babies so much
Nurylon
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 107
Donate
Location: Somewhere between the trajectory of the moon and sun, probably at the bottom of the ocean