This board is for any questions you may need answered. Please make sure to read the rules first, just so you don't end up asking something that's plainly stated. =3

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Help!

Custom Pets Questions

Postby Freezair » 12/03/2007 3:53 PM

So I was considering getting a custom (Christmas is coming up and all), and I have 2 questions concerning custom pets.

1) Why are certain pets, such as the Anala, Gorgeel, and Baby Doom Kitty, not customizable? I actually really like the Anala, so I'm just a bit curious as to why this is. No need to tell me if it's private or anything, I'm just a little curious. :P

2) I noticed that Stoffie's custom Kuhna, um, Stoffie, has Hydrokuhna genes. Is this service, of sorts, available to the rest of us, or was that a special thing? Could I do something like, "I want a custom Kuhna with Sulkuhna genes?" Or do we have to settle for having "wildcard" genes and Elder-only breedings? Again, not trying to be nosy, just curious.

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Terri » 12/03/2007 4:16 PM

I'm not totally sure, but if I remember correctly from my vast amount of IRC questions...

1) There's some sort of difficulty with the lineart, I believe, or some other aspect that was done incorrectly and is unable to be edited.  If memory serves, Rengosetts should also be on that list.

2) I asked this too.  I wanted Prel genes for a custom, but alas, nope.  Stoffie the Kuhna is a special case, not a buyable genetic line or anything.  Customs may only breed with elders; specifying a specific line isn't possible.

I think? X3
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 24
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 12/03/2007 4:30 PM

1) Terri's argument is probably right, but there's also the fact of layers. I know Baal lost the layers to the Original Kuhnas, and they are very hard to color, compared to Generation Kuhnas, and this is why you cannot ask for them. I'd suppose the same goes for the other pets. That, or there's no precise reason.

The IRC wrote:[15:28]   And about the pets that cannot be customized.
[15:28]   It's because Baal lost/doesn't have the layers, I'd imagine?
[15:28]   That, or she just doesn't want to for whatever reason, i.e, they're 'special'.

Haha, proof. :P

2) Stoffie the Kuhna is a an exception. Why, I dunno. But no, it is impossible for a Custom Kuhna to obtain genes apart from their "wildcard" ones.

The IRC wrote:[15:24]   When ordering a Custom Kuhna, is it possible to ask for that Kuhna to have particular genes? Like Stoffie the Kuhna?
[15:25]   No.
[15:25]   Because customs can only breed with elders in the first place.

Haha, proof again. :P
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby Freezair » 12/03/2007 4:39 PM

Well, drat. Ah well, thanks fer answerin'. :P

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate