This board is for any questions you may need answered. Please make sure to read the rules first, just so you don't end up asking something that's plainly stated. =3

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Help!

Evelon Wikipedia, old battle stats, and non-example pets

Postby Nurylon » 10/13/2014 2:18 AM

This is kind of a compiled thread of a bunch of questions that have come to qualm me today.. (though I'm probably going to go to bed soon and I'll be super busy the next few days too so askdgn)
Sorry for the question dump D: Hope it's okay to be here.
---------------------
So... I found this. The thread that was made when the wiki first came around, and Kyrit was asking about how to wiki in another one.
Which made me find the wiki.
I pressed the random page option on it a few times and tried to find palava, but there don't seem to be any pages? Is this a project that was completely abandoned, or can people still add to it if they'd like? I've never edited a wiki before, but I have the huge temptation to try to add some pages to it because I adore directories. Is that something I'd be allowed to do....?
Answered, thank you!

---------------------------
For battle pet stats... back in like 2011 people were talking about taking Elusive Foe racial trait off of concept pets. They still have it, is this change still happening eventually or was it entirely dropped/outvoted? I like having it on my Nachni :sigh:
Also,
There was a bit of controversy a while back where people had different sets of battle moves on their pets... the best example I can think of is if someone had both a single battle and double battle layout on their pet, since the ideal moves in battle for both would be different. How is this handled in situations like tournaments or war barracks; are pets with different move layouts able to use either (but not switching back and forth in the same battle, only when it'd make sense, like a double battle or single battle)? Kodai had said she thought making different moves for roleplay purposes was fine, but I don't remember what the consensus about battles was. Answered, thank you! Just double checking a thing or two now.

--------------------------
For Example Pets: I just finished compiling my wishlist today, and there were two pets that I just could not find 'Example' or 'Retired' images for.  I really don't like having images without that text of pets on a list of mine when I don't own them, since I'm definitely not trying to claim that I do! If anyone knows, could they please direct me to where 'Example' or 'Retired' pictures of these two pets are so I can replace the images on my wishlist to be the right ones?:
Candle Shinzo (new art) from Baal's Birthday, 2007
I can't find an Example version of even the old form: This forum lists it and just has the plain image.. but I've seen it sell on this forum so I don't think it's a free pet? Answered, thank you!
..also, does it have a signature somewhere on it?

Ilos-- Puppy Donation Drive 2012 is also listed without example text on the same thread, but I can only presume it's not a free pet still?

Just quietly hit me with a sock if these pets don't have an example version because they are freely available on the forums, and I'm just being a worrywort. 'x3
...also what event is this pet from? I can't find it in a list of any sort, but I had the image of this pet lying around so that's how I have it now?
Answered!

Many many thank yous!
I see us frolicking happy together by the sea;
Everyone wonders where we'll go or what we'll be.
But we're not meant to take some crazy leap for their fantasies;
We're just here, enjoying each other's company.

Etrangeté Phonebook [Pen]/\Shallow Well of Souhait [Wishes]/\Directory for all Other Uses
Nurylon
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 107
Donate
Location: Somewhere between the trajectory of the moon and sun, probably at the bottom of the ocean

Re: Evelon Wikipedia, old battle stats, and non-example pets

Postby Indigo » 10/13/2014 2:43 AM

Here's an example image of the Shinzo. It was hiding in an old update thread. I don't think there is an example Ilos image, but I could be wrong--they aren't freely available, but they are all unique, so.

The Sabbit is from Christmas 2009. I'm afraid I can't help with your other questions, though.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Postby Nurylon » 10/13/2014 2:57 AM

Thank you, kind being <3

Etrangeté Phonebook [Pen]/\Shallow Well of Souhait [Wishes]/\Directory for all Other Uses
Nurylon
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: Somewhere between the trajectory of the moon and sun, probably at the bottom of the ocean

Postby Kyrit » 10/13/2014 11:31 AM

Wiki:
This project was essentially abandoned. It's something I would love to do, but it's far too time consuming when there are other things I should be working on. It was scrapped, though some of the ideas of the wiki are held within an ongoing project the staff has been working on for some time now.

Battle stats:
I'm not Kodai, so I can't tell you much here. I can tell you how battle stats go for the war at least though. Users are required to register their three battle pets before putting them in the barracks. This means after registration they cannot change their traits at all.

Ilos example: I'll search for it after work today. If it doesn't have an example image I'll make one
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Postby Nurylon » 10/13/2014 2:19 PM

Ahhh. If there's already an ongoing project that has those ideas being used I suppose it wouldn't actually do any good to put some content on the wiki by now, then?

Thanks <3 (Illos)

Nurylon
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 10/13/2014 4:53 PM

If Elusive Foe is still on the Concept pets, then it's still on there. All the info in the Pet Stats should be correct and up to date. As for having multiple "sets" of battle traits, yes, you can only use one set when doing a battle, and if you register a pet in the barracks, you have to keep that trait set throughout the entire war. But you can give your pet multiple sets. It's just that you can only use one at a time.

At least that should be right to my knowledge o^o

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/13/2014 7:53 PM

Taken from one of the threads in the stat section:

"Battle Traits are all of the Traits that you can use in official battles (such as the seasonal tournaments). You may give your pet as many Personal Battle Traits as you want, for descriptive purposes, but you may only choose up to six to use during battles (seven for a custom pet). Racial Battle Traits do not count towards this total."

In short, you can give your pets as many battle traits as you want. However, whenever you are participating in a battle (or series of battles, such as tournaments or the war) you have to select 6 (or 7 for custom pets) to use for the duration. You can't change up the traits in the middle of battle.

Racial Battle Traits, the traits that come with a pet based on its species/color/markings, such as Spiked Body for Lucain or Elusive Foe for Concept pets, do not count toward the total 6 (or 7).

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2879
Donate

Postby Nurylon » 10/14/2014 2:51 PM

Ahh okay, thanks you two! Glad to hear that having more traits than just allotted for battle isn't a big debate anymore. Though I suppose that when my purchase for a war badge goes through, I probably shouldn't put anyone in the barracks until I'm really sure what moves I want them to have, then. I've come across posts saying that pets can still level when in the barracks (they just can't get new moves), that traits given by gods can be gained while in the barracks (just shrine? or restricted and shrine?) and that non-barrack pets can be used to gain war points, unlike in the last war... so the only real reason to put them into the barracks is if you're 100% sure and you want to battle with them. Is that true or did I read those posts wrong?

Nurylon
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 10/15/2014 12:36 PM

Pets can still level up in the barracks. Right now there isn't a way to get shrine traits, but I think it should be fine to add a restricted trait onto a barrack pet if you apply for the trait and get accepted. But yeah, only put them in the barracks if you're set on fighting using those pets. And yes, non-barrack pets can participate in RPs :>

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Nurylon » 10/16/2014 12:45 AM

Thank you <3

What's going on with shrine traits, is the board just down? *goes to check to see if I can figure out what's going on*

Nurylon
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 10/16/2014 11:55 AM

No, we're just in the process of implementing a new system of getting them.

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate