This board is for any questions you may need answered. Please make sure to read the rules first, just so you don't end up asking something that's plainly stated. =3

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Help!

Palette Potion Question

Postby GrayGriffin » 01/21/2015 5:10 PM

What exactly counts as a "marking mutation" for its purposes? Do Two-tone markings/gradients fall under that category as well? Also, does this mean the Addition/Deletion mutations will be added to the preview-making files as well?
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Re: Palette Potion Question

Postby Silverin » 01/21/2015 6:39 PM

Marking mutations only include addition and subtraction mutations of markings.
They may get added to the preview files in the future. They will only be available with the palette potion if you use an Emission Liquor. Gradients and other mutations are normally available. Albinos however are not likely to be available through the palette potion and if they are they would be a slim chance to get.

PLEASE DON'T GIFT ME. I AM NOT INTERESTED.
There are better folks to gift.
:::Breeders:::Rental:::WishList:::
Avi is from The Worst Monster Of Them All animation on youtube
Silverin
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2762
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 01/21/2015 9:17 PM

I had a question regarding this potion as well, and I figured I might as well put it here; if we didn't want to design an offspring, but wanted a trait from the parent (Like "I want this base" or "I want those fangs" or "I want purple eyes" can we just state that, instead of making a base for it? Like if I bred two Kuhnas, one with the Rejection base and the other with the normal base, could we say;
"I want one of these kits to have the Rejection base"

And I know it says we shouldn't use the chaos and Palette together, but if we did it for Kuhnas, or even for Paragon and Lucain, and there was a specific type of base or wing type of something could we use the chaos so the babies still get weird colors/markings/bsses but the palette potion could be used to ensure that at least one baby is still chaos, but with the base/wings/teeth/eye color you want?

Does that make sense? XD I feel rambly.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 01/22/2015 2:40 AM

Marking mutation;
As Silv said, marking mutation specifically means the mutations, not any of the other quirks. The potion states "Predictions may not include marking mutations, unless used in combination with an Emission Liquor," and since the only use of the Emission Liquor is specifically for mutations, not other quirks, that is what it is referring to. It's basically because yeah. Everyone would be using that potion to predict mutations otherwise. XD As for adding them to the PSDs, I asked Baal tonight and she said that since the potion has that stipulation she wouldn't mind. The Emission Liquor is an expensive potion, and restocks so few when it does restock, so letting you guys have the files for the mutations isn't going to ruin their rarity or anything. I'll try to get those added to the psds within the next few days.

Trait picking;
Personally, I would say no. The potion was made simply because of the fact that users now have access to those 'blank' breedable PSDs, and as such I suggested a potion that allowed users to 'predict' a child, with some leeway. The only exception to this I would consider would be maybe for Kuhnas, since yeah, it is rather hard for us to make Kuhnas available for normal predicts like the other breeables, considering how many Kuhna files there are. I wouldn't but an absolute no on this though, since I know the other staff members would probably like to give their opinions. I'm just putting my opinion here so it's not like your question is ignored for now. =)

Chaos + Palette;
The palette potion specifically states it cannot be used with a Chaos Draught. It doesn't say shouldn't, it says can't.

As a side note, I am currently working on an in-depth FAQ on potions. It will even list which potions each potion can and cannot be used alongside, as well as the extent of the power of each potion and exactly which species it can be used on. Hopefully I can finish that guide up by the end of the weekend.
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 01/22/2015 3:13 AM

Awesome, thank you for answering,

My main concern with the palette is mostly Kuhnas, since I never planned to use it on Lucain/Paragon unless there was a specific thing I reeeaaallly wanted (but generally, I like letting you guys do whatever <3) But with Kuhna, there's more that I don't really care about the colors and whatnot since I have an idea of how things might look when I breed, but sometimes I really want those fangs on the Saber Kuhna, or that Rejection base or whatnot.

And on that note, a quick question:
If we breed a Lakuhndra and a Kuhna, the babies turn out to be Kuhnas correct? I remember a looooong time ago there was a similar breeding (when the EoF came out) and I think the ones who bred/owned the Kuhna had the option to change it to a Lakuhndra free (since that might've been the purpose of using a Lakuhndra) Is that still a thing, or is it different now? ^^

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Silverin » 01/22/2015 10:05 AM

Yes I am pretty sure if you breed Lakundra to a kuhna or even a lakundra with another lakundra you only get kuhna. I don't recall there being anything that allowed anyone to change their kuhnas into lakundra for free if you used an EoF. I would say its like any other kuhna in that you have to pay to get it evolved since none EoF customs cost to evolve.

PLEASE DON'T GIFT ME. I AM NOT INTERESTED.
There are better folks to gift.
:::Breeders:::Rental:::WishList:::
Avi is from The Worst Monster Of Them All animation on youtube
Silverin
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2762
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 01/22/2015 10:39 AM

No, Millie is right. Back when EoF breedings started, because of the cost of the potion (which was like 800KS or something) and because Lakundras were locked to the originals only (again, at the start of it all), those who bred a Lakundra custom did have the ability to grow their Kuhna to a Lakundra for free.

People have to remember that the Kuhnas are the 'baby'/original form of the Lakundras. That's why breeding always nets you Kuhnas, because it makes no sense to breed a Lakundra from birth.

Honestly, though, with the lower costs of breeding and the wider availability of it, I don't think those Kuhnas should earn any special treatment. Back then, Lakundras were still around 250KS plus the 800~ for the EoF. But now evolving is available to every species with no restrictions, and the EoF is much, much, much cheaper, and nets you more babies than before.

Unless the other mods want to keep this (which wasn't even written in any official topic that I remember), I don't think this is something that will remain in effect.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate