This board is for any questions you may need answered. Please make sure to read the rules first, just so you don't end up asking something that's plainly stated. =3

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Help!

Newbie Questions. >.<

Postby LadyDante » 12/31/2007 5:05 PM

I just have a couple questions, I've looked in the FAQs and I haven't really found the answers. I apologize if they've been answered already elsewhere. >.<

1. How many pets are we allowed to have? I believe I've seen a rule somewhere stating that you can't have 3 or more of the same color, common, blood, etc, but what about pets in general?

2. I saw a list of mountable pets, and it mentions that you have to have a certain amount of loyalty. How exactly does loyalty work?

3. I've seen something called the Hidden Crossroads. What's this?

4 (Almost done, I swear). I know some pets are prone to retirement. What's the best way to prove I have a certain pet if it happens to get retired?

I believe that's it. Feel free to smack me upside the head if it's too much. I'm just trying to figure things out before I get too involved. XD
LadyDante
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 100
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 12/31/2007 5:12 PM

1. Well, the pets have different colors. "Blood" are the red pets, "Wood" are the brown pets, etc etc. You can have as many pets of a species as you want, but you cannot have more than, for example, 3 Blood Tali. If there are three colors for a single pet, than you can adopt up to nine of those. Three pets for each color.

2. Loyalty is a stat. As you go up in level while RPing, your pet's stats get +1 in every stats, apart from Righteousness and Darkness, which you can either not touch or decrease points from. When your pet's loyalty reaches X number, then it means it trusts you enough to let you mount it.

3. The Hidden Crossroads are the forums where Evelon started. It's now a separated forum from the Lands of Evelon.

4. As for Retirement... um, I have no idea. Where did you see that? Usually, it depends on how old you want your pet to be, and when you want it to "retire." It's all up to you, in a way.

... Oh wait. You meant when pets can't be adopted anymore.

The staff has what they call the Ownership List. That's the list that keeps track of the all the retired pets the members have, which makes it impossible for you to "steal" one of those retired pets, because they'll know you don't own it and track you down. So, whenever a pet is near retirement, the Mods will record who has how many of what, and then the pet won't be obtainable anymore. These pets are the ones you can trade and auction off.

Did that answer/help you?
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby Terri » 12/31/2007 5:12 PM

1. As maaaaany as you want. C=  You cvan have three of every single one, if you wish. =DD  There's no limit.

4. Don't worry, the mods know. ;) You won't have to prove anything, as long as you have said pet in your pen and labeled before retirement.  The mods then have a nifty list, and you don't have to do anything more. =]  Just be sure your pets are labeled with species and colour.

As to questions 2 and 3, uh...I dunno. =3 -uses her intellectual mind powers to summon someone smart to answer-

EDIT: Silly Shrewd, beating me. XP  Shameshame.
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 24
Donate

Postby LadyDante » 12/31/2007 5:20 PM

Thanks guys, that helps. Really appreciate it. :D
LadyDante
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items