This board is for any questions you may need answered. Please make sure to read the rules first, just so you don't end up asking something that's plainly stated. =3

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Help!

The Retirement List

Postby Moodypendelum » 02/17/2015 3:12 PM

I am sure I'm being stupid here somewhere, but I do feel the need to ask before I act on it.

Recently, I was given an evolver as a gift.  Just a gift.  Not a trade nor a buy.  Thing is, it's a Wilt Florana and has already been retired for some time.  I know that retired pets need to be brought up on a certain list or we don't own them anymore (or in my case never), but the list seems to be only valid for trades.

I'm a little nervous.  The person who gave me the Florana said that they'd let the mods know about the transaction, but I'm not sure where I go on the retirement list.  Can someone please help clarify or just let me know that I'm being paranoid?  I'm uncomfortable updating my zoo pen until I know for sure.

Note: I do know that zoo pens in question do require lists and am ok with that.  It's outside that particular thread that I'm worried about.
-We're all mad here.
Moodypendelum
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 185
Donate

Re: The Retirement List

Postby Indigo » 02/17/2015 3:32 PM

A post has been made in the retired trade thread transferring the Florana to you. That will be added in the corresponding ownership records thread when it gets updated, but in the meantime you can still use the Florana since there's a record of you owning it.

Regardless of whether you paid/traded for a pet or not, it still gets recorded as a trade.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/17/2015 3:34 PM

Just adding an input - "Trade" is a relative term; it means  gift, sell, trade, all that good stuff. All it means is a pet has passed from the hands of one person to another!

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Freezair » 02/17/2015 3:38 PM

The "trade lists" just signify any ownership change for pets, regardless of the reason. They're basically where you go to notify the mods of any rare pet ownership you have, for whatever reason. For a trade like a retired pet, only one person needs to post for the trade. It doesn't matter if the person posting is the trader or the tradee, so long as the post specifies from whom the pet was traded, and to whom it went. Which Sitara already did for you. :) The mods now know you own the pet, so don't worry; you don't have to do anything more now! Similarly, if you were to trade another pet of yours off to someone in the future, if you posted "I traded my [random pet] to [person]," they also wouldn't have to do anything.

The other thing the trading topics are used for, aside from ownership changes, is to register the names of special custom pets or breedable pets. Any pet that is one-of-a-kind has its name registered in the lists, basically. So if someone gave you a special custom Florana instead, you would post saying that "I own this custom now, and his/her name is now [Name]." However, this is optional--the pet will just be listed as Unnamed if you don't. :D

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Moodypendelum » 02/17/2015 4:27 PM

*Comes back expecting maybe one post; finds three*  :o

Phew.  That's all good to know.  I didn't see that particular post Sitara made, so I got antsy.  But thank you, all three of you, for your replies and clarification!   :D
-We're all mad here.
Moodypendelum
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 185
Donate

Postby Freezair » 02/17/2015 4:36 PM

Here's the subforum, in case you missed it: viewforum.php?f=189

Sitara's post is in the "Retired, Previously Freely Available" topic. :D

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate