This board is for any questions you may need answered. Please make sure to read the rules first, just so you don't end up asking something that's plainly stated. =3

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Help!

Paragon Facial Add-Ons?

Postby Freezair » 04/08/2015 5:40 PM

So I know Kyrit recently made an add-on/edit for the female Voidbringers that gets rid of their underbite, bringing them more in line with their male counterparts. Would a similar edit be possible for Placid Paragon? Would it be possible to give them larger eyes and/or a rounder head shape to make them more closely resemble their original version?

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Re: Paragon Facial Add-Ons?

Postby Kyrit » 04/22/2015 3:31 AM

Sorry for the long wait, but I've talked to Baal regarding your question since I'm sure it's something a lot of people would like to know as well and I didn't want to just say something without asking her first. Anyways, it essentially depends on the extent of what you're wanting. We only allow facial/structural edits that affect the 'silhouette' of the head, as in anything outer lying that doesn't need anything behind it to be drawn in. Slightly changing the jaw shape, or perhaps removal of some horns, ect. would be fine because they mostly require just drawing a line and using a layer mask to remove anything that you want to remove. The eyes aren't something we'll edit, but depending on what you're asking for the facial edit it could potentially be done.

Take this male Carapace for example. Baal removed his nasal horn. This only requires adding a layer mask to remove it.

If this is about what you're wanting, this could be done.The only thing I had to draw was a line, and it required no addition of shading or anything. Just a black line and then layer mask to remove anything outside of that line. If you're wanting more added in order to round the face out I can't do that, but yeah. If this example (right side) looks about like what you're wanting, sure.

Edit;
Also, here's an example using one of my own Paragon.
ImageImage
If I wanted to I could get the one on the right done since it's minor and only requires a layer mask.
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Postby Freezair » 04/22/2015 5:02 AM

AAAH! Yes, that's EXACTLY what I was hoping for! I understand if eye edits can't be done, but the more rounded snout is precisely what I was hoping for. Thanks mucho!~

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 04/22/2015 1:26 PM

Happy to help. =) After making that example, I might just make that my Paragon's official image at some point as well. XD
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 04/22/2015 4:31 PM

Heee. I was indeed hoping for those eye edits, since I've never really liked how... narrowed the new Placid's eyes were. I loved the big, shiny, open eyes of the originals, since they did look very placid. But I understand if it's not a thing that can happen!

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 05/05/2015 9:48 PM

Well guys, it looks like I've lied. Or rather, after fooling with the Placid a bit Baal's agreed that since I was able to give them larger eyes without having to bother any of the shading, it's completely do-able.

Since facial edits have been a popular idea recently, it's highly likely you guys will see a topic on the guidelines for getting these edits (pretty much what was discussed earlier in this thread) as well as examples of pre-approved facial edits.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate