This board is for any questions you may need answered. Please make sure to read the rules first, just so you don't end up asking something that's plainly stated. =3

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Help!

Embarrassing Question...

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 06/22/2015 8:29 AM

Okay, so... I'm slowly creeping back, and was looking over my inbox...
I have a permanent [1 new] message that I can't find, and apparently doesn't exist, because I've read everything, and I can't get rid of it. Could someone with the power to do so tell me how to get rid of said 'alert'?
[EDITING SIGNATURE PLEASE HOLD]
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 424
Donate

Re: Embarrassing Question...

Postby Jaykobell » 06/22/2015 8:57 AM

I asked Kreepy, considering she's the one who's more in tune with the kinks of the forums, but we can't access the private messages/inboxes of members. She said she can check the behind the scenes, but it's unlikely she'll be allowed to see anything from that end.

Our only guess is that there's a PM somewhere that you haven't read. Try to go through all your folders; also make sure it's not an alert from your Outbox/Sent Messages.

If all else fails and you're comfortable showing your interface, feel free to send the staff (if you don't want things public here) screenshots of what you're seeing. It might help us more if the problem won't go away.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby Redd » 06/22/2015 9:47 AM

I had a quick flick through the backend stuff, (surprise, surprise I can read PM's in there if I feel like a mad goose chase through random numbers, who knew) and I can confirm you do have an unread PM, it's just... from an old account that has been permanently deleted. See if you can't find the original PM again. If it's glitched properly and it's not visible at all, I'll have a look into how to fix it when I get home from work tomorrow. I think it's pretty outdated now, considering the content, but if you want access to the original message, please PM me.
It's not a quick fix as I'd hoped, I gotta run a few things through my test forums so I don't ruin the entire site in the process and it's getting late so I don't really want to wreck anything x'D If you don't find anything, I'll get back to you as soon as I can tomorrow. I thought we had squashed this ghost user. >|

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 06/24/2015 5:17 PM

Any luck with that ghost user?  >>
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 06/25/2015 1:53 AM

Sorry, I posted in my journal, but I'm moving house this weekend, and a new job to keep up with, so I've been distracted these last few days. I will get to it asap but the problem with fixing this issue is that I could potentially, permanently break private messages, so I want to make sure I have my head as clear as possible and all my tests done on the back-up site, so we don't have that happening. This takes time though, as you can imagine. I'm no IT guy, not yet anyway, so I need to research as much as possible before I do absolutely anything.
No one wants me permanently breaking the privates messages system I'm sure haha.

Like I said, it's not a quick fix sorry.

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 06/25/2015 2:14 AM

Okay! I'm sorry for asking. ^^;
Take your time, and relax, I know how weird moving can be! Don't put yourself out for my sake, and don't break the site! -Hugs-

I hope you feel less stress soon.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate