This board is for any questions you may need answered. Please make sure to read the rules first, just so you don't end up asking something that's plainly stated. =3

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Help!

PhotoShop Question?

Postby AuroraSky » 09/01/2015 1:41 PM

So lately I've been coming up with a bunch of ideas for customs, and instead of having to hassle people in the Bazaar to come up with previews for them, I've decided to try and work out how to make the previews myself. I'm currently purchasing Photoshop, but the problem is I'm a complete novice at such things (honestly the highest of praises to all of your artists out there :B) and I was wondering which Photoshop program you guys use?

There's Photoshop CC, Creative Cloud, Elements, Lightroom and...I'm not sure which one to get. Thank you!

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 486
Donate

Re: PhotoShop Question?

Postby zapdragon555 » 09/01/2015 3:37 PM

I use Adobe Photoshop CS5! It's a little old but it works well. I'm also a novice as far as types of things to get. What type of computer are you running, and what operating system? For example, I have a MacBook Pro and am running 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard).

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Kyrit » 09/01/2015 3:41 PM

I believe CS 5 is what I use as well. Probably a bit dated by now, but it does everything I've ever needed it to for Evelon work.
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1585
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 09/01/2015 4:18 PM

In and of itself, it's not 'a PhotoShop'... PhotoShop is an actual art program. xD I have CS6, but you could try downloading the free version of CS2 Adobe have on their website.

Otherwise free alternatives include Paint Tool SAI, GIMP, and Fire Alpaca. It depends on your computer, like zap mentioned.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 09/01/2015 4:30 PM

I make my pet previews using the free CS2 (Creative Suite 2) from Adobe's website. It's probably very well dated by now, but I had it in the past when it was still pretty new, so it's what I am familiar with. It gets everything done that I need it to do. It not costing a single dime is nice, too. xD

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate

Postby DeadAlice » 09/01/2015 6:20 PM

Adobe products were made for Macs mainly, not saying they can't be put onto others, but depending on which type of computer you have you might have to get an older version so it doesn't run slow because your computer doesn't have enough power to keep the program running properly. I have a Lenovo Thinkpad W520 (it's outdated by at least 3 models) and I run Photoshop CS6. ✌
Pen Shop Docs Wishes
DeadAlice
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 305
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 09/09/2015 11:46 AM

AH! Sorry it took so long for me to reply to this, after so many of you were so very helpful!! Busy week~

I ended up going with the 30 Day Trial for the Adobe Photoshop (I have a Mac Pro) and I'll see by the end if I want to continue through with it. Now the only problem is actually using, which I am (not surprisingly) stupid dumb at XD I'm going to have to look up some tutorial or something, because as of right now it's kind of a mess XD

Thank you all so much!

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer