This board is for any questions you may need answered. Please make sure to read the rules first, just so you don't end up asking something that's plainly stated. =3

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Help!

Marking Mutation Curiousity

Postby Moofius » 09/08/2015 11:33 PM

If both parents have the same marking with a known mutation (the best example I can think of being leopard and addition leopard, since both are very different) could their offspring produce the mutated marking AND the standard marking as the two possible markings? If it can occur, could it happen if only one parent has the marking?

Just something that popped into my head and that I was curious about. Don't feel rushed in answering, and I know when it comes to breeding mutations and the like, you want to all be in agreement and on the same page.

Thanks for answering my, prolly a bit weird, question. Sorry if the answer is somewhere about marking mutations. x^x
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1086
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 09/09/2015 12:03 AM

I'm not sure if I'm understanding the question, so I'll just explain how mutations work.

When bred, these mutations are not passed on to offspring at any greater rate than they have the chance of appearing from a normal breeding

This is the information given in the Center about marking Mutations. Genetically, a mutated marking counts as just the base marking. You can guarantee it passing if you wanted to use an Emission Liquor/Palette potion, but otherwise it just acts as the base marking genetically. So a Lucain with mutated Leopard is still going to pass down normal Leopard and might, based on the same chance any other Lucain with Leopard hard, pass on mutated Leopard. Like any marking, only one parent needs to have the marking.

If you're asking if a Lucain can have both the mutated and non-mutated version of a marking, no. It's still the same marking.

I hope that helped.
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1620
Donate

Re: Marking Mutation Curiousity

Postby Moofius » 09/09/2015 12:07 AM

Yeah my question was the second one! I knew the other stuff (all leopard markings have the same chance of passing down leopard mutation markings). I just wanted to know the second thing. c: Thanks~
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1086
Donate