This board is for any questions you may need answered. Please make sure to read the rules first, just so you don't end up asking something that's plainly stated. =3

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Help!

Placeholder Pets - Answered!

Postby Miss. Meow » 06/02/2016 6:01 AM

I looked around a bit on this topic, but wanted to be absolutely sure of the answer before acting.

Can we adopt a pet as a placeholder for a free coloration we hope to acquire in the future? In this case, I have a character I'm eager to use, but I have a very specific coloration (blaze) and species (fellox) in mind for him. This coloration doesn't exist for this species yet, but might be added later on. Until then I want to just make this character and get to RPing him.

If or when the coloration I want is made for the species I want this character to be, can I transfer the character over or will he be stuck as the coloration I originally adopted? Also, can I discard the original coloration (since it's a freebie) or will I have to keep it?
Miss. Meow
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 250
Donate

Re: Placeholder Pets

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/02/2016 8:09 AM

You sure can; lots of people use placeholder pets (even ones that aren't freebies!) If its a freebie pet and you want to discard it, you are not required at all to hang onto the one you used, since freebie pets (with the exclusion of retired colorations) aren't kept track of or recorded except by you yourself. You can use any pet (or even multiple pets if you want them to have different forms) for a character and what you do with them is up to you. If you're concerned about the stats then you'd simply take over the new stats for the new species and tally up the stats for the posts with that particular character, I assume. But for stats I'm not entirely sure. If stats are your concen, then my best guess would be to go with a freebie placeholder pet of the same species you intend to make that character.

If you need me to clarify anything I wrote just lemme know; lololo it can get confusing.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Re: Placeholder Pets

Postby Miss. Meow » 06/02/2016 8:33 AM

Nope, you explained everything perfectly, thanks! I just wasn't sure if switching characters between pets was allowed or not.  ^_^
Miss. Meow
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 250
Donate