This board is for any questions you may need answered. Please make sure to read the rules first, just so you don't end up asking something that's plainly stated. =3

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Help!

Kuhna Genetics Question

Postby Skeetzybug » 01/09/2017 3:37 AM

So. Hydrokuhna genetics are always dominate - does this apply in hybrid situations as well? If one parent is say, a Pure Kuhna, are their genetics always going to be dominant, or if they're the "female" parent are the Hydro genetics just ignored, and the Spectrakuhna Preluhna (oops) used?

I think I know the answer, but I just wanted to be sure when picking breeding pairs. c: Thank you!!

He sleeps alone,
He needs no army where he's headed cause he knows
That they're just ghosts
And they can't hurt him if he can't see them
And I don't know
If in the morning I will be here and if so,
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Imp Docs ☽☾ Zoo ☽☾ Wishlist
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 90
Donate

Re: Kuhna Genetics Question

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/09/2017 4:49 AM

Let me see. This one is a bit tricky to explain.

In the case of Hybrids with Hydro genetics, they are placed according to their gender. Males are dominant, as it is important that the second genetic is applied correctly. If it was a breeding with a male Trikuhna and a female Pure Kuhna, they would produce Nightlight (Trikuhna/Preluhna) and Nightwind (Hydro/Trikuhna), as well as the pure breds from the paring (like a Trikuhna) available from the pairing. (To be honest, doing about 20 test rolls for that pairing comes with Nightlights and Nightwinds appearing at about the same rate, really.) While a male Pure Kuhna and female Trikuhna would result in Nightwind (Hydro/Trikuhna) and Lantern Kuhnas (Trikuhna/Preluhna), plus pures.

In the case with Hydro genetics always being dominant, it simply means that no matter if they are male or female, you will get the same babies from the same sort of pairing. Male Hydro + Female Trikuhna results in Nightwind Kuhnas, and so does Male Trikuhna + Female Hydro.

However, if it was something like Male Trikuhna + Female Kanua results in Treat Kuhnas, while Male Kanua + Female Trikuhna results in Sugar Kuhnas.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate

Postby Skeetzybug » 01/09/2017 2:30 PM

Oh, thank you so much!! That is different than I was thinking, so it is much appreciated. It does lead me into a second question though - when using an ELE pet in a same-gender pairing, you just state which one you want in the "male" slot, correct?

He sleeps alone,
He needs no army where he's headed cause he knows
That they're just ghosts
And they can't hurt him if he can't see them
And I don't know
If in the morning I will be here and if so,
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Imp Docs ☽☾ Zoo ☽☾ Wishlist
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 90
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/09/2017 3:32 PM

Yep, yep.

You just indicate which one you'd like dominant whenever you use a same gender pairing.

There are a few ways to word it, really, but it all means the same thing to those of us that roll your breedings. If the two Kuhnas are female, you' can indicate which one is in the "male," slot/position. With two male Kuhnas, you can indicate which one is "female." Or you can simply say something like, "Mister Sugar is dominant for this breeding." All are perfectly acceptable.

If a dominant one isn't indicated, we'll likely roll in whatever order the images are posted in, or how their names are arranged in the title.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate