This board is for any questions you may need answered. Please make sure to read the rules first, just so you don't end up asking something that's plainly stated. =3

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Help!

Question

Postby MillietheWarrior » 11/04/2018 11:27 AM

Sorry to post here when I should know the answer but I just wanted clarification; we can seep things we paid real life money for of our own (not ones we got from others) on here for that same value in RL currency right? Does it apply to all things we paid actual money for, including GT? I know bred and re-purchased pets (regardless of whether or not they’re customs) can’t be but if we paid in RL money during a sale or whatnot can we sell for that price still or does it have to be GT? And can’t gT be sold or no because it’s hard to tell what we bought and what others bought? I’m unsure if that rule changes and I don’t want to break any of those rules, but I’m going to be getting rid of all my pets I paid my own money for because of personal/life reasons.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Re: Question

Postby Kyrit » 11/06/2018 11:38 AM

Sorry for the slow reply, you happened to catch me on a work day and while I do keep watch on Evelon I almost never having time to post on those.

Anyways, here's the excerpt from the rules in regards to selling pets for cash;

However, there are a few exceptions to this rule. Any pet that YOU originally bought for $RL can be sold back for personal monetary profit. If you bought a custom and you are not satisfied with it, another user can buy the pet from you for $RL — this Evelon's version of a "refund", should you be unsatisfied with your purchase. This rule follows the original buyer only. For example, if you bought a custom from User A, you cannot sell this custom for personal profit, since you did not buy the custom with $RL directly from Baal. This right is only reserved for User A, who used their own $RL to pay Baal for a custom.

However, you are allowed to sell pets for $RL that will be used on other Evelon features. This could be to buy another custom or random, or in order to buy items, such as Breeding Keys or a Fortuna Strain. Such trades typically translate to Evelon's second currency: Goddess Tears (GT). You may trade your pets for GT if you are uninterested in KS or other pets. GT is Evelon's equivalent to $RL, where 1 GT = $1. Guidelines for purchasing GT can be found here. Since this money will be used on Evelon purchases, you are not profiting personally, which is why this is allowed.

For the breedables, this is pretty easy since they're only available for cash as far as customs/randoms go. Basically if it's got your name in the url, you're fine selling it. When it comes to things like non-breedable customs, it gets a little more iffy since it's possible you could have bought the custom/token to make the custom using KS. But you can always dig around and see how you went about getting them, and if you can show that you made the purchase with GT/cash then you're fine selling those as well.

I'd say that also goes for GT; if you could prove that all the GT you currently have was bought by you, you'd be able to sell it to others. Looking through your cash logs though, the GT you currently have is from a trade with Omni.

If you have any questions about any pets that you're unsure if you can or can't sell for cash, just let me know! I know times can be hard, so I'm happy to help track down things that have and haven't been paid for with cash/gt.
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 11/07/2018 1:52 AM

Thanks luff~ that’s super helpful. My next question is about tokens? I don’t have anymore use for them and tbh it takes a year+ for a custom to be made (imcurrently still waiting on one so I can’t use any other tokens anyway) so I don’t really want/need them. I’m keeping gift/birthday ones for obvious reasons but can I sell the others?

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 11/07/2018 1:49 PM

I was able to confirm 3 of the Basic Custom Tokens and 2 of the Premium Custom Tokens you have were purchased by you with cash. Those ones would be fine to sell for cash, the others could only be sold for Evelon resources.
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate