This board is for any questions you may need answered. Please make sure to read the rules first, just so you don't end up asking something that's plainly stated. =3

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Help!

Strains, Fragments, DNA and Specimens: A Guide

Postby Redd » 03/27/2020 8:52 PM

In the past, there's been a distinct lack of use for fully developed Sickle pets. You used to be able to Fortuna them, but since the item has been sitting in the discontinued status for some time, we came up with an alternative to it.

So we introduced three new items, fragments, DNA and specimens. Fragments are components of Strains and DNA are components of Specimens. All of these items can be turned in at the Evo-Lux Emporium (Sickles must still be hatched at the The Metamorphose Medical Clinic however) and more details and forms will be added to that facility shortly.

Pick A Color: On Fragments and Strains

Strains are an item that determines the Color of a Specimen or Sickle. An Umbra Strain will produce an Umbral Lusikross, for example.

• Three fragments will always make a strain of the same name.
• You cannot mix and match fragments.
• Strains can only be used on Specimens and Sickle species. Mysterious Eggs must be hatched first.
• You do not need to combine the fragments in advance, simply by turning three in with the Specimen/DNA/Sickle, they'll be combined for you.

Known Strains
Sol
The Sol Strain is a rather unique pathogen, discovered after a particularly violent solar storm. Under sunlight exposure, it glows and grows too hot to touch. Despite how volatile and hot this serum seems to be, the virus does easily attach to viable animal species and is capable of filling the gaps of incomplete genetic code.

Umbra
The Umbra Strain is a rare and unusual pathogen, first discovered in samples obtained from meteor impact sites. Under moonlight, this serum glows and becomes cold to touch. Despite it's alien origin, the virus does easily attach to viable animal species and is capable of filling the gaps of incomplete genetic code.

Everfall
The Everfall pathogen is synthesized from biological samples obtained deep within Tengel Rainforest. Under microscope, this luminescent solution appears to be of plant origin, but the virus does easily attach to viable animal species and is capable of filling the gaps of incomplete genetic code.

Weaver
The Weaver Strain is a substance derived from a synthesis of a strange golden thread-like substance, found within an abandoned facility in Aldrect, and scales of a preserved Chaos specimen. Like others, it is capable of filling the gaps of incomplete genetic code.

Known Locations
Everfall Strain - Everfall Fragments from an Event
Sol Strain -Raffles
Umbra Strain - Raffles
Weaver Strain - Festival of the Golden Thread

Pick A Species: On DNA and Specimens
And Mysterious Eggs, by extension

Specimens are an item that determines Species. If a Sol Strain is used on a Lusikross, you'd get a Sol Lusikross.

• Three DNA vials will always make a specimen of the same name
• You cannot mix and match DNA to make a new species (sorry to all you crazy scientists out there)
• You cannot 'hatch' specimens into a basic form like the Mysterious Egg.
• You do not need to combine the DNA in advance, simply by turning three in with the Fragments/Strain, they'll be combined for you.

Known Specimens
Draconic - Xargael
This vial contains an undeveloped dragon-like specimen. Occasionally, it appears to go missing from the confines of the vial, though it always comes back. Alas, there is not enough genetic material to complete the creature and a strain must be used to complete it's genetic code.

Feline - Khimera
Data not found

Mustelid - Phyrette
This vial contains an undeveloped mustelid-like specimen. This one appears very active and the glass feels warm underneath your fingertips. Alas, there is not enough genetic material to complete the creature and a strain must be used to complete it's genetic code.

Serpentine - Ilos
This vial contains an undeveloped serpentine-like specimen. Researchers have reported their dreams being altered and experiencing an unusual amount of good luck when the specimen is in their possession. Alas, there is not enough genetic material to complete the creature and a strain must be used to complete it's genetic code.

Vulpine - Ipinox
This vial contains an undeveloped vulpine-like specimen. It's genetic code seems to shift and changed depending on the season and phase of the moon. Alas, there is not enough genetic material to complete the creature and a strain must be used to complete it's genetic code.

Other Viable Species

Lucross - Lusikross - Luxard
Socross - Solokross - Solorex

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth