This board is for any questions you may need answered. Please make sure to read the rules first, just so you don't end up asking something that's plainly stated. =3

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Help!

Traits, Stats, and stuff.

Postby ziggy » 02/25/2008 8:59 PM

Okay. So I read all the rules, everything about the stats, looked at the other information, but there are still some things that I don't fully understand.

TRAITS:

What are passive and battle traits :?: ?

How do you know where to find out about those traits (couldn't find that, no matter where I looked!)

Stats:

So I know that there are templates for certain creatures, but how do you know how much to increase that thing by every time you post (five times I think it was?)?

Rank thingies on your mini profile side bar thing:

I saw some people with little ribbon/banner thingies, and I have a puny little star (which I know is because I am a beginner), but what is the difference between getting the banners and the stars?

How many posts do you need for each rank (ex: bob needed 0-25 posts to be a newbie, 26-50 to be a member, 51-75 to be a special person... etc.)??? Just wondering. :lol:

Siggies

Okay, I read tons of stuff about what you can have in your siggies and how much and blah blah blah... but I am confused... Some stuff said one thing and another said something else! Would someone (preferrably admin- just so I know it is true) tell me how many: Pets, Words, Etc. you can have in a signature?
ziggy
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 100
Donate

Postby Solita » 02/25/2008 11:08 PM

Lol, yeah, our signature rules are kind of obnoxious. I think at one point Tick-Tock and I actually contradict each other. Basically, if you have more than one image, set them side by side (and if you can't set them side by side without stretching the boards - exceeding 600 pixels wide - then you need to remove one of the images). So, one pet and a few lines of text underneath it would be acceptable; a banner that's 400 pixels tall (or even 300, maybe) would not. And when in doubt, PM one of the moderators.

I'll let someone more familiar with the traits and stats explain those.

For normal users, the more posts you make the more starts you get, 'though I don't know the specific number. Tick-Tock, our admin/forum coder would prolly know the answer (Baal, the site owner, might, but then again she might not remember XD ). Anyone with something that's not a band of yellow stars is staff. The little ribbons with stars hanging from them are mods/ an admin, Draiz has a red star, and Tick-Tock has Wings - there might be a few mods (or Site Helpers) running around that don't have the special banners, but their names appear in green (admins in yellow).
Solita
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2
Donate

Postby ziggy » 02/26/2008 4:57 PM

Thanks for answering two parts of my list :lol: ! I understand the signature and the star banner thingy now!

Now just to find out about the stats...
ziggy
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 100
Donate

Postby Kodai » 02/26/2008 6:52 PM

Passive Traits are Traits that show other people what your pet is capable of in a roleplay, and Battle Traits are Traits that come into play during battle. Simple as that. :3

When your pet levels, each stat goes up by 1 unless your pet was in an area that raises a certain stat more quickly. For example, if you look at the description for the Basantha Shrine area, you'll see that it says (+2 to Exploration). That means, when your pet levels up there, you add 2 to its Exploration instead of 1.
--Righteousness and Darkness are a bit different in that you don't have to add to them when your pet levels up. You can't add the points later, though, so make sure you really don't want to add them before choosing to do so.

they're lesbians, harold

~1st February 2007~
House - Breeder's Listing - Trades - Art - Wishlist
Kodai
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 674
Donate