A city of white and silver, doctors from all over the world come to converge here and find work. Hospitals of all kinds decorate the white walkways of the city. There are many notable ones you can visit if your pet is in need of some attention. (+3 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Medicai City

[* Seasonal Medicine [P]

Postby Jaykobell » 04/10/2015 12:13 AM

It was cold around this time of year, and it was only going to get colder. As December rolled around and the holidays came closer, the weather got even harsher. Admittedly, on this day, they were spoiled by relatively warm weather, with a bright sun overhead and barely any wind. The sun wasn't the warmest during the winter, but the lack of wind certainly helped to cope with this weather.

She was bundled up, going up to an apartment building, making echoes of footprints as she walked through the snow. Not too thick, but not exactly thin, either; and not only that, you had to be careful not to slip on ice. With so much snow, sometimes it just made the ice underneath even more slippery. As beautiful as it was from inside and from afar, winter certainly wasn't all that hospitable at all.

She sighed as she reached the doorstep, and she didn't waste time ringing the bell for the person she wanted. Today was going to be an interesting day, but if anything, it would be entertaining. Since the person she'd rung was expecting them, she figured it would take little time to see them running down the stairs and then dash right out into the cold.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Re: [* Seasonal Medicine [P]

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/10/2015 9:27 AM

"Oh!" Jennifer gasped as she heard her buzzer sound, and she quickly answered it, speaking into the receiver. "Be down in a sec!" Excitement buzzed through her, and a bit of nervousness as well. Then again, she always seemed to get like this whenever something out of the ordinary was happening--not a very good thing when it came to medical procedures. But this was different. She smiled as she yanked on her puffy blue coat and gloves. She reached up to take her hair out of its bun, figuring she'd be warmer if she let the chin-length curls hang loose, and she grabbed her satchel before darting down the staircase.

After nearly tripping once, she moved marginally slower, until she reached the bottom and darted out the front door of the apartment complex, greeting Cybele with a sunny grin. "Hey, sorry! Brr, it's freezing out here!" she laughed, rubbing at her arms, her nose already turning a bit pink. "At least compared to inside. It's actually pretty nice out." She pocketed her key, which she'd been swinging in a loop of index finger and thumb on the way down the stairs, and looked attentively at the nurse. "Where are we going?"

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

[2] [1]

Postby Jaykobell » 04/10/2015 5:25 PM

As expected, the doctor had almost been waiting at her door the whole time. The nurse waited patiently after having heard the voice from the speaker, keeping her arms crossed in a poor attempt to handle this cold.

Before long, there was a woman dashing out the door, a bright, eager smile on her face. Admittedly, with that kind of face, the blonde nurse couldn't help but to return the smile. "Hi, Jennifer," she greeted, uncrossing her arms, just to avoid looking angry. She doubted it, though, considering the doctor seemed to feel the same way towards this weather. "Ah, I'm sick of this weather, personally," she sighed, her breath coming out as a little puff, and she shook her head. "Don't apologize: we're right on time. This way," she said, turning around and leading Jennifer along.

It was easy to see where they were going, considering there was only one car still running nearby. "Doctor Endzela was thinking of going to the big mall nearby," she said in response to Jennifer's question of where they were going. "Hopefully there won't be too many people." An impossible feat around this time of year, but one could only hope.

"Here," the nurse said as they reached the rumbling car - one of a nice, but not too fancy or expensive make, and of a bright silver color - and she opened the door to the back seat for Jennifer to hop in, "go on in."

The inside was leather, together with some wooden accents by the handles and the doors.
Besides all that, there was also the driver inside the car, the familiar grey-haired doctor Jennifer had been working with at the hospital. "Hey there, Jennifer," Neil greeted, waving his hand as he leaned his arm and elbow against the back of his seat. Shortly after Jennifer had gotten in, the nurse shut the door and slipped inside the car herself, getting in with a gasp and a relieved sigh.

"You ready to go?" Neil asked Jennifer, giving his nurse enough time to settle down and buckle up; same for Jennifer, too.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/14/2015 10:57 PM

Jennifer followed after Cybele like a duckling, sticking close behind her and making sure not to slip in the snowy ice on the ground. Her eyes lit up at the mention of a mall, a gasp escaping her. "Oh, that'll be fun! I haven't been there in ages. I can never find the time, since I always get so caught up in things in there that I never find my way out!" she laughed, her breath clouding in the air before she cleared her throat, blinking at the car. Right, right.

Jennifer slid into the seat and blinked at the back of Neil's grey head, her eyes softening a little before she smiled brightly at him. "Hi, Dr. Endzela," she said, still not quite used to calling him by his first name. Something about it just made her embarrassed, even if they were off work. Jennifer glanced at Cybele and smiled at her, settling in and strapping herself in. "Yep, I think we're ready. Brought some money... but don't let me spend a bunch of it, okay? I'm counting on the both of you!" she chuckled, then sat back a bit, hoping to calm herself down enough to not sound quite so bubbly. "How have you two been, anyway?"

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

[3] [2]

Postby Jaykobell » 04/14/2015 11:32 PM

"You can call me Neil, you know," the doctor reminded her, tilting his head and showing teeth as he grinned. "Or is Cybele rubbing off on you?" he teased, though he started to turn around, having heard Cybele buckling up. "Everybody ready? Off we go, then!" he said, putting the car onto Drive, and going off the sidewalk and back into the road.

"Oh, don't worry about any of that," Neil added, this time referring to the money, leaning against his seat and driving nonchalantly with one hand. "With Cybele around, we won't be buying anything."

"Not anything besides what we need," Cybele added, pulling out a list from her own purse, unfolding it and clicking a pen on.

"Told you," Neil chuckled, shaking his head. "We've been doing good, though. It'll be nice to step outside the hospital for a bit. Gets stuffy in there after a whole week." Admittedly, the weather didn't make for a very pleasant trip outside, but the holidays were coming up. Not only that, but Neil had already told Jennifer why they were going, namely to find a proper gift for a familiar nurse.

"Have you been doing good, though, Jennifer?" he asked back, while Cybele was busy reviewing the lists she had in hand. "I think it's just you and me right now; looks like Cybele's still lagging behind at St. Lazare."

The doctor chuckled, and then the nurse blinked as she suddenly looked up. "What?"
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/17/2015 6:39 PM

Jennifer grinned sheepishly at Neil's words, unable to stop the small flutter of happiness in her chest. Right, they were... they were equals, weren't they? At least in rank. Hardly in skill, though, Jennifer reminded herself; maybe that was why it was so odd to call Neil by his first name. "That's alright," she said in response, nodding her head. "Buying things is the unfun part of shopping. It's way more fun to just browse," she chuckled, tapping out a small rhythm on her knee with her gloved hand.

"Mhm, I mean, I'm used to the whole spending hours in the hospital thing from university," she added with a small grin, shrugging. "But I get a little restless." Her smile turned a little knowing as she glanced at the back of Neil's head. She knew their mission, to find a gift that Cybele would not only accept but actually enjoy. Maybe something useful... Cybele seemed like the practical type.

"Oh? Ah... yeah, I've been great!" she said in response with a smile, figuring the simple response was better than going into details. Really, the day had been going a bit roughly, from burning her breakfast to knocking over a vase in her apartment, but she knew this would be a fine pick me up. She giggled at Neil's words, ducking away from Cybele as if it would hide her laughter from the nurse.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

[4] [3]

Postby Jaykobell » 04/17/2015 7:30 PM

"Eh... what's the point of browsing if you can't buy things you want, though?" Neil pointed out, though of course, he kept his eyes on the road as they spoke.

"You'll clutter your house if you shop that way," Cybele pointed out, returning to her list. "Especially when we need money for other things."

As they stopped at a light, Neil took the chance to look over the lists Cybele had. "What are those, anyway? Do you have that many things to buy?" he asked, craning his neck to try to read what was on the papers.

"They're not for me," she replied, flipping through them and putting notes next to the items listed on the papers. "A lot of these are things your father asked me to buy while we're out shopping."

Even from the backseat, Neil's expression could be seen changing from curiosity to dread, and then to annoyance. "Oh, for God's sake..." he mumbled, leaning against his seat and turning his head back to the road. "We're not going there to do his shopping," he pointed out, rolling his eyes before frowning.

"Those things are for you," Cybele pointed out, glancing at the doctor for a moment before returning to the lists.

She could tell Neil was aggravated over learning the fact, and she repositioned herself on her seat to look out in the back towards Jennifer. "He says the majority of your shirts are getting old," she started, and she gave Jennifer a little glance. "He also pointed out that you need more socks," she continued, and her face visibly changed to a small, mischievous grin. "And underwear," she added, trying to keep herself from giggling as her smile got wider. "He said to go with cotton... or silky smooth."

"Are— Are you done?" Neil snapped, actually turning a bit to give Cybele the stink eye as she literally listed his entire wardrobe to someone he honestly didn't know; and he didn't really fancy everyone knowing what he wore on a daily basis.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/19/2015 6:07 PM

Jennifer had stared at Cybele in amusement at first at the woman's words. Her eyes flicked from Neil to Cybele and back to Neil, a laugh bubbling up out of her that she tried to stifle with her hands. Neil's father sounded like a sweet man, she thought to herself as she bit her lip to stop her laughter, silently watching the show between the other two. At Cybele's last words the laugh burst out of her, and she ducked her head, holding her stomach as she half-doubled over. "Ohh, jeez--p-please don't have a wreck, Doctor," she chuckled, wiping her eyes and grinning as she straightened up in her seat, glancing at Cybele with an embarrassed flush at her outburst of laughter. "S-sorry..."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: [5] [4]

Postby Jaykobell » 04/27/2015 2:59 PM

Cybele couldn't help but to laugh as well when Jennifer played along, much to Neil's dismay as the two women went on to laugh. He visibly frowned, turning his attention to the light; at least his car wouldn't start making fun of his fundamental clothes. "Yeah, I'd like to see either of you laugh if I started listing your wardrobe," he groaned, waiting for that light to turn green; which is did shortly afterwards, and at least now he had an excuse not to listen.

"I'm a nurse, doctor," Cybele pointed out, turning around back into her seat to look back to Neil. "I see a lot of people's wardrobes on a daily basis... besides other things." Some tests required patients to be naked, whether fully or partially, and as a nurse, sometimes it involved sights that were less than pleasant. "I can't say much for Jennifer, but I see my fair share of things every day."

"Yeah, but you don't go telling everyone else what they're wearing," Neil pointed out, and from the tone of his voice, he really hadn't appreciated Cybele's comments there.

"I'm bound by a non-disclosure agreement not to put the integrity of our patients under jeopardy," the nurse replied without even flinching, and without even really paying attention to Neil's bad mood.

But seeing how the doctor seemed upset now, Cybele turned back around a bit. "Seems like things have turned around; looks like it's just you and me now, Jennifer."
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 05/02/2015 12:36 PM

Jennifer's laughter tapered off slightly as she noticed Neil looked truly affronted. She winced inwardly, then blinked as Cybele addressed her, a tittering laugh coming out of her. "Yeah, just us," she chuckled, figuring it would be more awkward to ask if Neil was okay than just pretend like nothing happened. Though, that wasn't really her way, and she felt conflicted, her chest fluttering slightly with a small flicker of guilt. She hoped Neil didn't stay mad, at least. This was going to be fun!

Perking up at the thought, Jennifer smiled and relaxed in her seat slightly. "It's been awhile since I've actually gone shopping, anyway. I gotta make sure I don't get lost or anything; I may be a doctor, but when it comes to directions, I'm not sure I know anything."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

[6] [5]

Postby Jaykobell » 05/03/2015 11:49 AM

Jennifer didn't seem too fazed by Neil's mood, so Cybele did much of the same and acted as if nothing had happened. She was used to his sporadic bouts of crankiness, but the same couldn't be said of everyone who knew Neil. That especially applied to those who had just started working with him.

"I don't go very often," Cybele replied to Jennifer's comment about how the doctor hadn't gone shopping in some time. It was only at that moment that Cybele realized she'd called Jennifer by her name, and she tried to stifle her embarrassment. It had just been a slip of the tongue in their teasing, but she would have to remember she was a nurse and Jennifer was a doctor; and it was important to recognize that. "Although Neil has been inviting me shopping over the past few months."

Neil still kept to himself as the two women talked, keeping his attention on the road instead of participating in the banter. It gave him a legitimate excuse not to talk, at least. Although, the constant red lights were becoming frustrating. "We'd get there faster if we could catch any stupid green lights," he groaned, giving those lights the stink eye.

"We're almost there," Cybele pointed out, and she shuffled back forward, putting her papers in her bag. "Just a bit more."

They weren't that much farther away, just like Cybele had said. Just a few lights later, in a matter of about ten minutes, they'd reached the mall. Parking had taken a bit, but ultimately, it hadn't been all that difficult. It was always a matter of luck, and the trio had been lucky enough to catch a shopper leaving, earning themselves a good parking space.

With the bitter cold, it took even less time for them to get inside, entering into a flood of shoppers, Christmas decorations, and all sorts of holiday feelings all around. Some carols were playing in the background, and a few holiday services were being offered, such as meeting Santa for the children, and a kiosk for volunteers to wrap the shoppers' gifts, if they so wished.

They stepped inside one of the mall lobbies, and Neil looked around before turning to the two girls. "So," he started, looking from Cybele to Jennifer and then back. "How are we doing this?"
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 05/15/2015 4:31 PM

Jennifer was looking a little bit overwhelmed, a lot excited, at the throngs of people bustling around the mall. Everything was cheerful noise and chatter, and she blinked as Neil spoke, perking up and staring at him with wide blue eyes for a moment. "Oh... oh, right! Ahh, well, Cybele has the list..." she dithered, smiling sheepishly and glancing at Cybele, not quite trusting herself with the little secret between herself and the other doctor. She wondered when they'd be able to separate to pick out a gift for Cybele; maybe she could distract the nurse while Neil went and looked... oh, but Neil would probably need another girl there, just in case he picked out something weird that Cybele might not like. But then, Neil probably knew Cybele way better than Jennifer did...

Blinking out of her thoughts, Jennifer smiled with renewed vigor. "But besides that, we could always just follow the flow of the crowd and break off if we see something interesting, right?"

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

[7] [6]

Postby Jaykobell » 05/21/2015 5:12 PM

Cybele looked around, herself, looking for a map of the mall. "Since we're looking for gifts," she started as she walked to the nearest map of the mall, "it might be best to split."

The map laid out the five floors of the mall, all with a specific color. Underneath, the shoppers could find a massive list of every single store available in the mall, all grouped by categories, such as Men's Clothes and Electronics.

"I need doctor Endzela for part of my lists," Cybele reminded the two, and she cracked just a small smile as Neil raised an eyebrow at her, as if daring her to get on that topic again. "It's up to you what you want to do."

"Well, those aren't really important at all," Neil pointed out, and he turned to Jennifer. "I can come back whenever I want for... whatever's on there," he added, and he avoided mentioning specifically what it was Cybele had on those lists.

"How about we split, and we can meet up again later back here in the main center?" he suggested, and he glanced at Jennifer. "Though I could help you around, Jennifer, if you've never been here before."
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 06/04/2015 11:26 AM

Jennifer was peering at the large map, eyes flicking down the list of various stores, then looked up at Neil's suggestion. "Oh... splitting, ah..." she pondered for a moment, looking back at the map with a slightly intimidated look on her face. She really did get lost easily, but... "I think I'll be okay," she chuckled, though it came out a little nervous. "Like--crowds are a little wild, but everything should be fine... I could just call one of you up if something freaky happens?" she suggested, shifting her weight from foot to foot as she glanced back and forth between Neil and Cybele. A big part of her really did want someone to go with her, but if it would slow things down, then she was sure she could manage on her own. Probably.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate