A wide open space in contrast to the dense Tengel jungle, the Sekudui Farmlands are open to all farmers and ranchers! There is much space available and plenty of resources to help raise some fine Tuskow or Roosken. (+3 Endurance, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Sekudui Farmlands

-Welcome to Santa's Workshop!- (4 slots, WIN GIFTBOXES!)

Postby Freezair » 12/07/2011 11:43 PM

What was that fluffy, gooey, slimy white stuff on the ground? It bore a vague resemblance to snow, but it almost never snowed in Barakka, especially not this close to the jungle. It did snow in higher altitudes, but even those who'd been to the mountains, or teleported to Lambastia for a winter day trip were forced to conclude it was not snow. It didn't melt in the heat, or on your hand, it tasted foul, and it smelled decidedly plasticky. In fact, on closer inspection, it appeared to be "instant snow powder," of the sort one might find in the "science toys" section of a toy store. And someone had bought out one lucky toy store's entire stock, because the unnatural stuff fairly blanketed a section of the fields.

The anti-snow, however, was only slightly more unusual than the enormous building that had appeared seemingly out of nowhere, overnight. Painted in different shades of red, green, and glitter, spiraling into the sky with wavering golden banners and candy-cane-shaped poles, the building clearly shared no kinship with the local farmhouses, and most of the nearby ones looked as if they were trying fiercely to disown it. The building blared itself proudly, a set of large speakers on the premises blaring a highly esoteric collection of vaguely Christmasy-sounding music.

Anyone who ventured too near found themselves immediately accosted by a rather forward Polly. Given the scenery, one might have expected him to be wearing a Santa outfit. Apparently, this particular bird was too humble to ape the big man himself, because he dressed, rather, like an elf--his entire body jingled with bells, off his five-pointed hat, on the tips of his jagged-cut tunic, and on the heels of his curly shoes. "Hey there, buddy boy!" he squawked. "I may look like an ordinary Polly, but I'm not! I'm really Santa's head elf, come to spread good cheer to all of Evelon! It's true!"

He gestured to the sugar-frosted building off in the distance with a wave of his jingly wing. "You see that? That right there? That's my home--Santa's Workshop!" He tilted his head. "North Pole? No, no, no! That's just Santa's timeshare! This is where his real workshop is located. It's true!" Anyone who'd lived in the area could attest that that building had not been there a few days ago, and if anything was a timeshare... But the frost-kissed, glimmering exterior had a certain earnestness about it. And it probably didn't do to think about the sort of person who would use the Christmas atmosphere of kinship and brotherhood amidst man and beast to take advantage of people.

"Best part is, Santa's allowing select few people inside. And you could be one of them! It's true! Just sign up here for this once-in-a-lifetime, sure-to-be-magical chance!" He flapped heavily beneath the constraints of his costume, over to a small folding desk, where a clipboard bearing a sign-up sheet rested next to a steaming mug of hot cocoa. "But just in case you needed motivation, I'll sweeten the deal! Yes, not only will you get a chance to venture into the mystical world of Santa's workshop, buuuuut..." He took a deep breath.

"YOU COULD TAKE HOME A RARE PET, STRAIGHT FROM SANTA HIMSELF!"

He chuckled. "Ho ho! Thought that'd get your attention," he said. "Yeah, I got tricks up my sleeve. It's true! Now, if you'd like to participate, come this way."

The Polly lead the people over to the desk. He passed out a number of brochures to the people, each one containing a fold-out map:

"You can also consult the larger version for a better look at the detailing," he said. "Now, allow me to explain how this little event works..."

-RULES! (LISTEN CLOSELY, BECAUSE I BITE! IT'S TRUE!)-

1. There may be no more than five PARTICIPANTs in SANTA'S WORKSHOP at one time.

2. Each PARTICIPANT may make no more than TEN MOVES (posts). After making TEN MOVES (posts), each PARTICIPANT must leave. Then a new PARTICIPANT can enter the space left by the former one. After grabbing a SLOT, the PARTICIPANT's TEN MOVES begin immediately.

3. No PARTICIPANT may make more than one MOVE in a row. (After posting, you must wait for someone else to post before you can post again.)

4. Each PARTICIPANT MUST make AT LEAST ONE MOVE every TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOURS, or else they will be DISQUALIFIED and their spot will be opened for a new PARTICIPANT.

5. In each MOVE (post), a PARTICIPANT must DECLARE in BOLD TEXT one of two things: The desire to SEARCH or the desire to MOVE. They may NOT do both. (In each post, you must either "Search" or "Move." You have to make sure I can see which.)

6. If a PARTICIPANT decides to MOVE:
The PARTICIPANT moves to an ADJACENT ROOM, according to the MAP. ADJACENT ROOMS are connected by HALLWAYS, colored with a festive RED. In other words, you CHOOSE one hallway and go down it to a different ROOM. Please LOUDLY DECLARE the ROOM YOU ARE MOVING FROM and THE ROOM YOU ARE MOVING TO. You may use that room's NAME or NUMBER. The PARTICIPANT may only move along ONE HALLWAY at a time when they MOVE.

7. If a PARTICIPANT decides to SEARCH:
The PARTICIPANT may SEARCH the room. They may do so in any fashion they please. (However, we ask you not to be too rough with the scenery, as Mr. Claus has to pay for all of it, you know.) If their search is SUCCESSFUL, they will find a PET. The PET is theirs to take home, and will be SENT to them.

IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT SEARCHES: The PARTICIPANTs do not need to wait for the HOSTs to inform them of the success of their search. They are encouraged to go about their business, making MOVEs. The HOSTs will tackle as many SEARCHes as possible when they are able. (You can keep posting, even if I haven't replied with the outcome of your search. I'll do them in bunches.)

ANOTHER IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT SEARCHES: The further away from Room #1 (The Lobby) the PARTICIPANT is, the rarer the pets available are. PARTICIPANTs are encouraged to SEARCH as many rooms as possible, but the better prizes lay further from the start. However, the rarer the prize, the harder they are to find.

8. ALL PARTICPANTS BEGIN IN ROOM #1 (THE LOBBY).

"I think that clears things up. But just so you don't get lost, open up your maps, and I'll give you a rundown of the different rooms."

-Rooms-

1. The Lobby - ALL PARTICIPANTS BEGIN IN THIS ROOM. This lobby is the central part of the Workshop. From here, you can access all the different areas. A large Christmas tree stands here year-round. It's actually a living tree the lobby was built around! A large sun dome with patterned glass beams down images of snowmen and stars into the lobby and makes it wonderfully warm.
2. The Stables - These rustic stables are the lodgings of the reindeer. It smells like animals and hay, but thankfully, Santa's magical reindeer are well-trained enough to clean up after themselves! Why not bring Dasher and Vixen a few carrots while you search?
3. Command Center - Santa's a modern man, and he has the most sophisticated GPS and flight-tracking equipment available in order to help him keep his flight on track! Here's where his navigators and air-traffic controllers help him keep his schedule, and avoid any low-flying planes carrying people home for the holidays! Just don't bother the very serious navigator elves in front of their computer screens!
4. Post Office - Do you know how many kids write Santa each year? He needs his own post office to take care of them all! Wade through the ocean of letters and make it through sorting to find the hidden goodies!
5. Toy Workshop - The heart and soul of Santa's workshop, this is where the elves work busily assembling toys! This place is a hive of machinery, full of sounds, conveyor belts, and that special touch of magic that makes toys made by Santa's elves twice as special as those bought in the store. Because elves love their jobs, it's always bright and cheery in here.
6. The Bakery - This is the yummiest section! It smells like holiday baking in here, and the pink walls are lined with rows upon rows of cakes, cookies, and candies galore! The elves will gladly share, and there's always hot chocolate on tap. Maybe you can tempt a pet out with a gingerbread Kuhna or two!
7. Loving Homes Department - Something here is always barking, mewing, or squawking! This is where puppies, kittens, and even fish tanks hang out before Santa takes them to their new owners on Christmas Eve. Maybe if you poke around the rows of chew toys, catnip mice, and jingle bell toys, you'll find a special new friend of your own!
8. IT Department - I already told you Santa was a man of the times. Here's where his geek elves work on perfecting the latest video games, phones, and computers. Did you know all phones from Santa have a secret special app on them that lets you tell if your friends have been naughty or nice? It's... wait for it... true!
9. Elf Dormitories - After a long day of toy-making and cookie-baking, an elf's gotta have some place to go! Here you'll find rows and rows of the elves' neatly-made little beds. They also have a delightful rec room and exercise area, but that was too much to put on one little map.
10. Master Bedroom - At the very head of the workshop lays Santa and Mrs. Claus' private quarters. They've got a magnificent four-poster bed, antique hardwood bookshelves and drawers, and a Jacuzzi in the bathroom! Wow! As you might imagine, this is the most special room of them all. If you look around, why, you might even find a certain, legendary List, for those of you who absolutely must know if you've been naughty or nice...

"There! I think that's all you need to know. Now... who wants to go inside?"

-Available Slots-

2. auntslappy282

END DATE:
This event will run until

11:59 PM EVELON TIME, JANUARY 20th, 2012.

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Re: -Welcome to Santa's Workshop!- (WIN RARE PETS!)

Postby SpringsSong » 12/07/2011 11:52 PM

Well, well, now; what was the Blaze Fenling doing outside of her mansion in Jawan?  She had evidently found a little spot of free time admist her trainings as a mage, and having a social life, and making gifts for all of those around her that she loved, and she was going to take full advantage of that.  When she saw the sign, she stopped and turned to look at the sign, and then at the house with the Polly.

Oho?  This could be an interesting little escapade to partake in... and well worth it, too, she thought to herself as she ventured closer to the place.  Aila was busy handling other matters back at the Fire-Forests, so she was able to tend to the matters which she needed to tend to--mostly the fact that she needed to tend to gifts.  Who knew; maybe she could find a new companion for one of the members of the Pantheon.

"May as well give this a go.  Should be fun," she said, smiling brightly.

[1.2]
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5883
Donate

Postby Freezair » 12/08/2011 12:25 AM

"Duly recorded!" The Polly moved his wing feathers as adroitly as if they were fingers. With that, he took down her name. He passed a map and its attendant guide to her, along with a small, complimentary paper cup full of hot chocolate. "You may begin as soon as you like. Remember, from now, you have ten posts to go. Be sure to use them wisely!"

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/08/2011 12:28 AM

"Well, I would love to take a whack at this," Bunny declared, only after the ridiculously dressed Polly had explained all the rules, loud and clear.

Just why was the strange woman out here in the first place? Well, she was actually after something. Being that she was something of a "tamer of all things unusual or possibly evil in nature," she was actually here on a job. She had this awful little feeling that there was something out here and, when she came across the grandiose building, she figured that she had found a pretty darn good lead. With all explanations said and done, it could be assumed that she may have been correct and, had she not been, well, she would certainly have a grand ol' time, wouldn't she?

She spun her cane around, it secretly armed and dangerous, but she smiled. "So, Mister Head Elf, may I have a go?

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate

Postby Remedy » 12/08/2011 1:00 AM

Juniper’s permanently friendly smile widened to what might be thought of as an impossible length upon sight of Santa’s workshop.  To her, it was the most beautiful thing she’d ever seen.  Of course, with her over-excitement, enthusiasm, and natural skill to never be cautious, she found it only logical to rush right up to the mysterious building.  Her brother, Andrew, would have a fit if he saw her being so reckless - a silent, brooding, disapproving-looked fit like he always somehow managed to pull off.  She never quite understood why he wasn’t more interested in things other than watching his step.  Well, he never spoke, so that’s all she could assume he thought about from the way he acted.

Eyes sparkling and mind wondering to what could possibly be in the contents of the building, she just about ran into the Polly she soon came to know as the “Head Elf”.  Once she had listened to all of the elf’s explanations, somehow managing to pay attention through it all despite her obvious excitement and distraction, she eagerly asked if she could join in on this wonderful event.  
”Cooool!  I’m actually allowed in there?  And I’m allowed to snoop around?  Count me in!” She said happily, the fact that she would be searching for a pet only half-registering in her mind.  She did love going through people’s stuff, and right now, she was being given permission to go through Santa’s.  
Life.  Complete.
From what she understood, however, she only had a limited amount of steps.  Still, she would try her best with what she was allowed.

I think back to the time when my search first began,
I left behind those shores of sand
For the endless everlasting world out there.

I know that with this burning passion driving me
Someday, somewhere I'll finally see
The light I have searched for everywhere!

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

HomeLogWishTradeImp. Docs
Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1982
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/08/2011 1:02 AM

This certainly looked interesting.

Shenyo wasn’t one for often leaving the protection of her forest, but the holiday time was one of those rare instances when she tended to venture further from home to get a taste of that fabled ‘Christmas Spirit.’ In her disguise, very few people from the nearby villages recognized her, which made it easier for her to travel longer distances. Shenyo sighed faintly, her breath appearing and disappearing in the air before her. Baba Yaga’s got such terrible raps; why couldn’t people see that they were just ordinary, everyday beings like everyone else? Pulling her long, fur lined coat (Faux fur of course; when one was friends with the forest animals, one didn’t go around wearing their skins), Shenyo approached the building which had appeared seemingly out of nowhere. The ground was covered in something that vaguely resembled snow, but smelled remarkably like plastic, and she wrinkled her nose in a dainty frown. Plastic was always so unpleasant. Striding slowly forward, the sound of overly loud, blaring Christmas music assaulted her sensitive ears, and she felt a small smile grow across her features, before she was suddenly accosted by a rather colorful looking bird. “Oh my!” she exclaimed, stepping back out of sheer surprise. “Well, an elf! I haven’t seen one of your kind in ages.” Most mythical or magical creatures were known to her, but as a Baba Yaga, she spent a majority of her time isolated and alone. It was nice to see another ‘person’ like her. “I would very much love to enter,” she stated quietly, stepping towards the lobby and pulling her coat tighter around her small frame.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 12/08/2011 1:47 AM

The large, strangely colored Khimera sat and listened to the rules, noting each of them. It sounded confusing, but he had decided he would y his best. After all, it might be a little fun to get out of the pen. It was starting to get stuffy in there due to the coming holiday.
"Got it. I wish to join, if I may." He replied, standing and addressing his self.
He then looked around at the others, so many different characters. A smile on his face, what a wonderful time of year it was.

(short post cause I need to go to bed)

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite
Newcomers to play with us
For many years we've been all alone

.: ~Pen~ :.
.: ~Sales~ :.
.: ~Breeder~ :.
.: ~Imp. Doc~ :.
HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 263
Donate

Postby Freezair » 12/08/2011 2:51 AM

"You're all sorted out," the Polly said. "The door to the shop is over there!" His wing swung towards the carved, old wood of the shop double door. Images of candy canes and gingerbread men crossed the hearty swirls of the old wood. The polished brass of the doorknobs glinted in the winter light.

"Remember, your ten moves begin now! I suggest you spend them well inside! There's some very worthwhile prizes in there, but you have to really look for 'em. It's true!"

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/08/2011 9:35 AM

Fire looked at the other four before she stepped through, examining the tree in the lobby carefully.  Her nose twitched ever so slightly; yep, that was a real tree in the center of the room.  She sighed here; as amazing as the tree looked, she could never have a real tree as a Christmas tree.

After contemplating for several long moments, Fire began to move towards the back of the lobby (toward #5), her ears craned forward as she listened carefully for the sounds within the room, her four tails clutching the pearls within them tightly.

[1.4--early morning post is crappy...]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 12/08/2011 6:12 PM

He could hardly contain the excitement and sheer joy that overwhelmed him. But he kept his cool, watching the other around him. After hearing the feathered one remind them of their ten turns, he decided to start on his. Nodding to his self in agreeance to what he was planning, Elixir began walking towards the doorway that lead to then Post office, or what it seemed like, from what he could see through it.
"Might be fun." He said to his self.
The smile on his face would not be removed, no matter what.

(Move: 1/10)

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite
Newcomers to play with us
For many years we've been all alone

.: ~Pen~ :.
.: ~Sales~ :.
.: ~Breeder~ :.
.: ~Imp. Doc~ :.
HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 263
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/08/2011 7:34 PM

Shenyo nodded slowly, her smile fading somewhat as she glanced around the expensive lobby. She turned to face the large doors at the end, and then the doors to her left. Which way should she go? She could go anywhere? How odd. But then, some people weren’t too picky about their private space. She loosened her coat a little, and turned to walk through the doors straight ahead. She moved through to room number 5 which was some sort of strange conveyor belt like room. A little unnerved, she decided to stick around for a moment before she moved on.

(1/10)

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Remedy » 12/09/2011 6:18 PM

Juniper's eyes widened upon sight of the magnificent tree in the middle of the lobby.  It was very beautiful, and she took a moment to stare at it before shaking her head and glancing around the room.  To her right was a door that had a rather uninviting animalistic smell coming from it- though for her curiosity it actually was rather interesting.  Walking to the door, she pushed it open and stepped inside; from what she could see upon first glance, it was the Stables (Room #2).  
Cool! she thought.  Maybe I'll get to see the reindeer!
"I wonder if they count as the pets you can catch..." she eventually wondered allowed to herself, common sense doubting that statement.  She started walking further into the room so she could peek in the stalls.

(1/10)

I think back to the time when my search first began,
I left behind those shores of sand
For the endless everlasting world out there.

I know that with this burning passion driving me
Someday, somewhere I'll finally see
The light I have searched for everywhere!

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

HomeLogWishTradeImp. Docs
Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1982
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/09/2011 6:36 PM

Shenyo was a little weirded out by the technology around her. She tended to live by her wits, and she didn’t have a speck of electricity or anything mechanical or technological in her house. She was a being composed entirely of magic; what did she need with any of that? Her eyes glanced once more, quickly, around the room, before she hurried to room number 6, stepping through to a room that was heated by a large fire. It looked like some kind of heating room, perhaps for the entire compound. Warming her hands briefly, she decided she wanted to move on.

(2/10)

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/09/2011 6:51 PM

After a few moments, Fire entered the room and gawked at the technology before her; however, it did not seem like something that was entirely foreign to her.  However, she was not about to let that stop her, no; while she would rather have things powered by magic, she knew that some beings were not capable of running an entire workshop entirely off of magic.

Then, the scent of cookies reached her nose.

"Oh!  Now there's a room I'm bound to know something about," Fire said, mostly to herself.  She made her way to the door of the bakery and pushed it open, and her senses were assaulted by the scents of various baked goods.

(Fire moves to room #6.)

{2/10}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/09/2011 6:56 PM

Shenyo decided it was best to move on. Despite the warm, welcoming heat of the room, she didn’t want to linger here. It was making her a little sleepy. Drawing her hands away from the fire, Shenyo made her way to the next door. It was another room, she realized as she moved into room 9. There were beds lined up in two neat rows, too small for any average human. She assumed this was where the elves slept. Off to the side, there was a rec room and an exercise area. Now…this looked promising. But what was beyond?

(3/10)

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next