A wide open space in contrast to the dense Tengel jungle, the Sekudui Farmlands are open to all farmers and ranchers! There is much space available and plenty of resources to help raise some fine Tuskow or Roosken. (+3 Endurance, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Sekudui Farmlands

S1: Rebel & Toxxic [ Sekudui Farmlands ]

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/09/2012 10:14 PM

Souretsu
[ 12 || 59 ]

A long, lonesome dirt road split through the vast open fields of the Sekudui Farmlands. The road was well-worn and unkempt, an obvious sign of a road rarely traveled. But, pawprints graced this road here and there, indicating life on the lonesome road. The spring weather also brought forth the crops in the distant fields, and young, tender shoots were sprouting their leaves for a new life. There was promise in this land, and that was enough to live by.

Along the lonesome road, a feline made his way alone, eager bounding along, apparently in a rush. The young taigra, Souretsu, bounded along excitedly, eyes already searching for what he knew was hiding out here: eggs. He giggled at the thought. Yes, giggled. He was still young, after all. At the moment, Souretsu had no inner goal in mind, except to find as many eggs as he could.

Look into my eyes you'll see
A graveyard filled with dirt and defeat

The weight on my soul

Where the fallen angels sleep
The crooked hearts and the crossroads meet

Where the haters say my name
And carve it in stone

I'm gonna make a comeback
I'm gonna dig six feet up tonight

I'm gonna get it all back
I'm gonna make a comeback this time
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 796
Donate

Re: S1: Rebel & Toxxic [ Sekudui Farmlands ]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/09/2012 11:03 PM

Image Lyssaneth wandered along the path, head bowed, looking sombre. (Though to be fair, looking anything but sombre is difficult for a Grim with their mouth closed). She patiently waited for a farmer with a herd of yingshee to pass in front of her, and tried to ignore his glare as he passed. She was used to glares like that. The people of her village believed Grim to be harbringers of doom, and treated her appropriately.

But she was here on a mission, and she bravely stood her ground. She had entered the competition for two reasons. Primarily, she wanted to hunt for eggs (and hopefully get lots) but she also wanted to make a friend. Even if only for a little while, it would mean such a lot to her.

She looked over as a glimmer in a bush caught her eye. An egg! She rushed over and picked it up, then put it in the special bag she had tied to her back to carry them in...
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2191
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/09/2012 11:37 PM

Souretsu
[ 13 || 60 ]

The lonely dirt road led the young Taigra on, and he followed it without fail. Keeping his eyes ever alert for eggs, Souretsu figured that following the road wasn't going to be best option. Instead, he caught sight of a nearby field, which looked like the knee-high plants within could easily be hiding a glorious amount of eggs. "Hehe, that could work," Souretsu said to himself with a thrilled voice.

As he veered off the path, however, something caught his eye, causing Souretsu to come to a sudden halt. "Huh?" His keen eyes caught the sight of a large reptilian form across the road amongst the bush. It was difficult to miss her. If she was trying to be camouflaged, her colors didn't suit. But, it wasn't her colors that struck him. It was thing he saw her whisk away in her bag: an egg!

Without thinking, Souretsu called out excitedly, "Hey!" Without wasting a moment, or time for an answer, the Taigra bounded over to the large creature, coming to a stop behind her as he looked up at her, a smile on his features. "You found an egg! Are you egg hunting, too? For the Cuniflare who lost them?"

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/10/2012 8:42 AM

Lyssaneth stiffened as she heard a loud "Hey!" She looked around, and there was a small furry quadruped which seemed to be... She could only call it bouncing... beside her. She was startled as she heard it's question, but then she relaxed.

"Yes, I am. I'm sorry, I didn't think anyone else was here... I wasn't trying to overstep your patch or anything... She was dreadfully shy, and as she spoke, she curled her tail around her feet. She felt awful, knowing that someone else had been here... It was as if she had stolen an egg from them.

Though she didn't really want to let the egg go, she knew that if another creature had claimed this patch, it was their egg. With a sigh, she looked at the creature and said "I am dreadfully sorry. If you want, I will find somewhere else to hunt, and you can have the egg I found? I really didn't mean to overstep..."

She was hoping this creature would let her join him in his egg hunt, but she didn't want to ask... She thought she had already overstepped too many boundaries as it was...
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/10/2012 10:50 AM

Souretsu
[ 13 || 61 ]

Souretsu tilted his head, his smile fading to a confused look on his face. She was apologizing? His patch? The Taigra didn't quite understand, but by what she was saying, Souretsu felt that he probably should have been more careful. He didn't mean to make her think that way, and he most certainly didn't want to take her egg, or run her off. Actually, it felt a bit strange. Souretsu couldn't imagine running a creature of her size off by himself, not that he would.

A bit startled by what she said, Souretsu, quickly spoke to rectify the situation.  "I didn't mean to make you think I wanted your spot, or that egg," he began in a softer tone than his excited voice, offering a gentle smile as he sat down. "And, you certainly didn't overstep anything at all. I'm happy you found an egg. You're doing a lot better than me!" Souretsu beamed, grinning broadly. "Why don't we hunt together? It's more fun with two! Hehe..."

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/10/2012 12:08 PM

Lyssaneth blinked. Had she just heard the taigra correctly? Had he really just asked her to join him in his search? For a moment she was mystified as to how to respond. Nobody ever wanted her around; she was a Grim after all!

She blushed, and smiled. Maybe the hunt wouldn't be lonely after all! "Thank you, it would be lovely to hunt with you... After all, two pairs of eyes are better than one! And I've only just started... I just happened to notice a glimmer of light reflecting off the egg in the bush. I can see another one now, in the bush to your left... If you want to grab it, we can put it in the bag with the other one, and keep searching together?

She really, really hoped they would find lots of eggs... And maybe this taigra could be the friend she had been wanting for so long! He certainly seemed nice!

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/10/2012 1:20 PM

Souretsu
[ 13 || 62 ]

The young Taigra smiled, happy to see that things had all been worked out. He wasn't sure how, but he could easily see the Paragon's happiness at his offer, and that, in turn, made him happy. Leaping to a stand, Souretsu crouched, his tail swishing with excitement at the prospect of the two working together. "Awesome!" At the mention of finding another egg, Souretsu looked surprised. "You're very good at this," he beamed happily. "I'll go get it, and then we can keep searching." Quickly, he spun around and trotted over to the bush, finding the egg the female had spoke of. "Gotcha!" Carefully, Souretsu picked the egg up in his mouth and trotted back over to the Paragon, dropping it in her pouch. "Nifty pouch," he commented, smiling. "Like usual, I forgot to bring anything, hehe." Grinning a bit sheepishly, Souretsu chuckled. "Well, let's go find some more!" Wheeling with excitement, Souretsu bounced along, among the grass to begin his search, but before getting too far ahead, he realized he hadn't introduced himself. "Oh! My name's Souretsu, by the way," Souretsu said as he turned to look at the Paragon, waiting to hear her name.

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/10/2012 3:13 PM

Lyssaneth couldn't help but smile. His energy and enthusiasm were infectious! She grinned at the thought of the bag. "I always take it with me when I'm out hunting or gathering... My mother made sure to remind me every time until it became a habit." She spied another glint in the grass, and rushed over, being careful not to step on Souretsu as she went.

"That's an interesting name, by the way. I am Lyssaneth, named for my grandmother... Is there any particular reason you were called that? And by the way, there is an egg hidden in the patch of grass over there, and another in the tree further up the road... If you choose one to go for, I'll get the other..."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/10/2012 9:17 PM

Souretsu
[ 13 || 63 ]

"That's a good habit to have," Souretsu commented warmly. He knew that you never know what you'd come across out and about. There were all sorts of interesting things around here.
The female appeared to spy something, and Souretsu quickly tagged along, deciding that she had the better advantage of finding eggs due to her height. After all, she could see more easily over a long distance than Souretsu. He could check the lower ground for easily missed ones, and she'd check higher stuff. Sounded like a good idea to him. "Lyss.. Ssssaneth... Lyssaneth." Souretsu tested her name on his tongue before answering her question, "Oh, apparently my name means somethin' in another language. Brave is what I think it means. I like your name, Lyssaneth." At the mention of eggs, Souretsu became alert, searching for them. "Alright, I'll go for the one in the grass!" Despite the fact that he loved to climb trees, he figured that it would be better for Lyssaneth to get the one in the tree. After all, she was taller than he. Quickly, he bounded over to the patch of grass she'd indicated to snatch up the egg.

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/11/2012 9:33 AM

Lyssaneth smiled at his comment about her name. Her grandmother would have been proud. "Brave... yes, it certainly suits you..." She mused, knowing that few people would choose to talk to a Grim. This one didn't appear to be bothered by her appearance at all, a rare find. Though she couldn't express it well, she was very pleased with the way things had turned out, and she hoped that they would continue. Souretsu was fun to be around, and his mood was infectious. She caught herself smiling as she carefully removed the egg from the tree, and placed it gently in her backpack.

"Can you see any more anywhere?" She asked him. Her height meant she could see the reflections of the eggs, but if any were hidden from the sun, she would miss them. She was glad to have a companion who's physical advantaged were counterpoint to her own. It meant they could work together better.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/11/2012 2:07 PM

Souretsu
[ 13 || 64 ]

The comment from the Paragon was one that filled Souretsu's heart. He knew that being brave didn't necessarily mean being fearless. Instead, it showed more bravery to face fears. His mind was trailing again... Snatching up his claim, Souretsu was careful to be gentle. He'd cracked an egg a time or two before, and he learned the hard way that they weren't always solid on the inside! Trotting over to Lyssaneth, Souretsu dropped the egg gently into her bag, ears pricking at her question. "Hm..." Thoughtfully, Souretsu scanned the near by area, crouching low. He spotted a suitable place where eggs could be; a thick patch of grass along a ditch bank. "I'll check those grasses over there. Looks like a good place for some eggs to be hiding!" With a swish of his tail, Souretsu bounded over to it, coming to a sudden halt at the grassy patch. Sticking his nose through the thick grass, he inched around, and, sure enough, came across several eggs. "Aha! There are a few eggs over here, Lyssaneth!" He called excitedly.

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/11/2012 2:39 PM

Lyssaneth walked over carefully as to avoid damaging the eggs in her pack. She couldn't help grin at Sourestsu's excited discovery. Several eggs, all in one place! What a find!

"Fantastic! We'll find all the cuniflare's eggs in no time, at this rate!" She picked the eggs up one by one, and gently placed them in her pack. She could feel them there, and it was a very comforting feeling... Lyssaneth shook her head. She needed to focus on the current objective!

"Where should we look next? I can see a sort of glimmering at the base of those trees, but I don't think I'll be able to squeeze between them... Do you think you could? And can you see any others anywhere?" Lyssaneth beamed with joy. She was very glad to have met Souretsu, and this was turning out to be rather more fun than she had expected!

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/11/2012 3:13 PM

Souretsu
[ 14 || 65 ]

"Yeah!" Souretsu agreed excitedly as Lyssaneth came over to collect the eggs. It was certainly exciting. Souretsu could feel a good feeling about their teamwork. They'd find a bunch of eggs. He just knew it! At the mention of seeing more, Souretsu bounded with excitement. "Of course! I'll slip through those trees and bring 'em out to you. Maybe there's some caught in the top of the trees. Though... I'm not sure how that Cuniflare managed to loose all these eggs all over the place! Talk about scatter-brained, hehe," Souretsu laughed warmly as he wheeled away and dashed to the sparse grouping of trees where the eggs lay hidden. One by one, he found a few and began to carry them out in his mouth to the edge of trees where Lyssanth could easily reach them.

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/11/2012 3:29 PM

Lyssaneth felt a bubble of joy swell in her chest. Souretsu's laugh was the type that caught on easily and refused to let go until you had a smile from ear to ear! She followed him quickly, eager to help with the collection. As he brought each egg out, she placed it with the others in her pack, and made sure to grab the eggs in the branches whilst he fetched the others. How could that cuniflare have lost so many eggs, she wondered? It wansn't as if he could carry all that many in the first place...

"Oh!" she exclaimed. She had mistaken an egg in a magistrey's nest for an easter egg, and had been jabbed with the mother's sharp beak. She apologised profusely, and received a stern squarking reprimand, before the magistrey settled down upon the nest, with her back to Lyssaneth. She licked her wound as she waited for Souretsu to come out of the trees again...

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/11/2012 8:43 PM

Souretsu
[ 14 || 66 ]

The mysteries of the Easter egg hunt were something to certainly think about. The eggs found were a mystery enough! Transparent eggs, and camo eggs, and special eggs that just seemed to be, for lack of a better word, powerful. Souretsu couldn't get past the fascination, as well as the fun, of this event.
Lyssaneth's and Souretsu's team work appeared to be working well. As Souretsu brought out eggs, Lyssaneth put them away. Perfect. Souretsu wheeled around to make one more sweep of the trees, just to make sure he hadn't overlooked any eggs. But, as he was snooping around a rather large tree trunk, he heard Lyssaneth make a sound of surprise, or perhaps injury. "Huh?" Looking up quickly, concern filled the young Taigra. Without assessing any situation, he bounded out to her, looking a bit worried. Though, one might wonder what would possibly take on a Paragon. "Lyssaneth! Are you alright? Did something happen?" There was a certain seriousness to his tone, but his concern was most evident.

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone