Put all of your new Evelon Pets here for safe-keeping!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Zoo Pens

Castle Akuji {WIP}

Postby Akuji Rin » 06/01/2011 10:01 PM

(This is a work in progress, please do excuse the mess.  ::3: )

Your wanderings have taken you into the mountains, to an unexplored territory veiled in a dense fog. After wandering aimlessly for several hours, you begin to think that you are lost. After you begin to consider finding or calling for help, you discover that someone (or something) has flattened out a crude path through the rocky terrain. You decide to follow it for back of a better lead, and continue on for another hour or so before you began to make something out in the distance. The angular architecture appears to be a castle of some sort, made of a dark material. You break into a run, hoping that whoever (if anyone) is inside the castle can direct you on a safe path home.

As you approach the castle, you see that it is nestled within a high-altitude valley. Oddly, the valley itself displays all of the qualities of a temperate forest. Perhaps, you figure, due to the surrounding peaks providing sufficient rain and humidity. The castle itself is made of a dark grey stone, and seems to be around three stories tall not counting the four towers at each corner of the otherwise square structure. It sits within a small lake, the only passage to its front door being a small drawbridge made of a grey wood. You cross the bridge carefully, its deep, groaning protests to your weight voicing its threat to drop you into the cold abyss. As you reach the solid ground that supports the small palace, the large, iron doors press inward, parting just enough to allow you passage.

You step in, surprised at how dark the surroundings are. As your eyes adjust to the lighting of several large braziers, you make out the great hall of sorts. Ivory statues and strange coats of arms are the only decorations in the room, both depicting strange, avian figures and harpy-like humanoids bearing skeletal armor and skull masks. Deep crimson carpets line the stone floor, and the staircases on either side of you that lead to a balcony-like second floor. As you settle back on what lies before you, your eyes widen as you notice the stone-and-ivory throne that rests in the center of the room, and the woman upon it. She is clad in a simple, form-fitting white dress, laying heedlessly over the arms of the furnishing. Her scarlet hair falls from her shoulders in cascades as she turns to look at you from behind her skull mask, which has been embellished with bronze horns and feathers of various avian species. As she shifts her frighteningly pale and delicate body into a more ladylike position, the bone bangles binding her wrists and ankles clatter with a tribal sound. You are almost startled by the haunting quality of the voice that fills the room as she speaks. "How rude of me to not be prepared... It is not often we recieve visitors, and you've come at quite an unpredictable time. I am Akuji, clan Rin. I assume, since you appear so fightened, that you are here simply because you have become lost in the mountains?" You nod, wondering if you should be worried when her expression becomes a strange smile. "That is understandable. Well, do not hesitate to stay here and rest for a few moments. There is a simple path out of the mountains a few miles through the valley. It is, however, a long trek, and you are quite a long way from civilization, so I presume you must be tired. Do not hesitate to visit one of my children..." She pauses, indicating the balcony overlooking the great hall, "It has been some time since they've had their own company. Each room is marked with their name, and I'm sure they will not hesitate to tell you about themselves if you ask."

You thank the woman for her hospitality and ascend the stairs, looking at the three rooms. One is labled "VLADIMIR," another "PHONEUS," the next "JARA," and the last "CALUM." As you begin to approach the closest, you hear the haunting song of a voice echo into the great hall once more. "Oh, and several reminders. If you hear music coming from Vladimir's room, be sure to cover your ears. Speaking to Phoneus will prove rather fruitless, as he cannot speak the human tongue. Be cautious when entering Rajani's room, as she is very prone to spread disease. And please do be careful when going out to the courtyard. I've warned you, therefore I cannot be held responsible for what happens to you if you're not cautious."

Akuji Rin
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 60
Donate

Re: Castle Akuji {WIP}

Postby Akuji Rin » 06/08/2011 5:52 PM

VLADIMIR

Well, greetings. My name is Vladimir. You slipped by at a fortunate time; I was just about to start a song I've been working on, you see. Akuji tells me not to play for guests... My music tends to have more than just an emotional influence on those I play for. It's a shame, really. It seems Mariette is the only one that can listen to my melodies nowadays... That's a bit depressing, considering she's dead and whatnot. But I'm assuming you came to ask about me. So, I presume I should tell you, shouldn't I? Well, here we go:

Name: Vladimir
Origin of Name: Slavic, means “Renowned Prince”
Nickname: Vlad
Size: Tiny (2’)
Birthday:
Species: Jewel Batti
Pronunciation: BAA-tee
Level: 0
Current Roleplays:
Finished Roleplays:
Explored:
Diet: Affectivore
Element: Air
Offense: 3/100
Defense: 1/100
Precision: 3/40
Endurance: 8/100
Speed: 7/100
Fame: 0/40
Passive Traits: Cave Dweller, Night Vision
Acclimation Traits: Altitude Adaptation, Mountain Dweller
Healing Traits: Disease Immunity, Herbalist, Resurrect (Limited)
Magic Traits: Create Illusion, Lifesense, Possessor, Puppeteer
Personality Traits: Charismatic, Disciplined, Cynic, Fashionista, Focused, Intellectual, Smooth Talker
Physical Traits: Evasive, Human Form, Human Speech
Social Traits: Call of the Wild, Grid, Musician, Protected, Royal Authority,
Battle Traits: Aerodynamic, Keen Hearing, Flyby Attack, Aura Sight, Dodge, Efficient Commander
Personality: Vladimir is typically a gentleman, being very polite to those of the opposite gender. He is an avid musician, and enjoys composing music for lute and organ, the two instruments that he excels at. He does have a relatively short temper, and will retreat into his music when incensed. He finds those who share different mindsets than himself absolutely enthralling, especially those with pure hearts since they defy his cynical mentality. Often he will zone out of conversations to evaluate the psychology of those that speak to him.
Hobbies: Playing the organ and the lute, composing music, studying the psychology of others.
Abilities: Vladimir’s magical abilities lie within his music. When he plays his lute, he can impose on the minds of others, granting him a sort of power of suggestion over them. He can also use his music to temporarily reanimate corpses, though they resurrect as zombies under his control and devoid of at least one sense. His only nonmusical ability is his psychic grid, which connects him to Mariette.
Akuji Rin
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Akuji Rin » 06/08/2011 6:06 PM

MARIETTE

Sitting gloomily upon Vladimir's bed, you spot a sickly-looking creature that you can barely make out to be a Beetanke. It does not appear to be any particular color that you've seen before, as most of its body is a pale olive color. You do, however, recognize the glowing markings of a Dreamsnare, along with the mysterious feathers that hover just in front of its face. Vladimir notices as you look to her, flashing you a dark smile. "Yes, that is Mariette. My darling. Isn't she wonderful? She doesn't speak too often, however she is a very faithful servant. Is that not right, Mariette?" The Beetanke looks up to the Batti, then slowly turns her gaze to you. "Yes... Yes, that's right, Vladimir..."

Name: Mariette
Origin of Name: Play on "Marionette"
Nickname:Mari,
Size: Medium (5’9”)
Birthday:
Species: Dreamsnare Beetanke
Pronounciation: BEE-tank
Current Roleplays:
Finished Roleplays:
Explored:
Diet: Electivore
Element: Acid
Offense: 6/100
Defense: 8/100
Precision: 3/40
Endurance: 16/100
Speed: 8
Fame: 4/40
Passive Traits: Aerodynamic, Antennal Tapping, Independent, Dream Weaver, Planar Travel
Healing Traits: Disease Immunity, Life Transfer, Regenerate Limbs
Magic Traits: Lifesense, Marionette, Phylactery, Possessed
Personality Traits: Fearless, Polygraph, Recognize Impostor, Reserved
Physical Traits: Ageusia, Anosmia, Blind, Undead (Zombie), Patchwork
Social Traits: Defender, Grid, Silent Shadow,
Battle Traits: Carapace Shield, Dodge, Puncture, Miasma, Poison Immunity, Life Drain, Aura Sight, Blindsense
Personality: Mariette is Vladimir’s personal servant, and due to her undead nature has very little personality. She is quiet and reserved, and displays an almost obsessive loyalty to Vladimir. She still has the ability to become angered, but only does so when she detects that someone is lying to her or Vladimir, or attempts to attack.
Hobbies: Serving Vladimir
Abilities: Mariette has the ability to travel into dreams and across planes, reflecting her history as a Dreamsnare. She can now only use these abilities to travel into Vladimir’s dreams, warding away nightmares and attempting to bring forth inspiration for his music. She can also manipulate life energy, draining life from enemies or pumping life into allies. She also has the ability to regenerate limbs, though she must have a piece of flesh to mutate into her own appendage. She cannot see, therefore she uses her ability to perceive auras to view her surroundings.
Akuji Rin
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Akuji Rin » 06/08/2011 6:23 PM

PHONEUS

The next room you enter seems to be overgrown with potted plants, and all of the furniture seems to be made of very unprocessed wood and straw. Nestled in the center of the natural mess is a particularly large Battlefield Leebra, who steadily stares at you as if he expects something from you. When you ask him about himself, he glances to a clipboard tied to the doorknob. On the clipboard is a sheet of paper bearing the following information:

Name: Phoneus
Origin of Name: Part of Hoplophoneus, a big cat ancestor.
Nickname: Phony, Phone, Neo
Size: Medium 5’2
Birthday:
Species: Battlefield Leebra
Pronunciation: Lee-BRUH
Current Roleplays:
Finished Roleplays:
Explored:
Diet: Omnivore
Element: Earth
Offense: 8/100
Defense: 4/100
Precision: 4/40
Endurance: 10/100
Speed: 5/100
Fame: 4/40
Passive Traits: Plains Dweller
Acclimation Traits: Terrain Traveler
Healing Traits: First Aid, Field Medic, Antivenin
Magic Traits: Dispel Illusion, Lifesense, Spirit Communication, Spirit Sense
Personality Traits: Adaptable, Wanderlust, Animalistic Nature, Charismatic, Fearless, Inner Discipline
Physical Traits: Evasive, Hulking Figure, Human Form, Leaper, Night Vision
Social Traits: Call of the Wild, Code Sworn, Independent, Silent Shadow, Track Cover, Elemental Heritage
Battle Traits: Hard Hooves, Powerful Jaws, Rousing Speech, Entangling Roots, Fissure, Mother Nature’s Son, Stone Spires, Aura Sight, Guerrilla Fighter
Personality: Phoneus is a true spirit of nature, acting based upon his primal instincts and his respect for Mother Nature, who he believes is a dominant spirit. He prefers to prowl the wilderness and observe the wildlife as opposed to socializing with more civilized individuals, and consequently prefers his food raw. He lives by a complex code of honor that he calls “Nature’s Law,” which makes him quite outspoken about the treatment of wild organisms, be they plants, animals, or fungi.
Hobbies: Hiking, Rock Climbing, Meditating, Hunting, and Combat Training
Abilities: Phoneus is an earth elemental, and is very connected to the powers of nature. When he roars, he can cause the ground to splinter and shoot forth stone spikes to impale enemies. A slightly weaker roar produces a tremor that upsets large boulders and trees, causing them to converge upon the intended target.
Akuji Rin
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Akuji Rin » 06/08/2011 6:43 PM

JARA

You enter another room of the strange castle, only to discover that it leads down a long, narrow staircase. As you descend, you realize that the stairs end at a small archway leading to what you assume to be the castle's courtyard. It is considerably barren, the grass seeming to have been trampled to dust in large patches and the typical courtyard furnishings nonexistant. It is then that you notice the enormous avian...thing sleeping upon a nest of live trees. You hear soft, quick footsteps behind you, and turn to see Akuji panting delicately as she leans on the frame of the archway. "Ah, good. I caught you..." she breathes, looking over your shoulder at the massive bird. "That is Jara. She is my Turkezilla. It is fortunate that you didn't wake her. She doesn't take kindly to strangers, nor does she like being disturbed from her slumber. If there is anything you wish to know about her, I can tell you." She explains, catching her breath before informing you:

Name: Jara (JAH-ruh)
Origin of Name: Part of Tapejara, a flying reptile.
Nickname: N/A
Size: Large (12’)
Birthday:
Species: Noel Turkezilla
Pronunciation: Tur-keh-ZILL-ah
Current Roleplays:
Finished Roleplays:
Explored:
Diet: Carnivore
Element: Air
Offense: 10/100
Defense: 4/100
Precision: 10/40
Endurance: 11/100
Speed: 2/100
Fame: 12/40
Passive Traits: Malevolent, Pure Soul
Healing Traits: Disease Immunity,
Magic Traits:
Personality Traits: Animalistic Nature (Dominant Personality), Chaotic Mind (Dominant Personality), Fearless, Multiple Personalities, Phobic (Dominant Personality), Reserved (Recessive Personality)
Physical Traits: Aerodynamic, Human Speech (Recessive Personality), Iron Reminder, Hulking Figure, Therianthropic
Social Traits: Infernal Blood, Defender, Heretic, Jailbird, Protected, Tracker
Battle Traits: Powerful Jaws, Berserker, Flyby Attack, Aero, Horrific Moan (Dominant), Pacifist (Recessive), Wingstorm (Dominant, Approved)
Personality: Jara acts somewhere between an aggressive wild animal and a loyal guard dog when displaying her dominant personality. She gives a warning display to anyone she is unfamiliar with or uncomfortable around, which usually consists of shrieks, roars, and plenty of wing-flapping. She is very protective of those she knows and likes (which are usually those that consistently feed her), and will even let them ride on her back while she flies. Her dominant personality also has a tremendous fear of nighttime, as when night falls and the moon shines (meaning every night but a new moon), she reverts to her recessive personality and transforms into a much smaller, harpy-like creature, just as her demonic ancestors did. Her recessive personality is very shy and pacifistic, and she becomes very paranoid about speaking to others for fear of hurting their feelings enough for them to wish physical harm upon her. She has an increased range of emotion in this form, and continues to stand up for those she likes. She will usually only do so with words, however, due to her fear of injury, however she can be pushed to fight for those she has developed a love for.
Hobbies: (Dominant) Hunting, Protecting Akuji and her family, Chewing on small trees (Recessive) Collecting Feathers, Exploring the Wilderness, Writing, Stargazing
Abilities: Jara is a descendant of an avian demon, and therefore retains her enormous size and barely retains her ability to fly. She has an excess of feathers on her wings for a Turkezilla, making her very aerodynamic. Her body mass makes her flying clumsy and difficult, though, not mentioning the fact that she requires a large patch of flat ground or open air to gain enough momentum to keep her airborne and allow for a decent landing.

JARA'S STUFF
Image Tapa. Do not mess with it. Lest Jara conveniently remove your face for you.
Akuji Rin
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Akuji Rin » 06/10/2011 11:39 PM

CALUM

Hello there, friend! How are you? Do come in, have a seat. I was just about to begin my training, but it's rude to neglect a guest! Since we're obviously not acquainted, either Mistress Akuji sent you here for something, or you're here to indroduce yourself. Surely you didn't think I'd tell you who I am without knowing who you were? You tell him your name. See? that wasn't too terrible. I am Calum! You wish to know more? Sit back and listen, I've a lot to share:

Name: Calum (CAH-lum)
Origin of Name: Scottish and Gaelic variant of Columbia, meaning “Dove”
Nickname: Cal, Cally
Size: Tiny (2’, 5’2” Human Form)
Birthday:
Species: Void Rengosett
Current Roleplays:
Finished Roleplays:
Explored:
Diet: Animavore
Element: Dark/Light
Offense: 6/100
Defense: 2/100
Precision: 7/40
Endurance: 7/100
Speed: 11/40
Fame: 8/40
Passive Traits: Brachiation, Forest Dweller, Tree Climbing
Healing Traits: Antivenin, Herbalist, Life Transfer
Magic Traits: Artificer, Lifesense, Shadow Shift, Spirit Communication
Personality Trats: Disciplined, Fearless, Inner Discipline, Polygraph, Pure Soul, Optimist
Physical Traits: Contortionist, Human Form, Human Speech, Leaper, Prehensile Tail
Social Traits: Apprentice, Ascetic, Code Sworn, Lost Secrets, Religious Believer
Battle Traits: Dark Heart, The Will’s Connection, Deepening Darkness, Creeping Shadows, Blinding Blaze, Shining Aura, Sparkling Radiance, Aura Sight
Personality: Calum is a good natured young man, and is always willing to help those in need. He despises anyone who could commit an evil deed, however he fully acknowledges that good and evil are balancing forces that both must be present in the world. He loves showing off, but backs up his arrogance with a competitive spirit that pushes him to be able to put his money where his mouth is. He rarely ever willingly enters a fight, as he believes that one should always fight for a worthy cause. He has a sort of natural distaste for other Void creatures, as they bring to him a sort of dark comfort that he believes is a sort of dormant seed of evil within his soul.
Hobbies: Gardening, Martial Arts, Meditation, Reading, Weapon Training
Abilities: Calum is an expert at manipulating both dark and light energies, and acts as sort of a “dark monk” both in and out of combat. He can sense the spiritual energy given off by those around him, and can transfer his own into others as a form of healing. He is very athletic and flexible, able to leap, flip, and twirl across a landscape, regardless of how rugged it is. His tail is also very prehensile, and he uses it as an extra hand, an anchor (provided the thing he anchors himself to isn’t flammable), and as a torch. He has mastered a special form of martial arts that he created, which he refers to as Naene (Nay-EEN) and is designed to complement the use of a whip. When dealing with multiple enemies, Calum can call forth a wave of shadows or summon fierce beams of light.
Akuji Rin
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Akuji Rin » 06/11/2011 1:58 AM

RAJANI

You are somewhat startled by the next room you enter, as you see that it opens into a sort of glass chamber like one that would be seen before entering a biohazardous environment. The chamber leads down a flight of stairs, ending just within the opening of a strange room with a dirt floor. Outside of the safe, sanitary chamber is a world of decay, and yet a world of wonder. Decomposing logs and wooden furniture litter the room, bursting with various species of fungi, not to mention the mushrooms that protruded from the soil itself and crept up the stone walls of the room. You spot a large stump in the center of the room that appears to be a bed, as there is a diseased, fungus-covered Fenling resting atop it, three of its tails wrapped firmly around the stump as the last jealously gripped the four pearls trademark to its species. A coating of fungi coats its hips and rump, and glows with an odd, green bioluminescence. Smaller mushrooms sprout randomly throughout its body, and a large chunk of flesh is missing from its chest. As with Phoneus' room, you spot a clipboard on the air-lock door to the fungal paradise. The first thing you notice is a hand-written note in red ink that clearly reads Please do NOT enter Rajani's room through this door without proper sanitary equipment. - Akuji Beneath the note is a list of information regarding the Fenling inside:

Name: Rajani
Origin of Name: Hindi & Sanskrit, meaning “night”
Nickname: Raj
Size: Small (4’11”)
Birthday: Unknown
Species: Venom Fenling
Current Roleplays:Finished Roleplays:
Explored:
Diet: Lunar Photosynthesis
Element: Earth/Acid
Offense: 4/100
Defense: 1/100
Precision: 6/40
Endurance: 9/100
Speed: 9/100
Fame: 11/40
Passive Traits: Desert Dweller, Foresight, Prehensile Tail
Healing Traits: Disease Immunity
Magic Traits:
Personality Traits: Animalistic Nature, Fearless, Introvert, Paranoid, Phobic (Fire)
Physical Traits: Uneven Gait, Classification Nightmare, Diseased Touch, Dulled Senses, Undead
Social Traits: Independent, Scavenger, Track Cover
Battle Traits: Sandskimmer, Poison Immunity, Virulent Poison, Miasma, Spit Poison, Entrenched Roots, Scatterstrike, Pollen Spores (Approved), Resist Death (Approved)
Personality: Rajani’s dominant personality trait is her confusion. She understands very little about herself or the world and its workings, which leads her to distrust everyone. She has the mental functions of a wild, solitary, territorial animal, which can cause her to turn on even her closest friends. For this reason, and the fact that she is capable of holding deep, long-running grudges, it is nearly impossible to gain her complete trust. She prefers to be alone, and doesn’t speak even when spoken to. She has a sharp concept of personal space, and will only allow individuals to get to a certain proximity before she lashes out at them. This proximity varies from person to person.
Hobbies: Sleeping, Exploring, "Gardening" Fungi
Abilities: Rajani is an undead, fungal mess riddled with disease and decay. She herself is immune to diseases due to her undead nature, however things that come in contact with her must be sure to sanitize themselves immediately afterward, as mutated bacteria present in her oily, mangy fur can infect much more quickly than the average disease. When she disrupts the coating of shelf-like fungi on the back end of her body, it releases a cloud of toxic gas that expands outward from her form and obscures the vision of her enemies. The special fungi are potent with earthen energies, and are responsible for keeping her animate. For this reason, any earthen energy directed at her is absorbed by the fungi and used to rejuvenate the more animal parts of her body.
Akuji Rin
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate