Put all of your new Evelon Pets here for safe-keeping!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Zoo Pens

[WIP] Protected Lands

Postby Looseling » 08/05/2014 11:56 PM

Stop by for a rest! And don't blow anything up, please.

Comments are very welcome!

A Torii gate stands orange and strong before a quaint, lively town. It's like those oasis cities one hears about, in the rolling deserts far away, but instead of an oasis, this town centers around the natural hot springs. At first glance, it seems a little out-dated, but it soon becomes apparent that technology is an integral part of life.
Looseling
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 100
Donate

Before

Postby Looseling » 08/06/2014 4:09 PM

The Protector

Name: Gurein
Pronounciation: goo-rain'
Other Names: Ancestor, Founder, Guardian
Species: Concept Fellox
Forms: Fellox, Human (with and without fox ears and tails)
Orientation: Bisexual, pan-romantic
Partner: None
Offspring: None
Looseling
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Now - I

Postby Looseling » 08/06/2014 4:50 PM

The Detective

Name: Ted
Pronounciation: tehd
Other Names: Teddy
Gender: Not entirely clear, but prefers to be identified as male
Species: Wood Meji
Forms: Meji, Human
Orientation: Bisexual, pan-romantic
Offspring:None
Associations: Work Partner with Cutter, Slayne when the occasion calls for her...assistance

The Alley Cat

Name: Slayne
Pronounciation: slain
Other Names: Alley Cat, Slick
Species: Common Slynx
Forms: Slynx, Human
Orientation: Asexual, pan-romantic
Associations: Ted, Cutter~

The Officer

Name: Cutter
Pronounciation: kuh-ter
Other Names: Fluffy, Grumpy
Species: Battlefield Werecain
Forms: Werecain, Human
Orientation: Heterosexual, bi-romantic
Associations: Ted, unfortunately Slayne when necessary

Raspy, whimsical humming echoed in the dusky alleyway, accompanied by the occasional rattle of a loose trash can lid. It had been a good day for the main occupant of the alley. Scraps had been plentiful for once - remnants of a deliciously fatty dinner and the guaranteed leftovers. A satisfied sigh wheezed out of a certain mangy feline lazing on a trash can below a humming window AC. Warm weather all year round was so nice.

A familiar presence at the end of the alley prompted her to open one blue slitted eye. "Well, well, well, look at what the corpse brought in. Run out of fluff, Teddy?"

"Carrots, Slayne. Despite my name, I am a rabbit." He shook out his trenchcoat with a snap, shedding the dust around the hem, and readjusted his tophat. "I ran through them faster than I expected. A grave oversight."

"Oh?" The syllable was as drawn out as the cat's lingering scan, from Ted's floppy brown ears to his shiny black boots. Her eyes caught small signs of unrest in the slightly uneven tie, the tuft of paw fur chewed ragged, the faint bags under his grey-blue eyes that spoke of too many carrots in too short of a time. Slaine briefly considered actually responding seriously, but where was the fun in that?

"Hmm, maybe you're just losing your touch?" The sudden tension in the air flattened her fur, and she arched luxuriously under the feeling. "There's that lovely killer intent. Mmm, you know just how to get all the fleas." The pressure spiked to an almost painful point. "Touchy, touchy. Fine, I'll take a look."

The pressure vanished, and Ted pulled out his pocketwatch and clicked it open. Glancing at the time, he snapped it shut. "Hmm, a little behind schedule, but within acceptable parameters. Shall we?"

Slayne chuckled and slid down from her perch. "The chewed up tuft was a nice touch." Ted bowed slightly in thanks. "Would it have killed you to just ask nicely for once?"

Ted rolled his eyes as they began walking out of the alley. "I fear you would die instead from a heart attack."

She cackled in delight. "I'm not that old yet. And a mention of Cutter would have done the trick, you know."

"...About that."

Slayne's eyes narrowed mischievously. "Oh?"

Ted watched amusedly as Slayne rolled on the ground laughing in front of an injured Cutter. He had to admit that the random burnt-bald patches made the usually intimidating Werecain look rather comical. Growling, Cutter barked, "Oh, shut up, Slayne! I don't see you doing anything about this killer!"

Slayne slowly sat up, wiping tears of mirth with a paw. "Au contraire, my dear partially depilated detective," she replied whimsically, beginning to clean herself, "Teddy here already brought me to see the
Looseling
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Now - II

Postby Looseling » 11/02/2014 2:06 AM

The Lady

Name: Isabella
Pronounciation: ih-za-bell-a
Other Names: Lady Isabella, Belle, Izzy