Put all of your new Evelon Pets here for safe-keeping!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Zoo Pens

The Hidden Fortress {WIP}

Postby Firetra » 08/20/2021 9:49 PM

Deep in the Fe'gan mountains, hidden amongst the snow and jagged peaks lies a small path leading up to the summit of one of the many mountains. Most don't dare to travel here, because on all counts, why would you? This place is inhospitable and treacherous to get to, hell, why would one even think of making a home up here anyways...

But then again, its nice and quiet here. With the exception of the strong winds blowing between the peaks, and the sounds of your own ragged breath, its quiet and remote. Two good reasons for a group of misfits and introverts to set down their supplies and make a home.

As you make your way further up the mountain, map in hand giving you precise directions of where to go, you turn the corner and stand in awe at the sight of a castle in the middle of the mountains. You look at the natural stone bridge connecting the fortress to the only way back down the mountain, save for the sheer fall to either side of it, and swallow your fear, putting one foot in front of the other. The gates to the castle are open, and no one stands guard at the front. But as you walk into the entrance hall, the warmth of the nearby fires push away the cold and you set down your belongings and brush the snow off your shoulders.

Once the frost has left your fingers, you dig into your backpack and pull out an empty notebook. Its bound in red leather and has gold letterings on the front that make out the words Basantha Census, and you quickly pull out a pencil and call out into the empty building, seeing who exactly lives here.

Because I could not stop for Death,
He kindly stopped for me;
The carriage held but ourselves
And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2631
Donate

Table of Contents

Postby Firetra » 08/20/2021 9:51 PM

Table of Contents

------------

---------------

----------

Code: Select all
[align=center][size=150]Name[/size][/align]
[align=center][img]Image[/img]

[u]Title[/u]
[size=90]Pet Type -- Gender[/size][/align][quote] Text
[align=right]- Entry X[/align][/quote]

[hr][/hr]

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

The Royals

Postby Firetra » 08/20/2021 11:24 PM

Arean Galind

Lord of the Castle
Snow Leopard Lucain -- Male
Arean is the leader of this motley bunch who live here in this castle. His full title is Lord Arean Galind of the High Frost, or at least that is the title he has given himself as there is no record of that title being bestowed upon him. Another strange quark is that while he is the "Lord" of this castle in the mountains, he doesn't seem to carry a majestic or imposing demeanor, acting much more like a timid child when someone more charismatic or aggressive speaks to him.

But while his personality is not one that would benefit a lord of a castle, his intelligence befits the position. He seems keen to absorb as much information as possible, and his personal library is one to be jealous of. He seems to rule quite justly as I could not note of any mistreatment of anyone while I was a guest. But that is probably because he doesn't have the guts spine justification to punish anyone here.

One small note that I frequently saw around his person when he was alone. Even in the middle of the castle, with no windows or open doors, small drafts of snow would frequently appear around him. And if one gets closer to him, you will probably feel the temperature drop slightly. Even when he shook my hand, I was quite shocked as to how cold his palm was, but I just chocked it up to us being so high in the mountains.
- Entry 1

Kai Galind

Lady of the Castle
Magma Lucain -- Female
They say opposites attract, and this couple seem to be no different. Kai Galind, the high lady of the castle, is outgoing and highly energetic. A complete counterbalance to Arean's quiet and timid nature. Lady Galind always seems to be moving or in the middle of some sort of activity. Be it sword practice, a practice that she has been honing since her mercenary days in the Desuna region, or a quick race with some of her and Arean's children.

While in public, she seems to keep up a demeanor befitting a noble. But once she is out of people's sight, she loosens up and sometimes just sprawls her body out. She also is incredibly thick headed, both figuratively and literally as I have seen her break a door down with a swift headbutt. Her hot temper flares up easily and she doesn't seem to be one to back down from a fight, causing her to get into a whole mess of conflicts. But if Arean is there, he can sometime cool down the situation, but other times it just seems like Ryu just erupts and goes mad with rage.

A small quark I noticed about the lady was that the temperature always seems to rise whenever she is in the room. Its quite nice due to the low temperatures of the region, but I imagine that it can be discomforting elsewhere on the continent. But she seems quite content around her husband, maybe their conflicting natural abilities brings them comfort when they are together?
- Entry 2

Elli Galind

The First Princess
Storm Lucain -- Female
It was quite hard to catch the first princess, she seems to dart between many different place and I was only able to catch glimpses of her as she would disappear around corners. Because of her either reclusive or shy nature, I wasn't able to interact with her very much outside of seeing her near her mother in the courtyard.

While I didn't see her often, I did come across her handiwork or "pranks" plenty of times during my stay in the castle. I often heard stories from the other members of the castle about her hijinks on various people. Sometimes you will be enjoying a quiet afternoon, taking in the sunshine that is only fleeting up here, and then suddenly loud yelling as some of the cooks are trying to find Elli after she let loose a ferret in the kitchen. One can not help but laugh at the absurdity of some fully grown men chasing after an elusive creature carrying a pastry in it's mouth.
- Entry 3

Selles Galind

The Second Prince
Fire Leopard Lucain -- Male
The young prince Selles is the youngest out of Arean's and Kai's children. While a number of them have already left the castle, probably in order to escape this godforsaken place Selles is quite too young to leave just yet. He can be seen quietly walking through the various corridors, asking many questions and getting on quite a number of people's nerves due to the questions. Thankfully, he also seems quite a bit timid to strangers, so he hasn't latched onto me just yet.

For the times I have interacted with him, he has shown some incredible talent for magic. He is able to draw upon two conflicting elements, both frost and fire, and is fairly adept at using them even at his young age. It seems the resident high mage, Awyn Nodras, is teaching him how to control his powers and he seems to be progressing at a steady rate because of it.
- Entry 4

Not Present
These are the other members of the royal family who were not present during my initial appearance.

Asea Galind -- 2nd Princess
Location Unknown -- Went on an "Adventure"

Hassean Galind -- 1st Prince
Location Unknown -- Disappeared one night

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

The Guards

Postby Firetra » 08/20/2021 11:47 PM

Madlin

Captain of the Guard
Quarry Garagnir -- Female
Madlin, the Captain of the Guard for this fortress, seems to be your stereotypical captain. She is uptight, overbearing, and very imposing. She stands tall and proud and knows that no one can come close to beating her, even while she is disarmed. Her uniform is always perfectly pressed and immaculate, and I would imagine that some people would fall for her if she wasn't such a bit----.

Sorry, I had to stop writing for a second, she had just came around the corner and was about to glance over my notes. Anyways, she seems headstrong, but because of that she gets along nicely with the lady of the castle, Ryu Galind. You can see them both practicing in the afternoons in the training grounds when the weather permits. And every time she is unarmed and doesn't seem to move an inch from her starting position, regardless if the Lady is using practice equipment.
- Entry 5

Storm

Vice Captain
Storm Lucain -- Male
Text
- Entry 6

Zaniphon

Head Scout
Windgill Paragon -- Male
Zaniphon, though he keeps on trying to insist on people referring to him as "Z" with minimal success, is a chatterbox. He won't stop talking and annoying those around him with his own ideas or what he thinks needs to be done instead. He grates on both the Captain and the Vice Captain's nerves and seems to be frequently sent off on pointless missions by his superiors just so they can get him out of there.

Most of the annoyance seems to stem from his cocky attitude alongside his need to always be talking. Outside of that, he is a very effective scout. He moves fast and can fly long distances without rest, even though I would imagine that he would complain the entire way there. Really he just comes off as a person who never grew out of being a teenager, and a lot of people treat him as such which then just seems to exacerbate his personality issues.
- Entry 7

Hitora

Battlemage
Fire Khimera -- Male
Text
- Entry 8

Mya

Recruit ?
Common Myu Reaper -- Female
Text
- Entry 9

Other Guard Members