Put all of your new Evelon Pets here for safe-keeping!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Zoo Pens

Tor

Postby crow » 11/26/2016 12:33 AM

Tor
(Pronounced: TOR)
Empty Kuhna (Blue x Muffin)

Name: Tor Truman
Definition: Modern Scandinavian form of Þórr, meaning "thunder", ultimately from the early Germanic *Þunraz. Thor was the Norse god of strength, thunder and war, the son of Odin.
Alignment: Chaotic Good Diet: Omnivore
Height: 5'11" Length: N/A Weight: 76 kg

D E S C R I P T I O N

TEXT

P E R S O N A L I T Y

TEXT

H I S T O R Y

TEXT

Role Play

STATS
Offense: 0
Defense: 0
Precision: 0
Endurance: 0
Speed: 0
Fame: 0
Element: words

Traits:
-Acclimation Traits- words
-Healing Traits- words
-Magic Traits- words
-Personality Traits- words
-Physical Traits- words
-Social Traits- words
Battle Traits: o (breed trait)

RP Color: #316732
Previous-Closed Threads
--> -None-

Notes
-no plot yet-

Relations
Mate --
Family -- Morris (older brother)
Friends --
Allies --
Enemies --
Neutral --

Theme Song
none yet
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 3874
Donate

Paper Doll

Postby crow » 11/26/2016 12:34 AM

Paper Doll
(Pronounced: PRONOUNCE)
SPECIES

Name: words
Definition: words
Alignment: words Diet: words
Height: words Length: words Weight: words

D E S C R I P T I O N

TEXT

P E R S O N A L I T Y

TEXT

H I S T O R Y

TEXT

Role Play

STATS

Traits:
-Healing Traits- words
-Magic Traits- words
-Physical Traits- words
-Social Traits- words

RP Color: ColorCode
Previous-Closed Threads
--> -None-

Notes
-no plot yet-

Relations
Mate --
Family --
Friends --
Allies --
Enemies --
Neutral --

Theme Song
none yet
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Ink Goblins

Postby crow » 11/26/2016 12:35 AM

Ink Goblins
SPECIES

D E S C R I P T I O N

TEXT

P E R S O N A L I T Y

TEXT

H I S T O R Y

TEXT

Role Play

STATS

Traits:
-Healing Traits- words
-Magic Traits- words
-Physical Traits- words
-Social Traits- words

Previous-Closed Threads
--> -None-

Notes
-no plot yet-

Relations
Mate --
Family --
Friends --
Allies --
Enemies --
Neutral --

Theme Song
none yet
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Little One

Postby crow » 11/26/2016 12:35 AM

Little One
SPECIES

D E S C R I P T I O N

TEXT

P E R S O N A L I T Y

TEXT

H I S T O R Y

TEXT

Role Play

STATS

Traits:
-Healing Traits- words
-Magic Traits- words
-Physical Traits- words
-Social Traits- words

Previous-Closed Threads
--> -None-

Notes
-no plot yet-

Relations
Mate --
Family --
Friends --
Allies --
Enemies --
Neutral --

Theme Song
none yet
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Ellevera

Postby crow » 11/26/2016 12:36 AM

Ellevera
(Pronounced: ell-eh-VEHR-ah)
Custom Kuhna

Name: Ellevera
Definition: None
Alignment: ??? Diet: ???
Height: 5'7" Length: N/A Weight: N/A

D E S C R I P T I O N

TEXT

P E R S O N A L I T Y

TEXT

H I S T O R Y

TEXT

Role Play

STATS
Offense: 18
Defense: 16
Precision: 18
Endurance: 36
Speed: 29
Fame: 21

Traits:
-Healing Traits- words
-Magic Traits- words
-Physical Traits- words
-Social Traits- words

RP Color: #9B9890
Previous-Closed Threads
--> The Lost and the Found (Whisper Forest; 58 posts)

Notes
Uses Elder Kuhna base stats
-no plot yet-

Relations
Mate --
Family -- Dante (biological son)
Friends --
Allies --
Enemies --
Neutral --

Theme Song
none yet
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Rafe

Rafe
(Pronounced: RAYF)
Custom Kuhna

Name: Rafael "Rafe" Valenti
Definition: Rafe: variant of Ralph, derived from the Norse elements ráð meaning "counsel" and úlfr meaning "wolf"; Rafael: form of Raphael, from the Hebrew name רָפָאֵל (Rafa'el) which meant "God has healed"
Gender: Male Age: ??? (appears late twenties to early thirties
Alignment: Chaotic Evil Diet: Sanguivore
Height: 6'1" Length: N/A Weight: 76 kg

D E S C R I P T I O N

TEXT

P E R S O N A L I T Y

TEXT

H I S T O R Y

TEXT

Role Play

STATS
Offense: 8
Defense: 2
Precision: 6
Endurance: 11
Speed: 7
Fame: 2
Element: Dark

Traits:
-Healing Traits- words
-Magic Traits- words
-Physical Traits- words
-Social Traits- words

RP Color: #9E0101
Previous-Closed Threads
--> -None-

Notes
-no plot yet-

Relations
Mate --
Family -- Dante (son)
Friends --
Allies --
Enemies -- Blue
Neutral --

Theme Song
none yet
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Blue

Blue
(Pronounced: BLOO)
Nightwalker Kuhna

Name: Casimir Émilien "Blue" Géroux
Definition: 1. the pure color of a clear sky; the primary color between green and violet in the visible spectrum, an effect of light with a wavelength between 450 and 500 nm.; 2. depressed in spirits; dejected; melancholy
Alignment: Lawful Neutral Diet: Sanguivore
Height: 5'10" Length: N/A Weight: 67 kg

D E S C R I P T I O N

A vampire banished from the Court which was once his home, Blue lives in seclusion, hiding himself away from both humans and vampires alike. He has good reason for his secrecy. The lord of his old Court, a vampire named Rafe, wants nothing more than to see him dead, and despite the years that have passed since his banishment, has still not forgotten the grudge.

As far as vampires go, Blue is an unobtrusive individual. The advent of modern technology has even allowed him to feed without killing, or ever even seeing the sources of his food. He keeps contact with only a few necessary people, and is careful never to stay in one place too long.

On the surface, he may seem relatively mundane, and those who know something of the workings of his kind might suspect him of being young and illicitly turned. But make no mistake, Blue is a vampire of great power. If he so chose, he could easily have ruled a Court of his own in time. However, his interests lie solely with the end of Rafe's reign and existence... And perhaps with his own.

P E R S O N A L I T Y

Ever since he was young and still living, Blue had been a man of strong morals. In practice, however, following those morals proved to be easier said than done. Now a weary veteran of a long and unfortunate existence, Blue does his best to stay out of things, wanting only to live as peacefully and unobtrusively as possible. He is unfailingly polite and courteous, having been raised to gentle manners, and seldom ever raises his voice in anger or consternation.

Given his history, he has understandably little faith left in himself, and a great deal of his decision to keep his distance stems from a fear of leaving things worse than he had found them. However, when he does decide to involve himself with something, he gives of himself wholeheartedly to it.

Subdued and reflective, years of solitary living has made him a little forgetful of how it is to interact with other people. Despite how long he's been around, Blue is in some ways surprisingly sheltered, and many mundane things still catch him off guard. If it weren't for his history and perhaps his vampiric nature, he wouldn't be much more than a melancholy, inoffensive eccentric.

H I S T O R Y

The firstborn son of a well-off family, Casimir had been groomed all his life to take over the family when his father passed. His parents raised him with good values, and Casimir grew up a sober, responsible child. At the age of twenty-one, he was a handsome young man with excellent prospects, the pride of his father. Unfortunately, one day while riding his coach, he got into an accident, which he survived no worse for wear but which also took the life of a newly married baker.

Troubled by his guilt over the man's death, he went to visit the baker's widow, only to find a destitute young woman with three children. Unsure of what else he could do for her, he offered to marry her and thereby secure her future. Recognizing him as the man responsible for her husband's death, the woman refused, but the neighborhood women urged her to accept Casimir's proposal. They were wed, but she remained unhappy, and one day Casimir returned to find that she had chosen to take her own life as well as those of her children, rather than continue to live off Casimir's charity.

Devastated by the utter failure of his attempt to atone for what he had done, Casimir had no choice but to go back home. What awaited him there would bring him no comfort: the scandal of his marriage had damaged his family's reputation and ruined his father's political career; his brother, now the family heir, had succumbed to the pressures of his new role and become a gambling drunkard; and his sister's fiancé, with whom she had been very much in love, had broken off the engagement.

Unable to bear seeing his family like this, Casimir fled. He wandered from city to city, town to town, taking any work he could find. If he had money, he sent it home. In truth, he wanted to die, but feared that news of his suicide would further condemn his family. To that end, he took on increasingly risky jobs. He was working as a miner, half-starved and sleep-deprived, when Yvonne came to him.

There were tales told of vampires, but there were tales told of fairy rings and witches too, and Casimir had never had reason to believe in any of them before. Still, when he saw her, he knew. Thinking that he had found his death at last, he accepted his fate, but Yvonne had not come to kill him. She was a collector, fond of beautiful things--- beautiful people, most of all. She had taken a shine to Casimir, and decided to turn him before he made any more of a mess of his hands. When he awoke, it was to a ravenous hunger and a new mistress purring his name.

Casimir--- now named Blue--- loathed what he had become. Only his sire's command kept him from ending his own existence. Still, at her behest he was introduced to the Court, along with her other prize: another newly-turned vampire named Rafe. Despite their differences, the two became friends, quickly learning that there were few allies to be had in the deadly politics of the Court vampires.

At first, it seemed like they would simply assimilate into Court life, but the two were chosen by the resident lord to become Thorns--- hunters of their own kind, responsible for punishing transgressors and terminating individuals who had been turned without sanction. This, at last, was a cause to which Blue could devote himself. Surely, this way, he could do some good.

For a time, he was at peace with himself. He was good at what he did, and the guilt ceased to eat at him as much as it had done before. However, unbeknownst to him, Rafe had set his sights upon rulership of the court. While Blue had been focusing on being a dutiful Thorn, Rafe had been gathering favors and sowing alliances. He kept Blue deceived, occasionally even using his friend for his own ends. It was only after Rafe staged his coup, with Blue as an unwitting collaborator, that Blue finally realized how power-hungry Rafe had become.

When Rafe would not listen to him, Blue declared an end to their friendship and refused to serve him. Enraged, Rafe ordered Blue killed at the hands of the Court. Left with no choice but to flee for his life, Blue went into hiding. Now he bides his time, living quietly and waiting for the right opportunity to end his former friend once and for all. And then...? With nothing left to tie him to this world, perhaps Blue will find his way into the dark at last.

Role Play

STATS
Offense: 10
Defense: 4
Precision: 8
Endurance: 13
Speed: 9
Fame: 4
Element: Dark

Traits:
-Acclimation Traits- City Dweller
-Healing Traits- Antivenin, Disease Immunity, First Aid, Speedy Healer
-Magic Traits- Artifact User, Empath, Life Sense, Planar Travel
-Personality Traits- Honorable, Inner Discipline, Old-Fashioned, Reserved, Smooth Talker, Well-Mannered
-Physical Traits- Graceful, Human Form, Keen Hearing, Keen Scent, Night Vision, Padded Paws, Photosensitivity, Undead
-Social Traits- Hunted, Nemesis, Noble Authority
Battle Traits: Arterial Strike (breed trait)

RP Color: #380C04
Previous-Closed Threads
--> Breeding Room [w/ Skeetzy] (Breeding Area; 14 posts)

Notes
-no plot yet-

Relations
Mate --
Family -- Dante (protege)
Friends --
Allies --
Enemies -- Rafe
Neutral --

Theme Song
none yet
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Dante

Postby crow » 11/26/2016 12:37 AM

Dante
(Pronounced: DAHN-tay)
Haze Kuhna

Name: Dante Valenti
Definition: Medieval short form of Durante; Italian form of the Late Latin name Durans which meant "enduring".
Alignment: Lawful Neutral Diet: ???
Height: 4'8" Length: N/A Weight: 57 kg

D E S C R I P T I O N

At first, Dante appears just like an ordinary ten-year-old boy. He has fair skin and a tumble of dark curls cropped closely around his head. His grey eyes are framed by long lashes; his features are fine-boned and his mouth expressive. He has a slightly nervous, distrustful air about him, and can be surly when spoken to, but that is hardly unusual for his age. His clothes are all well-worn and sturdy, and he seems to favor dark greys and browns.

A dhampyr born to Rafe and an unknown mother, who abandoned him shortly after birth. Dante has since run away from Rafe's territory and currently resides with Blue as the latter's protege. His childhood wasn't exactly ideal, and as a result, he's still in the process of adjusting to a new, less troubled lifestyle. Still, most of the time he's no worse than a highly reticent child, and when he does come out of his shell, he's just as innocent and naive as any other child his age, if not moreso. It is Blue's hope that with continued nurturing and protection, he can grow up healthy and happy, free from his father's clutches.

P E R S O N A L I T Y

Dante is an exceptionally quiet child. He doesn't talk much, and he's deeply distrustful of strangers. As he becomes more familiar with someone, he'll begin to tolerate their presence--- you know you've been accepted by Dante if he'll stay in the room with you, and it's a rare honor indeed if he seeks you out to sit and read somewhere in your general vicinity. Everything with him happens slowly. If pushed too hard, he'll only retreat, or lash out in anger or fear if he feels sufficiently cornered.

Once he grows comfortable enough to talk, Dante reveals himself as a keenly intelligent child, quiet but observant and clever. He can be surprisingly sharp when it comes to people, but his views are alarmingly cynical for his age, perhaps due to his tenure at his father's court. On occasion, he also shows signs of a sarcastic streak. In the end, however, he is still a child, and while he likes to pretend to be above all the childish things loved by children his age, he's not nearly as immune to their appeal as he'd have you believe. He's not so much affectionate in words and gestures, but if he becomes attached to someone, he'll take to doing little things to try and take care of them.

There's no telling how he'll change when he grows up, but for the moment, Dante is happy to continue being a bookish, quiet child.

H I S T O R Y

TEXT

Role Play

STATS

Traits:
-Healing Traits- words
-Magic Traits- words
-Physical Traits- words
-Social Traits- words

RP Color: #A69386
Previous-Closed Threads
--> -None-

Notes
-no plot yet-

Relations
Mate --
Family -- Blue (guardian); Rafe (biological father); Ellevera (mother)
Friends --
Allies -- Blue
Enemies --
Neutral --

Theme Song
none yet
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Alain

Postby crow » 11/26/2016 12:38 AM

Alain
(Pronounced: ah-LAHN)
Elder Kuhna

Name: Alain Hawthorne
Definition: Derived from "Alan" - possibly means either "little rock" or "handsome" in Breton.
Alignment: True Neutral Diet: Thaumativore
Height: 5'9" Length: N/A Weight: ???

D E S C R I P T I O N

Alain runs a little coffee shop that always seems to be located within fifteen minutes' walk, no matter where one starts off. Of course, most people have bigger things to worry about than the young blond man at the counter and his slightly odd, if very convenient little shop. The cafe itself is a relaxed sort of place, with a seating area of large and well-padded couches by a fireplace as well as more minimalistic chairs and small tables. The decor is warm and muted, with many eclectic paintings, and there is always music playing. Anyone who has visited has attested to the excellency of the fare, in particular the hot chocolate and the blueberry muffins.

On occasion, Alain will take an interest in an individual who has found their way into his cafe. There's no sure way to tell who it will be, and sometimes he doesn't know himself until he's laid his eyes on them, but invariably one will show up and he will offer them a drink if they haven't the funds to purchase one proper. Then he might offer them his assistance, if they would be open to talking about their issue, or a small token if they are not so open, to help them on their journey. The truth of it is, after all, that Alain considers himself a therapist, however pragmatic his methods may be; the man knows a little magic, though goodness knows how. Not many people pay too much attention to him, but those who do have noted that occasionally he doesn't look completely... human. There is nothing in his appearance to suggest it, but there is a kind of boneless grace to the way he moves. Not that anyone can account for its origins, or his, for that matter. Being mysterious is one of the delights in life, is it not?

P E R S O N A L I T Y

Alain almost always appears calm and unconcerned, happy to serve those who visit his shop with a smile, but the careful observer might notice how that smile never seems to reach his eyes. Despite that, he is not cruel, or even necessarily cold--- he simply has a tendency to hold everyone at a distance from himself. There are those he knows well, and long acquaintanceship does often facilitate something like a more casual manner, but there is always a want for intimacy on his side of a relationship. It's hard to say whether this is intentional on his part, or the result of some social deficiency, despite his ease with words and gestures.

He is fascinated with humans. It helps that he isn't one; that is how he can afford to be fascinated with them in the first place. Even after all these years, they still manage to surprise him on a regular basis. His clientèle does not deal solely with humans, sometimes running the gamut from angels to demons and everything in between, but any being with a thought process different from his own is an object of curiosity. That is where a great deal of his patience comes from: it would be like a scientist getting frustrated with his lab results for not conforming to his hypothesis. While being right is gratifying, being proven wrong is just as much so. This also accounts for his inability to fully connect with others, as his refusal to react with equal emotion creates an inherently unbalanced dynamic.

He is genuinely calm most of the time, but when he is troubled it is always deeply so; and when he is angered... Nobody has ever seen it, but those who know him all regard the idea with apprehension. Sometimes he can also be rather tactless, but beyond the clarification of exactly what he did or said that caused offence, that is hardly ever cause for concern on his part.

H I S T O R Y

Lost. Confused. Frightened...? There were people about but they were not his people, they were not beautiful, were not bright and shining and good. Twisted, ugly things with dull faces. He bared his teeth. Their voices hurt his ears, raucous chatter with no more sense to it than the conversations of crows. They were looking at him.

And then, a hand. One of the dull things. A voice, soft, rough, muted. As hurtful as the others but for the fact that it spoke his tongue--- butchered it, rather, but he could recognize the words.

His childhood is a hazy thing, full of colors and sensations that made little sense, his expectations so wildly defied by the reality around him that he could not make heads or tails of it for years and years. By the time he learned to do so, his caretaker was nearly dead, he realized. That rasping note to its voice, the way it hunched. That was death.

In time, he learned enough to make his way about the world. In time, he grew used enough to it to feel that it was his own, though it never felt exactly right, like clothes that never quite fit. He met dull ones, and dark ones, and glimmering ones... but never his own kind. In time he learned enough to pass as 'human'. He wasn't. He knew he wasn't. He had powers the likes of which they never did, though he had to teach himself to use them, for there were no mentors to be found. There were a few more caretakers, some of whom he liked better than others. A few of their words he took to heart. There was one in particular, a tall dark-haired man with tired, wounded eyes, who taught him to value humans. They had had terrible arguments over it. Why should he bother? They were less than himself, not worthy of notice, except when they could be of use to him. But his caretaker persisted, and showed him all the intricacies and little triumphs and private tragedies of their lives. When this one, too, passed into death, he had at last impressed a little of his teachings on Alain, and the name he gave was the one Alain chose to keep. He had been called many things in his life, not all of them kind, but until then there had never been an epithet that he had been inclined to favor.

The coffee shop was a run-down thing when he found it, abandoned with all the other buildings in a ghost town. He liked it, for nature had done much to reclaim it, but he used his own magic to reclaim it further still. The place where it used to stand was now a patch of well-grown forest amongst the crumbling concrete. The shop itself exists outside all time and space, and in practice tends to occupy multiple locations at once. It was quite the undertaking to work that into its walls, but the idea had amused him, appealing to his sense of whimsy. At first it was just a shop, which served coffee, and a few other drinks of his own eccentric invention.

But then the boy had wandered in, and Alain found his curiosity piqued. For a time, the boy--- Blake, as he introduced himself--- was merely a customer. However, something about him struck Alain as oddly... amiss. It took a great deal of trial and error, but eventually he managed to coax the details of Blake's plight out of the boy. Finding a solution for someone plagued by spirits took him even longer, but in time they persevered together. Before Alain realized it, he had somehow made a friend. And as it turned out, Blake had a passion for baking.

The decision to run the cafe together was surprisingly easy. Alain couldn't cook and Blake needed a flexible base of operations. Besides, much as he hated to admit it, Alain was delighted by the prospect of his first real friend, and had no desire to see death claim Blake if he could prevent it.

Stranger still, his encounter with Blake cemented his fascination with the small, strange troubles of humans. Since then, he has taken it upon himself to help his 'special' customers, sometimes by dealing them a little extra something under the table, sometimes by talking to them. His help is often unconventional, and just as likely to do harm before it does any good, but he means well.

Role Play

STATS
Offense: 33
Defense: 28
Precision: 24
Endurance: 42
Speed: 34
Fame: 24
Element: Light

Traits:
-Healing Traits- Disease Immunity
-Magic Traits- Aftersight, Artificier, Lifesense, Planar Travel, Teleportation, Time Traveller, Time Warp
-Personality Traits- Change of Heart, Charismatic, Focused, Inner Discipline, Perceptive
-Physical Traits- Extended Lifespan, Graceful, Hover, Human Form, Padded Paws, Telekinesis
-Social Traits- Celestial Heritage
Battle Traits: none (breed trait)

RP Color: #DFD08D
Previous-Closed Threads
--> The Most Unlikely Places (Baian Swamp; 19 posts)
--> A Precarious Position (Tuun Mountains; 20 posts)
--> The Lost and the Found (Whisper Forest; 18 posts)

Notes
-no plot yet-

Relations
Mate --
Family --
Friends -- Blake
Allies --
Enemies --
Neutral --

Theme Song
none yet
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Blake

Postby crow » 11/26/2016 12:39 AM

Blake
(Pronounced: BLAYK)
Sucrose Kuhna

Name: Blake Everett
Definition: From a surname which was derived from Old English blæc "black" or blāc "pale".
Alignment: Neutral Good Diet: Omnivore
Height: 6'0" Length: N/A Weight: 74 kg

D E S C R I P T I O N

The resident baker at the Plush Cafe, and Alain's usual companion, Blake is mostly known to their customers as the tall, taciturn man who sometimes takes over the second cash register during peak hours. Generally, however, he leaves the customer service to Alain whenever possible, being something of an introvert himself. The baked goods, and indeed anything that isn't a drink served at the cafe, are all his creation, and food is one of his passions. On occasion, he is known to experiment, an event that regular customers await with anticipation.

However, Blake is also known for his frequent absences from the cafe. Just as Alain moonlights as a therapist, Blake serves as something of a messenger for the dead. Sometimes a ghost will come to him; other times he will hear of a case, or more rarely, sense a disturbance originating from a particular location. He has little control over these episodes, and thus keeps highly irregular hours. For his purposes, the cafe provides a convenient base of operations, able to drop him off and pick him back up almost anywhere.

He is good friends with Alain, and possibly serves as the barrister's only friend. No one knows much about where Blake came from, or how the two met, but they seem to share a particularly long history.

P E R S O N A L I T Y

While he may look tall and intimidating, with a brooding demeanour and an impassive face, Blake is actually quite shy. Most of the time, he is quiet because he doesn't know what to say; when he does speak, he chooses his words carefully. Generally, he prefers to listen instead. With an almost endless reserve of patience and calm, he is very slow to anger. No one in his acquaintance had ever seen him mad, except possibly for Alain; and the latter refuses to speak of it, if he has.

(more forthcoming)

H I S T O R Y

TEXT

Role Play

STATS
Offense: 30
Defense: 26
Precision: 27
Endurance: 60
Speed: 62
Fame: 33

Traits:
-Healing Traits- words
-Magic Traits- words
-Physical Traits- words
-Social Traits- words

RP Color: #000000
Previous-Closed Threads
--> The Lost and the Found (Whisper Forest; 106 posts)

Notes
-no plot yet-

Relations
Mate --
Family --
Friends -- Alain
Allies --
Enemies --
Neutral --

Theme Song
none yet
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Esmond

Postby crow » 11/26/2016 12:40 AM

Esmond
(Pronounced: EHZ-mund)
Grasis Kuhna

Name: Esmond
Definition: Derived from the Old English elements east "grace" and mund "protection"
Alignment: ??? Diet: Omnivore (vegetarian)
Height: 5'11" Length: uh Weight: 60 kg

D E S C R I P T I O N

Esmond is a young man in his twenties. While he isn't exceptionally tall, he has a slender, almost willowy figure that gives the illusion of height. He has fine, delicately-built features framed by neatly-groomed blond hair. His soft green eyes always look kind, and he smiles often. He has a scholar's hands, with long elegant fingers marred only by writer's calluses. His style of dress tends to accentuate the long lines of his body, and he favors layers and light, neutral colors.

His looks, however pleasing, are mundane. There is nothing in them to suggest that he might be anything other than a student or a scribe, but in fact he is something of an... adventurer, though that may be a bit of a strong word for it. Esmond does not exactly do anything for a living. Instead, he traverses through realms alongside his companion, Larkin. They seldom have any idea where they will end up, which is part of why they choose to go together. It is sometimes altogether too exciting a lifestyle for him, and he has considered 'retiring', as it were; but something always seems to convince him not to abandon his ways after all.

P E R S O N A L I T Y

Esmond is by nature an exceptionally mild-mannered young man, with a quiet air about him and gentle eyes. He avoids conflict when possible and is mildly afraid of confrontation. Thus, he usually tries to pacify other people during an argument, and seek a peaceful solution. While this does make him difficult to stay mad at, it also makes him, in Larkin's words, "wishy-washy personified". However, he isn't a complete pushover. Over the course of his travels, he's learned that not all conflicts can be resolved without fighting, and he will defend himself and his own when push comes to shove. He's easily flustered and slightly shy, though he becomes friendly very quickly if he can see that you wish to be friends. At the least, he can always be trusted to remain polite, even if you aren't.

Loyal to a fault, he will often overlook the flaws of his loved ones. He is soft-hearted, and giving to the point where it is sometimes self-destructive. He is prone to hiding his own troubles from others, and sacrificing of himself for the sake of those he cares about regardless of whether they want that or not. He is especially prone to being unlucky in love: for whatever reason, he always seems to be pining after someone he can't have. Larkin has been trying to cure him of the worst of his wishy-washy martyr-without-a-cause tendencies, but progress is slow.

He has a love of learning and a surprisingly robust sense of adventure, considering how bookish he can be at times. This was partially an acquired taste, as he was much less enthusiastic about his ability to traverse the dimensions when he first discovered it, and it wasn't until he met Larkin that he started to come around to her way of thinking. Now, however, the desire to see new sights and learn about different places has become a part of who he is.

H I S T O R Y

TEXT

Role Play

STATS
Offense: 9
Defense: 9
Precision: 15
Endurance: 22
Speed: 11
Fame: 13
Element: Light/Ice

Traits:
-Acclimation Traits- Cold Adaptation, Terrain Traveler
-Healing Traits- Antivenin, First Aid, Herbalist, Life Transfer, War Medic
-Magic Traits- Aftersight, Artifact User, Planar Travel, Spellcaster, Spirit Sense, Time Traveler (backwards only)
-Personality Traits- Explorer, Extrovert, Honorable, Intellectual, Loyal, Perceptive, Pure Soul, Romantic, Well-Mannered
-Physical Traits- Dash, Graceful, Human Form, Padded Paws, Photoresistant
-Social Traits- Protected (Larkin), Strategist, Track Cover

RP Color: #DEBF72
Previous-Closed Threads
--> On Arrival (Lambastia World Bridge; 10 posts)
--> A Precarious Position (Tuun Mountains; 17 posts)

Notes
-no plot yet-

Relations
Mate --
Family --
Friends -- Larkin
Allies -- Larkin
Enemies --
Neutral --

Theme Song
none yet
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Larkin

Postby crow » 11/26/2016 12:40 AM

Larkin
(Pronounced: LAHR-kin)
Sugarplum Kuhna

Name: Larkin
Definition: lark (noun): 1. a merry, carefree adventure; frolic; escapade; 2. any of numerous, chiefly Old World oscine birds, of the family Alaudidae, characterized by an unusually long, straight hind claw, especially the skylark
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral Diet: Omnivore
Height: 5'5" Length: N/A Weight: 53 kg

D E S C R I P T I O N

A girl with bright eyes and a playful smile, Larkin's slight build and mannerisms often make her appear slightly younger than her 19 years. Her dark hair is kept in a short, fluffy bob, with some of it tied up into a jaunty ponytail near the top of her head. Her sense of dress changes readily to fit the styles around her, but she is rather fond of boots and cloaks if she can get away with them. She also has plenty of shiny little trinkets hidden in pockets and under sleeves, but she's not dumb enough to wear them where someone else could see it on her person. If they could see it, they could very well snitch it. That was how she used to make her living, after all.

Despite her pretty face, Larkin has the body of someone used to a hard life. She's mostly wiry muscle with little trace of fat, and the ease with which she saunters through city streets translates into deft dodging and the ability to stick a knife between someone's ribs before they even realize she's there. Naturally, she has some scars on her person, and a story to tell about every one, though not necessarily a plausible one. Then again, considering her dimension-hopping lifestyle, maybe some of her outlandish tales are true. Along with Esmond, Larkin has been through dozens of different realms, and seen things the likes of which even her companion wouldn't know. It's tough sometimes, but she wouldn't give it up for the world. Nothing else would ever be as exciting.

P E R S O N A L I T Y

Larkin is best described as a carefree, unrepentant hedonist. As she would put it, “Let nobody say I don't enjoy myself!” Seemingly unfettered by moral scruples, she does what she wants--- at least, as much as she realistically can. She talks fast, thinks quick and isn't above using underhanded tactics to get what she wants. She's actually been through a great deal of hardship, but you wouldn't know it from looking at her. Forced up onto the roofs by the city guard? Take it as an opportunity to get to know the birds! Couldn't find a place to shelter for the night? Sleep under the stars! Thrown into a new dimension without any idea of what's going on? Well hey, she always wanted to go on an adventure! Larkin always makes the best of things, even if the situation might be bleak for someone else.

Unfortunately, Larkin's only looking out for number one. But why shouldn't she? In her mind, everyone else is out for themselves; it's only natural that she do the same. It's not to say that she can't make friends, but when push comes to shove, it's hard to convince her to stay loyal if betraying someone is the better alternative. Her cheery exterior may seem at odds with her deeply cynical worldviews, but in truth the former does not hide the latter; rather, they coexist and compliment each other. The world may be a horrible place and people may be greedy, selfish jerks, but that doesn't mean she can't have a good time. She just needs to be a little creative... and a little cutthroat.

The one person she's genuinely attached to is Esmond, in the way that someone might get attached to a well-mannered but slightly helpless puppy. As such, she has been trying to gradually break the facts of life to him, while simultaneously attempting to shelter him from the worst of the atrocities that they have witnessed. Yet, much as she hates to admit it, he is also influencing her in return, though more slowly. Larkin is not quite as selfish as she was before she met him, though she doesn't know if this is a positive development or not.

H I S T O R Y

The short version is: her mother ran out on her when she was six, and her dad was a well-disguised deadbeat. She ran away, got caught up in a lot of excitement, and made a friend along the way; now they get into mishaps together.

The long version? Larkin was born to a con man and the daughter of a rich merchant. Her mother, barely out of her teens, eloped with her father after the two fell madly in love. However, that love soon soured in the face of their unglamorous lifestyle. Larkin's father had a love of gambling and a distaste for routine, which resulted in his inability to hold down a proper job. He could sometimes pacify his wife with his charm, but as time went on, she got tired of being lied to and one day she left without a word.

Larkin's father was often absent. When he was there, he was clever, charismatic, invincible and larger-than-life; it was easy to forget that they were dirt-poor then. He would pull extravagant gifts for her out of nowhere, show her the most beautiful sights she'd ever seen, and tell her how much he loved her. And yet, that love never seemed to be enough to keep him with her, and Larkin spent the majority of her childhood scraping by on her own, a victim of neglect.

When she was young, none of that mattered. She nearly worshipped her father, and made excuses for him when he was gone, playing his feats and stories in her mind when she was lonely. But food still had to come from somewhere, and she found out soon enough that if she was careful, she could steal a passer-by's wallet without too much trouble. Larkin began thieving in earnest when she was eight. As soon as she was making steady money for herself, however, her father began to ask for loans from her. He would always promise to pay her back soon, and told her what a darling she was, how she was the only ally he had in the world. In retrospect, this was perhaps where their relationship first began to sour.

She was willing enough to fork up the money at first, for she loved him and believed that she was helping him, and that if she helped him enough he would praise her and help her in return. As the years dragged on, however, she realized the same thing that her mother did: all his promises were empty, his answers evasive when she asked about her money. Still, she loved him enough to keep bailing him out even after her belief in him had failed, and it wasn't until she was fifteen that a deeply-conflicted Larkin finally said no.

Her father, drunk at the time, tried to cajole her and then to play to her sympathies; when that failed, he cursed her, ranting about how he had worked so hard to raise her and what an ungrateful urchin she was. Though she wasn't blind to her father's faults anymore, this deeply wounded Larkin, for she had still believed that her father loved her in his own way even if he hadn't taken care of her. Until then she'd preferred to believe that he couldn't, rather than that he didn't want to, or simply didn't care. Faced with the truth, she didn't have the heart to stay; she gave him money for beer and waited until he drank himself into a stupor, then stole away in the night.

She lived as a street thief for a while, until a group of guards finally managed to corner her in an alley, and for once she couldn't find a way out. Desperate, she pleaded for a miracle--- and got one, though it turned out to be something of a mixed blessing. Next thing she knew, she was in the middle of a forest with trees the likes of which she'd never seen. As it turned out, she didn't just wind up in a different part of the world, she wound up in a different world altogether. But eager as always to make the best of it, she set about finding out how best to have fun in this new realm, until dire circumstances forced her to take her leave of it too.

Since then, Larkin has been hopping from world to world, having... 'adventures'. Along the way, she ran into Esmond. Miraculously, it seemed as if he shared a power with her. At first she was intrigued, then exasperated as he quickly proved himself to be exceedingly naive. There was nothing for it. She was going to have to take this poor fool under her wing. It wasn't an entirely selfless decision. She had begun to feel lonely in her travels, and the idea of someone who could come along with her wherever she went was appealing. As time went on, however, she developed a genuine fondness for him, and promised herself to try and protect him until such a time that he was no longer so naive. That wasn't entirely selfless either--- as it turns out, watching someone you're fond of getting themselves hurt time and time again isn't much fun at all.

Role Play

STATS
Offense: 11
Defense: 6
Precision: 12
Endurance: 15
Speed: 10
Fame: 10
Element: none

Traits:
-Acclimation Traits- City Dweller, Terrain Traveller
-Healing Traits- none
-Magic Traits- Aftersight, Artifact User, Planar Travel, Time Warp
-Personality Traits- Adaptable, formerly Avaricious, Change of Heart, Cynic, Explorer, Focused, Hard-Headed, Hyper, Mischievous, Opinionated, Wanderlust
-Physical Traits- Climber, Dash, Evasive, Human Form, Night Vision, Padded Paws
-Social Traits- former Criminal, Defender (Esmond), Independent, Poker Face, Scavenger, Silent Shadow, Track Cover
Battle Traits: Powerful Jaws (breed trait)

RP Color: #D09ADF
Previous-Closed Threads
--> On Arrival (Lambastia World Bridge; 10 posts
Breeding Room [w/ Mojave] (Breeding Area, 13 posts

Notes
-no plot yet-

Relations
Mate --
Family --
Friends -- Esmond
Allies -- Esmond
Enemies --
Neutral --

Theme Song
none yet
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Akala

Postby crow » 11/26/2016 12:41 AM

Akala
(Pronounced: ah-KAH-lah)
Trikuhna

Name: Akala Theidan (the tenth)
Definition: N/A
Alignment: Neutral Good Diet: Omnivore
Height: 5'8" Length: N/A Weight: 63 kg

D E S C R I P T I O N

TEXT

P E R S O N A L I T Y

TEXT

H I S T O R Y

TEXT

Role Play

STATS
Offense: 46
Defense: 75
Precision: 41
Endurance: 44
Speed: 40
Fame: 40

Traits:
-Healing Traits- words
-Magic Traits- words
-Physical Traits- words
-Social Traits- words

RP Color: #C97E13
Previous-Closed Threads
--> Serendipity (Craiss Caverns, 36 posts)
--> No Place Like Home (Lamenolai, City of Guardians; 132 posts)

Notes
-no plot yet-

Relations
Mate --
Family --
Friends --
Allies --
Enemies --
Neutral --

Theme Song
none yet
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Faber

Postby crow » 11/26/2016 12:41 AM

Faber
(Pronounced: FAY-bur)
Toffee Kuhna

Name: Faber
Definition: Latin word for "smith"
Height: 6'4" Length: N/A Weight: 75 kg

D E S C R I P T I O N

A busker boy with soft, messy brown hair and sleepy hazel-brown eyes, Faber somehow always manages to look like he's just rolled out of bed. He's tall, but too skinny for his own good; his clothes are ripped in places and a few decades out of style. It gives him the appearance of either a vintage rocker or a homeless teen, depending on who's looking. The most notable thing about him is his electric guitar, which he carries with him everywhere along with a miniature amp he wears hooked to his hip. The fact that he does sometimes play in the streets only adds to the impression that he's a wandering hobo.

While that guess isn't entirely off the mark, it also doesn't tell the whole story. What Faber really is is a time-traveller. The unfortunate part is that he can only jump forward in time, which leaves him stranded every time he makes the jump. Fortunately, he has another more useful ability: teleportation. He has little trouble finding shelter, so long as he can find an abandoned place to settle down for the night.

A long time ago, he made a jump into the future, and he's been wandering like this ever since. No one knows where he came from or what his deal is, and if you ask him, he won't say. Still, he's pretty much harmless, and as long as he doesn't make a nuisance of himself, the authorities are happy to turn a blind eye. As far as they're concerned, he's just another dead-end teen.

P E R S O N A L I T Y

Faber is a carefree soul, and he'll do anything to keep it that way. As far as anyone knows, he doesn't care about anything other than playing music and finding his next meal. He's generally as easygoing as you can get, helped along by his perpetually drowsy disposition, and he's happy to oblige if you just want to sit with him a while, or if you want to hear him play. In fact, he's quite talented with that guitar of his, and his singing isn't bad either--- his voice a little husky, but with its own bohemian charm.

There are few things he'll actively object to, but people asking about his past is one of them. He tries to laugh it off if he's able, but if pressed, he'll avoid it in less subtle ways. Whatever happened to him, it's clear that he's not ready to deal with it. He's willing enough to help others get away from their problems, being the consummate escapist himself, but he doesn't want to know what those problems are. If someone begins to try to burden him like that, he won't hesitate to cut them out of his life.

He doesn't really know what he's doing with his life, or what he wants, beyond just enjoying himself from moment to moment. That might be why he's so averse to settling down. Living the way he does, from meal to meal and shelter to shelter, makes it that much harder to think about the past or the future. How long he can keep going like this is anyone's guess though.

H I S T O R Y

He doesn't remember much. Don't ask.

Okay, maybe he's lying. Does it count as lying if you can only remember it in dreams? Or nightmares. Nightmares are more accurate. Sometimes they start out as dreams, full of people whose features float away from him if he concentrates too hard on them and sensations that feel like they're filtering down to him from far away.

And then everything burns.

It's always the same. Sometimes there's no lead-up, and he just finds himself running, with no idea of how he got there. The scent of smoke haunts him, burning in his lungs, while the wail of sirens overhead blend with the cries of the people into one unending wave of sound. Heat presses in, licking at his skin. He has to keep running. Sometimes the walls trapped him in, and sometimes the ground fell away from him. Sometimes there were angry men, barking sharply in a tongue he doesn't know, grabbing at his clothes.

He doesn't want to remember. Even after... after the first jump, everything is indistinct. When had it been? He doesn't know. How many has he been through? A few. He's lost count. Where did he get the guitar? Who knows. Maybe stolen.

It's easier this way.

Role Play

STATS
Offense: 34
Defense: 51
Precision: 29
Endurance: 33
Speed: 26
Fame: 40
Element: Metal/Earth

Traits:
-Healing Traits- none
-Magic Traits- Artifact User, Teleportation, Time Traveller (forwards only)
-Personality Traits- Adaptable, Chaotic Mind, Creative Mind, Phobic (fire), Traumatized
-Physical Traits- Human Form, Padded Paws
-Social Traits- Homeless, Musician, Orphan, Scavenger, Track Cover
Battle Traits: Padded Paws, Powerful Jaws (breed trait)

RP Color: #AD7A39
Previous-Closed Threads
--> Serendipity (Craiss Caverns, 26 posts)
--> No Place Like Home (Lamenolai, City of Guardians; 79 posts)
--> Charlie's World (Terrace Park, 19 posts

Notes
-no plot yet-

Relations
Mate --
Family --
Friends -- Akala
Allies --
Enemies --
Neutral -- Charlie

Theme Song
none yet
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Charlie

Postby crow » 11/26/2016 12:42 AM

Charlie
(Pronounced: CHAHR-lee)
Murky Kuhna (Tristis x Misteme)

Name: Charlie Bishop
Definition: Diminutive or feminine form of Charles; from the Germanic name Karl, which was derived from a Germanic word which meant "man" or derived from the common Germanic element hari meaning "army, warrior"
Height: 5'5" Length: N/A Weight: 48 kg

D E S C R I P T I O N

TEXT

P E R S O N A L I T Y

TEXT

H I S T O R Y

TEXT

Role Play

STATS

Traits:
-Healing Traits- words
-Magic Traits- words
-Physical Traits- words
-Social Traits- words

RP Color: #804CA2
Previous-Closed Threads
--> Charlie's World (Terrace Park, 148 posts)

Notes
-no plot yet-

Relations
Mate --
Family -- Elliot Bishop
Friends --
Allies --
Enemies --
Neutral -- Faber

Theme Song
none yet
crow