Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

|x| Humble Beginnings |x| [Open || Hunt]

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/01/2011 10:37 PM

Open to anyone, any RP-Level, etc.
Feel free to PM me, asking plots, ideas, etc.
No more than 3-4 RPers, please

Somatsu
{| 1 -::- 1 |}
If today was your last day
And tomorrow was too late
Could you say goodbye to yesterday?

The gaping mouth of the Caverns stood opened and ready to accept it’s next victim within it, daring any and all to try their luck within the winding and twisted halls. A cool air seeped from within the darkness that swelled within the gaping hole. It was a start contrast of light; the sunlight on the outside compared to the darkness of the caverns insides. What dangers laid within the Caverns could only be questioned for now. Only by venturing inside would one find out what lie ahead within the caves, and that was just what one brute was about to do.
At the mouth of the cave he stood, the sun shining magnificently off of his armor and shimmering feathers. There was not a trace of fear that lurked within this brute. Instead, there seemed to be quite a proud and ready nature to face the caverns head on. It would be a grand adventure, and one he hoped would end in success. Somatsu tilted his head as he stared into the darkness, a small smile on his reptilian features. He was looking very forward to this.
Without a word, the lone War Purine Gyrraptor began his descent into the caverns, the darkness quickly taking over and swallowing him, hiding the sunlight from his view. But, quickly, his eyes adjusted to the paler light inside the caverns. The cave was lined with what appeared to be glowing runes, which offered some light. However, Somatsu’s sharp night vision quickly used the bits of light available and sharpened his view, thus allowing him a much better view of where he was going. Hopefully, his skills would come in handy, and he would be able to spot one of the elusive Akail.
His descent into the caverns was taken slowly and carefully, the soft sound of his footfalls the only sound heard. Sharp hearing and scent worked constantly, ever alert for the being that was the Akail. Somatsu did not know how long this hunt would last, or if it would even prove to be fruitful, but it would be worth a shot. After all, who knew where it would lead to. Suddenly, Somatsu stopped, sharp eyes darting around the area. The scent of another wafted to his nares, alerting him that he was not alone. The cool air from within the cave seemed to have carried a scent to him, although it was fairly strong, suggesting that whatever it was could be nearby. Somatsu peered ahead, searching the rocks and formations of the tunnel he had chosen. Despite this being a tunnel, there were quite a number of places someone could be hiding. Carefully, the Gyrraptor made his way forward, body well relaxed, but ready to spring into action at any moment.
As he neared a rather large rock jutting out of the side of the tunnel, Somatsu grew suspicious, feeling that he was nearing the creature, whatever it was. And then, his questions were answered. A female Blood Gyrraptor suddenly leaped into view, causing Somatsu to leap back instinctively and crouch low. He did not hiss or show any threatening posture, however. The fae, however, was crouched low with feathers bristled, claws raised for attack and growling fiercely. “Back off! This is my tunnel! And I intend to find my own Akail down it.
Somatsu lifted himself, realizing that this fae was fairly young and, therefore, would have no use in fighting or arguing with her. He bowed his head politely and said in the most calmest and gentlest of voice, “My apologies, miss. I did not mean to intrude.
Immediately, Kai tilted her head, lifting her body to full height and looking at the brute with curiosity. “Heh… Well, I hadn’t expected that reaction.” Kai stepped a couple of steps closer to the brute, tilting her head up at him in curiosity and wonder. Somatsu held back a smile, slightly amused to her curious nature, however, she seemed to be doing more than just looking at him. No, Kai was reading into the creature, trying to see if he was an imposter, or a liar, both of which she couldn’t stand. Tilting her head the other way, Kai rose up to look at the brute face to face. “What’s your name, brute?” She barked, obviously wanting a straight-forward answer.
Somatsu,” The male replied with a nod of his head, not wanting to leave her to question his name. Somatsu had no trouble talking with others, especially of this one’s type. He actually found it rather interesting. “And you are, miss?
Kai.” The Blood Gyrraptor shot back as she circled around the larger brute, apparently searching him for something. The larger brute watched her curiously as she moved about him, but said or did nothing to detour her. Instead, he continued with, “It’s my pleasure to meet you Kai.” His only response was a sneer from the fae, as if she was amused by his words. Somatsu truly didn’t mind.
After her ‘search’, the fae suddenly dashed to where she had first showed herself and spun around, as if guarding the passage through the cave. Somatsu tilted his head and took a few steps closer, calmly, and said, “So, you are after an Akail such as I? Any luck on your own?
Kai shot Somatsu a glare, hissing at his remark, but could only, regrettably, for the answer, “No, I haven’t.
Somatsu nodded his head as if he had expected such a thing, looking away as if in thought. He allowed his question to settle for a moment, knowing that Kai would be thinking of it as well. After a moment, Somatsu looked back to the fae and opened his maw to speak, but was cut short when she spoke. “You know… Working alone to find one certainly hasn’t proved efficient. If you think you can keep up with me, Somatsu, then come on. Let’s go find us an Akail.” Snorting, the fae turned and began to descend further into the caverns.
Somatsu chuckled lightly, finding quite the amusement with this one, and so he gladly said, “Alright, then. I won’t slow you down, missy.
My name is Kai! Remember that!” Calling back from ahead, Somatsu heard her ticked-off voice and chuckled once more, nodding apologetically as he followed down the cave. “My apologies, Kai.” Still chuckling softly, the brute walked onward, following Kai who was a good few yards ahead, lurking around in search of the Akail…

Kai
{| 1 -::- 1 |}
Only the strongest will survive
Lead me to Heaven when we die
I am the
shadow on the wall
I'll be the one to save us all
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 796
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/02/2011 11:14 PM

Somatsu
{| 1 -::- 2 |}

The caverns were extremely quiet. The only sounds that could be heard were some distant drips of water from somewhere deep within the caves. The War Purine Gyrraptor tilted his crowned head, listening to the sound of dripping with bright eyes. Even with his natural keen hearing, the brute could not pinpoint the location of the dripping due to the echoes in the canyon. Somatsu realized that this would mean hearing the elusive Akail would prove to be quite difficult. His keen hearing would be able to pick up the sounds, but there would be no promises that he would be able to pinpoint it's location. Perhaps with the help of Kai, though, they could work together as a team to locate these magnificent creatures.
Somatsu lifted his eyes, seeing the red form of Kai up quite a few yards ahead. She was certainly working fast through the caves. The brute Gyrraptor was starting to worry for her, afraid she would get lost or separated, but in all honesty, it seemed that this Kai could very well take care of herself. Still, Somatsu quickened his pace a bit to catch up to the fae, and perhaps find out a bit more about her. After all, it seemed they would be down here for a good while searching for a beasty.
The Blood Gyrraptor was busy with her snout pointed low toward the ground, nostrils working to pick up any scents of others. The only scents she could pick up on, however, were old and faded, mixed with the earthy and ancient rock that surrounded them. There was nothing fresh or recent that seemed to point to any recent life down here. Kai paused, lifting her head and snorting in irritation at the thought. Her impatient determination would prove to make this hunt very pressing. Tilting her crowned head, her head feathers laid back slightly as she raised a brow. Somatsu was nearing. Kai decided to wait for him, for no reason in particular. She'd gotten a bit ahead of him and she figured she should probably let him know that she'd found nothing so far.
As Somatsu neared, he slowed to a stop behind the fae, tilting his head to look up the walls they stood next to in awe and wonder. However, his attention was called to Kai when she spoke. “Nothing yet. All scents are old. We should keep moving.” The Blood Gyrraptor wasted no time in continuing forward, and Somatsu smiled softly, shaking his head slightly at the determination of the fae. She certainly kept him moving.
Continuing forward, the brute stayed close to Kai, allowing her to lead the way. He didn't mind at all. She seemed like she could very well handle herself, so, Somatsu let her have her way without a problem. If it made her happy, by all means, she should do so. After a moment of silence, the brute spoke up in his soothing voice. “Tell me, Kai. What were you doing down here on your own?” His question was simple and without accusation. It was simply just a question for conversation. Kai, however, snorted at it, pausing to inspect the cave wall as it started to bend into a turn. Without looking back at the brute, she replied in a flat tone, “I don't need anyone.
Somatsu could easily tell that she was a loner. He was a bit surprised she had accepted his aid, but part of him was glad she had done so. Somatsu liked a bit of company, even if it was with a fae such as she, although, he truly didn't mind her. She did not seem mean, just a loner. With a nod of his head, the brute replied in an understanding tone, “That's a good reason to be on your own.
Glancing back, Kai eyed the brute suspiciously, as if expecting for there to be some hidden meaning beneath what he said, however, she could see no lie or deceit in his features. Somatsu only smiled softly. Kai wasn't entirely sure what to think of this brute, but part of her truly did want to trust him. He just seemed trustworthy. “Hm, indeed.” With that, the fae walked on, follow the cave in which they had taken, using the same posture as before of trying to track any scents she picked up on. Somatsu followed, his keen eyes working to make sure that Kai would not be ambushed due to her position. Her attention was to the ground, and not ahead or up, which left her open to attack. However, something surprising did come... And it was from Kai.
So, what are you doing here alone? You don't seem like the 'loner' type.

Kai
{| 1 -::- 2 |}
I am the
shadow on the wall
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/06/2011 2:37 PM

Somatsu
{| 1 -::- 3 |}

Somatsu slowed his walk to a complete stop, watching the fae as she continued onward after asking the question. It surprised him. Both because the question brought about many memories, and because it struck him as surprising that Kai would ask. Honestly, she did not seem to be the type to question others in this manner, as she did truly seem to be quite the loner, and this puzzled Somatsu. Tilting his cranium to the side, he remained halted for a moment more, pondering on this thought, as well as the question. Kai continued without looking back, obviously stuck to the idea of finding an Akail. Perhaps she had only asked as a reflex to his question. Somatsu wasn't sure, but he soon realized that Kai was leaving him again and he picked up in a light jog to catch up to her, slowing himself to a walk as he did so. Wasting no time in replying, the brute said, “I spend a lot of time wondering from here to there, so much of my time, I am alone. It's not an uncommon sight. However, I'm not really the loner type, honestly.
Kai tilted her head back, looking at the brute a moment as he answered. Honestly, she could tell he wasn't a loner. His friendly personality gave that away quickly to her. The fae Gyrraptor had a feeling that he would share a lot of information about himself. Her ability to really understand people told her that Somatsu was rather truthful and would probably be very open about his life. Kai wasn't entirely sure what to think of it, but she decided to let him talk all he wanted, so long as it didn't hinder their chances of finding and taming an Akail. If they could find one that is. “Not many are. And those that are, are normally putting on a front to be tougher, in that they really don't need anyone else.” Kai spoke as she placed her nose to the ground, sniffing out any signs of Akail. None yet. She zigged and zagged from wall to wall of the tunnel, making her way rather quickly down it. Somatsu followed, nodding his head in understanding to what she said, but it brought about a curious thought. “So, does that mean that you are putting on a front?
The female Gyrraptor stopped short, her head shooting up quickly as feathers bristled at the thought. Quickly, she turned around, hissing with eyes narrowed and shoving her snout into that of the larger Gyrraptors'. “I am not putting on some sort of display,” she spat, clearly agitated. “What you see is what you get. Don't like it, tough.” The fae snorted and turned, tail swishing in irritation. Her focus quickly went back to hunting for an Akail, however, this time she was moving a bit faster from her irritation. Somatsu only smiled softly, showing amusement in his eyes at her fiery nature. “My apologies, Kai.” The brute said with a dip of his head as he followed the fae. Kai did not respond, only continuing with her hunt for the ever elusive Akail.

Kai
{| 1 -::- 3 |}
I am the
shadow on the wall
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: |x| Humble Beginnings |x| [Open || Hunt]

Postby Krystalolive » 05/07/2011 12:39 AM

How long had he been down here looking for one of these 'Akails' or whatever they were called? It's not that Draco minded, but he hadn't run into anyone else, and that bothered him just the slightest.
It was like no one else was looking for one of these things, which probability meant that there were no more of these things in the caves. 'No. I've been down here too long to give up now.' He paused, hearing something a ways off. He turned his head down the tunnel where the voices were coming from. He couldn't hear what they were saying, but he was able to tell that there were two voices, and it sounded like there was one male and one female.
He quickly made his way through the tunnel, his wings folded tight against his body so he could quickly get through. 'Maybe this is another pair of hunters, or better yet, maybe this is a pair of Akails. Two is better than one.' He paused at this thought, then slowly made his way, not wanting to alert the would-be prey if it was Akails, and wanting to see the hunters before rushing out to meet them.

((I'm so sorry for being late. I haven't had time to get on the computer since Tuesday. And lame post is lame.  :yay: I promise it will (hopefully) get better.))
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 549
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/07/2011 7:47 PM

((It's all good xD I understand completely ^^ Thanks for joining 8D))

Somatsu
{| 1 -::- 4 |}

The Blood Gyrraptor fae walked along through the silent caves, her excellent sense of smell working to pick out every scent that came her way. Much like a hound dog, she seemed to be quite keen with her scent, her head darting from side-to-side at each new scent trail she picked up. But none pointed to an Akail yet. Instead, Kai kept picking up scents of others who had wondered down here, likely for the same reasons that they had: after an Akail. Only a few ever seemed to succeed, but Kai's determination was not diminished in the least. She wasn't leaving here empty handed, even if it meant spending days down here. Kai was prepared to do a bit of hunting for any small rodents or bats that called these dark caves home. And, if Somatsu couldn't keep up with her, she would be forced to leave him behind. Her mission for an Akail was far too important. But, as she glanced back to the silver form of the larger brute, Kai couldn't help but have an admiration for him. He was quite handsome, and he seemed pleasant to be around... Even if he did make a few smart remarks now and again, but Somatsu always apologized. Perhaps, he wasn't so bad.
Somatsu followed along, this time remaining quiet. His questions about the fae had slipped away, and his silent nature took over as he began to really get into the hunt for an Akail. With Kai snooping around with her nose, Somatsu made sure to use his other senses to watch out for her. She seemed completely focused on smelling out an Akail, so Somatsu wanted to be sure she was safe. To do so, the brute kept a sharp eye out ahead of her, able to see farther than most due to his natural night vision ability. His auditory slits also were well at work, listening to every sound within the cave. There were very few, aside from the eerie dripping, as well as the flapping of wings from flying creatures far above, or in the distance. The sounds were few and far between which made it quite eerie, but it also allowed for it to be easier to pick up on sounds.
Suddenly, Somatsu stopped, Kai continuing on without noticing. He distinctly heard something ahead. Something moved up ahead in the narrow cave, however Somatsu never got a chance to see what it was, but he realized that Kai was heading straight for whatever it was. Somatsu's eyes widened and he instinctively shrieked, “Kai!” The sudden shriek caused Kai to stop short, spinning around as Somatsu dashed ahead of her in a protective manner, however did not display threat. Kai seemed baffled and confused for a moment, yet she stood her ground behind Somatsu, glaring at him, feathers bristling in an aggressive manner, a hiss escaping her jaws. Thinking quickly, Somatsu did as he was used to, offering up his voice as his weapon, in hopes of keeping fighting out of this. He had a feeling Kai would have liked a fight, but Somatsu wasn't one to do so. “Who goes there? Friend or foe?” His night-vision did well in this lighting, however he could not make out where the creature was or what it was. What if it was an Akail? Somatsu cringed slightly, thinking how he could have possibly ruined their chances, but something told him that it was not an akail they were facing. Kai seemed clearly annoyed and agitated but didn't move from her position. Offering his voice once more, Somatsu assured whatever it was, “We are of no threat.

Kai
{| 1 -::- 4 |}
I am the
shadow on the wall
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 05/08/2011 1:04 AM

Draco almost jumped when one of the.... 'Gyrraptors. A pair of Gyrraptors, and it seems one of them is a Purine. He was the one that called out.' Draco paused, debating about whether to show himself or not, then mentally sighed. He had been down here for a long time, and he had no idea when he would run into someone again. He was a loner, but sometimes he wanted to talk to someone.
"Friend." He slid out of the tunnel he was in, trying to give off a friendly smile and talked to the Purine, since it looked like he was the one who did the talking. The other Gyrraptor seemed to be growling at him. "I apologize for hiding at first, I had to make sure you weren't an Akail." He bowed his head to the two of them, then introduced himself. "My name is Draco, and I promise you I have no intentions to harm either of you." Draco said this, meaning it. He wasn't one to lie very often, and didn't like to lie when he first met someone.
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/08/2011 5:52 PM

Somatsu
{| 2 -::- 5 |}

Friend.” The answer came, and Somatsu relaxed a bit. You could never be too certain with strangers, but he was always one to give others a chance. After all, instead of answering with an attack, this brute did answer. Kai, on the other hand, was trying to assess whether this massive beast, who turned out to be a Hollowheart, was speaking truth or trying to deceive them. Her nature would not allow herself to be kind to start with. “I apologize for hiding at first, I had to make sure you weren't an Akail.” Somatsu returned with a smile upon his reptilian features and a dip of his head, showing a sign of respect for the brute as well as forgiving the action. After all, it was perfectly understandable. Kai's eyes narrowed. It didn't seem the brute was a liar. He gave off no tell signs that showed of lying, but that could never be certain. For now, though, she allowed Somatsu to do the talking, a rare occurrence. “My name is Draco, and I promise you I have no intentions to harm either of you.” The Purine Gyrraptor showed his respects to the beast with another dip of his head, replying in his friendly and smooth tone, “Pleasure to meet you, Draco. I am Somatsu, and this is-” “Kai.” The blood Gyrraptor cut in with a snort, tossing her head, as her feathers flattened back against her crown. Somatsu nodded his head in agreement, understanding that it probably took Kai a bit of time to warm up to others. She hadn't exactly warmed up to Somatsu yet either. Turning his attention back to the beast named Draco, Somatsu pointed out an obvious fact. “So it seems that we all three share a common goal: the elusive akail. Or, so I assume that you, too, are searching for an akail, correct?” For the beast to have mentioned an akail earlier, it brought about the suggestion that he was in fact searching for one, however, Somatsu always liked to be sure. Kai's eyes narrowed, tilting her head slightly as she looked at Somatsu, getting a funny feeling that they were about to have another being on their 'team'. She wasn't entirely sure what she thought of that, but like Somatsu, it would be the simple matter of as long as they kept up and stayed out of her way, they shouldn't pose too much of a problem.

Kai
{| 2 -::- 5 |}
I am the
shadow on the wall
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 05/08/2011 7:10 PM

Draco watched the two Gyrraptor's react to his greeting. The male, Somatsu he called himself, seemed to be a rather calm creature, a bit like Draco himself. But the female, Kai, seemed to not be trusting, which wasn't a bad thing, it was smart. Draco nodded at the question, smiling as well as he could. "Yes, I've been looking for an Akail for a while now. I've heard some, but always from far off. You two are the first I've run into since I've entered this labyrinth." He paused, looking at the two. They didn't seem that comfortable with each other, so he had to ask. "Did you two come here together, or did you met down here?"
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/09/2011 12:14 AM

Somatsu
{| 2 -::- 6 |}

Yes, I've been looking for an Akail for a while now. I've heard some, but always from far off. You two are the first I've run into since I've entered this labyrinth.” Somatsu tilted his head. So, it did appear they they were all three looking for that same elusive creature. And, it sounded as though the luck of this Draco was as empty-handed as they were. “Hm...”  The Purine Gyrraptor's eyes narrowed as he drifted off in thought. Would they find even find an akail? And if not, what would become of this trip in these dreaded caverns? "Did you two come here together, or did you met down here?" His thoughts were broken by the continuing words of the beast, which snapped him from his distant thoughts and brought him back to the reality that surrounded him. It took him a moment to even think of an answer, as his mind had drifted quite a bit, but Kai seemed to step in far more quickly, and he allowed her to do the speaking this time. “No, we met down here just recently. He was looking an akail just as I.” The Gyrraptor shrugged her shoulders and added causally, “So we figured we might as well look together.” Kai's jaws snapped shut at the finish of her sentence, not intending to speak further. Somatsu, however, added with a friendly smile, “Why don't you join us, Draco? Perhaps with the three of us, we will all have better luck finding one of those elusive creatures.” The fae sighed to herself, looking off. Another one to look out for. Of course, a massive creature such as this surely didn't need someone to watch out for him, but it was Kai's nature that caused her to feel the need to be leader, and therefore responsible for all that were with her. Then again, another set of eyes could help. It certainly wouldn't hurt to have another among their group.

Kai
{| 2 -::- 6 |}
I am the
shadow on the wall
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 05/09/2011 7:19 PM

Draco glanced at Somatsu, expecting him to answer, and was a bit shocked when Kai replied back. He smirked a little at her snap at the end of her statement, then glanced back at Somatsu when he spoke up. Why don't you join us? Draco paused, thinking about it for a second, then gave a little shrug, smiling. "I suppose if you don't mind, I'd be happy to go along with you. I've been hunting a few times, and usually if you have a good group of people, it's easier to spot creatures."

(Ugh, fail reply is short....)
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/11/2011 1:21 PM

Somatsu
{| 2 -::- 7 |}

I suppose if you don't mind, I'd be happy to go along with you. I've been hunting a few times, and usually if you have a good group of people, it's easier to spot creatures.” The Purine Gyrraptor smiled, nodding his head in a friendly gesture. “Good, we'd be happy to have you along.” Kai merely snorted and started her walk forward, leading the group as she had done before. Somatsu didn't mind and allowed her to go ahead. She seemed quite intent on finding an Akail, and with her intense searching, it was bound to pay off. “Well, we'd better keep up with her. She's a quick mover.” Following after the fae, Somatsu kept his eyes on and around her as he had done so before, making sure she wasn't walking into any danger. He, however, a few yards of distance behind the fae, allowing for her to work unbothered. It seemed that was how Kai liked it. Somatsu, however, was too friendly to just remain quiet, and glanced over to Draco, asking in a quiet voice, “So, Draco, how long have you been down here on your own? I applaud you in doing such a task.” Somatsu was one to open comment on tasks that weren't normally done by most.

Kai
{| 2 -::- 7 |}
I am the
shadow on the wall

(( Tis all good ^^; Forgive my late/fail post... o.o Been busy with the RE2 Event thing @.@ ))
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 05/12/2011 10:56 PM

Draco smiled and nodded, mentally chuckling at Kai's little snort. He followed the two none the less, and watching all around for Akails. When Kai sped up and Somatsu made the comment that they should sped up, Draco chuckled and nodded. "She is rather fast isn't she? Hopefully she won't go running into any trouble." He sped up a bit, but kept Somatsu in front of him, keeping an eye on the two. When the Purine asked him something, Draco smiled. "Well, I've been down here for... Three, maybe four days. It's hard to tell when one day ends and the next begins down here. It's not that amazing of a task, many come down here on their own."

(It's alright. I haven't been able to get on much due to school and such.)
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/18/2011 9:52 PM

Somatsu
{| 2 -::- 8 |}

Somatsu couldn't help but chuckle lightly at Draco's remark. “I hope not.” It seemed that Kai knew just how to get into trouble. The brute had no proof of this, yet, but it simply seemed that she had that personality. Kai seemed to be more of a loner-type, but even so, she tolerated these two.
At the mention of the larger brutes' time here, Somatsu's eyes widened a bit. Three or four days in these dark, cramped, damp and twisting tunnels. Quite the task, if he were to be asked. Somatsu couldn't help but wonder how many actually came down here and then never found their way out. His keen sense of smell would do well to lead them back. Or at the very least, Kai could likely lead the way out as well. “Ah... Hm, well I wonder how many are successful with an akail hunt...” The brute said openly, yet still remembering to keep his voice low, so as not to startle any nearby akails. “I know very little of them, but searching for one seemed like a good idea.” The brute chuckled lightly, knowing that he was the kind to go where ever the wind blew him, and it found him here today.
Hey! Come check this out!” Kai's voice came from somewhere up ahead, and Somatsu glanced to Draco before dashing forward into the darkness to see what was up. He slowed as he neared the red form of Kai, bright eyes gleaming in the darkness. His night vision enabled him to see what lie ahead. Somatsu couldn't help but stare in awe.
Kai stood ahead of them, looking at four different tunnels, not including the one they had just exited. There was a large opening here, the walls illuminated by odd, glowing blue crystals. The dark mouths of the four caves were the only other ways to go. “Whatever way we choose, we'll have to remember our way back.” Somatsu nodded in agreement, stepping up beside Kai to look at each of the four tunnels. “Now the question remains, which one should we go in?

Kai
{| 2 -::- 8 |}
I am the
shadow on the wall

((augh, easter event and real life things kill my muse ><; Sorries Dx As for the tunnels, if you wish to choose, any tunnel will work xD))
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 05/21/2011 9:57 AM

Draco chuckled with Somatsu, then shrugged when the Purine asked how many get Akails. "I know that Akails aren't really common, but I've seen a few outside, already found." He looked up when Kai called out, following right behind Somatsu. He looked around, seeing the tunnels and frowning. Well this made things difficult. He tried to see into the tunnels, but they ran on too long to see anything of use. He sighed, and gave a shrug. "They all appear to be similar. I don't mind which we go down, I haven't been down this way yet." He looked at Kai, smirking and figuring she'd choose a way since she was the 'leader'.

((It's alright, I understand. Summer's almost here, so that means finals are soon. [sarcasm]Joy....[/sarcasm] XD))
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate