Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

:.:What am I getting in to now?:.: [P - Akail Hunt]

Postby Kyrit » 05/24/2009 8:02 PM

ImageImage
{Using her human form.}

She was.... lost again. Honestly, why did she never stop to think about buying a map? This place was so strange to her that it would have been only common knowledge that she might quite possibly need a map. This place was rather dark too.... She had been traveling down this same tunnel for over an hour now and it still didn't seem like it was going to end. What if this tunnel led to the center of the planet?! No, no.... That would have been ridiculous. No tunnel could reach that far. Surely at most it could only go a few miles down... Any more and wouldn't oxygen be unable to reach it? That'd mean she'd start getting light headed and would have to go back upward.

Finally Faye came to a stop, leaning against one side of the tunnel to take a break. Her feet and legs were killing her, and she needed something to drink. She had a bottle of water... but that was starting to run out. She needed to be careful with it. Running out of water down here would be quite a horrible end. There was no one here to look to for help either it seemed like.

"I should have asked for directions.... This certainly wasn't the way the way to Idalani..." She let out a small sigh and leaned her head back against the wall. Just a few more minutes... She'd get up then. Maybe...
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1590
Donate

Re: :.:What am I getting in to now?:.: [P]

Postby Cookie » 05/24/2009 8:13 PM

ImageImage
[Human form, yo]

Cordelia wasn't far down into the Cavern when she heard the others voice, she curiously gathered her books, putting them into her messenger bag and walking down the other way into the cave, following the voice she had heard. She spotted the other and gave a small genuine smile "Hello.. are you lost?" she asked, looking over the other curiously. "Oh, I forgot my manners.." she giggled a little, shrugging "My name is Cordelia, and you are?" she asked, playing with the necklace around her neck. She held a small journal in her hand where she had been writing poems in it, it was black with white lining, and the cover was strapped shut.
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby Kyrit » 05/24/2009 8:48 PM

Oh...? So... there were other people down here? Maybe she had gotten lost for a reason then. Looking up at the other, Faye gave a small smile. Maybe this other person knew if there was any place to get lunch at... Thoughts of food and something to drink aside, the girl stood up and brushed herself off before holding out a hand.

"Faye. Faye Labri. It's nice to meet you, Cordelia." Hmm... Maybe... Maybe this woman knew where they were? She seemed to be pretty well off. Didn't seem lost in the least. Maybe she had come here specifically for some reason? "Oh well... I was trying to find my way to Idalani Falls and kinda... ended up here." She let out a nervous chuckle, rubbing the back of her head. "Any clue what this place is? I've been walking for over an hour and I still haven't managed to come upon any sort of civilization. Does this tunnel ever actually lead anywhere?"
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: :.:What am I getting in to now?:.: [P]

Postby Cookie » 05/24/2009 8:55 PM

Cordelia laughed "Well, your not too far from the falls once you get out of here.. this is Craiss Caverns." she said, taking Faye's hand and shaking it "Nice to meet you, you have a lovely name." she commented, giving a curtsy. She smiled and pointed further down the tunnel "It leads outside if you take a right up there, and then a left, and then another right again. There is a small town up here, not really like one of those up in the city, but it has restaurants and such." she said, smiling back at Faye "If you want, I can show you the way out? I'm not busy with anything and I love company." she said, brushing some of her hair behind her ears.
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby Kyrit » 05/24/2009 10:21 PM

Oh. Wow. For once she wasn't too far off from where she had meant to be? Maybe she was actually getting the hang of this traveling thing. Craiss Caverns...? Oh! She had been told about this place. Something about it having been the home of the Hunters long ago? Not that she really knew anything much about the Hunters. The guy that gave her directions to Idalani had tipped her off about Craiss as well, telling her that it was quite the tourist attraction these days. Were people starting to actually put restaurants down there it was so well known? Well... People would do anything for money, so she wouldn't put it past them.

"Oh... Well... I wouldn't mind exploring Craiss a bit. I don't have a purpose for going to Idalani, as I'm just traveling around." Although.... there was something that was eating at her. Craiss Caverns.... He had said there was a danger in going there as well. Something about... Akails? If that was what they were called. She couldn't remember very well. He had said that there was some type of beast down there that would prey on anything that came across them. Oh well. No use in continuing to think on those thoughts. A crystal city seemed like it'd be amazing to see.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: :.:What am I getting in to now?:.: [P - Akail Hunt]

Postby Cookie » 05/24/2009 11:11 PM

Cordelia nodded "Okay, then lets go.." she said, starting to lead the way out. But as they neared the last turn, she could hear a low growling. She put her hand out so Faye didn't walk past her, just in case she didn't hear the growling. Whatever it was, it was getting closer, and fast. "Faye. Run." she said, grabbing the others hand and running back down the tunnels, whatever it was following them until they were further into the Caverns then before. She stopped and let go of Faye's hand, looking around to see if the creature was near. "I... I think we need to go out the other way..." she said, looking back to Faye. She was still trying to catch her breath, looking around and spotting three tunnels. "Which... which one did we come out of?"
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby Kyrit » 05/25/2009 12:29 AM

Following Cordelia, Faye's amethyst eyes were scanning the walls, as if looking for some clue about the Hunters she was told about. Her thoughts were quickly jerked from that though as her hand was grabbed and she was pulled along at a much faster pace. She didn't quite understand why this was happening though, as she hadn't heard the growl. She had been too distracted by looking around. Then again, even if she had heard the growl, knowing Faye she wouldn't have really bothered to run. No, idiotic as she was, she'd likely have just gone toward it instead of away.

When they finally stopped running, which had seemed very, very odd to Faye, she stood there, just blinking for a moment. What was going on...? Why had they been running, and why were they stopping so suddenly now? Oh.... Looked like they were lost again. Seemed like she was back to square one. "Well erm... I wasn't... really paying attention. Sorry."
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Cookie » 05/25/2009 12:59 AM

Cordelia sighed, scratching her head "Well.. whatever that was.. its back the way we came... and I think we came out of that one" she said, turning and pointing to the one behind them. "Or safest bet would be one of the other two..." here, she sighed, shaking her head. "Okay, lets try that one and then if it leads to a dead end, we can always come back.." she said, pointing to the one closest to them, starting to walk down it, making sure to keep an ear out for whatever had tried to chase them the first time.
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 05/25/2009 1:49 AM

Your luck was awful, a dead end. Probably ready to back track and get lost, right?

"Hey there girlies~" crooned a voice in the dark, heavily accented, like English was rather new to whoever spoke.
A cackling, hyena-like laugh and the sound of pebbles and small rocks making their way roughly down the rock sides of the cavern.

"Are you lost, girliesssss~?" Another voice, just as heavily accented, if not worse, the "S" drawn out.
"We could help," The voices sang together, one high, one higher; maybe feminine? it was hard to say, the voices not quite... human.
"For a price!"

The laughter again. Ho boy.

(( Hey ))
Season in Effect: None
Activity: Active, awaiting hunts.
Most Recent Dossier: Lost Guardians
Discovered Pet Count: 40.9%

Please don't PM me without a good reason, otherwise I'll just ignore you!
.:Random Event 2:.
Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Keystones: 883
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 05/25/2009 1:50 AM

"Whatever what was...?" Oh dear... She was now letting Cordelia know just how dense she was about this sort of thing. It wasn't often someone could go right by without realizing that something was very willing to tear her to shreds and not notice it at all. Never the less, here stood this one. Didn't hear the growling at all and thus didn't know at all that she could have been attacked. It could have been an Akail for all they knew. Running in to an Akail would be bad news.

"Alright. Well, you probably know this place a lot better than I do.... So I'm all up to following your sense of judgment." Faye was once again following after Cordelia. She didn't mind at all if they came upon a dead end, as she likely would have run in to one if she hadn't been found to begin with. This seemed the best way to go about things for the time being.

Which.... was apparently what happened. They had been walking a mere few minutes before they ran right in to a dead end. Well, luck never did seem to get along with her. Or... maybe it was. In a way. Maybe she got to be 'lucky' enough, or unlucky as some would say, to meet an Akail.

Wait... Was she.... Hearing things? Her eyes slowly looked around, hoping to find someone so that she knew she hadn't been just hearing things. "Oh? You'd help us out? How nice. We are kinda lost. This place is so huge." Wow... Just what was expected of Faye. Already agreeing to let them help her when she didn't even know what the price was.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Cookie » 05/25/2009 2:07 AM

"I heard something growling.." she said, talking about what they had been running from before. "And then whatever it was chased us.. though I'm not sure what it was exactly..." she said, shrugging. "Well, I think maybe this is the way out---" at this she paused as they reached a dead end "--Or not..."

Cordelia shot Faye a almost scolding look "You trust someone you cant even see?" she asked, shaking her head. "What's the price..?" she asked out into the darkness, turning to see if whatever it was had been behind her. She really didn't like the looks of this, if they weren't friendly, it might as well be one against two. Her, against whatever was out there. Because Faye seemed like no help at all in this department.
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 05/25/2009 2:40 AM

Well lovelies," The first laughed, a softer hyena laugh.
"Babessssss,"
"Chickies,"
The two laughed, the sound of rocks and pebbles shifting under foot as... one approached.

"We wantssss out, yessss?" the glacial ichysaur laughed, low to the ground, it's belly dragging along on the ground. They'd always looked cute with those big eyes, okay, maybe creepy. Did anybody even own one?
This one leaned towards the creepy, even creeper.
You thought dark alleys in a big city were scary? Well these guys seemed a lot like the guys who hung out in those alleys. Unfortunately for you these two girls there isn't a street to run out and scream for help. No, all these girls had were dark caves arranged like a maze; a maze these two probably knew like the back of their own ... claws.

Something dropped down behind the two, something tickled Fayes ear.
"We help you, and you help... uss. Thiss is our price. Ssounds fair~?"

Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 05/25/2009 2:56 AM

What...? She wasn't allowed to trust someone just because she couldn't see them? That seemed rather silly in Faye's opinion. She knew that many people liked helping. One shouldn't judge by voices, just like one shouldn't be judge by looks. Thus said, she didn't move back when the Icthysaur approached them. Sure... he wasn't exactly the best looking guy in the world, but he had offered to help them. He seemed rather happy too, judging by all the laughing. Oh boy. This girl really needed to think of the dark side of people. What didn't come to her mind was the dark side of others. She didn't stop to think that laughter wasn't always a good thing, and sometimes when others 'helped' it went all wrong. She could have easily gotten their help only to end up being a meal in the end.

"You want you? Have you never been out of these caverns? Well I don't see anything wrong with you guys coming with us. I mean it's not like we have anything to do anyways. Why haven't you been o-o-ee" It was clear that she had meant to ask why they hadn't been out of the caverns before, but her voice had scaled up to more of a squeak as she felt something flick across her ear. Moments later her body had found the ground, her hands barely reaching out in time to keep her face from slamming against the cold stone that they were walking on.

What had that been? Weren't they at a dead end? How did something manage to get behind her? Sitting up, Faye looked behind her with a hand brushing up to rub her ear.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Cookie » 05/25/2009 3:23 AM

Cordelia shook her head, sighing. "And what is this price you speak of?" she said, hoping that Faye didn't manage to get herself into any trouble. She turned quickly behind her as Faye seemed to trip.. on mid air? Oh dear, an Akail.... she tried to ignore the creature and held her hand out to help Faye get up, not wanting the other to remain vulnerable on the ground, oh, who was she kidding? Maybe it would just be better if Faye just sat there. But, Cordelia knew that she would never forgive herself if anything happened to Faye.
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 05/25/2009 12:42 PM

The akail was pressed up awkwardly against the cave wall, a stealthy little bugger who owned the higher voice. When Faye fell, so did the akail, draping himself over her, tickling her ear as he spoke. Talk about having no respect for personal space, yeesh.
"Wes know our wayss down here. You know your wayss up there," he purred out, and though he spoke softly it was not beyond the other girl to hear.

"Wesssss getssss youse outssss... Youse helpssss ussss find treasuresss, yessss? Ssssimple." The glacial pet had a heavier accent then his friend, the akail had learned English from humans walking by and his "Ickie" (as they are known) friend had learned it from him, thus the atrocious accents.
"We iss not wanting to live down here no moress, savvy?" the akail murmured, rubbing his scaly face against Faye's cheek. He was just trying to get her to crack. Too trusting, it was amazing she'd survived in these caves this long. He felt the need to play on her emotions and, from the look he was getting from the other girl she wanted to keep this one safe. Awrh, so cute, bests friends lost in the Craiss Cavern.

"Haha, humanss are so ssssoft, so... weak, hee hee hee,"

Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Donate

Next