Posting games, word games, and other such mindless threads go here.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Posting Games

Verse Story Game Time! =D

Postby Warnz » 08/23/2009 12:03 AM

Alright, so the idea of the game is this: I start off a story with one verse consisting of two sentences. The next poster continues the story in another two sentences, and so forth. This will go on for fifteen posts (Remember to number your posts so that we know where we are!) and the fifteenth poster will make a one to five sentence ending for the story. The poster after that starts a new chain story as poster 1.

RULES:
In addition to the above paragraph, here are the rules ~

1. You must stay on the same (general) line of thought as the poster above. This doesn't mean that you cannot make the story do something different, but you must respect the ideas of the poster above you - we need to make it so that everyone's post counts towards the story. (You can't do anything that nullifies the post above you)
EXAMPLE (of what not to do):
Code: Select all
Poster 1: "Suddenly, the wind howled. Johnny got struck by lightning and died."
Poster 2: "Suddenly Johnny jumped back up. "I'm alright," he cried. "HAX!!" Dr. Hax cried, chucking a computer at Johnny."

2. If you want to, you can end a sentence mid-way using ellipses ("..."). The next storyteller will then continue the sentence where you left off. This counts towards the first poster's sentence count, and not the second's.
EXAMPLE (of how this should look):
Code: Select all
Poster 1: "A big storm had brewed. The giant thunderhead rumbled and formed into the shape of..."
Poster 2: "... a giant moose! Jimothy ran for the woods. Little did he know that a ravenous raccoon had been following him."

3. You should always quote the post before yours, to avoid confusion.

If I add any more rules, they will be posted like this in blue, right here. So when in doubt, check here.  :oops:

READY? SET? GO!
*~* Is NOT a reindeer... *~*
Warnz
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 281
Donate

Re: Verse Story Game Time! =D

Postby Warnz » 08/23/2009 12:04 AM

[POSTER ONE - I ]
"All alone on a dark, ashen hill a lonely house waits. Nobody had gone into the decrepit manor ever since the accident, the accident that had..."
Warnz
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 08/23/2009 1:50 AM

Warnz wrote:

[POSTER ONE - I ]
"All alone on a dark, ashen hill a lonely house waits. Nobody had gone into the decrepit manor ever since the accident, the accident that had..."

"... ended the life of a well known Boy. He wasn't know well enough to really have a name; he was just Boy. The accident had happened long ago, past the lives of those who had lived through it but still the story of Boy and the accident kept folks away from the house until..."
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1098
Donate

Postby Warnz » 08/23/2009 5:19 PM

Moofius wrote:"... ended the life of a well known Boy. He wasn't know well enough to really have a name; he was just Boy. The accident had happened long ago, past the lives of those who had lived through it but still the story of Boy and the accident kept folks away from the house until..."

[Poster 3]

"... one lonely night a wayward Matches, separated from her flock, sought shelter in the rafters of the building. She knew not of the legend nor of the accident, but she knew that something about the house was odd, something was just off. In every shadow was a hidden enemy, and every creaking of the house revealed a hidden ambush."

:o
Warnz
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 08/23/2009 5:38 PM

"... one lonely night a wayward Matches, separated from her flock, sought shelter in the rafters of the building. She knew not of the legend nor of the accident, but she knew that something about the house was odd, something was just off. In every shadow was a hidden enemy, and every creaking of the house revealed a hidden ambush."

Post 4:

"Once it started to rain the matches had no choice but to stay the night in the old house. But as she was trying to fall asleep noises kept waking her up, so she left her comfy spot and went to explore the old house and maybe discover what was making the odd noises. Behind the first door she opened she found..."

One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century.
Jack the Ripper

Zoo Pen/~/Wishlist/~/Breeders Listing/~/Clickables
clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 305
Donate

Postby Moofius » 08/23/2009 6:50 PM

clackno1 wrote:Post 4:

"Once it started to rain the matches had no choice but to stay the night in the old house. But as she was trying to fall asleep noises kept waking her up, so she left her comfy spot and went to explore the old house and maybe discover what was making the odd noises. Behind the first door she opened she found..."

...a large shadowy mass falling on top of her! The matches cried out in surprise, trying to beat off her attacker which... appeared to be a wad of old sheets and the head of an old broken broom. The matches laughed, feeling silly and paranoid. She was about to go back to sleep when she heard..."
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1098
Donate

Postby potterchic » 09/06/2009 3:17 PM

[quote="Moofius]...a large shadowy mass falling on top of her! The matches cried out in surprise, trying to beat off her attacker which... appeared to be a wad of old sheets and the head of an old broken broom. The matches laughed, feeling silly and paranoid. She was about to go back to sleep when she heard..."[/quote]

Post 5:
... a Jingling, which reminded her of Santa Baal's Sleigh. Would Moofius and Santa Baal be making an early run? She ran towards the kitchen, to find...
Oh, what a guy, that Gaston!

Avatar from here. Signature picture from here.
potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 150
Donate

Postby Miasma » 11/06/2009 8:56 PM

A strange looking parcel, she reached forward to pick it up but...

Feeling cool before ice,
heat before fire,
trapped in the prison of thought.
Pain before claws strike,
fear before foes,
I must escape to my battle,
So I may serve you,
until I have breathed my last breath.

Clicky Please?
Miasma
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 100
Donate

Postby AnimeTheia » 11/21/2009 4:11 PM

Miasma wrote:A strange looking parcel, she reached forward to pick it up but...

Post 8: ...it slid away from her across the table, frightened but determined to know what was going on the Matches follewed it and started to reach out for it again...
ImageImage

Come down from the mountain, you have been gone too long

The world is alive now, in and outside our home

You run through the forest, settle before the sun

Darling, I can barely remember you beside me

You should come back home, back on your own now

Song: Fleet Foxes - Ragged Wood
AnimeTheia
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 684
Donate

Postby Mirkitsune » 11/27/2009 6:32 AM

AnimeTheia wrote:
Miasma wrote:A strange looking parcel, she reached forward to pick it up but...

Post 8: ...it slid away from her across the table, frightened but determined to know what was going on the Matches follewed it and started to reach out for it again...

"Though this time, it moved very rapidly towards her! Perhaps the present thought that the Matches was indeed its present, instead of vice versa? Quickly, she leaped back out of the room and threw open a door, hoping to find some exit to this madhouse that she'd wandered into! But when she opened the door, what awaited her was not an exit, but instead..."
Mirkitsune
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 852
Donate

Postby Sappheara » 10/30/2010 5:15 PM

Mirkitsune wrote:
"Though this time, it moved very rapidly towards her! Perhaps the present thought that the Matches was indeed its present, instead of vice versa? Quickly, she leaped back out of the room and threw open a door, hoping to find some exit to this madhouse that she'd wandered into! But when she opened the door, what awaited her was not an exit, but instead..."

Post 10: A mad demonic world of demons. It made her scream as she seen the Torment of the others who had fall in the demonic world and than...
Sappheara
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2169
Donate