A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

Re: It all belongs to me! {private: Me & Moofie}

Postby Moofius » 07/23/2009 12:58 PM

The silence felt endless as Moofius thought and thought hard. It was tough; THIS was tough. What she suppose to do with him? He was big, imposing but... Useless. You might as well remove his fangs, so domesticated and pampered he was.

And she'd been so terrified of him at the beginning... The very beginning, anyway. But even just that short period of time... It was embarrassing. Poor guy, he seemed to just be realising just how not-useful he was.
"Well... I can't teach you how to fight... But you're big enough to take care of yourself against a few moonling I'd bet." she smiled and laughed, "I'd teach you if I could but you can't use a sword, you have no arms. I can't teach you fancy foot work, you have no feet. So in that I can't teach you much. You'd need to learn from a more experienced carpet fang. I don't even own any carpetfangs, I've never seen one fight."

She'd seen a bigger snake fight, though. She knew a few things, maybe more then she should but she wasn't going to try and explain how she knew all this, she wouldn't explain about her family.
"As for that other stuff I'm no good at reading maps or anything like that, either. I'm okay for marked paths and stuff but I wouldn't be able to figure out my location without... somebody who knew what they were talking about."
She smiled, "I have a friend back at the pen, Grid, she's AMAZING with maps. Maybe you can meet her and she can try to teach you? But I mean you've already learned to make a pretty sturdy shelter for a person, right? That's good. And you can swim which is REALLY handy. That's a good start for your first time out and about. Of course if I ever meet this master-guy of yours I will verbally abuse him for being useless, hahaha-Oh!"

Moofius stopped in her 'Awrh poor Slithian don't feel bad' speech (she was glad for the distraction I mean, really, she was no good at this) Led shifting around to get a good grip on the river rocks.
"And... I think we're right across from it. Slithian, would you mind taking to the trees and see if you can see the library? If I am correct in my guess we should be right next to it. Just cut through the Tengel and we should be there, hopefully. We might have over shot it a bit. If so, whoops."
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1118
Donate

Postby Moofius » 08/11/2009 3:47 AM

(( Years? Seeing as it's too late to ask I'll ask tomorrow. =3; Then my post may need editing. XD: ))

Moofius withheld a sad sigh. Obviously her pep talk hadn't worked out as well as she would have liked. Ah well there was only so much she could do. Moofius was far from social and it seemed even Led realized this, looking up at her master with a "wow you suck" kinda' look.
"Shut up Led."

Led clicked up almost mocklingly before trudging out of the Tengel waters. Here the land just suddenly dropped into the water so Led had to climb up a bit, Moofius clinging to her for dear life. Ha, instant karma for making fun of her, Led. The reptile looked pretty unhappy (and slightly strangled from Moofius grip) by the time she was out of the river. By that time Slithian had returned from his scouting.
The carpetfang seemed still rather upbeat and proud which meant no moonling attacks. They really were more nocturnal.

"Alright. We'll head diagnoally through the forest until we're more in line with the library and then go straight towards it from there. Good job, Slithian."
The girl tossed that in just so the snake creature knew he was, in fact, doing a good job. You was kinda' cute when his mind wasn't completely focused on obtaining her pocket change through methods fair or foul.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 08/14/2009 4:40 AM

She turned her attention towards him, already her gait (or rather Led's) had slowed to something a little more cautious. She knew full well what she was getting into but knew that if when she was new to the Tengel it scared her a lot.
"Well there's still light out, which plays in our favour. Either we go through the Tengel in the lights that's left or we go through the Tengel in the dark." her tone was matter-of-fact but not quite mean or exasperated.

Led clicked and whistled softly towards Slithian which could only be translated as, "chicken!" which earned the gallizar a quick kick to the shin.
"Hiss!"
"Behave! We're on our toes, Led! We still have shadows to contend with." Moofius reminded the over glorified mount who huffed but grudgingly obeyed.

The dark leafy ferns, trees, and other mess of plants about them shivered and moved as unseen creatures moved about. Besides the sound of leaves moving and the less then pleasant sound of chittering laughter and hissing the Tengel was silent. Where were the pollies chirping high above? The sound of gyrraptor chirping and calling to each other? Where were the natural background noises? Even the mighty Tengel rivers thunder was dimmed to nothing but a whisper, barely heard above those strange, almost alien voices.

"I'd say we're pretty close,"
The silence was broken quite suddenly, making Led jump and bit and look about the group nervously (had Slithian seen that? Please no.). It was clear that Moofius wasn't quite as comfortable now as when they'd been by the river. Her ears were constantly moving, swivelling to catch a lose, perhaps dangerous, noise. Her sword wasn't out... but her hand was wrapped tightly about the hilt and she also had a... What was that? It looked light a... lighter? Bic, to be exact.

(( PRODUCT PLACEMENT! Who else makes lighters anyway?))

The lighter was at the ready to be lit and seemed full (which could actually be said because it was a white bic. Either Moofius was lucky or she knew how to pick her bic).
"On yer toes... Er, well you know what I mean, Slithian." Moofius laughed but it was a bit tight as she lead the group forward.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 10/04/2009 5:01 AM

Moofius frowned. Yah yah, worry about me. Well, Led too and anyway the silence (or the silence accompanied by the laughter and angry hisses of moonling) was unsettling.

Eons seemed to pass before Moofius saw, through the foliage, a dark, hulking shape. It wasn't trees, no it was something big and solid, jutting from the ground. Considering the Tengel was, for the most part, flat this thing stood out rather dramatically.
"That's it..." Moofius breathed as she jutted her chin towards the solid darkness.
"That's where they live, too, right? So don't bolt for it. ... They'll make a stand very soon." Moofius whispered. Two things happened just as she said this. In the first moment after her tight words the sun finally disapeared, casting the night in darkness. The second thing that happened was a a cloud of darkness decended on the group that easily rivaled the darkness of the Tengel after the sun set.
I word that was much less acceptable then "poop" left Moofius and she flicked on the lighter. The flickering light was terribly pathetic compared to the suffocating darkness around them.

Led hissed and crouched down to let Moofius off as she blindly attacked the darkness.
"It's a bad time to ask but, do you have any sort of fire element, Slithian?" Moofius asked, already trying to cut down creatures she couldn't see.

(( And seven pages in we find our first battle! WHOO-HOO! 8D XD;; ))

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext