A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

Finding a Loved One {P: Ningai, Noverra and Me}

Postby jobiehanna » 05/20/2010 10:23 PM

In the depths of the Tengel Rainforest rests a young girl. A young kuhna girl to be exact. She is in a humid, sticky, no windowed room where she has been living for the past six months, not voluntarily either. Her captor, whos name she still doesn't know, has been keeping her locked up. Her food and water rations are scarce, and she often dreams of better times, when she was still with her step brother, who had been with her and taking care of her since she was younger. Now, as she lays on the mat of hay that has been provided for her, she flashes back to one of those times.
The sun was shining and there was a slight breeze as she tore through the trees. Her legs stetched out before her and she glances back to see Christopher running behind her. She smiles and tries to run faster to get away. She wasn't scared of him, just playing. They were as close as step-brother and step-sister could be. She turns around once more to look at him and doesn't notice the fallen log before her. She tumbles over it and Christopher runs to her aid. She smies up at him and he offers a paw to help her get up. She has but a skinned up knee. They go back to the place they are staying at to patch up her knee.

Yamika flashes back to the present, silently saying a prayer to the gods to bring her step-brother to her. She believes that he will come to save her, but a tear streams down her cheek never-the-less. "Please," she whispers pleadingly.

{1.1}
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Damon found himself wondering through the Tengel Rainforest. It was one of those places that he could go without feeling out of place. The wildness of the forest around him made him feel good, because the forest was just as untame as the beast within him.
The eclipse kuhna had come here to be by himself, something he enjoyed. He listened to the forest sounds around him. They were night-time noises, as dusk was approaching. His paws left little imprint on the leaves and dirt beneath his feet. His amber eyes glowed in the dim light. He was tuned in to the noises and sights around him. His eye-sight was exceptionally good in the dark, and he looked for hidden danger. He didn't find any, so he continued on his dusk-time stroll. Part of him wanted to find some kind of danger, but another part told him that he was the danger. He was in the mood for excitement now, not tranquil strolling. He heard the snap of a twip and stopped in his tracks. He crouched low to the ground and looked around him, amber eyes glinting in th efading light. A low snarl escaped his throat, egging the hidden danger to come out and fight.

{1.1}
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Finding a Loved One {P: Ningai, Noveraa and Me}

Postby Slynne » 05/21/2010 6:40 PM

((Edit: Removed pets I no longer have in possession))

It's been six months since my step sister went missing. The whole family is extremly worried about her. Espeically me, the authorities say their doing their best trying to find her. Their obviously not, I'm sick of just sitting here. I'm going to go out and find her, I don't care what anybody else says. I have to do something, I should have in the first place. Before I go though , I'm going to Quincies house. One of our friends, I bet she would automaticly help me. After all, Its nice to have company. I then started walking out of the den, and into town. When I finally got to Quincies house, she gladly let me in. She must have stayed home, while the rest of her family went out, because none of her other family memebers we're in sight, neither did I smell them.

"So, Whats up Chris?"
"I'm going out to go find my sister. I can't take it anymore, Its been six months. I wanted to ask , if you would like to come with me."
"You know what, Yes. She was a good friend of mine, aswell as a good sister to you."
"When should we go? Are you going to tell your parents first?"

I always knew Christopher and Yamika, we're very close. For Christopher , finding his sister ment alot to him and his family. I just couldn't say no to helping him, besides she was a good friend of mine too.

"Let's go straight in the morning, if we want to find her, we should be in good shape. Yes, I do plan on telling my parent's, they should be fine with the idea, since they do trust you."
"As much as I want to leave earlier, that is a great idea. I'll talk to my parents to, infact I'm going to go and talk to them right now.Bye, Quincie"
"Okay, Bye."

I was in the forest, trying to find more clues about Yamika's disappearance. When I was walking around in the forest though, I saw another kuhna. I wondered what he was doing here. I stood there staring at the kuhna for awhile, but when I moved, they must have heard me because whoever it was growled. So I then decided to walk out of the tree's , to be in sight for them.

"Umm..Hi? I'm uh, Hyan." I said , semi smiling.

{C1.Q1.H1}
Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 98
Donate

Re: Finding a Loved One {P: Ningai, Noverra and Me}

Postby jobiehanna » 05/21/2010 7:29 PM

Damon nearly jumped out of his skin when he heard the voice, but he caught himself. He hadn't expected the intruder to greet him, he had expected a brawl. Hopfully a painful one, for the intruder, of course, not himself. However, this intruder, Hyan, they called themselves, didn't seem the brawling type. The eclipse kuhna snarled and then straightened his posture, being sure to keep himself ready incase this Hyan decided to attack him. He smiled now, though his amber eyes still contained the ferosity that had been in his entire body. His eyes raked Hyan, he was deciding whether he wanted to speak with the stranger or attack him. His posture relaxed a bit more before he finally spoke to the candy apple kuhna. "Err, hi," he said, his voice like gravel. He didn't speak much, many thought him mute. He cleared his throat. "Have you been following me?" he asked, eyes narrowing.
{1.2}
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Slynne » 05/21/2010 7:55 PM

"Wouldn't that be rather odd, for me to be following someone I do not know? Kind of laughing in my head."To answer your question though. No , I have not been following you. Infact , I'm looking for clue's for my friend. His step sister disappeared six months ago, and all of her friends and the brother himself. Are completely sick of waiting, for the authorities, to actully find her. So, I'm on stricked business, to find clues."I answered the creature, with such pain. I wished she hadn't disappeared, and we all knew, she wasn't the type to take off like that.

{H2}
Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 05/22/2010 1:40 PM

"Oh," the eclipse kuhna said. He hadn't expected this stranger to tell him about his task. Damon's eyes relaxed at the emotion in the candy apple's voice. Emotion always settled Damon down, unless it was anger. Anger in another's voice made him want to attack them. He sat down on the forest floor. "Have you found anything?" he asked the other.  
{1.3}
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Slynne » 05/22/2010 2:32 PM

The kuhna had asked another question, so I answered it very politely this time." Actully, sadly I haven't, but that doesn't mean I won't keep on trying. We need to find her." I was being kind of a jerk , when he asked me the first question. I hoped maybe now, I sounded more polite, like I usually was. However , the other kuhna seemed to be okay, and didn't take my ingnorance to heart. Which kind have eased me alot.

{H3}
Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 05/22/2010 7:54 PM

Damon didn't have much to say. He wasn't the kind of person who put their neck on the line for a complete stranger. Maybe if he knew this kuhna's friend or his friends step-sister, he would be more affected. He swished his tails back and forth. "What is her name?" the eclipse kuhna asked. Maybe he knew of her, maybe from watching the news of television or reading the newspaper, though he didn't do that very often.    
{1.4}
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Finding a Loved One {P: Ningai, Noveraa and Me}

Postby Slynne » 05/22/2010 8:14 PM

"Her names, Yamika."I answered the kuhna with complete sadness."She's a kuhna , like us." I added, to give him a bit more of a discription.

{H4}
Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ningai » 05/24/2010 12:34 PM

Deeper into the forest was another creature eager to help. Tatoo loved solving mysteries and whenever she was in the forrest, she would try to follow pawprints and find who they belonged to. She was shy though and didn't reviel herself to whomever she was following. Today was a bit differant though. This time she saw kuhna paw prints. At first there was only one set of tracks but as she followed them more she noticed another set. Close ahead she heard some voices,
..."We need to find her"  "What is her name?"  "Her names, Yamika. She's a kuhna , like us."
Tatoo got excited by the mystery of the lost Kuhna, and forgetting that she was hiding she came out from behnd the tree and said, "Can I help find her?" Suddenly after speaking and getting the attention of the two kuhnas she got nervious and crouched a little as she inched slowly backwards.
Image Temple Draculi
Ningai
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby jobiehanna » 05/24/2010 3:54 PM

"I see," the eclipse kuhna said. The name sounded familiar, but didn't quite ring the 'I know that girl!' bell. Before he had a chance to say anthing else another voice broke in. This voice was definately unfamiliar. He turned to the voice and saw that it was a temple draculi. He didn't know her, but she seemed eager to help Hyan out. "Don't ask me," he answered the draculi before the candy apple kuhna did. "I'm not a part of this," he added. The last words he said stung him a bit. He wasn't sure if he was content on letting the missing girl alone to be found by Hyan. He didn't seem like the tracker type.    
{2.5}
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Slynne » 05/24/2010 9:04 PM

I looked at Damon then back at the other creature. I was surprized she wanted to help me find my friend. So, I gave her a smile."Well, Sure." I said, happily. "Whats you name? If I may ask."

*Back in town, with Christopher and Quincie.*

"QUINCIE! QUINCIE!"

I yelled out, while running to her door. I couldn't wait to tell her the good news. My parents we're fine with the idea, of us going out to find Yamika. I couldn't wait to tell, Quincie we could leave tonight.

"Christopher? Whats wrong?!
"Oh, Nothings wrong, Its about whats right!"
"Oh?"
"Yeah, Guess what?"
"What?"
"We can leave right now!"
"What? Chris, I thought we agreed tomorrow morning we would leave."
" I know, We did. But , why do that when its like morning right now anyways?"
"Hmm, Thats true. Well let me just go tell my parents that we're leaving right now. They've agreed, that I can go, so I don't see why leaving early is going to matter."

Quincie came running down her hall excited. So obvously , her parents said okay. I was happy for that too.

"Come on lets go! I was thinking maybe we should go through the forest."
"Okay, Lets do that then."

*Ten minutes later*

When Christopher suggested we go through the forest. I automaticly agreed and I'm glad I did. We we're already like at our hangout spot. But just then, Chris stopped, I don't know why he, so I asked.

"Whats wrong?"
"Oh, I just smell some unfamilar scents."

Just then I decided to look down at the ground.

"Chris, theres foot prints."

I looked down, Quincie was right, there was foot prints.

"Wait , do you hear that?"
"Yeah."

I then started running towards where the scent was coming from. Ended up in the front of all these creatures. Although I new Hyan...

{C2.Q2.H5}
Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ningai » 05/25/2010 7:33 PM

I was glad that I could join in the search for the missing girl, but the eclipse Kuhna was giving off a weird vibe towards me. I quickly answered the other Kuhna's question, "Uh my name is Tatoo. What are your names?" Right before anyone else could answer two other creatures ran in front of us. Of course I didn't know any of them so I spun around and watched them cautiously.
Ningai
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby jobiehanna » 05/25/2010 7:48 PM

Damon was surprised that the temple draculi had asked for their names, plural. He bristled inside, though he knew it was only polite to introduce himself. "I'm Damon," he said, his voice a little rough. He didn't bother introducing the other kuhna. Hyan could do it himself. Before the conversation could go much further more creatures burst in on him. What was a night of peace and soul searching had become a night of meeting new people. He supposed it was okay to meet new people, but it wasn't his strong point. He wasn't very social. "Can't I have a little quiet?" he said rather loudly before he could stop himself. His lips pulled into a small snarl. What is wrong with me?? he thought to himself. He didn't want to be mean to these creatures. He wanted to help, but his other side was fighting him. "I'm so confused," he whispered to himself, voice cracking. He was used to the other side, but it usually wasn't as strong as it was now. Perhaps the strangers had brought it on? He glared at the others, but his glare was fading. His eyes seemed to soften, but his snarl still remanined, though slight.
{2.6}

((I'm sorry if Damon doesn't make any sense. I'm trying to form his character and I'm not sure how to say what I want to say. If that makes any sense. XP))
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Slynne » 05/25/2010 8:10 PM

I heard the Eclipse kuhna complain about something, then heard him snarl. I growled loudly at him. What can I say I got annoyed, I was looking for my sister, even though he probly didn't now that. It was too late, I already growled at him, mistakingly, although I kinda didn't regret it.

"Christopher! Be nice!" I snapped at Christopher, with a hiss. " Sorry, about that, Christopher is just a bit moody. I'm Quincie and this is as you heard Christopher. Of course, you already knew that Hyan." I said with a smile.

When I heard Quincie hiss at me, I automaticly stopped. " Sorry," I said under a intense voice.

"Yep, and I'm Hyan. As you heard." I said laughing behind my voice. Quincie could be so funny at times. Then again, I found certin things that weren't funny to most, funny.

{C3.Q3.H6}

*I hope this isn't confusing for you guys.D: And Its quite alright Jobie. :3 *  
Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ningai » 05/25/2010 9:19 PM

Softly and still cautiously I said, "hey...I'm Tatoo. Do you know the girl that got lost?..Cause I want to help find her." I was realy shy now, I didn't realy hang around large groups of poeople. At that moment I felt stupid, like I realy shouldn't be there, like I didn't belong. Still, I couldn't resist the mystery.
Ningai
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items

Next