Wanting to spend all that hard earned KS? Well here's the place to do it!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Evelon's Marketplace

.:The Marketplace F.A.Q.:.

Postby .:The Marketplace:. » 11/10/2008 12:16 PM

Please do not send me any PMs asking questions. If you have any questions about the Marketplace, post them in the help section or message a staff member. This is only an account used for sending out Marketplace orders and collecting your delicious currencies.
.:The Marketplace:.
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 262049
Donate

Postby .:The Marketplace:. » 11/10/2008 12:17 PM

.:The Mage's Brewery:.

General Information

How often does the shop restock?
       Actually, there are no restocks! Most potions are unlimited in stock. Those that aren't unlimited are limited based on how many you can buy per year. As such, I guess you could say it restocks on New Year's day.
Who do I send my money to for the potion?
       Please send your Keystones to me, and include a link to the post you're paying for.
Can I buy a potion for a breeding after I've started the room?
       After a room has started and been recorded, no more potions may be added. To use a potion you must include that you would like to use that potion in the first post. If you add a potion in after the breeding has been recorded the potion will not be used.
Hey! My post disappeared from the shop! What happened?
       There are a few possibilities. If you have posted a question or other non-roleplayed post in the Mage's Brewery your post will be deleted. All posts must be roleplayed, and questions should be asked in the help section.
       If you break one of the marketplace rules, ask for a potion that you can't buy, or have too many of that particular potion on hand, your post will be deleted as well.

The Curse of the Ballama

What is a "Ballama Spirit"?
       A small ethereal spirit that does not count as a pet. Instead it acts either as a guide or a curse to pet, a result deriving from taking a sip of the Beaker of the Ballama Spirit.
Can they have genders?
       Yes they can.
Can we give names to our Ballama spirits?
       Yes, if you wish it so.
What colors can they come in?
       They usually are of a light blue color, and if you get lucky, you might get a rare grey Ballama or some other color.
Can I get one apart from buying the potion?
       Nope, you have to buy the potion. Sorry.
Can they speak human or use telepathy?
       Yes, they can use either of them. It just depends on what you want.
Just how big are they?
       The spirits can easily fit in the palm of your hand.
Do they have special abilities?
       Unfortunately, they have none. But that doesn't mean they're useless.
Does my pet become a custom if it gets a Ballama spirit? What if it's a Kuhna/Lucain?
       Unless your pet was a custom in the first place, no, your pet doesn't become a custom. Kuhnas will keep their genes true to their species even if they obtain a Ballama.
Can a pet get more than one Ballama per pet?
       No
Will my Evolver evolve if I give it a Ballama?
       Unfortunately, no. Your pet will be cursed and be unable to evolve if it obtains a Ballama before evolving.
What about kits and pups? Will their evolved forms have the Ballamas?
       You can't get a Ballama for an ungrown breedable.
What is the plural form of "Ballama"?
       Ballamas
Can I trade a pet that's been given a Ballama? If so, will it keep it?
       Yes, you may trade a pet with a Ballama. And yes, it will keep it, whoever it goes to. They're cursed, remember?
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby .:The Marketplace:. » 07/26/2010 8:02 PM

.:Breedable Potions:.

Lovey Love Potion (LLP)

What does it do?
       The Lovey Love Potion allows pets that are the same gender to breed together. In the case your pet does not have a gender, the potion will allow them to breed to another pet regardless of the other pet's gender. Only one pet per breeding needs to use one for the intended effect. The Lovey Love Potion is not required to be purchased, as the Breeding Center supplies one per room for couples that need them.
What pets can it be used on?
       Currently, with the exception of Diosol, all breedable species require the use of a LLP or ELE in order to breed with a member of the same gender or if they do not have a gender. This means Kuhna, Lucain, Paragon, and Soveris. You do not have to mention that you are using one, since the staff will automatically know.
Which pet becomes the father/mother?
       Though you don't have to mention you are using a LLP in a breeding, it is important sometimes to let staff know which parent is the "father" and which is the "mother." In particular, since Kuhnas get their dominant genetics from their father and recessive genetics from their mother, we need to know which pet is filling which place. It's completely up to you to let us know, otherwise we'll just fill them in based on assumptions.
What potions can I NOT use the LLP alongside?
       Both the LLP and ELE are compatible with all other breedable potions.

Elixir of Fertility (EoF)

What does it do?
       The Elixir of Fertility grants two Kuhnas the ability to produce custom offspring when bred together. It may be used on both customs and non-custom Kuhnas. Customs can even be bred to non-customs and produce custom offspring.
       This potion may only be used on Kuhnas
Is it single-use or "equipable?"
       The Elixir of Fertility is a one time use potion. Once you have made use of it it will be taken from your records.
How many offspring does the EoF produce?
       2-3. If you are breeding with a partner you have a 90% chance of having 3 offspring. If you are breeding on your own you have a 10% chance of having 3 offspring.
If I breed an animated Kuhna, will it pass on the animation?
       Animating pets takes a lot of time and causes the images to be of lower quality since we have to save them as gif files. Due to this, Kuhnas such as the Preitor do not pass animations on to their children.
Do seasons effect offspring from EoF breedings?
       Some seasons will and some won't. Seasons that adjust colors, body parts, and litter sizes will for sure. If a season indicates that it is specifically for a non-Kuhna breedable though, the season will do nothing to an EoF breeding
What potions can I NOT use an EoF alongside?
       Fortuity Potion - It defeats the purpose of using an EoF
       XX/XY Draught - Kuhnas do not have defined genders for their offspring
       Impel Liquor - EoF offspring are already fully grown when delivered
       Emission Liquor - There are no Kuhna marking mutations
       Palette Potion - There are no files available for Kuhna offspring predictions
If I use a Lakundra in an EoF breeding, will the offspring evolve in to a Lakundra?
       All Kuhnas, even those bred from Lakundras, require a trip to Evo-Lux Emporium in order to evolve in to a Lakundra.
Do add-ons pass to offspring?
       If your Kuhna has something that seems naturally passable to offspring, such as a unique set of wings, custom markings, enlarged fangs, ect, it can pass that edit on. Items, such as belts, glasses, hats, and other such object will not pass on to custom offspring.

Fortuity Potion

What does it do?
       The Fortuity Potion is a weaker version of the Elixir of Fertility. It can give any Kuhna (custom or non) the genetics of a basic Kuhna. This means you may choose from Ancient, Berry, Calamikuhna, Carol, Common, Hydro, Kamo, Kanua, Preluhna, Spectrakuhna, Sulkuhna, or Trikuhna genes. If you choose to use Ancient genetics, please state the color of Ancient (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Violet, Pink, Tan, or Silver).
       This potion may only be used on Kuhnas
       The Fortuity Potion is a one time use potion. Once you have made use of it it will be taken from your records.
What potions can I NOT use a Fortuity Potion alongside?
       Elixir of Fertility - It defeats the purpose of using a Fortuity Potion
       XX/XY Draught - Kuhnas do not have defined genders for their offspring
       Impel Liquor - Kuhna offspring are already fully grown when delivered
       Emission Liquor - There are no Kuhna marking mutations
       Palette Potion - This potion does not produce custom offspring to predict

XX/XY Draught

What does it do?
       The XX Draught and XY Draught are potions that cause all offspring of a single breeding to be the same gender.The XX Draught produces all female offspring, while the XY draught produces all male offspring.
       This potion may be used on Lucain and Paragon
       The XX/XY Draught is a one time use potion. Once you have made use of it it will be taken from your records.
What potions can I NOT use a XX/XY Draught alongside?
       Fortuity Potion - Kuhnas do not have defined genders for their offspring
       Elixir of Fertility - Kuhnas do not have defined genders for their offspring
       XX/XY Draught - An XX Draught and XY Draught would cancel one another out if used together

Generative Draught

What does it do?
       The Generative Draught will produce the largest litter available for a pairing. Sometimes, though rarely, it may also grant an additional offspring, thus surpassing the usual standards for litter sizes.
       This potion may only be used on Kuhna, Lucain, Paragon, and Soveris
What size litter does it produce?
       Kuhna; 5 for normal breedings, 3 for EoF breedings
       Lucain; 4-5, with 5 being rare
       Paragon; 3-4, with 4 being rare
       Soveris; 3-4, with 4 being rare
       The Generative Draught is a one time use potion. Once you have made use of it it will be taken from your records.
What potions can I NOT use a Generative Draught alongside?
       Skimp Tonic - These potions cancel one another out

Chaos Draught

What does it do?
       The Chaos Draught allows the use of any color and any marking or body part (for Paragon). There is no restrictions to how the Chaos Draught affects litters. Your Breeding Artist can choose to simply use more markings, or can introduce new colors. One baby will generally be quite different from the parents (about 70% different), though there is room for variation. Glows and inverted markings may also appear in a Chaos Draught breeding, regardless of if the parents have them or not.
       This potion may only be used on Kuhna, Lucain, Paragon, Soveris
       The Chaos Draught is a one time use potion. Once you have made use of it it will be taken from your records.
What potions can I NOT use a Chaos Draught alongside?
       Palette Potion - The Chaos Draught overpowers the Palette Potion
How does the Chaos Draught work for normal Kuhna litters?
       When used in a Kuhna breeding (normal or one involving a Fortuity Potion), the Chaos Draught will randomize one offspring. If you want an entirely random litter you will need the aid of an Elder Kuhna or other Kuhna with wildcard genes.
How does the Chaos Draught work for EoF Kuhna litters?
       The Chaos Draught will act as it does for any other breedable in this case, where it can change any aspect of the offspring at random. This means you might get a random base type (such as Mer from a normal), random wings, random colors, ect. It cannot produce completely new markings.

Impel Liquor

What does it do?
       The Impel Liquor causes your offspring to be put in the nursery in their fully grown state. No need to wait for them to grow up at all!
       This potion may be used on Lucain, Paragon, and Soveris
       The Impel Liquor is a one time use potion. Once you have made use of it it will be taken from your records.
What potions can I NOT use an Impel Liquor alongside?
       Elixir of Fertility - Kuhna offspring are already fully grown when delivered
       Fortuity Potion - Kuhna offspring are already fully grown when delivered

Skimp Tonic

What does it do?
       The Skimp Tonic allows users to ask for the lowest litter size normally available, or suggest a number even lower than that. In the case that you want only one child for some reason, this is the perfect potion for you.
       This potion may only be used on Kuhna, Lucain, Paragon, and Soveris
What size litter does it produce?
       Kuhna; 1-3 for normal breedings, 1-2 for EoF breedings
       Lucain; 1-3
       Paragon; 1-2
       Soveris; 1-2
       The Skimp Tonic is a one time use potion. Once you have made use of it it will be taken from your records.
What potions can I NOT use a Skimp Tonic alongside?
       Generative Draught - These potions cancel one another out

Emission Liquor

What does it do?
       The Emission Liquor will cause at least one marking mutation to appear on an offspring, tending to favor addition mutations. There is a 25-50% chance that a second marking mutation will appear on another child in a litter.
       This potion may only be used on Lucain and Paragon
       The Emission Liquor is a one time use potion. Once you have made use of it it will be taken from your records.
What potions can I NOT use an Emission Liquor alongside?
       Elixir of Fertility - There are no Kuhna marking mutations
       Fortuity Potion - There are no Kuhna marking mutations
Can I choose what marking mutation I will get?
       As mutations are inherently random, you cannot normally specify which marking mutation you would like to appear. If a palette potion is used though, you may guarantee the presence of one marking mutation through your prediction.

Charcoal Tonic

What does it do?
       The Charcoal Tonic may be used to negate the effect of any breeding season going on at the time of use. For example, if the breeding season acts as a Chaos Draught and you do not like Chaos Draughts, this potion will keep your offspring normal. You may not use it to prevent effects of other potions though, such as preventing the use of a different type of Paragon wing or head type.
       This potion may only be used on Diosol(?), Kuhna, Lucain, Paragon, and Soveris
       The Charcoal Tonic is a one time use potion. Once you have made use of it it will be taken from your records.
What potions can I NOT use a  alongside?
       The Charcoal Tonic is compatible with all other breedable potions.

Palette Potion

What does it do?
       The Palette Potion allows users to predict what an offspring looks like. This means you may download the PSD files we have made available and color one offspring from your breeding. You may then either post a flat image of your prediction in your breeding or link to a downloadable PSD so we can just add the shading. If you are unable to upload the PSD anywhere, you may also send it to us via email at landsofevelon@gmail.com. The artist doing your breeding will decide how viable the offspring you have created is and has the right to tweak your design slightly if it does not look possible from the parents.
       This potion may be used on Lucain, Paragon, and Soveris
       The Palette Potion is a one time use potion. Once you have made use of it it will be taken from your records.
What potions can I NOT use a Palette Potion alongside?
       EoF; Kuhna files are not available to users, as there are too many of them
       Fortuity Potion; The Palette Potion predicts custom offspring, which the Fortuity does not produce.
       Chaos Draught; The Palette Potion is overpowered by the Chaos.
What breeding quirks can I include on predictions?
       Any breeding quirk that is listed as common or uncommon in the Information Center may be used for offspring predictions. Any that are listed as rare may not be used, with the exception given to Marking Mutations with the use of an Emission Liquor.
Can I use multiple Palette Potions in one breeding?
       Each user may only use one Palette Potion. If two users are breeding together, they can use a total of 2 Palette Potions in a breeding.
I'd love to use a Palette Potion, but I don't want a fully custom child. Can I just suggest vague ideas?
       While the staff does understand the desire to suggest vague ideas instead of a customized child, the answer is sadly no. We have all had experiences where users suggest things but aren't very clear in their meaning. "Red" to one person could mean a completely different shade than to another. Allowing users to suggest ideas for an offspring without an example to go on could lead to users not actually getting what they want out of the potion due to miscommunication.
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby .:The Marketplace:. » 07/26/2010 8:05 PM

.:Seasonal Specialties:.

Seeing as how Elie is only open for only a certain amount of time to get each set of event pets out, she tends to restock quicker then the others. Sometimes she'll even restock every day or two, even if it's just with one or two items. There are other times when she can't 'stock' anything, seeing as how it's a game instead of items to buy.
Who do I send my money to for the potion?
       If you post right and have the money for an item I will edit your Keystones by hand and take out the amount for the item. No need to send it to anyone, as the money does not come to me. If you do mistakenly send me Keystones I will accept it as a tip and still remove your Keystones before you get your potions.
Can I reserve an item and get it next time that the shop has restocked?
       During some seasons, the shop does allow users to pre-order an item. During these seasons the rules for pre-ordering those items will be posted in the shop. They are generally strict, and pre-ordering costs extra money.
       There are a few possibilities. If you have posted a question or other non-roleplayed post in Seasonal Specialties your post will be deleted. All posts must be roleplayed, and questions should be asked in the help section.
       If you break one of the marketplace rules, ask for a potion that is out of stock, or have too many of that particular potion on hand, your post will be deleted as well.
Seasonal Specialties? What do you mean? I don't see a shop with this name.
       That's because it's 'seasonal'. Elie is only open around certain holidays. Her pets are very special, and can't be purchased any other way. They may sometimes be given  away as prizes during events though.
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby .:The Marketplace:. » 07/26/2010 8:06 PM

.:Toys and Trinkets:.

All items found at Toys and Trinkets are constantly available with an unlimited stock. As such, Canvas never restocks and you do not have to worry about waiting for a restock in order to purchase a toy.
Who do I send my money to for the item?
       If you post right and have the money for an item I will edit your Keystones by hand and take out the amount for the item. No need to send it to anyone, as the money does not come to me. If you do mistakenly send me Keystones I will accept it as a tip and still remove your Keystones before you get your potions.
       There are a few possibilities. If you have posted a question or other non-roleplayed post in Toys and Trinkets your post will be deleted. All posts must be roleplayed, and questions should be asked in the help section.
       If you break one of the marketplace rules, ask for a potion that is out of stock, or have too many of that particular potion on hand, your post will be deleted as well.
Do toys do anything special?
       Toys honestly have no special purpose other than for you to collect.
Do toys get added to my pet's image?
       Sadly, no. This would require drawing the toy again and again. If you would like to get a toy added to your pet's image though, you could always ask for it at an add-on shop.
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby .:The Marketplace:. » 07/06/2012 2:32 PM

.:Evo-Lux Emporium:.

Can I have a mini marking removed from my Lucain?
       This answer depends on the pet. If this was a marking added as an add-on and there is an older image of the pet, yes, it may be removed. If it is a mini marking that your pet came with as a custom/random or was born it, it may not be removed.
Can I get the color of a mini marking changed?
       Again, this doesn't have a solid answer. Most of the time you can. If you ask me to change say, black tearstain to white, I probably won't be able to do it very well. Some of the black will probably still show through. I will always try though and if I am unable to change the color you will be notified and you will not have to pay. Keep in mind, this will make that mini mark the top marking.
Can I ask for coloring only one part of a mini marking, eye, or wingblade? What about gradients?
       The answer to both is yes. Getting multiple colors without a gradient will cost an extra 25 KS though.
Can I get the colors of my Paragon's wings changed? That's just like the wingblades of a Lucain after all.
       Nope. Changing the color of a Paragon's wings would be much more difficult than a Lucain's, due to using many more layers or a lack of layers for some wing types. This is the same for tail types.
How about removing the wings of a Paragon?
       Again, no. With the method we use for wingblade removals, some of the shading of the wings would probably still be left on the Paragon. This is the same for tail types.
Can I get an entire marking (not mini marking) removed from my pet?
       No. This would require completely redoing the pet. Not to mention Baal doesn't allow the addition of new markings, so you shouldn't be able to remove them either.
Can a pet like a Glow Garagnir be de-evolved even though it came out as the evolved stage?
       Yep. As long as we have the file available for the recolor (some evolver files have been lost over the years) it will be possible.
Common Kuhnas and Hydrokuhnas are unlimited in the original pose, but could I ask for one of them to be evolved here?
       Yes. Hydrokuhnas and Common Kuhnas may be submitted to Evo-Lux.
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby .:The Marketplace:. » 03/25/2015 2:31 AM

.:The Metamorphose Medical Clinic:.

General Information

Who do I send my money to for an item/pet?
       If you are buying an item with Keystones or Goddess Tears, please transfer the amount you are paying to me, and include a link to your shop post with the transfer. The only exception to this is if you are purchasing an item with cash. In this case you would send your money via paypal to go46mj@bellsouth.net and provide a screenshot in your post as proof of purchase.
       There are a few possibilities. If you have posted a question or other non-roleplayed post in The Metamorphose Medical Clinic your post will be deleted. All posts must be roleplayed, and questions should be asked in the help section.
Can I request for an item to pet to be sent to another user as a gift/part of a trade?
      If you would like to request for your order to be sent to another user that is fine. If it is part of a trade, or you don't mind them possibly finding out about the gift before it is sent, just list their name in your order as the person you would like it to go to. In the case you would like to have an order sent to them as a gift, you may message Kyrit with your order and the name of the user you would like the order sent to.

Ready Available Pets and Experiment Pets

Can Original Species just be purchased if you have enough ks, or do they go by stock
       You may buy these pets any time that you have enough Keystones. Simply post to order the pet as you would if you were submitting a pet to be experimented on.

Sickle Species

Can the Fortuna Strain be used directly on the Mysterious Egg?
       The Fortuna Strain may be used on any form after the egg stage, but it may not be used on the egg stage itself.

Breeder Boosts

How often are Breeder Boosts restocked?
       There is no set amount of time between restocks for Breeder Boosts.
Can we use Breeder Boosts already if we paid for them in the facility but they haven't been recorded yet?
       No, you must wait until they have been officially recorded in order to use them.
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby .:The Marketplace:. » 03/25/2015 2:24 PM

.:Birthday Boutique:.

Can I choose multiple of the same staff birthday pet, or do all three choices have to be different?
       You may get 1 of up to 3 different ones. Historically we only allowed users to claim 1 of the pet we released on our birthday, so this way it stays as such.
Can I claim extra staff birthday pets instead of my special birthday pet/grab bag?
       You do not have to claim a special birthday pet or grab bag, but you may not claim exctra staff birthday pets even if you do. Everyone is limited to 3 staff birthday pets to encourage you to trade for any extra ones you like.
Can I request for my birthday pet or grab bag to be sent to another user?
       If you would like to request for your order to be sent to another user that is fine. Just make sure to state in your post that the pet or grab bag should be delivered to them. Since in some cases you may be getting multiple pets, be sure to state which pet is going to another user specifically.
I missed claiming pets on my birthday or during that time. Can I at least get a grab bag and the staff birthday pets?
       The short answer is no. The deadline for grab bags and for staff birthday pets is that you must post during the month of your birthday, or when submitting an order in the case of staff birthday pets since the Western Zodiac goes by dates rather than month.
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby .:The Marketplace:. » 03/25/2015 2:25 PM

.:Kuhna Salon:.

-Reserved for Kuhna Salon questions-
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer