Go ahead and roleplay about other things (like MML, Neopets, Subeta, or Pokemon) here! Just about anything you can roleplay is allowed here (but stick to Evelon's rating, please). ^.^

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Other Roleplaying!

How to Train Your Dragon [OPEN]

Postby potterchic » 12/31/2010 10:12 PM

“This is Berk. It snows nine months out of the year, and hails the other three. What little food grows here is tough and tasteless. The people that grow here, even more so. The only upsides are the pets. While other places have ponies, or parrots, we have… dragons.”

This RP takes place a while after the movie. (Wow, how descriptive.)  So… yeah.

RULES

- Don’t ask to play Toothless or claim that your character is Hiccup and your OC’s daughter. Just don’t. This takes place in a time where the characters from the movie are dead. “Well why can’t I have a Hiccup’s great granddaughter instead, then?” you may ask. Just think about that, though. A lot of people are going to want to have descendants of the characters from the movies, and there are sure to be at least a few clones if that happens. Where’s the fun in that?

- Make your character at least 12 if you want them to have a dragon. No, “Wow, Mary Sue is the youngest EVER to tame a Night Fury! She has five, and she got the first one at three years old!”

- Since I mentioned Night Furies… Feel free to give your character one. I know what you’re thinking, “Night Furies are supposed to be rare! Not just anyone can have one!” Well, no, not just anyone can have one. Let’s assume that only the characters stated to have Night Furies have them. There are plenty of other people in Berk, and we can say that they have more common dragons such as Gronckles and Terrible Terrors. Just remember, this doesn’t mean that all of your characters should have a Night Fury! There are some pretty awesome alternatives, such as the Boneknapper and the Timberjack.

- It doesn’t matter that you haven’t seen the movie. They’re Vikings with dragons. You don’t need to know much more. Just look things up if you’re confused.

- The Evelon rules, of course, apply, although the post minimum is the old 3 sentences.

- Yes, you can make new species of dragons, but you’ll have to bring it up with me first. Just drop me a PM with the characteristics of the species. Once it’s been approved, you can introduce your dragon at any time during the RP.

- Feel free to contact me if you’d like something to be added/have a question/think something is unfair/other. I’m more afraid of you than you should ever be of me.

- Go ahead and make dragon characters without vikings/with vikings played by someone else. (Thank you, Wyvern.)

NEWS

December 31, 2010 - This thread was created.
potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 150
Donate

Random Information and Such

Postby potterchic » 12/31/2010 10:12 PM

Here be any information that’d be useful. That dragon species you created? It’ll show up here once it shows up in the RP. Other stuff that I haven’t decided on yet? Same.

How to Train Your Dragon Wiki
potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Major Characters

Postby potterchic » 12/31/2010 10:13 PM

Character profiles for your major characters go here. Those characters that you’re going to have in at least most of your posts, you know.

Code: Select all
[b]Name: [/b]
[b]Username: [/b]
[b]Species: [/b]Human or dragon, pretty much. If it’s a dragon, what type?
[b]Gender: [/b]
[b]Age: [/b]For humans, give me the number, for dragons give me a general age group. (You know, adult, hatchling…)
[b]Personality: [/b]You can just put “to be roleplayed” if you like, although eventually you’ll probably want to at least jot down a couple traits…
[b]Appearance: [/b]Just a basic description is fine, although you can go all out or link to a picture if you really want to.
[b](Dragon/Viking): [/b]Choose the one they have, if they have one at all.
[b]Other: [/b]Something I left out? Put it here.

Name: Vulture Haugen
Username: potterchic
Species: Human
Personality: To be roleplayed.
Appearance: Slightly below average height and a stick. Hazel eyes. Dark brown hair worn in uneven braids down to middle of back and bangs of left eye. Wears bulky vest over tunic, normal pants/boots combo on bottom, hammer necklace. (As you can see, there’s no need to do anything fancy. Just be lazy like I was, you don’t even have to use full sentences.)
Dragon: None yet.
Other: Siblings are Buzzard, Booger, Dogbreath, and Stunk

Name: Vylen
Username: Wyvern
Species: Moustrous Nightmare
Personality: Highly daring, which explains its careless-ness. But isnt really as agressive as any other Nightmare is. Has a tendency to laugh and sneezes a lot, but accidentally spits a few flames.
Appearance: Similar to any Nightmare, but has smaller horns on its back, tail and wings. Is more like a purple-ish colour.
(Dragon/Viking): None yet, perhaps a OC under other´s ownership will get in this space.
Other: Gets along with another dragon, a Terrible Terror. xD (Maybe a Minor character...)

Name: Catnip Johansson
Username: Soriana
Personality: Airy, spacy, quiet, a bit of a dreamer. Most of her tribe tends to think her head isn't screwed on tight enough.
Appearance: Tall, pale, and waiflike with chestnut brown hair and sea green eyes.
Dragon: Polar-Serpent; male; called "Oracle"
Other: I went to the HTTYD Wiki and picked a random dragon that I thought was awesome. Hope that's okay.

Name: Grrr (dragonese names don't translate to human very well.  It means roughly, She-who-makes-babies-cry.  Once she has one, her viking may give her a new name in his native tongue.)
Username: Thessur
Species: Night Fury
Personality: Cautious, curious, fond of shiny objects. Absolutely hates squealing female humans.  The males are ok, but most females just rub her the wrong way.  Usually friendly but prone to fits of bad temper and just plain orneriness.
Appearance: Matt black with a faint purple hue.  She has markings just a shade darker and shinier than the rest of her body in a tabby-cat pattern all over her back and legs.  She's about average size for a Night Fury and has a slightly larger than average wingspan.
(Dragon/Viking): Dragon seeks male viking, preferably tall, must be a good back-scratcher and skilled angler.
Other: PM me to ask to be her viking I guess?

Name: Daedra
Username: HUN
Personality: “to be roleplayed” / Leader, proud -ish
Appearance: I will have a sketch up sometime tonight or tomorrow night <3
(Dragon/Viking): Dragon - Boneknapper: Like this one, And this one
Other: Hope it's okay that she has a Boneknapper o3o Will work on her image when I get time
potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Minor Characters

Postby potterchic » 12/31/2010 10:14 PM

For minor characters (NPCs or characters that you don’t want to use all that often) just fill out the major character form and mention that they’re a minor character. Put who can use them (Just you? Everyone? Your best friend in the whole wide world?) in the “Other” section.

Name: Buzzard Haugen
Personality: To be RPed
Appearance: Dirty blonde hair, blue eyes, hat with short horns, shoulder pads with some sort of teeth embedded in them.
Dragon: Not old enough.
Other: To be used by me and only me unless otherwise stated.

Name: Booger Haugen
Personality: To be RPed.
Appearance: Light brown hair, brown eyes, eye patch over right eye, hat with small curly horns.

Name: Dogbreath Haugen
Appearance: Dark brown (almost black) hair and eyes, hat with really big horns.

Name: Stunk Haugen
Appearance: Short light brown hair, hazel eyes.
Dragon: He’s three. Do you really think… No. Just… no. Bad idea.
potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: How to Train Your Dragon [OPEN]

Postby Wyvern » 12/31/2010 11:09 PM

Name: Vylen
Username: Wyvern
Species: Moustrous Nightmare
Personality: Highly daring, which explains its careless-ness. But isnt really as agressive as any other Nightmare is. Has a tendency to laugh and sneezes a lot, but accidentally spits a few flames.
Appearance: Similar to any Nightmare, but has smaller horns on its back, tail and wings. Is more like a purple-ish colour.
(Dragon/Viking): None yet, perhaps a OC under other´s ownership will get in this space.
Other: Gets along with another dragon, a Terrible Terror. xD (Maybe a Minor character...)

Perhaps will work on the Lil´Terror. Is this okay?

Zoo Pen
IDK, need more links...
Wyvern
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1298
Donate

Postby Soriana » 12/31/2010 11:15 PM

Name: Catnip Johansson
Username: Soriana
Personality: Airy, spacy, quiet, a bit of a dreamer. Most of her tribe tends to think her head isn't screwed on tight enough.
Appearance: Tall, pale, and waiflike with chestnut brown hair and sea green eyes.
Dragon: Polar-Serpent; male; called "Oracle"
Other: I went to the HTTYD Wiki and picked a random dragon that I thought was awesome. Hope that's okay.

The King beneath the mountains,
The King of carven stone,
The lord of silver fountains
Shall come into his own!

His crown shall be upholden,
His harp shall be restrung,
His halls shall echo golden
To songs of yore re-sung.

The streams shall run in gladness,
The lakes shall shine and burn,
All sorrow fail and sadness
At the Mountain-king's return!

one two three four five
Soriana
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 216
Donate

Postby potterchic » 12/31/2010 11:25 PM

Both of you guys are fine. :D *parties because people actually like this*
Oh, what a guy, that Gaston!

Avatar from here. Signature picture from here.
potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thessur » 12/31/2010 11:42 PM

Name: Grrr (dragonese names don't translate to human very well.  It means roughly, She-who-makes-babies-cry.  Once she has one, her viking may give her a new name in his native tongue.)
Username: Thessur
Species: Night Fury
Personality: Cautious, curious, fond of shiny objects. Absolutely hates squealing female humans.  The males are ok, but most females just rub her the wrong way.  Usually friendly but prone to fits of bad temper and just plain orneriness.
Appearance: Matt black with a faint purple hue.  She has markings just a shade darker and shinier than the rest of her body in a tabby-cat pattern all over her back and legs.  She's about average size for a Night Fury and has a slightly larger than average wingspan.
(Dragon/Viking): Dragon seeks male viking, preferably tall, must be a good back-scratcher and skilled angler.
Other: PM me to ask to be her viking I guess?

wishlist * Zoo Pen

<{~ Shiny? ~}>
Thessur
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 689
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 12/31/2010 11:56 PM

Name: Daedra
Username: HUN
Personality: “to be roleplayed” / Leader, proud -ish
Appearance: I will have a sketch up sometime tonight or tomorrow night <3
(Dragon/Viking): Dragon - Boneknapper: Like this one, And this one
Other: Hope it's okay that she has a Boneknapper o3o Will work on her image when I get time

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite
Newcomers to play with us
For many years we've been all alone

.: ~Pen~ :.
.: ~Sales~ :.
.: ~Breeder~ :.
.: ~Imp. Doc~ :.
HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 263
Donate

Postby potterchic » 01/01/2011 12:01 AM

Thessur and HUN have added to my happiness. And the Boneknapper thing is fine. Pretty much any dragon you can find on the HTTYD wiki (which I must post a link to) can be used.

potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wyvern » 01/01/2011 12:08 AM

Potterchic, a question, do we need a certain amount of people to start the RP? Even if so or not, when will the characters start?

Zoo Pen
IDK, need more links...
Wyvern
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby potterchic » 01/01/2011 12:23 AM

I seriously hadn't thought about that. :oops: If you guys want to start, then I'm all for it.

potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 01/01/2011 12:24 AM

Ready whenever you and everyone else is o3o

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite
Newcomers to play with us
For many years we've been all alone

.: ~Pen~ :.
.: ~Sales~ :.
.: ~Breeder~ :.
.: ~Imp. Doc~ :.
HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 263
Donate

Postby Wyvern » 01/01/2011 12:52 AM

Pottechic, lets start this way. The human characters, will appear in the town of Beck (If they have dragons they can appear with them) Probabily just meeting each other while going in their own ways.

As for me, the stray dragon, just appear walking randombly in a nearby forest, freely walk near the town, then finding all of you... *shot*

About the first part, yes, im serious. I was kidding about the second one, I need to come up with a intro. D:

Zoo Pen
IDK, need more links...
Wyvern
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thessur » 01/01/2011 12:55 AM

Maybe the dragons have rebuilt their nest on the far end of Berk?  That's where they lived in the books anyway.

wishlist * Zoo Pen

<{~ Shiny? ~}>
Thessur
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 689
Donate

Next