The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Falling Into Character [P-Icey & I] [PG 13]

Postby SkyWolf11 » 01/12/2011 12:01 AM

.: Domeskis :.

The air was filled with loud and erratic music along the darkened streets of the Slums.  This particular street was more so booming than most of the others the young male had travelled along to get here.  He was dressed in a dark pair of blue jeans and sported a dull red cotton jacket, over top a boring old muscle tee.  And what was probably the most unusual thing about this man was that here he was wearing a very darkly tinted pair of sunglasses, at night time.  Perhaps that was because of his oddly colored eyes; a shade of bright red that shone brightly even in the darkest of areas.

Stopping in the middle of the abandoned street, he looked around carefully.  "Now what was that blasted place called again?", he mused to himself loudly.  It wasn't as if anyone was around to hear him.  Nope.  They were all partying their butts off around this time of night.  Clubs, bars, XXX rated movie theaters - that's what this part of town was all about it seemed.  

Domeskis's eyes fell onto a familiar sign of a rather unpleasant looking bar, and the name struck him instantly.  Yes, this was where he wanted to go.  Shoving his hands into his coat pockets, he trudged up to the building, plastering a sly smile onto his face.  Dodging drunkards that came stumbling outside, he found himself in side with some ease.  There didn't seem to be a hired bouncer working at the moment.  Great ... that meant a lot of idiots would get in.  Bothersome...  But that wasn't really a concern.  He had other business.  Strolling calmly up to the bar counter, he took a stool and raised a hand to the bartender, ordering a beer.

He turned and rested his elbows against the counter with a sigh.  From behind his shades, his red eyes slowly scanned the chaos driven crowd in search of ... him ...

[Lvl. 1 -- 1]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 680
Donate
Location: Trying to integrate back into Evelonian society :,U

Re: Falling Into Character [P-Icey & I] [PG 13]

Postby Icey » 01/12/2011 11:01 AM

What was it about this town that seemed to draw the world of scum, sleeze, and greed right into it? Certainly this area was not always such an urban sink hole. Perhaps it was once a meadow? Or a forest. Filled with little happy bugs living a little happy life doing little buggy things. Hatching, eating, fluttering around, eating more, making eggs, dying and repeating. For generations upon generations of bugs. Undisturbed until a city manager decided to put some cheap apartments here.

Of course, cheap apartments attracted the poor. And the poor wanted money, so possibly they decided to sell such things as booze and music? Or maybe it started out as a dance studio for ballet that went horribly wrong. In any such case the bugs are gone and he was here. Though, exactly why he was here was of a rather annoyance. It seemed his father was too ill with a cold to manage his own business. A sickly looking man with such a business would drive the costumers away in droves. And boy, were there droves.

The young man, only about eighteen, pushed his glasses up his nose. He was too young to drink any of the drinks offered in such an establishment, but apple juice and gingerale gave a good illusion to it. He was, however, old enough to enjoy a nice cancer stick while he waited. What was taking so long? The impatience was not hidden from his face as he took another drag. Maybe he should charge a late fee..
[Why do we die?] (So you can live!)
[Why do we strive?]
(So you can win! But why did you defy every truthful word I recommend?)
[My question back, why do you recommend an ode temptation]

ImageImage
(So I can test your patience and tolerance in the face of sin)
[But why attest when you hold all the answers to the state we in?
(For you to bear witness of imperfections of mortal men)
[So it's a lesson?]
(And a blessing Journey back to where you been 'Cause before the tree can flourish seeds must first be planted in)
Icey
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 66
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 01/12/2011 9:49 PM

'Well this crowd is lovely.', the man thought with a smirk as he sipped his beer casually.  It was quite entertaining watching the drunk masses attempt to dance, then knocking each other over in their drunken stupor.  Fools...  And he wanted to be lumped together in the same category as these people?  Huh ... apparently.  Why else would he hang around such places?  Hmmm ... that was the golden question, now wasn't it?

But enough fun, time to get down to business.  He sat up and looked around.  His gaze came to rest on a younger looking boy a bit of ways across the room. Giving him a look over, Domeskis concluded that that was indeed the man in question.  He was a bit shocked at just how young he was; it wasn't normal to see someone so young involved in such a business.  But he was the only one here that fit the bill, the description that older man had giving him.  Perhaps you were never to young to start down the path of destruction...

Smirk twisting into a frown, Domeskis got to his feet, placed a few ks on the counter, and went to approach the man.  He flashed the guy a smile in greeting and gave a short nod.  Though, his confident character was broken for a second as he waved away some of the bothersome smoke from the cigarette that wafted up into his face.  Quickly clearing his throat, he removed a hand from his pocket and held it out.  Just because this meeting was one of questionable ethics, that didn't mean that manners should be thrown to the wind .. right?

"Hey.  So I'm guessing you're the guy that I ... was told about.", his voice revealing his inward conflict with his decision.  Judging by the look on the guy's face, he wasn't the happiest of people.  Maybe he could make the guy mad enough to refuse him service .. and he could go home with a clean conscious...  'Oh quit being a baby and just do it..  I'm already here ...'  Oh how strange this man was...

[Lvl. 1 -- 2]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Icey » 01/21/2011 6:43 PM

Suhb flicked his golden eyes up at the man. He flicked the ashes of his cig to the ground, reaching his other hand to shake the mans hand. He gave a grin, hearing the fault in his voice. Oh? Was he frightened? Did he have a secret to tell? Was he, purhaps, still 'innocent'? A wide grin spread over his face.

"I must be. Takin over for Pops while he'd out on business." He said, motioning for the larger man to sit, golden eyes locking on with keen perception. Breaking him down, one by one. Sunglasses, coat, nervous disposistion. He wreaked of someone out of place, not that Suhb could say any different. He still had part of his school uniform on, after all. He leaned back with a small smirk, pale skin dancing in the light of the club.

He flipped out a little black book. "Who's your poison? Blondes, brunettes, red heads? Big girls?" He asked, finger briefly leaving his page to push up his glasses before he took a drink of his juice. He tried to keep his eyes from wandering over the man, nice muscles, tone.. fit... He blinked and shook his head, clearing his throat.
[Why do we die?] (So you can live!)
[Why do we strive?]
(So you can win! But why did you defy every truthful word I recommend?)
[My question back, why do you recommend an ode temptation]

ImageImage
(So I can test your patience and tolerance in the face of sin)
[But why attest when you hold all the answers to the state we in?
(For you to bear witness of imperfections of mortal men)
[So it's a lesson?]
(And a blessing Journey back to where you been 'Cause before the tree can flourish seeds must first be planted in)
Icey
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 66
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 02/20/2011 5:12 PM

Those golden eyes sent a shiver down his spine and his own eyes flashed with interest as he gripped the man's hand tightly before dropping his.  It was true that he was nervous but at the same time his adrenaline was pumping hard.  And he couldn't help but to mirror the guy's smile to some degree as he took a seat.

He sat there silently, staring at the guy and his little black book as he read off a few ... varieties of girls available.  Noticing the guy's eyes wandering over himself a few times, he felt a bit awkward.  What was he looking at?  Did he look odd to him?  He began to feel out of place... not like he wasn't really.  His attitude matched this place well but his look probably didn't.  And looking Suhb over, he wasn't exactly blending in to a 'T'.  Clothes portraying what looked to be a uniform of sorts...  Domeskis smirked with a rough chuckle of a scof and let his shoulders droop restfully as he hunched over a bit.  

"Uh ..."  Hesitation.  "I guess brunette...?"  His eyes fell from the guy's face and flicked around nervously.  Give him a break - it wasn't like he'd done this before!  He was so tempted to just get up and walk out, go do something less ... awkward, but he couldn't bring himself to do it.  Eyes jerking back up to stare at the younger looking man.

[Lvl. 1 -- 3]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate