A mysterious area, explorers tend to go missing and never return. A low fog constantly blankets the forest floor and strange sounds have been reported being heard during the day. Not much else is known about the forest. (+3 Speed, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Whisper Forest

.:Antlered Mystery:. (Zap and I)

Postby HunnyBun » 06/07/2011 10:58 PM

The fog swirled around her as she padded through the mysterious and silent forest. Why she had come here was still a mystery to her. As she had told her sister, she just had a feeling. A feeling to come to this place, a place where many have lost their ways.
A shiver ran down her spine, causing all her fur to stand on ends, she looked like a giant blue puff ball. She stopped and shook herself, trying to forcer her fur back down. But in doing so she ended up getting an antler caught in a low branch.
"Wha--hey!" She shouted, trying to pull away from the branch.
Loud sounds of leaves flailing around as she fought her way free. Eventually the end snapped, sending her to the forest floor with a hard thump. The fog whooshing out around her, making a circle of cleared space for a moment.
"Ow!" She cried, sitting there for a moment, one tear sitting in the corner of her eye. "Stupid tree..."
She sighed, maybe it was a stupid idea to come her after all, just like her sister had said. She stood up slowly and turned around, looking back the way she came. Maybe she should just...head home? Looking down she thought it over. If she headed home she would just be welcomed with her sister stating that she had "told her so", something she would rather not deal with. On the other hand, staying here might just end up with her walking through mud for hours and no end results.
She looked up, she had to make up her mind or just end up standing there until nightfall.

((click image for human form, though she will be pet most of the time))

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite
Newcomers to play with us
For many years we've been all alone

.: ~Pen~ :.
.: ~Sales~ :.
.: ~Breeder~ :.
.: ~Imp. Doc~ :.
HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 263
Donate

Re: .:Antlered Mystery:. (Zap and I)

Postby zapdragon555 » 06/07/2011 11:37 PM

Deep in the forest, surrounded by tendrils of leafy vines and thorny briers, two icy blue eyes peered out into the mist. The trees around him whispered in the breeze, speaking to each other in hushed, worried tones. Something was about to happen. A single leaf fell to the ground in front of the Spirit of the Wilderness's paws. An ear flicked, a nostril flared. And suddenly...

CRASH! Arano's eyes widened. The trees groaned in protest that someone had invaded the forest. In a heartbeat the Lucain was on his feet, leaping silently through the mist. His eyes darted back and forth, searching for the intruder. A blue pelt flashed in the corner of his vision as he leaped past. He pivoted and stared of several moments. A Lucain, and a female at that. He narrowed his eyes in distrust. She had already broken a branch; she was obviously dangerous.

His eyes traveled up to the top of her head. Antlers? he thought, blinking in surprise. He let an ear brush his own, as if reminding himself they were there. Upon closer examination... she was beautiful. His gaze hardened suddenly. But she still could be dangerous. He stepped forward slowly, never taking his eyes off the female. Best not to let his guard down-- CRACK! Arano yelped and leaped backwards, staring in shock at the fallen stick he had broken. He never made unnecessary noise, especially not when tracking. The noise echoed through the mist-covered forest, and the once-whispering trees were silent. He tensed his muscles, ready to flee if needed.

(1)

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby HunnyBun » 06/07/2011 11:51 PM

Her back arched, what was that? She turned round quickly, ready to run off if it was anything dangerous. But all she could see was a blanket of white. A cold chill around her neck, her fur standing up a little. She shrank up, her tails curling under her back legs. Ears against her head, she shook slightly.
"W-Who's there?" She called out.
That was stupid! Now whatever it was knows she's there. She swallowed hard, this wasn't going to end well.
"S-S-Stay back...I-I know karate!" She lied, that always scared thugs away, right?
A quivering cry vibrated in her throat, she should have researched on the beast in this wooded area. She would have been prepared, but no, she didn't. Now it could he a bloodthirsty Akail standing right in front of her nose and she wouldn't know.
She took a few shaky steps back, her head darting around.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 06/08/2011 12:50 AM

She was... retreating? Arano was not used to such a reaction. But that's probably because he had never caused any attention to be drawn to himself, save for this time. Clearly the female was the cowardly type. Arano smirked slightly, stepping toward her, making his footsteps as quiet as possible. He closed his eyes and reached out his mind. "What is your business here?" he transmitted. "Why are you making a mess of my forest?" He stepped out of the thickest part of the mist and placed a paw on the broken branch. The mist hid all but his icy blue eyes, and perhaps the outline of his rather tall figure.

(He's using thought speech, in case that wasn't clear~ :3)

(2)

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby HunnyBun » 06/08/2011 1:11 AM

A jolt ran down her entire body, her fur springing up. Where did that voice come from? It sounded like it was all around her.
Then, through the fog she noticed something, and as she squinted to see it became more clear. Eyes! Deep blue dark menacing eyes!
"Eep!" She shouted, shrinking to the ground, her eyes still on the figure.
In the blur she could make out a large dark figure, and she had come to decide it must be his body. He was huge! Another cry escaped her, he could crush her.
"I-I didn't mean to trespass," she replied, "I just had this...calling to come."
Her chin scraped the grass lightly, her head so low down. She peeked behind her, she could make a run for it.
"I didn't mean to break the branch!" She blurted out louder than she expected. "M-My antler got tangled up in it."
She swallowed hard again.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 06/08/2011 12:07 PM

So she had seen him. Arano was still trying to decide if that was a good thing or not. "This tree was old and dying. I suppose accidents happen." He gently pushed the broken branch to the side, stirring the mist around his paws. If the tree had been younger he might have grown the branch back in place. But doing so on such an old tree would cost a larger amount of energy than he wanted to spend at that moment. "You... had a calling?" he murmured, ears perking. "Explain further, please."

(3)

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 06/08/2011 6:36 PM

Her ears stood back up, it seems she was out in the clear for the tree. Now he wanted to know about the "calling" was that brought her here. A sheepish smile played on her faces.
"Uh, I'm not so sure about it." She replied.
She really had no idea about what it meant, just this urge to come here. She had hoped it would lead to an explanation of where she came from. Something she had been searching from since she could remember.
"I-I hoped it would lead me to an answer." She added.
She looked down, knowing whoever this was probably thought she was crazy. That's what her sister always said.
"I know I sound like a nut, but I'm not sure if you've noticed, but not all pets like me have antlers." She explained, her voice less tense.
She acted like it had turned into a real conversation the way she opened up to him. And she had to stop for a second to remember she was talking to a mystery beast. Her ears swiveled back again, why was she opening up? She had to stop talking and get out of there.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 06/09/2011 12:34 AM

(Sorry for not replying; my internet went down. D8)

Arano cocked his head. An answer to what? he thought to himself. He would save that question for now. He angled his sensitive ears and listened for her heartbeat. If her pulse was abnormal, she was most likely lying. It seemed steady as she spoke, but once her ears swiveled back, it quickened. He smiled sympathetically in spite of himself. She was frightened. "You are right, not many creatures in this forest sport antlers like yours..." He waved his tails in the air several times, clearing the mist around him, revealing himself and his own set of horns. "Or mine." He narrowed his eyes a bit. "What is your name?"

(4)

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 06/09/2011 3:57 PM

Her ears perked up again as the mist billowed away from the creature. Finally allowing her to see who and what it was. Her eyes widened as she noticed what protruded out of his head.
"Antlers..." She whispered softly.
It was true, sprouting between his own ears were a pair of antlers. Not like hers, but antlers none the less. At that second she didn't feel so alone, not one of a kind.
She stood there, staring at him, as if mesmerized by what she saw. She slowly loosened up, climbing to her feet.
"Wha...Oh, my..my names Frost." She replied, snapping out of her trance.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 06/09/2011 7:50 PM

Arano smiled as her tense posture seemed to loosen. "Charmed," he said, nodding to her now that she was more his height. "It seems the creatures who have seen me have labeled me 'the Spirit of the Wilderness,'" he murmured, staring out into the trees. "But my name is Arano." He flicked his tails toward the forest behind him. "I protect this forest, as well as the other forests that cover Evelon. Roraldi, Tengal... I feel most at home in this one." He turned to her suddenly. "Care for a walk?"

(5)

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 06/11/2011 2:18 PM

Frost listened as he spoke, or was he speaking? His mouth didn't move, she tilted her head, it was quite strange. It was also strange what he told her. She had never heard of a wild Lucain, and one with antlers. Strange, strange, strange.
"Oh, a walk?" She repeated. "Yeah, that would be nice."
She smiled and waited for him to lead. Maybe he could lead her through this fog covered maze.

(( short post is short ))

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 06/14/2011 9:58 AM

Arano smiled and pivoted around, beckoning with his tail. "Follow close behind me," he warned. "The mist in this forest moves in tricky ways." He looked up at the treetops and closed his eyes, listening to the whispers of the trees. They didn't seem to be suspicious of the intruder-- visitor-- anymore. He waved his tails a bit more to clear some of the fog around them, and started walking into the mist.

(6)

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate