A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

.:Fur Won't Keep You Warm:. (P / L)

Postby HunnyBun » 06/25/2011 9:14 PM

"Ow, me 'ead..."
A body emerged from under the thin top layer of snow. He rubbed his forehead as she shook of the cold powder. A dark bruise sat between his two different colored eyes, and it still stung like hell.
He looked around, all he could see was white. An expression of confusion played on his face as he tried to recall what had happened.
His eyes shot open as he remembered, and a chill of worry fell on him. He was afraid of the whereabouts of a young girl he watched over. He remembered the last thing he saw was her being bounded, her calls for him. Then that's when their attackers and struck him, he must have been knocked out. The bruise hurt again, and he shouted lightly at the shock.
"Oh Mookie, I'm so sorry..." He said sadly, shaking his head.
"Sorry for what?" Came a groan from behind him.
He spun around, and out from the snow was a young girl. His face first showed surprise, but it quickly shifted to an unbelieved smile. A cough like chuckle escaped him as he focused on her.
"What? What's the matter?" She asked, looking at him, her eyes wide open. "Do I have something on me face?"
She patted her face to make sure.
"No, no." He chuckled.
Standing up, he walked over to her and held out his hand. She took it and he pulled her up.
"So, where are we--, my god Stotch, you face!" She shouted, spotting the bruise.
She lightly tapped it, and he flinched from the sting.
"Dun touch et!" He growled, shrinking away.
"Sorry..." She apologized lightly. "So..where are we?" She repeated, her voice low.
He growled and gave an annoyed snort. He had scared and upset her, he could tell.
" 'm sorry Mookie, but ya dun go and touch a bruise." He tried to apologize.
"Yeah, I know." She said, kicking some snow into the air.
"Well, et seems we're in da mountains." He examined.
The girl wrapped her arms around her, just realizing the cold. "It's f-freezing."
"Come 'ere." He motioned for her.
She slide over to him and he wrapped her up against his chest inside his trench, trying to help keep her warm.
"We need ta get outta 'ere as fast as we can." He told her, looking around for a way down.

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite
Newcomers to play with us
For many years we've been all alone

.: ~Pen~ :.
.: ~Sales~ :.
.: ~Breeder~ :.
.: ~Imp. Doc~ :.
HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 263
Donate

Re: .:Fur Won't Keep You Warm:. (P / L)

Postby Mousen » 06/26/2011 8:29 PM

Where was he? His first thought was that he must have fallen out of his bed and ended up on the floor, except he was on a stone floor, not a wooden one that smelt of dust and woodworm treatment. Had one of the cows attacked him? As a general rule Collier hated cows, and the animals seemed to know that. One couldn't rule out blood-thirsty cows and the stone floor of the barn-- Wait, scratch that. No straw, nor was there the distinct 'barn' smell. Just... candles? Was he in a church? Mrs. Anderson would kill him if he'd passed out during-- Wait, Mrs. Anderson hadn't stepped outside of her farm in three years, let alone dragged Collier to one of the little meeting-things they used to have there.

So upon deciding that he really couldn't think of anywhere he could be, Collier Boekelman opened a colourless eye and glanced around warily. Oh! That's right. For whatever reason, he'd decided to visit Basantha shrine, only to realize it wasn't a one-day trip. He must have fallen asleep on the floor, only to wake up in the morning completely bewildered and with a crick in his neck. Great.

The young man sat up, pulling lank pale blonde hair out of his eyes. Collier was really too pale for his own good, his eyes were a blank side of grey, and skin seemed to verge on translucent. He might have been able to get away with that, if he was particularly handsome... But he wasn't.

The only colour Collier had was in his attire, if clothes could talk, Collier's would probably be wailing. He wore a mustard-yellow duffle coat, which seemed like at some point during it's life it must have belonged to an elephant of sorts, because it came down to his knees, and the sleeves were much longer than they should have been. Infact, they had already been folded over once, and still it was just past his hands. Collier must have bought the scarf to match the elephant's dufflecoat. Despite being tartan, it was a hideous shade of green and twice as long as it needed to be. It even had the faint outline of a boot print on the edge, where it had obviously been stepped on several times. All in all, you could say that he was an odd looking fellow.

Well, he might as well try and go home. It wasn't like he hand anything better to do.

Several minutes later, in the snow-covered peaks of the mountain, Collier was beginning to fret. He was going the right way, wasn't he? He put his hands into his pockets, only to dig out half a packet of strawberry bonbons. How on earth had he missed those yesterday? It might have something to do with the fact that his pockets could have hid an entire set of the Encyclopaedia Britannica without much trouble, but he wasn't thinking about that at at particular moment. After popping a bonbon into his mouth and sucking it for a moment he decided to go left.

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby HunnyBun » 06/26/2011 9:15 PM

The wind whipped up and violently tore at the trench coat. Causing the girl to shout and curl up closer to her companion.
"Stotch, this is n't working. We need to find shelter." She whined.
He nodded, she was right. It was to cold, and seemed like a storm was coming in. If they were in the open when it did hit, they would be goners. But he didn't say anything, not wanting to worry the little one curled up against him.
"I 'eard 'bout a temple round 'ere, maybe we can find et." He said, looking around.
It was almost impossible to see, seeing as the wind whipped up the loose top layer of snow, creating a white mist. He feared they wouldn't find a place in time, but mostly feared for the well being of his companion. Squinting, he peered through the haze, trying to find something. When he noticed a yellow blur. Assuming it was a flag, like the ones airports used, he started towards it.
Maybe they put a flag up at the temple so that lost wanderers could find their way? Well, that's what he hoped. And so, he pulled the little girl along with him through the cold snow.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 07/01/2011 6:56 PM

When the snow started to seep into his pockets, he realized he had a problem. This clearly wasn't the weather norm up here, there was no way he was going to be able to climb down the mountain with a blizzard like this about to start. That was when Collier noticed a couple of blurry objects through the snow, he tried to focus on them, but all he could see was snow blowing about him.. "Hey! " He shouted, waving his harms frantically, though his voice was soon lost the the storm.

Sure enough, it did seem to be two people. Dragging his feet through the snow, he came within several feet of the the two figures. "Hello?" He said, the faintest trace of a Scottish accent playing around his speech. He spoke like someone who'd spent time there, but hadn't been back in a long while. "I came from the temple, it's... somewhere over there!" As the winds got worse Collier found himself shouting to be heard over it. "I'm," A. Fool? "Collier."

(( Short and faily. x3; <3 ))

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby HunnyBun » 07/01/2011 7:17 PM

A chill ran down his spine as the yellow blur he had seen before turned out to be a person. And worry started to set in on Stotch's thoughts. He heard a whimper from inside his jacket.
"No time fer greetin's, we need ta find shelter now." He shouted over the storm.
He didn't want to spend anymore time in this frozen wasteland, not with his companion wearing unsuitable clothing for the weather.
"Else we freeze!" He added.
The man had pointed back to where he had supposedly come from. And that was better directions than the aimless walking he had been doing.
"Lead da way, lead da way." He finished, motioning to the man to hurry, they were running out of time.
(( It's okay X3 ))

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 07/01/2011 7:30 PM

Collier nodded, though the motion was obscured by his scarf and the snowstorm. Quickly he began to retrace his steps. The snow was softer where he'd been treading moments before, and on occasions his foot prints were still visible. Soon the temple came into view, the young man simply pointed and began to run up the steps.

Inside it was just the same as it had been when he'd set off. Though he could see a young monk washing the floor where he'd fallen asleep. Clearly they didn't want any germs of Collier's on their nice, clean floor. He leant against one of the pillars and sighed, moving soaking wet hair out of his eyes. "Some storm. I shouldn'ta come up here in the firs' place, really." He said, more to himself than anyone else. Infact, he hadn't even turned to look at the people who he'd help lead to shelter yet.

(( I hope it's okay I stuck a little time lapse in there.))

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 07/01/2011 7:43 PM

( Na, it's fine X3 )
Once inside, Stotch had pulled his companion away from the door and frozen walls and deeper into the temple where she could get warm.
"Stay 'ere and warm up." He said to her before walking back to their leader. "Thank ya kind-lay fer leadin' us to da temple."
Stotch held out his hand as he finished.
"Da names Stotch, and dat pretty young lass is March." He introduced.
March just gave him a shy smile before going back to rubbing her hands up and down her arms. She looked around, feeling a bit out of place to all the monks and ancient architecture.
"Ya see, we're really not suppose ta be up 'ere either." Stotch explained to the man, motioning to their clothing. "Dun know 'ow we really got up 'ere anyway."

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 07/02/2011 8:43 PM

"What else was I s'pposed to do? I couldn't leave you to freeze, I mean, freezing isn't exactly, er, a good thing to do." Collier smiled awkwardly before shaking Stotch's hand. "Nice to meet you, er both,I  think I might have mentioned it when we were freezing to death, but I'm Collier Boekelman." The young man couldn't stand his last name, who on earth would want to be cursed with a name like Boekelman, even his mother's maiden name had been better than Boekelman. Still, he was stuck with it and he wouldn't make it different by moaning about it.

"That's odd. I tend to just go places when I'm upset, and I've fallen asleep in forests and stuff before." And caught pneumonia because of said forest. "But I usually know how I got there, even if I'm not sure what possessed me to go there in the firs' place." Basil, a friend of Collier's, usually did his best to keep the young man out of trouble, so far it hadn't worked. "What happened to you guys, if you don't mind me askin'?"

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 07/02/2011 8:58 PM

The mans hand disappeared within his large fluff of hair as he scratched his head. He wasn't quite sure, but he had an itching feeling as to what might have happened. Though he knew he couldn't say anything about it.
"I tink it might be we messed with da wrong people at da wrong time." He replied, trying not to put to much information into it.
March walked up, her arms crossed.
"Yeah, look at that shiner he's got." She motioned, a slight chuckle.
He gave her an unamused expression.
"Anyway," he started, looking away from her, " 'ow long ya tink dis storm will last?" He asked, looking out to see it raging on.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 07/10/2011 5:46 PM

"Ah." Said Collier simply. During his work with Basil, he'd come across more than one person who'd done exactly that. Basil was a private detective that had hired Collier as something of a apprentice. In any case, the young man had proven himself to be more than helpful on various occasions.

He nodded at March. "That is a nasty bruise, all considered you're both probably rather lucky. I mean, things could have easily been alot worse." Urk, now he was sounding like Basil, minus the slight misplacement of words and the constantly blank expression.

"The storm? No idea, Stotch. One started blowing up after I got here and it must have finished sometime during the night, so it could be a few hours yet, we could always ask the monks." Collier paused for a moment before adding. "You might want to to ask, I think I offended them by falling alseep on their floor yesterday." Er, oops?

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate