The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

The Alpha Of The Omegas (E)(P) [Finished]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/25/2012 9:05 PM

ImageImage

Thire got up from where he had been lying, and shook himself. He ached all over. That had been one hell of a beating, he could feel every muscle in his body screaming. Just because he was an illegitimate offspring of the most notorious lecher in Evelon! He hadn't really cared when the kid called him a bastard, but he had lost his mother only last week, and for the kid to call her a whore... It had been too much to bear. So he had lashed out, and paid the price, for that kid was bigger and stronger, and hit a hell of a lot harder... Oh yeah. And he had friends to help him.

{1}
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2056
Donate

Re: [HUNT]ing for a good time (E)(P)

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/25/2012 10:12 PM

Friends, people, help... things Thire didn't have. Family, food, money... the list went on and on. When he was at home, he lay on the floor and mused, thinking about his mother. She had left too soon, though that's not to say he couldn't survive, he was just so terribly lonely. At times he would wish she had stayed with him. At times, he would wish she had taken him with her. And there were times when he wished she hadn't had him at all.

{2}
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/26/2012 11:06 AM

Day in, day out it was the same old story. Go to market. Scavenge through the fallen bits. Go to the rainforest. Get what food he could. Go home and store most of the food (not that there was a lot of it). Eat a little. Go out and get picked on. Get into a fight. Get beaten up. Go home. Lick his wounds. It didn't help that he spent most of his time in anthro form.

{3}

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/26/2012 8:40 PM

Thire sighed, and opened his eyes. It was another morning, another day of fighting to survive. He didn't even know why he bothered, to be honest. It would have been so much easier to just lie down, and never get up again... But eventually he would need to go to the bathroom, and he would get hungry. He sighed again, and shrugged off the blanket. Yup, just another day without mom.

{4}

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/26/2012 8:50 PM

The streets were empty as Thire slipped out with his bag. He would hit the pens today, they were selling off livestock, and there were usually a few eggs to be had when no-one was looking. He was just getting close, when some older boys turned round and warned him off with gestures. Apparently they had had the same idea. He decided, then, to hit the rainforest now, before the heat of the day really set in. There were plenty of edibly fungi around, he reasoned, even if they did taste like something that came out of a rubbish tip...

{5}

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/30/2012 5:12 PM

Thire pulled himself out of the dirt again, and began to lick his wounds. His fur was dirty and smeared with blood. That guy had really laid into him, he hadn't pulled his punches. Thire gave a grim smirk as he stood up. Too bad he hadn't either, and the lad now had a broken femur.

{6}

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/30/2012 5:16 PM

He went home, and pulled out his mother's first aid kit. A lot of the plants in it were what he had found helped through trial and error. He smiled to himself, thinking of his childhood dreams. He had always maintained that he would get them out of this hole, and when he did, he would become a doctor in medecai city. His face fell. With mum gone, there was no way he could make it on his own, no way to earn enough to pay for medical tuition.

{7}

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/30/2012 5:38 PM

He bandaged himself up as best he could with the sparse supplies he had left. Sighing, he picked up his knife and sack. It was time to go back into the rainforest. He steeled himself as he walked out the door. He knew exactly what he would find there.

{8}

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/30/2012 5:44 PM

He crouched close to the ground, and listened carefully. This was very dangerous territory; a wild battleheart lived here, and was very protective of it's territory. But this was, unfortunately, one of the only places in the rainforest where the niflink root grew. It also happened to be the only one that was less than a day's trek from the Slums. And let's face it, no-one wants to get caught in the Tengel rainforest at night.

{9}

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/30/2012 5:49 PM

He remembered all the stories his mother used to tell him. Of moonlings, and Nyghtmares, and battles, and heroes... He always wanted to be one of those heroes. His mother had made it very clear his father was no hero. Thire shook himself; he didn't want to start thinking of his father when he had to be quick and quiet.

{10}

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/30/2012 5:53 PM

He ran lightly to the bush, and sliced off some of the roots. He worked quickly, as he wasn't sure when the battleheart would return, and he really didn't want to get caught by it. He had seen what battlehearts could do to people... It was one more reason he had wanted to plant a medicinal herb garden. But they only had a few plots, and they had needed to grow food... Thire grimaced as he remembered his mother's heartbreak when they had found all the food stolen and the plots laced with salt...

{11}

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/30/2012 5:56 PM

He shoved everything he had cut into his bag, and retreated. Next stop was the top of a waterfall where the Otoli bush grew. He needed to get the leaves, and the berries from this one. He thought about his mother's herbology lessons as he walked. Still, he made sure to stay aware of the sounds of the forest, just in case.

{12}

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/30/2012 5:59 PM

The Otoli was easy, he thought, once he reached the top. True, he had to walk along a ridge that was as narrow as his paws and was slippery from the falls. But that was easy compared to his next destination. The moonling hunting ground, with it's rich fallia bushes and toccain trees. He forced away the shivers, and kept walking.

{13}

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/30/2012 6:02 PM

He crept into the glade quietly, looking about. His bag was beginning to get heavy, with it's glass jars of berries. He stifled the rattling as best he could and sneaked over to the trees. Pulling out his knife, he set to scraping off as much bark as he could, catching it in the bag as he went. He then stabbed the trunk, and caught the pouring sap in a jar. He pulled out his knife, and plugged the hole with a piece of bark, knowing it would seal itself.

{14}

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/30/2012 6:44 PM

He then skittered over to the bushes, and pulled out his last berry jar. Stuffing it full, he screwed on the cap before returning it to the bag. Using his knife, he stripped as many leaves as his bag could hold off the bushes. Closing it afterwards, he heard sounds of movement amongst the trees... Moonlings! He forced the panic down, and ran as fast and as quietly as he could out of the clearing.

{15}

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next