Whenever we have a contest, it will be here! =D Good luck! Users may also hold their own 'Evelon-related' contests here as well in the sub forum, but remember that you can only give away things that you rightfully own!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Contest Central

.:Description Submission Competition:.

Postby Kyrit » 07/27/2014 5:27 PM

When pets are released, often times they are released without any description for the species so the staff can get them out as quickly as possible or simply because they ran out of time to do descriptions before the deadline. Have you ever thought, "Some day I'd love to get to write the description for a pet when they come out"? Well if you have, this (hopefully) reoccurring contest is just for you! This initial contest will be a test-run to see if such a reoccurring contest would be a good idea, as well as to help us catch up on a few remaining pets that are lacking descriptions.

~*Rules*~

• You may submit 1 entry per pet that is listed below.
• Please submit all entries to landsofevelon@gmail.com so all members of the staff can access them without users possibly feeling their entries are better or worse than others. Title your email Contest Entry.
• All entries need to be at max 500 characters in length.
• Try not to use 'biased' assumptions ("These cute Slynx are amazing creatures", we're trying to move away from this).
• Little to no superstition or 'beliefs' unless they are steeped in history or legend.
• When using numeric numbers, be sure to give the United States customary units (feet, pounds, gallons, ect) and metric units (meters, liters, grams, ect) since we have users from around the world.
• If a pet has suggested guideline information, not all of it has to make its way in, though these are the artist's general thoughts on the pet while they were making them.
• Capitalize pet names
• Little to no references to real world animals. Uses of things like 'birds' or 'fish', but not like 'chickens' or 'sailfish' respectively.
• The Evelon gmail will be checked regularly and if a description is found that we instantly like, we will announce the use of that description so users do not keep sending descriptions of that pet. That said, the contest officially ends on August 31, at midnight (0:00). We hope to have fitting descriptions before then though.

~*Prizes*~

• For every description chosen, you will be awarded 50 Keystones
• For every description not chosen, you will be awarded 10 Keystones for your effort to help.

~*The Pets*~

Rockhopper Alluria
- Based on rockhopper/macaroni penguins

Rockhopper Pingune
- Based on rockhopper/macaroni penguins

Slime Snicky
- Poisonous

Crystal Slydra
- Refer to Crystalline Hisper's bio

Emerald Gruss
- Lives deep within the bowels of the earth, claws developed for digging.
- Eat minerals which has helped their spines harden, so stronger than a regular gruss.
- Live in small colonies underground. Act like rams, butt heads for dominance, also can use them to chase off hungry Akail

Mouse Mus
- Colors inspired by a Razer gaming mouse
- Known to hijack computers to take over games by plugging their tails in

Drawstring Meji

Rangifer Kasuga
-Lives high in the northern parts of Evelon
-Is rare to spot on outside of the long winter months
-Swift and fast that they are able to hover though said to fly around during the week of Christmas but no one has seen them doing so.
-Said to bring gifts at Christmas to children and adults who wish hard enough.

Cocoa Bruma

Gilded Kuchi Nagi
- Refer to scavenger hunt task 9

Paras Lubshi
- Refer to Paras Shii description
- Based on the Parasaurolophus dinosaur

Pachy Lubshi
- Refer to Pachy Shii description
- Based on the Pachycephalosaurus dinosaur
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1585
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 08/27/2014 11:37 AM

I'd like to give an update on this contest, though I'm afraid there isn't much to update. So far the majority of the pets listed have only had a single entry sent in. Granted we can easily go with said entry, and we will if there are no other entries for those pets, but this is a competition. The most any pet has so far is two entries, which leaves me a bit sad honestly. I thought this would be an easy way for users to earn a bit of keystones while helping Evelon out as well.

There are still a few more days left for those that would like to send in entries. I would like to thank those that have sent in entries so far.
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: .:Description Submission Competition:.

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/28/2014 7:44 PM

I have a question regarding the character limit. When it says, "500 characters," is it 500 characters with spaces or without spaces? (Spaces being counted is totally wrecking some of my character counts. xD;)

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 08/29/2014 1:15 AM

I'd say without spaces is fine. That rule was actually put in for certain reasons, and then I learned those reasons actually don't concern these pets. As long as your submission isn't exceptionally long it'll be considered at this point.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 09/08/2014 7:53 PM

This contest has come to an end, and I'm happy to say that each pet managed to end up with at least two entries. The chosen descriptions have been added the the appropriate sections of the Forum Obtainable Pets Records and all Keystones have been distributed. I would like to thank all that entered, no matter if you won or not. Every description written by you guys meant a little less time on our part, which does help out.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate