Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

Etherized [M | Probably E] [P, Zap & I]

Postby Mousen » 11/26/2014 2:58 PM

The evening buzz was a mix of raucous laughter, yelling and loud music. No one really expected Nabias, out on the edge of nowhere, to have a a scene like this, but when you threw together large amounts of people, copious amounts of alcohol and areas that could only be described as the "bad side" of town, it became an inevitability.

Nika slipped through the chaos like a ghost. They fitted in remarkably well, unnoticeable from the crowd. In their short, too short dress and heels it was difficult to see them as anything but entirely feminine, which was exactly what Nika wanted. They were frighteningly thin, with short, dark hair and lips painted a violent crimson. Tonight, Nika could feel the beat of the music rather than hear it, mixing with the voices and the shouting, it became a steady pulse, a heart beat. It made Nika feel sick with anticipation.

Dodging into an alleyway Nika lent against the cool bricks, feeling them scratch against their shoulders. They raised a hand up to their face, to check if they were shaking. They were not. Nika's hands had never been more steady. They sighed softly, pulling their attention away from everything else so they could focus on the task at hand.

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Re: Etherized [M | Probably E] [P, Zap & I]

Postby zapdragon555 » 11/26/2014 7:00 PM

Cyril did not usually frequent these types of places. But then again, spontaneity wasn't so much the spice of life as a necessity for him. He needed to be constantly moving, shifting, amorphous, but hardly even consciously so. If Cyril were too conscious of it, it would suggest that he was trying to be someone other than who he truly was, and that simply was not the case. The fact of the matter was, Cyril was ever changing, ever different. It came with the job description of being an artist such as himself. Only the memorable artists left signatures, left styles behind them. Cyril did not intend to be memorable to the general public, but quite the opposite. It made movement far easier.

Of course, then, it raised the question: why hang out in a crowd like this? Admittedly, Cyril was a bit starved. Not for food, of course. It was easy enough to find places to eat around here, and he had more than enough money to spare. No, Cyril was starved for art. For entertainment. It had been far too long since his last kill, and he was growing bored. Antsy. Tediousness didn't suit Cyril, and it never had, especially not when it came to dancing around meetings and conferences despite his father's tight leash...

Ah, but that was a thing of the past. Cyril smiled to himself, folding his hands behind his back as he walked down the sidewalk, the loud sounds of the various surrounding bars and subsequent barfights not harrying him in the slightest. No, the real reason that Cyril was here was to find a quick, easy fix. Not much cleanup, no family members to worry about... this was the area of society where the castoffs landed. The throwaways. Easy, simple pickings for the likes of Cyril, but first he would have to read them just a bit. One still couldn't be too careful in these parts; a slip up could be utter disaster. Or, really, just a few more gallons of blood. Cyril didn't particularly mind extra work, but at the same time, he wasn't interested in getting himself tangled up right then.

[I promise not all of my posts will be this long pffft.]

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Mousen » 11/28/2014 6:53 AM

Nika allowed a small smile to grace their features. This was their atmosphere, where they belonged. Though they had often fought against it, tried to deny their true nature (if not deny, then at least sugar-coat it, make it more palatable) but it was inevitable. Nika had long come to the conclusion that they were nothing more than this. A killer among crooks and whores.

Heh. There was no point in being too dramatic. Nika tried to save that for the poetry, and it worked all right. They'd been published in a couple of magazines, nothing fancy. It added some pocket money to the wages they got from waitressing. After all, it wasn't as if they were paid for doing this.

Stepping out of the alley, Nika's expression became one of interest and excitement. They looked like a normal woman out for a good time. They walked through the crowd, glancing left and right, not quite sure what they were looking for.

Nika's attention was momentarily gained by a group of clearly drunk young men. They were flirting with a group of girls, obviously trying to impress them. The girls seemed more intimidated than impressed. Perhaps- Oh! Nika's shoulder made contact with someone trying pass by them. They teetered on their heels, having to grab onto the other person's arm in order to stop themselves from falling.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry, I didn't see you there! I'm so ditzy sometimes. This is before I've even had anything to drink, can you imagine?" They laughed, sheepishly, letting go of the stranger's arm and looking up at them.

((For some reason cheery!Nika creeps me out more than creepy!Nika. heheh.))

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby zapdragon555 » 11/28/2014 9:50 PM

((Ehehe they're so lovely omg. ;v;))

Cyril's eyes went wide, his entire body jumping to tenseness as someone grabbed onto his arm, and he blinked rapidly at the woman... at least, he thought it was a woman, but now that he faced the person, he wasn't entirely sure... clinging to his sleeve. Immediately a warm, polite smile spread over his face, practiced from many years, and he gently waved the person's apologies away with a hand. "No need to apologize; it was me who bumped into you like that. I'm terribly sorry, I suppose I've been a bit... distracted, tonight, ah..." he trailed off, looking the person over with a flicker of his eyes, and he raised an interested eyebrow. No, there was definitely something, some very small something that told Cyril this wasn't an individual he could easily categorize. "Could I ask your name?" he asked, tilting his head with a small smile, pausing on the sidewalk to face the stranger. Whoever they were, they had a pretty face that seemed to hold an air of mysterious intrigue to them that made Cyril want to do more than simply with them a good night and be on his way. Introductions weren't a bad idea, at least, though Cyril never was terribly good at small talk.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Mousen » 11/29/2014 5:56 AM

There was... something about this stranger. Nika's green eyes met their's for a moment, as if trying to find an answer. Had they met before, somewhere? It was like... deja vu, something not quite familiar, but certainly recognizable. Nika blinked and looked away as Cyril spoke. "You should be careful, then. There's a lot of unsavory types around here, but I suppose that's a bit hypocritical of me, huh? Then again, I am a local. I can tell you're not, I'd have noticed you before." They tapped their temple. "I have a great memory for faces." Which was all the more reason why Nika found it strange that the man in front of them seemed... Well, Nika wasn't even sure.

Certainly, it'd be worth investigating further. It wouldn't do to let one like this disappear into the crowd. "You may," they said, raising an eyebrow and giggling slightly. "Sorry, I'm Nika Gare." Looking around, Nika realized that people were trying to pass by them, they were in the way. "Oh, I can barely hear you in this crowd." They moved into the shadow of an alleyway, just out of the way, but still in view of the main street. They gestured for Cyril to do the same.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 11/29/2014 6:17 PM

Nika Gare. Well, that provided no hints. And, Cyril supposed with a small smirk, maybe it wasn't supposed to. "Unsavory types?" he echoed them, his expression taking on one of a gentle smugness that suggested nothing past the attitude of a self assured city boy, regardless of the expression's true meaning. "Well, you haven't anything to worry about there. And you have quite the memory, it seems; do you keep tabs on everyone here?"

Cyril blinked at their suggestion, then smiled with a small shrug. "Ah, yes, forgive me. That may be better," he murmured, following Nika to the alleyway and pausing where the light from the streetlamp faded to black, only half of him illuminated in the dim alley. "Mm... so you do live here, then? Nearby? It seems like a rather dangerous place," Cyril suggested, leaning a shoulder against the brick with an open, lidded-eyed expression on his face.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 11/30/2014 8:50 AM

"Oh, you know," Nika said slowly, looking up at Cyril through their lashes. "Muggers, pickpockets, even murderers. It's a wonder you haven't ran across one of them already. In fact, it's probably lucky that you've ran into me, who knows what you could have stumbled across in this part of town... I'm sorry, I'm such a tease." They laughed, and brushed their hair away from their face. "Even for me, keeping tabs on everyone would be too much. Only the interesting ones."

This was definitely the one they'd been looking for. The knife was in their bag. Sharp, far too sharp, slightly curved at the end, perfect for...

No. Not yet. They were getting carried away. The man in front of them was obviously much stronger than they were, the only way to do this was to catch him off guard. They'd have to wait. Besides, he was rather... he was something, at any rate.

"Its not far. You can walk from here. It's a little dangerous, of course, but you learn to live with it." Nika wondered vaguely where this line of questioning was leading. There was no way he was going to learn to exact address. They'd made that mistake too many times. "Ah. It seems I've forgotten something. You know my name, but I don't know your's."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 12/04/2014 12:25 PM

Murderers? In a place like this? Cyril would have been surprised had he not been so delighted. Killing was a hobby, an art form to Cyril; but killing other murderers? Well, now that was a sport. A tiny thrill of excitement visibly ran up Cyril's spine at those words, and he blinked to attention, focusing on this new person, and what an interesting person they were. In all honesty, Cyril didn't want to kill this one. They likely had far too many connections regardless, if they kept so many 'tabs' on the 'interesting ones.'

And then, there was the delicacy of this stranger's build. Cyril was fairly sure this person must have been very lucky to 'learn to live with' a place like this. He blinked once at their question, then smiled coolly, an apologetic note in his voice. "Ahh, yes... That's rather rude of me, isn't it." This person was dangerous if they were one to remember faces and names. Cyril couldn't afford that, really, regardless of Nabias being quite far from Medicai, but his father's eyes were everywhere. He simply couldn't afford it. "And I'm afraid I'll continue to be rude. It's a bit of a secret, my name."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 12/17/2014 4:58 PM

Nika's eyebrows rose when Cyril refused to give their name, though the small smile playing on their lips didn't disappear. If his goal had been to make Nika find him even more fascinating, he'd certainly achieved it. "If I'd known you were going to be this coy, I might have refused to give my own name on principle. It would have made for an amusing conversation..." They trailed off, looking distant for a moment or two, whatever line of thought they were following had taken them away from the here and now.

"Oh, forgive me. I was just thinking," It would have been so easy for them to reveal themselves, to push and question them, to see if they could figure something out about Cyril. But, to do that would be to give the game away. There would be no chance of the man letting his guard down after that. "Why bother telling me at all? I would have accepted any likely-sounding fake name you gave me."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 12/19/2014 2:34 PM

Cyril's eyebrows had barely risen with amusement at Nika's words, and he chuckled, shrugging one shoulder. "I don't fancy lying," he murmured, leaning a shoulder against the brick of the alleyway as he looked Nika over once, twice, as if still trying to figure something out, to no avail. What an enigmatic person, this Nika was. At the very least, he knew their name, but what with that whole spiel, Cyril wondered if they'd given him a fake name themself. "I never lie, really, if I can truly help it. Especially not to a stranger. First impressions are very important, wouldn't you say?" he said with an almost pointed smile, as if to visibly question the validity of everything Nika had told him so far.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 01/14/2015 5:56 PM

Nika shrugged, and there was something slightly defensive in the gesture. As though Cyril hadn't quite touched a nerve, but more or less identified where it lay. "Personally, I'm not very fond of first impressions. People categorize first impressions, they assume. Which is useful of course, since it's so easy to make people see what they want to see," They gestured to their short, black dress. "But, there are times when you'd rather them see the truth." Well, this was miles away from the cheery, ditzy persona they'd had when first bumping into Cyril.

They were perhaps giving away too much here, if he had been puzzling over their gender, as most people did, he would perhaps come to the conclusion that it was more complicated a question than one initially imagined. It wasn't a bad thing, but somehow Nika resented loosing the mystique.

"If you're wondering, I have no reason to lie to you. I probably would if I had reason to, but it's not my preference either." They were definitely giving too much away, too much of themselves, their true colours. But, to feign ignorance once the mask had already slipped, to go back to cheerful giggling would be all the more false.

((I'm sad, Nika does whatever they want in terms of actual characterization, I can't seem to get them to keep up any of their facades. Goddammit, Nika. :c ))

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 01/16/2015 1:17 PM

[Aww pfft. xD! Idk in my experience if a character makes your character act just a little bit OOC out of your control, that means it's a good match ohoho. xD]

Cyril blinked as he watched Nika's giggly, lighthearted guise melt away like wax, and his eyes grew more focused, more interested about this person. His eyes followed Nika's gesture to the dress, which clued him in on something. Were they saying they actually identified a man? No, it felt much more complicated than that. Far different. Cyril's eyes flickered slightly, and he turned his attention back to their face, barely tilting his head. "It isn't my job to intrude. But... I suppose I am wondering, yes. I'd prefer to see of you as you choose to be seen, and at the moment, it's a bit too foggy for me to pinpoint." He glanced out the alleyway for a moment, a slight flick of his blue gaze at the streetlamps that barely framed both of their faces, and he looked back at Nika, leaning down just a bit to their level, an almost knowing smile on his face. "Of course, I would prefer not to force you to do anything. I'm not exactly an open book either."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 01/17/2015 5:42 PM

Cyril had been careful from the start, never assuming that Nika was one thing when they were not. It was how they would choose to be treated given the choice, which, in some way made what they were intending to do a lot more difficult. Damn. Could they, when faced with the opportunity end the life of someone who, if not understood, then accepted people like them? They were few in number as was.

But their fingers itched.

Ending their current train of thought, they seemed to consider the question. "Usually, that's the idea, to make people unsure. It stops them from assuming, and typically they're too polite to ask directly. It's not that I mind people knowing, it just stops awkward questions..." They sighed, as if steeling themselves. Though they were happy with the way they identified, something about admitting it aloud always made them a touch nervous. "Since you asked, I'm genderfluid. They/them pronouns, if we're being entirely specific."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 01/19/2015 5:35 PM

Cyril picked up on the almost nervous air coming off of Nika, and had been so focused on it that their admittance hadn't phased him whatsoever. He blinked as he realized what they'd said, and he blinked slowly, then nodded his head with a small, easy smirk. "I knew you were far too interesting to be so easily figured out," he murmured, his voice almost soft, before it rose again back to his normal, deep tone. "That was quite personal of me. So it's my turn. Cyril Pearcival," he began, his eyes flickering over their face. "That's my name." He could only hope that Nika either had not heard of him, or didn't care about the ransom that hovered over his head like a guillotine, and one that Cyril himself held the rope to. With his revelation to Nika, he let the rope slip only a little bit. That is, if they had heard of him.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 02/11/2015 7:04 PM

Nika tilted their head to the side. It was perhaps the closest thing they'd ever received to a compliment concerning their identity. Not that you really could compliment someone on their gender- it was a rather silly thought- but Nika would take "interesting", it wasn't as if it was untrue, after all. "How sweet, thank you."

Oh. Nika hadn't been expecting that. If they had been telling them the truth about their name, then it was quite the gesture for them to reveal it like that. Unless the secret was only of worth if you knew the man more personally, that or he could ensure that Nika couldn't reveal his secret. An interesting thought. Speaking of interesting, that name rang a bell somewhere. So did he, as a matter of fact. Nika searched his memory for a moment, and turned up blank. Perhaps he was a minor celebrity of some sort... Hm. It was no good either way, they couldn't remember.

"It's nice to meet you, Cyril. Your name does sound vaguely familiar to me, I can't place it, though." They shrugged. "Maybe we have a mutual friend." Nika kept to themselves for the most part, but it wasn't out of the question they'd heard the name from an acquaintance once.

(( So late. Sorry. :cccc ))

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next