Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

.:Redemption's Not That Far:. [P: Zap] M:E

Postby Middy » 03/06/2015 12:10 AM

Continued from here
#617a88

"First, I will begin by showing you to your room, so you have a good idea on where you will be sleeping," he needed to reaffirm that he was not going to be staying at some closed off prison, but rather a home where he could live comfortably. His living quarters weren't too far away from his office, just up a small flight of stairs and into the larger part of the building. Alder made sure to check behind him now and then to see if Myung was still okay with being led to his private quarters.

Feeling as though everything was fine, Alder opened the door and entered his house. "Here we are, I can either show you to your room first, or let you look around on your own," he turned and smiled at the other, just happy that he was able to get him to agree on staying with him in his house. Now, he could begin to help him in earnest.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Re: .:Redemption's Not That Far:. [P: Zap] M:E

Postby zapdragon555 » 03/06/2015 12:49 AM

Myung-Dae's fingers tightened on Alder's instinctively as they entered a new space, and his eyes went a little wide as they flicked around the room. Somehow, he thought it fit Alder, from what little he knew of him; the main room was easy on the eyes, and functional, but still with an air of expensive worth. Very strange... but Myung-Dae figured he could get used to it.

"I... might look around myself," he murmured, then slowly slipped his hand off of Alder's admittedly flushing just a tiny bit. He turned away to hide the color in his cheeks, beginning to walk confidently into the center of the room and looking around. He felt very out of place in the large room, and he flicked his eyes over couches, a fireplace, warm lighting, a kitchen nearby... It was a lot to take in, so suddenly. He decided to poke his head into the kitchen first, hoping the sound of his stomach growling wasn't too noticeable.

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Middy » 03/06/2015 7:02 PM

Alder breathed a sigh in relief, feeling as though more and more progress was being made the longer Myung stayed with him. Sure, he never really had a patient stay in his home before, but this was a special case to begin with. "Okay then. You have free reign around my house, feel free to look wherever you want so you become more acquainted," now that he had the man agreeing to stay, a phone-call would need to be made.

Due to his influence, he was confident that they would release Myung into his custody. If they refused however, then he would need to pull some strings to force them to agree. He had done it before, and he could do it again.

For now he would just relax before doing so, and maybe meet Myung in the kitchen. Apparently, the boy was looking for something to eat? If that were the case he could feed him. Alder followed him in with a calm smile, "If you are hungry, I could cook something for you."
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 03/06/2015 10:16 PM

Myung-Dae jumped slightly and straightened up as Alder walked up behind him. He turned around to face the doctor, eyeing him a little warily, then seemed to relax a bit. "Yeah, I'm... kinda hungry," he murmured, admitting the obvious from his noisy stomach. He glanced back at the kitchen, then walked further in and stood off to the side, not really wanting to get in Alder's way. At least not yet. He eyed a rack of knives on the counter, fixated on them for a moment before he blinked out of his thoughts and looked back at Alder. "Thank you. I'd... like that."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Middy » 03/09/2015 7:29 PM

Alder tried his best to remain calm around Myung, despite being in a room that had sharp objects. The boy wouldn't try to attack him in his sleep would he? If he did, then he was quite thankful that he didn't require that much sleep for a good nights rest. "Is there anything in particular that you would like to eat? I keep a variety of things in my kitchen, so just let me know," Alder made his way to the refrigerator to take a glance at what he had in there.

Hmm, looks like he still had a lot of fruit and vegetables and some chicken left over from an earlier meal, well, what he ate as a human. Thankfully anything to sate his monster side was away from the home, hidden away from prying eyes. Yes, he would need to make a mental note to never hurt Myung even if the convict did turn aggressive. There were other ways to handle him, non-violent ways.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 03/09/2015 11:31 PM

Myung-Dae twitched slightly as Alder addressed him, unable to keep his eyes from wandering over the knife rack, and he finally shook his head with an agitated air. "No, anything's fine," he mumbled, suddenly moving out of the kitchen. "I'll be in here," he added hurriedly, darting over to the couch and sitting down gingerly. He bounced slightly to test the softness of the couch--it was indeed softer than the one in Alder's office; perhaps it was used more.

Slow breaths, deep breaths. Myung-Dae touched his fingertips to his chest as his light eyes darted around the room, taking another moment to observe. He supposed Alder would want a bit of space anyway, and Myung-Dae figured space would be good for himself as well. He wondered where his room was; curiosity suddenly gently nipped away at the hunger in his stomach, though he knew it would only come back full force once he started smelling the food.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 03/11/2015 6:51 PM

Alder could see very well what Myung was looking at. Yes, he was indeed focused on the knife rack which did raise some concern in the psychologist. However, he seemed to have enough self control to dart out of the kitchen and away from the object of his darker desires. Well, hopefully he could calm down out there instead of giving into impulse.

Hmm, now the matter was now on what to fix for the both of them. Admittedly, he was hungry as well so he would need to cook something big enough for two. He dug around in his cabinets, eyeing a few packages of udon noodles. Ah that would be it, some traditional udon noodle soup. He smirked and grabbed them, then went to get the other ingredients he would require.

Simple enough, his mother was Japanese so he would just use her famous recipe. Shouldn't take too long to cook everything up and serve it with a side of rice. Would Myung appreciate this kind of food? He wasn't... quite sure on his tastes, he was Korean so the flavors were similar in some ways.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 03/11/2015 9:52 PM

Myung-Dae had grown restless, beginning to pace about the living room. He paused at the fireplace, frowning slightly at the fire poker hanging beside it, and quickly removed himself from that place, instead crossing the floor to look at a painting on the wall. He tilted his head at it, slowly moving to sit on the back part of the couch, his light weight balancing carefully on it. It wasn't long before the smell of food was wafting through the air, and he sniffed, his eyes growing a little wide as his stomach growled loudly. He wanted to get a little closer to the source of the smell, at least...

He padded into the kitchen, peering at Alder's back while he cooked, studying him for a long moment. He crept up behind him, poking his head around Alder's shoulder to peer at the food, his hands fidgeting at his chest as he sniffed the air around it curiously. Oh, that smelled really good...

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 03/13/2015 7:01 PM

The soup was nearing completion, and from his taste tests... was coming along far better than he had expected. Alder added just a few more spices here and there to amp up the flavor, then checked on the rice which was now on full steam. He went back to check on the noodles, which were now at a fine thickness and softness that told him it was done. Alder turned off the heat and turned around to tell Myung that food was ready, only to see that he was already behind him.

"Oh! You are already in here, well.. lunch is ready so help yourself," he smiled and stepped aside, digging in one of the wall cabinets for some bowls and setting them down on the counter. Then, he got out some chopsticks and silverware, letting his guest decide for himself what he wanted to use. "I hope you like it."
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 03/14/2015 11:34 AM

Myung-Dae stared owlishly at the food in the bowls, his stomach growling loudly, and he hurriedly picked up a pair of chopsticks and a spoon, gathering the three pieces in his hand and picking up a bowl with the other. He glanced around, then padded over to the table and set his things down, climbing into one of the chairs and perching on it like some feral animal. He quickly picked up his utensils and began gathering some noodle onto the chopsticks, twirling them against the spoon with a practiced speed, then froze. Suspicion crept into his mind, and he paused for a long moment, moving his eyes to Alder, waiting for the other to eat first. Just in case something was funny with the food, which there probably wasn't, but the voice of Myung-Dae's paranoia said that he couldn't quite trust Alder just yet. Even if he had held him as he'd cried.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 03/16/2015 6:27 PM

The psychologist wasted no time digging into his meal, surprised that he was so hungry after-all. He gave a couple of glances towards his guest, wondering why he wasn't eating. Wait, Myung proved to be the paranoid type, so did he think he poisoned the food? Well, it simply wasn't true, and with how he was eating his own meal would cement the idea that is was perfectly safe.

More thoughts crept into his head, like how would the night play out? Would Myung try to escape, or would he think of harming him? A part of him wanted to lock his door when he went to bed to ensure his own safety, but on the other hand, he wanted to instill trust between the two. That meant... keeping his room unlocked. Again, he was thankful that he didn't need as much sleep as a normal human anymore, he would be awake for a long while until his guest passed out for sure.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 03/16/2015 6:54 PM

Myung-Dae's eyes widened in surprise as Alder began eating immediately, and after a moment of observing he snatched up his own utensils and began rapidly shoving food into his mouth, looking just about half starved with the speed at which he was eating. He swallowed with difficulty, letting out a huff of air, then went for more, finishing the bowl in what was probably a slightly unhealthy amount of time. He froze for a moment, his eyes staring down at the broth left in the bowl, and his eyes softened, a content sigh coming out of him. "Sorry," he said after a moment, more as a cover all for both his paranoia and his sloppy eating. He rubbed his mouth on the back of his hand, then dipped his spoon into the broth and drank some of it, far slower than his previous eating. "This is very good... thank you."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 03/16/2015 7:19 PM

Alder smiled once Myung began to dig into his food, more like a ravenous animal than anything. Well, that at least told him that he liked his food, and got the idea that it wasn't poison. "No need to apologize, also, thank you," once he was sure Myung was done with his meal, he took their dishes back into the kitchen and plopped them into the sink. He didn't feel like cleaning up for a change, all he wanted now was some rest.

---Night

The doctor had shown Myung to one of the guest rooms, before bidding him goodnight. He had planned on staying awake longer just to keep an eye on him, but for some reason he was especially tired that night. If Myung did decide to attack him, he would at least spring into action. Thank goodness he was such a light sleeper.

He changed into his black silk pajamas, not caring if it was a bit feminine or not. Men could enjoy silk too as far as he was concerned! With yawn he slipped under the covers, and once his head hit the pillow he was out like a light.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 03/16/2015 8:09 PM

Myung-Dae felt very out of place in the guest room. It was clean, and quiet, and the feeling of high quality sheets against his skin felt oppressive. He'd finally decided to sleep on top of the covers, curled into a small ball near the center of the bed with his limbs folded at odd angular positions. Sleep did not come easy, perhaps because he believed it wouldn't. But when he finally did fall asleep, Myung-Dae deeply wished he had just stayed awake.

The first thing he was acutely aware of were cold shackles around his wrists and throat. Chains, too rusted by water to clink, the dank air of the prison filled with the breath of far too many people, too many people, and suddenly it was lights out in the prison. Oh, was it already sleeping time? Myung-Dae couldn't remember the last time he'd felt the sun. Bodies pressed in on him from all sides of the concrete room, a deep claustrophobia rising up like bile in the back of his throat and he needed to run, needed to scream, and before he could stop himself he was screaming and wailing and clawing at flesh and ragged clothes until he was dragged from the room and thrown somewhere bright, too bright too bright now oh he couldn't see, he couldn't--

A whip sliced across Myung-Dae's back, the metal tips sending a screech of pain from him, which didn't seem to deter the enforcer much at all. As Myung-Dae screamed his throat raw he was barely aware of the man behind him reciting the rules of the prison behind him. Don't disobey the enforcers; don't cause a disturbance; don't harm other prisoners; no noise after lights out--crack, crack, CRACK--

Myung-Dae shot up in bed, a tangle of legs and whimpering gasps, staring at the shadowy wall in a cold sweat. He swallowed, or tried to, but found his throat so dry from breathing so hard during the nightmare that he couldn't. Alder, he should... he should find Alder. He didn't want to be alone in that room. He didn't want that, no, no no no...

He staggered off the bed, limbs shaking with adrenaline as he tried to find the door in the dark, stumbling a few times and crying out softly, a pitiful noise in the room. He wanted out; he wanted to see trees and sky and grass and dirt and blood and water. He didn't want sheets and shadows. He wanted a living, breathing...

Alder. Right. Myung-Dae found his legs--and the door--and managed to stumble through hallways, peeking through doors until finally finding Alder's room. He pushed open the door with a heavy hand, breathing fast and shaky as he stared into the darkness of Alder's room. He licked his cracked lips, letting out a shuddering sigh at the sudden need to be close to something alive, and kind, and warm, and oh the scars on his back and limbs still stung from the metal whip, and... Myung-Dae slowly approached the bed and climbed in beside Alder, moving close and pressing his forehead to the nape of Alder's neck, a shuddering sigh escaping him.

[Wow homg that got longer than expected, sorry ;D;]

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 03/16/2015 8:34 PM

Alder was in a deep sleep, having an odd dream of running through a field and chasing after someone-- wait... this was another memory from the monster within. His dream stopped at catching up to his prey as he was woken up by someone coming into his bed. His eyes flung open, feeling someone behind him, panic quickly setting in until he breathed in a familiar scent. Myung? What was he doing in his bed? He didn't seem to be trying to hurt or kill him, so why was he in with him?

"Um... Myung? What happened? Why are you in my bed at this hour?" he wasn't going to turn around to face him yet, believing that Myung would feel safer with huddling against his back. The only thing he could think of is that his guest had a nightmare which prompted him to seek out safety. Well, he wasn't against having him sleep next to him, if it made him feel safe.

((No worries =D))
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next