Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

Re: Etherized [M | Probably E] [P, Zap & I]

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/14/2015 11:41 PM

((No problem at all! ;o; <3))

The tenseness in Cyril's shoulders, only barely detectable by the set of his jaw, relaxed as Nika began to speak. Well, vaguely familiar was better than outright screaming or staggering to the nearest phone to call up the police. Even so, it was far too dangerous. Cyril would have to stay close to this one, just to make sure... "Perhaps, yes," Cyril mused, nodding his head. "Though I make a point to keep away from making too many close friends," he said with a light smirk, his eyes lidded as he leaned a little closer to Nika, considering them. There seemed to be little sign of lying... perhaps they truly didn't know of him, regardless of having possibly heard his name before.

Cyril glanced at the street for a moment, his face still rather close to Nika's as he surveyed the streetlights. "It wouldn't do for us to keep standing in an alleyway like this. Perhaps we should go somewhere?" he suggested, raising his eyebrows a fraction of a centimeter at them. "I would have to simply drop the conversation. You're quite pleasant to be around, Nika." It felt a bit strange, the first name basis, but without a 'mister' or 'miss' to go by, it would have to do, and it was just as well, if he didn't know their last name, either. Oh, what a curious person they were...

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Mousen » 03/09/2015 4:57 PM

"I don't make close friends either." Nika shrugged, and gave Nathaniel a small smile. "Lots of acquaintances, though. I hear a lot of people's everyday conversations where I work." Curious, was his name significant in some way? The part of Nika linked with self-preservation told them not to think about it too deeply. If someone wanted to hide their name, then revealed it in confidence, well... they had something to hide. Nika could think about it later anyway

Oh. An opportunity. They needed time to think dammit, they were switching between two lines of thought, neither of which were benefiting them in any way. Part of them knew it'd be a long time before they had an opportunity this good again, it would be the simplest thing. Yet, they could just as easily keep going with the conversation, and then after a time, part ways as though nothing had happened.

Cyril wasn't supposed to be fascinating, fuck.

Though, he'd already seen too much of Nika. The mask had slipped too far to be in any way salvageable. It could easily be written off as a part of Nika's eccentric personality. Did so little constitute as a loose end?

More time. "I think I know of somewhere suitable. If could show you, if you'd like?"

((-cat drags in a mousen-))

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby zapdragon555 » 03/14/2015 11:40 AM

[Helloooo lolol~]

Where I work? Cyril couldn't help the small flicker of disinterest, and yet further curiosity. That made it sound like Nika worked at some regular desk job. Surely that was not the case; their aura of mystery was far too heightened, the light in those eyes was far too familiar to Cyril on a deeply personal level. That sense of hunger, just barely hidden behind a well-carved mask--Cyril knew that mask well and suddenly more than anything he wanted to tear it off of Nika's face.

Control. Quiet. Don't get too hasty; this one is delicate, Cyril told himself quietly in the back of his mind, though his fingers barely twitched at his sides. He blinked as Nika spoke again, and his lips curved into an easy smile. "Ah, that would be wonderful, yes." How sketchy. At the very least, Cyril was not scared; he knew very well that he could defend himself against Nika, no matter what the mask revealed. "Lead the way."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Mousen » 03/18/2015 5:11 PM

((Have I mentioned I adore Cyril? uwu))

Nika knew, as they had known for the past few minutes, that they were slipping. They felt a desire to find some set of little justifications that would make it all right, a way in which they could prove it to themselves, as one did when trying to find a reason for skipping work or giving up on their diet. Sometimes, Nika made themselves sick. There was no way to justify what they were planning, anyone who could do that was simply a monster.

Then again, Nika had never claimed to be a saint. They smiled, although it was not the dizzy, clueless smile Nika had given Cyril a few minutes before. It was with that, that they lead the man deeper into the town of Nabias. The route seemed to be direct, they did not take any unnecessary twists or turns. The two of them were in an unusually quiet part of the city, it was where the daytime shops operated, it was less seedy, more for tourists and hikers than trappers or poachers. As night fell, it became deserted.

Nika turned around to say something to Cyril, when their ankle twisted under them and they were sent sprawling to the floor. Their hands scraped the tarmac, and they swore, partly out of surprise and partly out of pain. "Fuck."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby zapdragon555 » 03/18/2015 9:37 PM

[Aweee hehe thank you ;W; <3 He's a fun time x'DD]

The sensation of the noisy streets fading away to utter silence as Cyril followed Nika's lead was fascinating to him. With nothing but the quiet tapping of shoes on pavement after awhile, Cyril almost lost his focus on the potential danger and intrigue of the situation, of following a stranger into a deserted area of town. What was even more prominent, however, was the sudden scuffing of shoes and shout of pain, and Cyril stiffened, almost immediately dropping down to Nika's level. "Are you alright?" he asked, eyes sharp on Nika's hands, knowing full well a fall onto pavement like that would not leave skin intact. His eyes flickered slightly, and he leaned closer, kneeling one leg on the ground as he kept the other bent as leverage. "Let me see it."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 04/18/2015 11:31 AM

They twisted, kicking off their heels and gently lifting their bleeding hand off of the tarmac in one swift movement. It gave the impression of someone who was used to picking themselves up. "Hah. I'm sorry, Cyril. I'm not sure what's wrong with me." They made a vague gesture from sat on the floor. "Well, weak joints, and a habit for falling in love with bastards aside."

They used their good hand to lean on Cyril. "I'm okay. I twisted my ankle." They said, finally deciding to answer his question. Nika didn't seem bothered by the pain, either of the ankle or their scraped hand. "I'm not normally like this. I can keep an act together. If I want to be bubbly and silly, that's how it is. ... I suppose the temptation of seeing you react to something a little bit more genuine was too much for me."

Nika shifted their weight, on impulse resting their forehead on Cyril's shoulder. "It's rather pathetic when you think about it."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/27/2015 7:42 PM

Cyril's eyes flickered at Nika's words, a small set frown to his face. He glanced at the hand on his shoulder, then back at Nika, some instinct telling him that looking away from their face might be dangerous. He couldn't begin to explain the thought to himself, but he followed it. Usually his gut was right. "If you're hurt, I can help you... walk," Cyril trailed off as Nika suddenly laid their head on his shoulder, and he blinked slowly, eyes flicking down to the blood on Nika's hand. Finally Nika's words seemed to sink in, and he frowned slightly, digesting them. Genuine... an act...?

So he'd been right. There was more to Nika than originally met the eye; though of course, anyone with half a brain could have figured such a thing out, Cyril thought. "Not pathetic, per say," Cyril murmured, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a clean white handkerchief. "I perfectly understand wanting to seek a true reaction out of someone. It's one of my favorite things," he added with something like a small smirk, hands moving down to deftly loop the handkerchief around Nika's hand and tying it quickly into a makeshift bandage.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 05/26/2015 2:37 PM

They weren't thinking ahead properly. It was clumsy, it was childish, it was pathetic. Nika knew what kind of person they were, but in comparison with some they were a shade, a bad impersonation. Altogether too much... what was it it? Heart? Recklessness? Curiosity? No. It was volatile emotion, pure and simple. Nika lacked the coldness, the care they took in their particular hobbies did not come from their own nature, but necessity. They were unsuited to it, a sheep in wolf's clothing.

Oh, fuck it.

"That'd be nice." They replied in response to Cyril's offer. They got to their feet slowly, putting their injured foot gingerly onto the tarmac. It wasn't that bad, truly. Nika had much worse in their time. However, if Cyril was going to offer them an arm to lean on, who were they to refuse? "I'm afraid I've rather derailed your evening, Mr. Pearcival."

"Thank you." They added, after a moment or two, both in response to his words and the handkerchief he'd tried around Nika's wound. "We're rather similar, I suppose. You seem all together less impulsive than me, you probably get into less trouble, too." Nika laughed softly. "Then again, I'm a weak character, Cyril. Did you not guess? A slave to my impulses." They were few inches away from Cyril's face, and they carelessly dragged a nail along his jawline. Something in their eyes was dangerous, a kind of vicious, hungry facination. "It's going to get me killed one day."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 06/04/2015 11:33 AM

Cyril stood up as Nika did, offering his arm immediately to hold them upright, touch featherlight so as to not crowd the other too much. There was still something about this person that Cyril didn't trust, and he knew it was a safe bet that Nika was the slightest bit unhinged. He liked that. He identified with that. But he also knew to keep a safe distance of a few inches in case something occurred. "Perhaps it needed derailing," he mused, a rueful little smirk playing on his features.

Similar? Ah, perhaps Nika had noticed something as well...? And it took one to know one, of course. Oh, Cyril was terribly intrigued, and that was dangerous in itself. His eyes flickered as Nika dragged their touch across his jawline, and he exhaled slowly through his nose, blue eyes flitting over Nika's face. "I first killed another human being when I was eighteen years old," Cyril murmured suddenly, but the way it slipped out of his mouth as casual as the rest of their conversation, despite the nature of it, it was hardly an admission. "That, Nika... was impulsive. And I nearly did get in trouble, but I was impulsive--and that ended up saving me, too," he added, a wry look to his smile. "Now things are just... terribly boring, really."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 06/04/2015 4:58 PM

Nika returned Cyril's smile, and their expression didn't change much when Cyril gave his admission, only there was a slight raise of the eyebrows and a slight parting of their lips. Not quite a look of surprise. They leaned closer, pale green eyes meeting Cyril's, as it they were curious, seeking something in his expression or manner. They reached into their bag, and in one swift movement pressed a knife gently against his collarbone. "Snap." they said.

And then, after a moment, added. "Not that I'm going to try anything now. I can't manage it like this, you'd overpower me anyway. Besides, the moment's passed." They didn't move their arm, perhaps to let Cyril push the knife away himself, it wouldn't be of any good to either of them to have to play games. "I started killing later than you... I was... 21, 22 maybe? I haven't stopped, though, you can see that. I was going to kill you tonight, Cyril, but you were too interesting for me." Their focus shifted as they spoke to the wall behind Cyril's shoulder, just for a moment coming to rest on his face before flicking away again. Was that nervousness?

"You might have seen my work, you know. I think... the press give me a stupid name "Ripette"? It's gory stuff, back alley, organs everywhere, etc." Again, they weren't looking at Cyril. "But, if nothing else, maybe I've alleviated your boredom slightly?"

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 06/16/2015 3:45 AM

Cyril hardly twitched as the glint of a blade was suddenly in his vision, and underneath a mask of sheer calm Cyril could feel his skin crawling beneath the blade, nerves rising to meet the promise of bloodshed. It excited him--he couldn't help it. The unexpected but somehow so very fitting persona this person carried... it all added up so beautifully, Cyril was practically giddy behind his composed, lidded smile. "Moments have a way of doing that," he answered softly, reaching a hand up to lightly slide his fingertips along Nika's wrist, taking their hand and knife away from his throat and holding his hand around theirs, pinning their fingers to the handle of the knife.

"Well, thank goodness for that," he said in a soft, sing-songy voice that seemed to suggest he was neither disappointed nor relieved at this admission. He simply shared it. Now that Nika knew his secrets, Cyril had decided death was necessary for them--but now... now was different. Now they both knew things about each other, knew each other--not enough. Not enough yet. "Mm... I tend to stay away from the tabloids." Perhaps this was a jab, perhaps it wasn't; playful regardless. "I think Ripette is a lovely name, however," he mused, tilting his head at Nika's averted eyes with a vulpine smile on his face. Ah, this truly was an unhinged one... but not quite so much that Cyril wanted to run or erase them. Just human enough to play with those demons that lurked behind every killer's eyes and throat. "And I must say, I've been anything but bored since I bumped into you."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 06/21/2015 5:52 PM

Cyril's hand was around their own, their own hand around the handle of a strong, broad butcher's knife. It was the kind of knife made for hacking pieces of meat apart, although so far, it had only ever been used to hack apart people. What was the difference, really? Nika had often mused. Especially when they were the caliber of people Nika often targeted. Nika knew them well enough, they were the kind that  had once employed Nika, bought them drinks, the kind that when all was said and done left them with bruises and a feeling of emptiness that threatened to claw them apart.

If asked, Nika would deny outright that their past had caused them to become what they were, but in truth what they had been exposed to had some influence on their character. In the end, they'd got sick of being used.

They were back to meeting Cyril's eyes again. They knew he was as fascinated as they were, even if they were a little less composed, perhaps a little less educated. But that was all part of the fun, right? Nika didn't have a university degree, but they were smart enough to plan and execute a dozen murders or more without the Nabias police force even having a decent suspect. When Cyril mentioned that he avoided the tabloids, Nika huffed. "I would too, but... it's not a choice I can make, Cyril. Do I look like I have the strength to hide bodies?" The hand with the bandage gently traced the man's cheekbone. "I can barely stand up sometimes, remember?"

They were quiet for a moment or two, and then they said. "Is this why you wouldn't tell me your name? Or...?" Nika trailed off, wondering how close they were to saying something they shouldn't, but they were curious. Nika might be the one holding the knife, but Cyril was in control of it. If he wanted to push against their grip, he could. "I'm sorry, Cyril. I find you rather fascinating."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 06/24/2015 3:03 PM

Cyril's eyes seemed to soften at Nika's words, a thing they rarely did when addressing a stranger. But, he supposed, Nika wasn't any longer a total stranger. After all, they knew things about Cyril that Cyril's own family didn't. There was a certain kind of intimacy about that that Cyril wasn't sure he readily approved of.

Cyril's eyes barely sharpened again as Nika touched his face, focusing on the other person's gaze with a curious light in his own. "It's just a matter of business," he murmured softly, fingers shifting on Nika's, brushing the handle of the knife with his thumb. Slowly, he pushed their joined hands closer to Nika, inching millimeter by millimeter towards the junction of their neck and shoulder. "I don't have any kind of pseudonym... and my name is rather unfortunately recognized as someone who was kidnapped and promptly shot over phonecall to his dismayed family. If it were to get out that I was still wandering the streets, well..." Cyril's lips parted in a soft grin, angling his head back slightly to look down at Nika. "It would throw a bit of a wrench in things. And I can handle wrenches... but I don't like to." Gently, he touched the flat of the cold metal to Nika's neck, lightly grazing the flat edge along the skin there--not intending to hurt or draw blood by any means, for Nika already looked as if they were about to drop... but perhaps to intimidate, and to provide a little stimulation of his own.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 06/24/2015 5:00 PM

Nika raised their eyebrows, a look of surprise colouring their features. Their eyes flicked back to the knife, and they let Cyril push it towards them. What good would it do to fight anyway? If Cyril wanted them dead, they'd be dead, but if Nika knew anything it was that sources of amusement for people like them were few and far between. They would bet that Cyril found Nika as fascinating as Nika found them. In the end, it was a matter of practicality, wasn't it?

"You've been planning something for years then? Or, at the very least, were so desperate to buy yourself some time in order to think of a plan." There was the option, of course, that some third party was responsible for Cyril's faked death, and since he had decided to use it for his own purposes. It seemed unlikely, though. They met Cyril's gaze, as he pressed the knife to their skin.

They smiled. "Are you being serious, or are you paying lip service to the idea of threatening everyone who knows who you really are?" Their expression softened, and they traced their spare hand along the top of the knife and across his hands. "Don't misunderstand me. You're perfectly capable of killing me, with my own knife no less. The irony would be exquisite. For that alone the idea must be tempting." Or, maybe, they just had a love for the dramatic. "I'm not exactly the type to go running off to the police for anything. Not that they'd believe me, ex-prostitute, suspected drug user, and I don't by the way. I kill men instead." There was an amused tone to their voice, an underlying manic edge. A quiet reminder that this was the person that found amusement in disemboweling young men and leaving them in the street. "Any credibility I've ever possessed in in tatters."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 07/12/2015 6:43 PM

Cyril's eyes narrowed at Nika slightly, surprised at how spot on their second suggestion had been. "Buying time... yes, it was something like that," he murmured, his smile cold and humorless now. "But I got better at hiding my--mm... compulsions," he finished, finding the right word as he twitched his wrist, drawing the knifepoint down Nika's throat, barely pressing in, movements almost robotically controlled and precise. "I'm deadly serious, darling... don't think for a minute I wouldn't be." Smile.

Cyril's eyes flickered with curiosity at the new information being fed to him. "Drugs are distractions, after all," he mused, lessening the pressure on Nika's throat. "So is sex. The trade you and I partake of is... more passion, don't you think? Art, if you're feeling a bit more flighty to call it so. I rather like the term." Cyril eyed Nika up for a moment, then slowly flicked the knife away and slipped it into his own pocket. "You'll get it back," he murmured lowly, a small smirk turning up his features. "In the meantime... I'm going to get you back to a place you can lie down. You look pale as death. Which way to your house?"

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext